PHPBB3 - v3.3 Feature Release - Live

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

FishPants
Server WhOOre

PHPBB3 - v3.3 Feature Release - Live

Post by FishPants »

Well I didn't intentionally mean to go bleeding edge, but I ended up putting us to the latest feature release which meant upgrading tapatalk and the spam blocker. Hopefully everything works as intended, but report weird shenanigans here please if any.
No.
Pyperkub

Re: PHPBB3 - v3.3 Feature Release - Live

Post by Pyperkub »

Thanks FP!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Seems slick. Thanks for the tune up.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:42 pm Seems slick. Thanks for the tune up.
I haven't even looked at the release notes; I was expecting 3.29 for the download and had a cocktail in my hand and BBC earth on in the background.. Just ran the upgrade and then realized my whoopsie (granted 3.3 has been out since January). What did you notice that was slick?

Also I had to upgrade to PHP 7.3 (from 5.x which is EOL) so there's that. Then Tapatalk and Cleantalk barfed, so those got a polish.

Anyways report bugs, or in this case if you see something neato also report it. I'm going back to my cocktail now!
No.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My board style was reset but I reset the reset. TY.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Seems to be running faster now. I was getting slowdowns and hangs over the last few weeks. Maybe it's unrelated. Seems quite zippy now.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:53 pm Seems to be running faster now. I was getting slowdowns and hangs over the last few weeks. Maybe it's unrelated. Seems quite zippy now.
Well to be transparent I did stop and restart mariadb (mysqld for us old guys) - and that took a LONG time to stop and restart.. I was getting some odd behaviour even through ssh (it was like old school BBS days, type and the text would eventually fill in) until I did that.

Anyhow glad it's working better, let's hope it stays that way!
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I've added some scroll to top/bottom of long pages with an extension. Did some light testing, seems pretty slick and I like it - let me know what you think if it's a keeper.
No.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

FishPants wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:24 pm I've added some scroll to top/bottom of long pages with an extension. Did some light testing, seems pretty slick and I like it - let me know what you think if it's a keeper.
Just spotted that feature. I like.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm using the Black boardstyle and all my font sizes have been messed up since you added the scroll bar and text runs behind the search box, icons don't line up on the different boards, and the Octopus image has been replaced by a gigantic "phpBB". I'm viewing in unmodified Chrome.

I'll test out other boardstyles in a bit.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:21 pm I'm using the Black boardstyle and all my font sizes have been messed up since you added the scroll bar and text runs behind the search box, icons don't line up on the different boards, and the Octopus image has been replaced by a gigantic "phpBB". I'm viewing in unmodified Chrome.

I switched to Black just out of curiosity and first of all I think I am using that permanently rather than my old standby prosilver. More importantly, I see none of the things you report except for the phpbb logo. The octopus does flash up there for a second then disappears. everything looks fine. Also on unmodded Chrome.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

stessier wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:21 pm I'm using the Black boardstyle and all my font sizes have been messed up since you added the scroll bar and text runs behind the search box, icons don't line up on the different boards, and the Octopus image has been replaced by a gigantic "phpBB". I'm viewing in unmodified Chrome.

So I just switched over to "Black" as my style, and I see none of those issues. Further the Octopus logo is there.

Hold shift and reload the page? Perhaps you have a cached logo or something in the way.
No.
stessier

Post by stessier »

FishPants wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:44 pm

So I just switched over to "Black" as my style, and I see none of those issues. Further the Octopus logo is there.

Hold shift and reload the page? Perhaps you have a cached logo or something in the way.
Weird. I tried the shift+reload with no change.

I went through all the styles.

It happens on: Black, Black DarkBlue, Black DarkGreen, Black DarkGreen2,

It doesn't happen on: AllenStyle SUBSILVER, BlackBoard, Digi, Digi DarkBlue, Digi DarkBlue2, Digi Green, Digi Orange, Digi Red, Hexagon, Latte, Latte Red, SE Square Left, ne-blackgreen, prosilver

If it's only happening to me, it's not a big deal. I'll just pick a different style.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

I'm using Digi Darkblue. The little quick navigation at the top of the screen should be

Board index > Gaming > Video Games

but I'm just getting

Board index > >
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Hrothgar wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:11 pm I'm using Digi Darkblue. The little quick navigation at the top of the screen should be

but I'm just getting

Board index > >
Yup, I notice the same problem using the Digi Darkblue board style.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:17 pm
Hrothgar wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:11 pm I'm using Digi Darkblue. The little quick navigation at the top of the screen should be

but I'm just getting

Board index > >
You guys beat me by a few minutes. It's happening on a bunch of skins (including non-Digi ones). Works correctly on subsilver.
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Did the default font size change? I swear it wasn't this small before.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Biyobi wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:24 pm

but I'm just getting

Board index > >
You guys beat me by a few minutes. It's happening on a bunch of skins (including non-Digi ones). Works correctly on subsilver.
Well those skins I haven’t updated for 3.3 because I didn’t think they needed to be, but maybe I’m wrong. I’ll take a look this weekend and see if digi has a 3.3 release like Black did.
No.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

FishPants wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:02 pm
Biyobi wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:24 pm

but I'm just getting

Board index > >
Well those skins I haven’t updated for 3.3 because I didn’t think they needed to be, but maybe I’m wrong. I’ll take a look this weekend and see if digi has a 3.3 release like Black did.
I came here to say the same thing about Digi Darkblue.

