Warlords III: Darklords Rising just released...

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Pyperkub

Re: Warlords III: Darklords Rising just released...

Post by Pyperkub »

I know. :)
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

How are we doing? Stuck again?

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

It's me again. Sorry guys; now that we're back in the office I'm rarely using my personal computer. I'll make sure to get to it this weekend.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

turn 55 sent to Nick!

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 55 sent to Ralph.

I see I have drawn the ire of the black power stack. Now, while I've got his attention - everyone gang pile on him! :)
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Lil Red's got the last artifact for the win. Might go in a brick house, but I shall huff and puff...

Turn 56 to Pyperkub.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Dave Allen wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:50 pm Lil Red's got the last artifact for the win. Might go in a brick house, but I shall huff and puff...

Turn 56 to Pyperkub.
This game might have gone MUCH differently if my hero superstack had not died during transit to a city that got captured before he got there.

Whatever happened to the artifact(s) he had anyhow? Did they just wind up on the ground over by the first couple cities you razed when I first showed up over there?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Zenn7 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:10 pm
Dave Allen wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:50 pm Lil Red's got the last artifact for the win. Might go in a brick house, but I shall huff and puff...

Turn 56 to Pyperkub.
This game might have gone MUCH differently if my hero superstack had not died during transit to a city that got captured before he got there.

Whatever happened to the artifact(s) he had anyhow? Did they just wind up on the ground over by the first couple cities you razed when I first showed up over there?
T56 to Nick

The item(s) did not show up at the end point. I *think* lost items in that fashion go back into the pool of reward items (ruins/quests). don't hold me to it.

For me, the turning point was when your superstack hero summoned ~5 stacks and took out my primary at the time hero - I thought I was in a good position, but didn't reckon on the mass summoning in my calculations - oops. That was another major turning point and was also my own fault - I had set myself up to wipe out Red, and turned the wrong direction. Still thought I was safe, having 2 good stacks and some chaff in that city, but nope, the summoning completely wrecked me.

Given that I had lost multiple heroes in that city, and I kept getting smacked taking and then losing that city at the crossroads of the world, I resolved to just raze it ;).

does Lil Red have all 7 artifacts? Wow. I know I lost mine around T5-7 due to completely forgetting that opponent dead hero early instead of meaning pounce!, meant new hero with major allies for cheap incoming!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I don't think I found even one artifact, so while I may have built a respectable size "quarter of the map" empire, it all appears to be for naught.
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 56 sent to Ralph.

Aside from losing my hero the way I did...

I should not have gone off to find Archinerd when I had almost (but not completely) finished off Pyperkub. Had I stuck around to finish Pyperkub off, I would have been in a good position to hit Nick while I was there with superarmy. Then I could have turned and focused on Dave with a consolidated, large empire and superstack.

I like these strategy games and can usually get a good start, just don't have good long term plans/focus.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Took down Zenn's flagged guy this turn. I now have twelve items on my hero. Not sure which of them are actually the eight items necessary to win the game. This could be the last turn.

Turn 57 sent to Pyperkub.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Dave Allen wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:26 pm Took down Zenn's flagged guy this turn. I now have twelve items on my hero. Not sure which of them are actually the eight items necessary to win the game. This could be the last turn.

YOu can tell by looking at the item lists. All the 5000gp items in the Item List are the flag items. Note, with only 7 players, it should only be 7 items. Any with a value lower are just items.

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Dave Allen wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:26 pm Took down Zenn's flagged guy this turn. I now have twelve items on my hero. Not sure which of them are actually the eight items necessary to win the game. This could be the last turn.

??? I still had a flagged guy???
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turn sent to Nick.

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Zenn7 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:22 am

??? I still had a flagged guy???
Yes. I remember. His name was Shelli. ...or maybe he had a gold cup that looked a lot like a flag. :roll:

I will have to check that 5000g item list on my next turn.

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Looks like I'm spooling up for a diplomatic victory, lol.
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 57 sent to Ralph.

HAHAHA Dave!!! I sent everything I had after you! The results were amazingly pathetic.

I knew all those missile guys would come in handy someday! I'm still waiting for that day.
Spoiler:
Had 8-10 missile units, failed to even kill the first guy - which would have really helped as he was strength 11 w/ 3-4 hits
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Superstacking appears to be a legitimate strategy, but Mr. Unbeatable spent too much time jerking off in the deep south and the northern hordes descend.
I have 5 out of 7.
Turn 58 to Pyperkub.

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Dave Allen wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:17 pm Superstacking appears to be a legitimate strategy, but Mr. Unbeatable spent too much time jerking off in the deep south and the northern hordes descend.
I have 5 out of 7.
Turn 58 to Pyperkub.
WOW - it's not over! Now to get another hero and get him leveled up and ready to pick up the pieces when someone kicks your superstack's butt!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turn 58 to Nick!

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 58 sent to Ralph.

I see the grand alliance has amassed considerable hordes to descend on the hero with all the goodies. DIE DIE DIE!!! :horse: :twisted:
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I got seriously rat attacked this last turn! I won all five battles, but those damn rats took out 7 pretty decent troops. Fortunately, I have more where that came from. 8-)
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Where are we now?

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:09 pm Where are we now?
Just sent you turn 59.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turn 59 to Nick!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Still have no idea which of my units died in that battle.
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 59 sent to Ralph.

Got a new hero - a shaman. Not my first choice...:(
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:55 pm Turn 59 sent to Ralph.

I think my shaman lasted 2 turns. Best of luck!
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Archinerd wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:49 pm
Zenn7 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:55 pm Turn 59 sent to Ralph.

I think my shaman lasted 2 turns. Best of luck!
Through sure distance from anything that could possibly kill him, he's going to make it longer than that. Though I still need to go see what his spells do that make him worthwhile.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turn 60 sent to Nick!

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 60 sent to Ralph.

The uberbaddy is leaving my area, heading NE towards the center of the map more or less.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Hit his support structure instead.
Black Lives Matter
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:07 am Hit his support structure instead.
Ralph-Wiggum just earned +100 AIP for razing in northern Midkemia :evil:

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Where are we?

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Sent the turn over to Dave yesterday.
Black Lives Matter
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:48 pm Where are we?
To you

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turn 61 to Nick!

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Turn 61 sent to Ralph.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turn 62 to Nick. Man am I getting hosed.

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Pyperkub wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:39 pm Turn 62 to Nick. Man am I getting hosed.
I thought you were doing quite well, considering... I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO BE DEAD 30 TURNS AGO!!! :grund:

Heck, you even sniped some of my cities that Dave took.

I am assuming it's Dave that's hosing you as I thought we pretty much all united against him in a grand alliance against the dark lord.