Playstation 5

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Fishbelly

Re: Playstation 5

Post by Fishbelly »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:54 pm
naednek wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:33 pm How much you want to sell me for Horizon :P
I assume it comes pre-loaded, otherwise I totally would.
I bought the Horizon Forbidden West bundle in June. It comes with a printed code that you redeem at the PS Store--so you can certainly pass it on. :D
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The good news: It shipped this morning. :dance:

The bad news: It arrives the day I leave for a week long work conference. :lol:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:04 am The good news: It shipped this morning. :dance:

The bad news: It arrives the day I leave for a week long work conference. :lol:
I think you just caught covid
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

*sigh*

My order "shipped" on Monday but all that's showing is that a label was printed. Contacted Walmart and they said the fulfillment center my order was sent to is short but that the order is still "intact" but subject to a delay.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Mine shows it was delivered last night to a FedEx sorting facility that's about 10 minutes from me, but that it won't be delivered to my house until Monday afternoon.

That's...annoying. :?
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Yay, panicked for nothing. Seems no one scanned the package after the label was printed until it arrived at the local post office. Out for delivery!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

:horse:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:01 am Mine shows it was delivered last night to a FedEx sorting facility that's about 10 minutes from me, but that it won't be delivered to my house until Monday afternoon.

That's...annoying. :?
Wouldn't want to distract you from the SD State game or NFL kickoff weekend.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Scratch that…it just arrived. :horse:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I hope you enjoy regularly applying software updates to your controllers! :P Also, you should buy Demon's Souls!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

DS is on the premium pass or whatever the hell it's called btw. You would have to be crazypants to not have it for at least the first few months as it has some of the best games.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Octavious wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:14 pm DS is on the premium pass or whatever the hell it's called btw. You would have to be crazypants to not have it for at least the first few months as it has some of the best games.
I just renewed the PS Premium last month for 12 months. :) Will have lots to play (and download).

First up will probably be the FF VII Remake Intergrade Episode (the Yuffie DLC) as I wasn't able to play in on PS4. Will grab Death Stranding and AC Valhalla as well, as I was waiting for PS5 to try both of those.

Demon's Souls? Yeah...no.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

At least load it up so you can see how pretty it is. :D

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I am only about 5 bosses in, but so far this is the easiest FROM game of them all. It will still make you hate your life, but every boss has a critical weakness that sort of trivializes the fights (again, so far).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:17 pm
Octavious wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:14 pm DS is on the premium pass or whatever the hell it's called btw. You would have to be crazypants to not have it for at least the first few months as it has some of the best games.
I just renewed the PS Premium last month for 12 months. :) Will have lots to play (and download).

First up will probably be the FF VII Remake Intergrade Episode (the Yuffie DLC) as I wasn't able to play in on PS4. Will grab Death Stranding and AC Valhalla as well, as I was waiting for PS5 to try both of those.

Demon's Souls? Yeah...no.
Don't forget Returnal.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Does anyone else here with a PS5 fight the issue of being able to turn on your system out of rest mode, getting a notice to press the PS button on the controller, and being unable to advance? The only way I can guarantee this doesn't happen is to just turn the console all the way off.
Hodor.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Hmm no I haven't had any issues turning it on. :?

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

It’s been interesting to see how small the technical gap has become with console generations.

Even the PS5 exclusives and high profile cross-platform games (Elden Ring, FF VII Remake, AC Valhalla, Returnal, Astro’s Playground, etc.) it’s nearly impossible to tell much difference in graphics. I expect that gap will get more pronounced further in the life cycle, but it’s not much right now.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya it's a pretty crappy design if you want to lay it down. I have it on my computer desk standing up and it actually blends in well. (white desk). The Xbox is much more practical.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Octavious wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:02 pm Hmm no I haven't had any issues turning it on. :?
It'll turn on out of rest mode, but then it'll give me the prompt to press the PS button and no amount of pressing will let me do stuff. I have to get up, force the console off, and then it turn it on with the controller again to get things to work. So annoying.
Hodor.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

pr0ner wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:24 pm
Octavious wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:02 pm Hmm no I haven't had any issues turning it on. :?
It'll turn on out of rest mode, but then it'll give me the prompt to press the PS button and no amount of pressing will let me do stuff. I have to get up, force the console off, and then it turn it on with the controller again to get things to work. So annoying.
That used to happen to me about 1 out of 10 start ups, but it less frequent now. I tried a controller reset, but like you say, only a console restart resolves it.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Literally never.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:13 pm It’s been interesting to see how small the technical gap has become with console generations.

Even the PS5 exclusives and high profile cross-platform games (Elden Ring, FF VII Remake, AC Valhalla, Returnal, Astro’s Playground, etc.) it’s nearly impossible to tell much difference in graphics. I expect that gap will get more pronounced further in the life cycle, but it’s not much right now.
So far the only games that really look next gen to me are Ratchet and Clank and Demon's Souls. Everything else is being held back by cross gen development. There isn't a single game on the series X that looks truly next gen due to Microsoft's insistence on developing all of their games for the Xbox One hardware.