Can the Top/Bottom nav icon be a little bit smaller?
stessier

Post by stessier »

stessier wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:06 pm
FishPants wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Weird. I tried the shift+reload with no change.

I went through all the styles.

It happens on: Black, Black DarkBlue, Black DarkGreen, Black DarkGreen2,

It doesn't happen on: AllenStyle SUBSILVER, BlackBoard, Digi, Digi DarkBlue, Digi DarkBlue2, Digi Green, Digi Orange, Digi Red, Hexagon, Latte, Latte Red, SE Square Left, ne-blackgreen, prosilver

If it's only happening to me, it's not a big deal. I'll just pick a different style.
Huh, it's got to be some setting in Chrome. My work laptop and my Samsung tablet have the issue, but my desktop computer at home is fine. Very odd.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Ok here's what I did this morning:

1. I upgraded all of the Digi platforms and flushed the board cache. Did that fix the nav issue?

2. I disabled the page nav buttons for now - did that fix the issue on Black for the folks that were experiencing it?
No.
Anonymous Bosch

FishPants wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:48 am Ok here's what I did this morning:

1. I upgraded all of the Digi platforms and flushed the board cache. Did that fix the nav issue?
The "Board index > Gaming > Video Games" section of Digi Darkblue looks copacetic. But the logo in the top-left has now been replaced with this:

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:14 pm

The "Board index > Gaming > Video Games" section of Digi Darkblue looks copacetic. But the logo in the top-left has now been replaced with this:

Force a refresh of the page, it should be the octopus logo. Not sure why, but I had the same problem (even on mobile) until I forced a refresh.
No.
Anonymous Bosch

FishPants wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:17 pm
Anonymous Bosch wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:14 pm

Force a refresh of the page, it should be the octopus logo. Not sure why, but I had the same problem (even on mobile) until I forced a refresh.
The logo's back but the headline and subtitle text are missing, i.e:

Octopus Overlords
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons bring us some web forums whereupon we can gather
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Kasey Chang wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:39 pm Did the default font size change? I swear it wasn't this small before.
Yeah, something is off here, my font size got much smaller and I don't see anything in the User Options to change that. Any help or advice on this?
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

In the black theme, links are a light gray that's almost indistinguishable from normal text. Can they be changed to almost any other color (preferably blue)? (edit) Looks like only read links are gray. They're still nearly invisible, but unread links display properly in blue.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Grifman wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:26 pm
Kasey Chang wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:39 pm Did the default font size change? I swear it wasn't this small before.
Yeah, something is off here, my font size got much smaller and I don't see anything in the User Options to change that. Any help or advice on this?
Any response on the font size issue?
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Grifman wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:50 pm
What theme? What browser? What OS? I can't guess at this stuff and be much help.
No.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

FishPants wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:26 am
Grifman wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:50 pm
What theme? What browser? What OS? I can't guess at this stuff and be much help.
Never mind, somehow my zoom got reduced to 80%, not sure how. Anyway, I moved it back to 100% and it seems to stick so I am good now.
Anonymous Bosch

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:47 pm The logo's back but the headline and subtitle text are missing, i.e:

Octopus Overlords
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons bring us some web forums whereupon we can gather
FWIW, the heading and subtitle are still missing from the Digi board styles.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Likewise on Digi/Firefox/Windows/Living Room/Desk
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

but I'm just getting

Board index > >
I am getting the Board index > > issue using Latte on Chrome.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Hey, Fishpants - one thing's getting lost.

Thank you for the upgrade, and thank you for all of the time an effort you put in.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:03 am Hey, Fishpants - one thing's getting lost.

Thank you for the upgrade, and thank you for all of the time an effort you put in.
Hear, hear!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Moat_Man wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:02 am

but I'm just getting

Board index > >
Yeah that one I haven't upgraded yet, I'll try and get to it later tonight or tomorrow I'm working from home so I can work on it between calls. I don't know why the site name/text is gone -- I'm not clear if I somehow borked this, or it's something in Phpbb 3.3 to remove all that.. I mean the variables are still set in the menu, it just doesn't seem to show up anymore. Weird.
No.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

FishPants wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:06 pm
Moat_Man wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:02 am

but I'm just getting

Board index > >
Yeah that one I haven't upgraded yet, I'll try and get to it later tonight or tomorrow I'm working from home so I can work on it between calls. I don't know why the site name/text is gone -- I'm not clear if I somehow borked this, or it's something in Phpbb 3.3 to remove all that.. I mean the variables are still set in the menu, it just doesn't seem to show up anymore. Weird.
No sweat. It was just an FYI.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Am I the only one who keeps getting logged out today? It seems to be after about 30 minutes of inactivity.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I haven't had any issue.

I have noticed a different (minor) issue: The Steam profile box under peoples' portraits is protruding into the text area of posts on Digi.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

It must be me then. On PC, with Chrome. Now, I'm being logged out every few minutes.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

It works normally in Firefox. Then I noticed Firefox was using the secure https site. Once I switched Chrome to https, the problem seems to have gone away. I thought I had updated all my bookmarks, but I guess not.

FYI for anyone having similar troubles.

Edit: And, Chrome logged me out again. Oh well, Firefox is working. I'll try to troubleshoot more later.