The Batman - Robert Pattinson

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

pr0ner

Re: The Batman - Robert Pattinson

Post by pr0ner »

I'm seeing this Thursday night. I am currently undergoing intense bladder training in anticipation.
Hodor.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

hepcat wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:51 am I read that as “erotic” at first glance. Thank god I took a second glance.
pphh, everyone knows Solomon Grundy is the most erotic Batman villian.

Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Whereas Aquaman is DC's most erotic hero

He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Geez, since when is dancing like that erotic? Who are you, the preacher from Footloose?!

Can't an Aquaman get his groove on without being judged???
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:55 pm Whereas Aquaman is DC's most erotic hero

EVERYBODY DO THE FISH FUCK!!!!

When you're stuck in a rut
And you gotta bust nut
Do the Fish Fuck

When you're feeling so blue
You dont know what else to do
Do the Fish Fuck

Goldfish, Bass Fish, Gills that are blue
Sure Mr Blowfish you can come along too
Do the Fish Fuck

That Peacemaker ass is as mad as can be
Cause he aint got a trouser trout bigger than me
Do the Fish Fuck

Yeah yeah yeah DO THE FISH FUCK!!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In what may fortell a new trend, both AMC and Regal are charging more for tickets to see The Batman than they are for other movies showing at the same time and same format. This doesn't count the difference between seeing, say, The Batman in IMAX vs. seeing Uncharted on a regular screen, but you'd be paying extra to see The Batman on a regular screen vs. seeing Uncharted on a regular screen, too.
Hodor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Then I'm going as Bat Mite. Gotta get my money's worth somehow.
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

They would have to pay me and give me free popcorn to even consider watching Uncharted.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Matinee price ftw.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

stimpy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:59 pm Matinee price ftw.
It's still more expensive to see The Batman at a matinee than it is to see another movie at the same time under the current pricing structure Regal and AMC are doing.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

DUGONG!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He said "at a matinee" not "with a manatee". Sheesh, you got some weird fetishes.
Last edited by hepcat on Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:05 pm
stimpy wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:59 pm Matinee price ftw.
It's still more expensive to see The Batman at a matinee than it is to see another movie at the same time under the current pricing structure Regal and AMC are doing.
Ah......my theater is a Classic Cinema.
That's why I'm not seeing a price difference.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:27 pm He said "at a matinee" not "with a manatee". Sheesh, you got some weird fetishes.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Jaymann wrote:They would have to pay me and give me free popcorn to even consider watching Uncharted.
I saw it. You'd need them to pay you a lot. It's quite terrible.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

McNutt wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:43 pm
Jaymann wrote:They would have to pay me and give me free popcorn to even consider watching Uncharted.
I mean, come on, man. Mark Wahlberg's name is right there on every poster, for cryin' out loud. How many times have you been to a hospital for burning your hand on a hot stove this year?
He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I mean we knew hep's favorite actor was involved but thanks for confirming my utter lack of interest.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:52 pm
I mean we knew hep's favorite actor was involved but thanks for confirming my utter lack of interest.
Literally posting about this the MOMENT you wrote this reply.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I liked him in Shooter....or Sniper...or whatever that was.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I was designated the one taking the boys and their friends to a movie. Limited options. At least they served beer there.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

McNutt wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:03 pm I was designated the one taking the boys and their friends to a movie. Limited options. At least they served beer there.
I’m surprised no one called Child Protective Services on your ass. You know what exposing children to a Wahlberg film does to their development?
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hepcat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 pm
McNutt wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:03 pm I was designated the one taking the boys and their friends to a movie. Limited options. At least they served beer there.
I’m surprised no one called Child Protective Services on your ass. You know what exposing children to a Wahlberg film does to their development?
Makes them want to expose themselves at a bowling alley?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Apparently pricing based on demand is something AMC has decided to bring to the US from Europe. They've also hinted that they may start charging differently based on seat location.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I already disliked AMC theaters. Super uncomfortable seats and awful sound.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:18 am I already disliked AMC theaters. Super uncomfortable seats and awful sound.
Maybe where you live. Not around these parts. Cushy reclining seats. Dolby and digital sound.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Saw the first of the new Star Wars trilogy films in a newish AMC theater in ..was it 2015?. It was their mega screen THX 3D whatever one with that sound and stuff. Im not sure what they did wrong but the seats were hard plastic like stadium seats. The sound was blaring and muffled and sounded like the speakers were all blown. And the film was so dark I couldn't see it much. So it was dark, couldn't understand the sound and hurt my back. Ive never been back.

On the flip side my local UEC 14 theater just down the road has super comfy plush motorized recliners and you can raise the arm rest in between two of them to make a love seat. My and my wife LOVED that place. Its still there but I just dont go now.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Did we already talk about how it’s three hours long?
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I don't know, but the internet did. I don't think you can complain about this aspect till you've seen it.

