[Film] The Eternals - Nov 2021

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

JCC

Re: [Film] The Eternals - Nov 2021

Post by JCC »

rittchard wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:30 pm This is my favorite comment about a 2021 Marvel movie LOL!!!!
Happy to please and 100% truth! :)
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Watched it last night. It was better than I thought it would be, but that's faint praise. Marvel needs to shake things up more. They're getting more and more formulaic.
He won. Period.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

AWS260 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:14 am Liked it, didn't love it. Introducing ten(?) new superheroes in one film is probably at least four too many, no matter how good the actors are.
Yeah, I have to agree. I knew nothing about this group (unlike a group like the X-Men) and just wasn't drawn into their story. We'll see if the inevitable sequel can draw me further in.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote:Am I the only one who has almost zero desire to see this? I'm a big Marvel fan, but I never really cared for the Eternals comics, nor the Inhumans in the comics and when Agents of Shield really started going down that path, we tuned out and haven't picked it up again.
So, I finally watched this on Disney. Glad I waited. I just didn't really care about any of it. None of the characters were enough to grab me, nor strong enough to carry the movie through the exposition and the writing was really blah, no real sense of humor in it - it could have really characters with some charisma.

Probably the worst of the marvel films IMHO.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Watched it last night and thought it was decent. Trying to characterize a team of ten individuals (and a valet) takes some time to make each one memorable other than just different coloring and powers.
It's almost as if people are the problem.