BUT if you haven't played the Matrix Unreal 5 demo do it now. It looks truly next gen, especially once you finish the demo and unlock free play. It's seriously next level over Unreal 4. So in summary once Unreal 5 games finally start to drop and cross development is done the games will finally look as good as they should this gen.
FTE
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Off the top of my head that I think look amazing...

NBA2k23 (If basketball is your jam at all this is a blast this year and the gfx are ridiculous)
Returnal
Demon Souls
Last of Us 2 (It might be cross gen but it looks amazing)
Ass Creed Odyssey (This game is jaw dropping in 4k 60FPS)
Ass Creed Valhala
Ghost of Toshima (They upgraded it for the PS5 and have full support for the triggers)

So while I totally agree they should be farther ahead there are some pretty games out there. It's probably could to be another year at least of them nursing the old gen due to it still being hard to get. (But it's certainly getting easier)

Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I used to have something similar happen on my PS4, and that was shortly after I'd gotten it. Sometimes after booting it (not rest mode), I'd get the prompt as if it had forgotten the controller was turned on. Only, I'd get a response and I'd get to proceed normally. But it still made me wonder what the heck was going on.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Scraper wrote:BUT if you haven't played the Matrix Unreal 5 demo do it now. It looks truly next gen, especially once you finish the demo and unlock free play. It's seriously next level over Unreal 4. So in summary once Unreal 5 games finally start to drop and cross development is done the games will finally look as good as they should this gen.
Holy crap, that's the first I've seen of Unreal 5. My jaw literally dropped.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

YellowKing wrote:Holy crap, that's the first I've seen of Unreal 5. My jaw literally dropped.
How is that the first you’ve seen of UE5?!

Enjoy.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Scraper wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:46 am
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:13 pm It’s been interesting to see how small the technical gap has become with console generations.

So far the only games that really look next gen to me are Ratchet and Clank and Demon's Souls. Everything else is being held back by cross gen development. There isn't a single game on the series X that looks truly next gen due to Microsoft's insistence on developing all of their games for the Xbox One hardware.

BUT if you haven't played the Matrix Unreal 5 demo do it now. It looks truly next gen, especially once you finish the demo and unlock free play. It's seriously next level over Unreal 4. So in summary once Unreal 5 games finally start to drop and cross development is done the games will finally look as good as they should this gen.
Matrix Unreal 5 demo got delisted in July, apparently.

Lame.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:21 pm I am only about 5 bosses in, but so far this is the easiest FROM game of them all. It will still make you hate your life, but every boss has a critical weakness that sort of trivializes the fights (again, so far).
What game are you referring to?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Demon Souls...The bosses do have very obvious patterns in that game. The newer ones not so much.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Has there ever been a console that's been out for almost 2 years and yet finding one to purchase is still nearly impossible? Strange times...
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I signed up for the Xbox Series X notification on the Microsoft site and got one within 2 weeks.

I signed up for the same thing on the PlayStation site AND on Amazon 6 months ago and nothing.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stimpy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:52 pm
coopasonic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:21 pm I am only about 5 bosses in, but so far this is the easiest FROM game of them all. It will still make you hate your life, but every boss has a critical weakness that sort of trivializes the fights (again, so far).
Yup, Demon's Souls. I finished it a couple weeks and definitely the easiest Souls-like I've played. Total time was less than 20 hours. Several bosses where I beat them first try, which seems kind of crazy.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:25 pm
Yup, Demon's Souls. I finished it a couple weeks and definitely the easiest Souls-like I've played. Total time was less than 20 hours. Several bosses where I beat them first try, which seems kind of crazy.
Huh. That's kind of surprising to hear.
I may........may.....have to look into DS.
I have to admit that even though Elden Ring kicked my ass and consumed my life, I kinda miss it........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

hepcat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:21 pm I signed up for the same thing on the PlayStation site AND on Amazon 6 months ago and nothing.
In the past 8 months, I signed up three times for PS direct and also for Amazon...nada. Would still be looking were it not for the random Walmart link posted earlier in this thread.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:06 pm Has there ever been a console that's been out for almost 2 years and yet finding one to purchase is still nearly impossible? Strange times...
And the first redesign is already in the works.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:25 pm
I thought most of Elden Ring was the easiest Souls game, with a couple of exceptions (Melenia, I still hate her).
FTE
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I would agree with that. The ability to just ride away and come back later when you were powered up (often overpowered) was a huge help. You can do that to some extent in the other games, but not nearly at the level afforded you in Elden Ring.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:46 am I would agree with that. The ability to just ride away and come back later when you were powered up (often overpowered) was a huge help. You can do that to some extent in the other games, but not nearly at the level afforded you in Elden Ring.
It is not at all necessary with Demon's Souls if you are at all competent (I know that is tough qualifier for some). There are only two bosses that present any kind of challenge and really only one of them made me swear (and took more than 3 tries).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:44 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:46 am I would agree with that. The ability to just ride away and come back later when you were powered up (often overpowered) was a huge help. You can do that to some extent in the other games, but not nearly at the level afforded you in Elden Ring.
It is not at all necessary with Demon's Souls if you are at all competent (I know that is tough qualifier for some). There are only two bosses that present any kind of challenge and really only one of them made me swear (and took more than 3 tries).
You finish games that take the rest of us 50 hours in like 4 though.
Covfefe!