There are a whole lot of people with red faces who will pay good money to have their time wasted for two hours and fifteen minutes, but never three. And it's ridiculous. The vast majority knew whether they were going to see it before the runtime was announced. The rest work for the theatre industry and are worried about the number of showtimes they can schedule in a day.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If it's a good movie (and most reviews seem to indicate it is) what does it matter if it's 3 hours or 2 hours? It's not like this is a new thing. We've had quite a few movies 3 hours or more over the years.
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I used to not care much about movie times until I got into my 40s and found out my bladder can barely make it through an episode of South Park. I'll still go see it in the theater, because...Batman. But I admit the run time gave me significant pause.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Okay, you have a point when it comes to biology. Especially for those of us who don't have the bladders of a 20 year old anymore. :lol:
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

My seating preference used to be what offered the most central visual and auditory experience. My seating preference now is "What seat offers me the fastest ability to run to the restroom and get back while disturbing the least number of people, while still providing a satisfactory viewing experience?" The math got MUCH more complex. :D

DC Universe offered a flash sale the other day for half off an annual subscription. I had let mine lapse, but that suckered me back in. So I'm back to reading Batman again. Decided to just start with Rebirth and go from there until I get caught up.

As for the movie? It's a possibility for tonight if my mom keeps the kids, but we're currently waiting on my niece to be born which could mess up the date night. Babies have terrible timing.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm hoping to confirm a date for new income before it is out of the theaters. If so, we'll spring for tickets. But snacks are a no-go. Michelle will have to break out her smugglin' purse.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I read a review today saying that it's (1) three hours long, (2) shot entirely in darkness (the two scenes that aren't at night are at dusk and dawn), and (3) will be on HBOMax in April. Given points 1 and 2, IDK if I'll even watch it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:18 am DC Universe offered a flash sale the other day for half off an annual subscription. I had let mine lapse, but that suckered me back in. So I'm back to reading Batman again. Decided to just start with Rebirth and go from there until I get caught up.
That's a good place to start (make sure you've read DC Universe Rebirth first if you haven't already.) I'd suggest going with both Batman and Detective Comics. They have very different styles of story that just happen to run concurrently. I really enjoyed the Detective Comics stories early in Rebirth.

I'm way behind myself. I have been meaning to get back to it, but I can't for the life of me remember where I left off!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Kraken wrote:I read a review today saying that it's (1) three hours long, (2) shot entirely in darkness (the two scenes that aren't at night are at dusk and dawn), and (3) will be on HBOMax in April. Given points 1 and 2, IDK if I'll even watch it.
Ugh, not the dark. That's a pet peeve of mine and it will be hard to watch three hours of that.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

McNutt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:23 am
Kraken wrote:I read a review today saying that it's (1) three hours long, (2) shot entirely in darkness (the two scenes that aren't at night are at dusk and dawn), and (3) will be on HBOMax in April. Given points 1 and 2, IDK if I'll even watch it.
Ugh, not the dark. That's a pet peeve of mine and it will be hard to watch three hours of that.
I am constantly cranking the gamma on my computer screen through the roof for dark videos/games. Will consider doing this on my TV when it comes to HBO Max.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Kraken wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:02 am I read a review today saying that it's (1) three hours long, (2) shot entirely in darkness (the two scenes that aren't at night are at dusk and dawn), and (3) will be on HBOMax in April. Given points 1 and 2, IDK if I'll even watch it.
#3 would be enough for me to hold off but I also have a 8 credits for tickets (with a new one added each month) at Cinemark that I need to wipe out so I can cancel my membership so I have to go to the theater dammit.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It coming to HBO would be enough to make me wait if it weren't Batman. I'm still very hesitant about the overly-grounded approach (I had enough of that with the Nolan trilogy), but it may still end up being one of the Batman 'great films.' Well, that, and I let my HBO sub go last week.
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:21 am I'm way behind myself. I have been meaning to get back to it, but I can't for the life of me remember where I left off!
I wasn't as far behind as I thought. It looks like I'm at around Batman Vol. 3 #75 and Detective Comics Vol.1 #1006. I actually shelved Justice League a while back. Too... out there. Too cosmic. Not grounded enough. ;)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

McNutt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:23 am
So glad I'm not alone in that. I seem to be coming more and more blind when it comes to shades of black and that's all movies want to shoot in. And then I'm really the olds because whatever it is they are doing with digital media it's even harder to see the shades of darkness than it was from a time before compressed data streaming. Cable was easier to watch before everything need a digital decoder. I know it's not just me because my old (digital) DVDs are just fine. I don't feel blind watching them.

Another reason why I watch mostly cartoons. They're vivid.