Google Maps

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Google Maps

Post by Daehawk »

Did I miss click or hit a hidden hotkey to cause a change? I used to be able to zoom in and double click the road to zoom down to ground and look around. I was doing it earlier today even. Tonight though I can only go so far in and when I double click the road it doesn't auto zoom to ground. I get a little pic of ground lvl in a small box at the bottom. If I click that I then am at ground lvl. Its added an extra annoying step for some reason.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Re: Google Maps

Post by Daehawk »

Seems its not just me. Looking more online it seems to have started around May this year. No one can view older images on Street View. They're all gone. Maybe Google is planning to make this a pay feature who knows. Also some people cant double click to zoom to street view and have to use the very old way of clicking the yellow icon. Me I have to triple click the road to bring up a tiny image at bottom then click that to zoom to street view. Not sure if they've just f'd it up and are not caring enough to fix it or are doing something else. But half a year is a little long for it to be broken.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Perhaps this is a change to accommodate more mobile users. Anyway, I always used to get street view by using the little yellow man so I didn't even notice the other way had changed. And the new way seems pretty intuitive, a little picture pops up at the bottom if there is a street view. I still prefer the little yellow man.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, I think they redesigned their Maps sometime this summer. It seems more streamlined, yet at the same time feels less responsive? I don't know if that's the right word to describe it, but it feels like it lags a lot compared to the earlier version which was just fine. Maybe it uses more resources.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti