Playstation 5

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Re: Playstation 5

Post by Octavious »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:13 pm
Octavious wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:48 pm I'll let you know what I think in 2022. ;)
Look at you, Mr. Optimistic! :D
I'll let you know that I think in 2023! ;)
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:14 pm I swear I signed up for playstation direct, but it is telling me I did not. Maybe it cancelled when I logged into my PS5 the first time, like a year ago. :P

I signed up again, just out of curiosity. I guess I could get another and sell it to one of you if it comes through.
DIBS!! :lol:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:32 pm
coopasonic wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:14 pm I swear I signed up for playstation direct, but it is telling me I did not. Maybe it cancelled when I logged into my PS5 the first time, like a year ago. :P

I signed up again, just out of curiosity. I guess I could get another and sell it to one of you if it comes through.
DIBS!! :lol:
Ha, fair. Pretty sure I owe you at this point.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Amazon just introduced a new tool to fight off bots and scalpers and give you a better chance to finally buy that PS5 or Xbox Series X you’ve been desperately clicking around for. The retailer is now letting shoppers request an invitation to purchase the highly in-demand PS5, with the Xbox Series X set to join the program in the next few days.

In order to participate, simply visit Amazon’s PS5 page and click the “Request Invitation” button. When the retailer’s next drop happens, you’ll get an email invitation that will be valid for 72 hours. Amazon notes that it “won’t be able to grant all requests,” so signing up doesn’t guarantee you’ll get an invite. However, it can’t hurt to take a second to join — especially since you don’t even need to be an Amazon Prime member to request an invite.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oh I got one last week. Got an email... Joined the queue and they freaking mailed it to me the next day. I bought the digital version as I have like no disks left and I don't need disks in my house. :P On the 13th they have the new gamepass thingy which will give me pretty much every game I want to play. :horse: I really want to play Demon Soul's, but I'm not paying 70 bucks when I can just wait another week.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

The new Playstation Plus plans go live today. If Sony's list of classic games in the Premium tier is to be believed then it is impressive and there are a ton more games on it than I thought. Here's a link for the games alphabetically https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/games/

Also, Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky 3 is on the list, which previously the only way to play it was on Steam or by importing it. Hopefully it has English Dubs as it's the one of the few games in that series that I haven't played.
FTE
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'll be curious to see how much it gets updated, but there are a ton of games. I think I saw Returnal in the list which I'll certainly try. That's one of those games that I would want to try, but not pay full price for.

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I’m not as interested in the older classic games but the middle tier of PS Plus has access to a very extensive collection. I’ve always been curious about Death Stranding and they have the PS5 Director’s Cut version. I wonder if PS4 titles which have been optimized for the PS5 are available for download? I don’t see a pressing need to upgrade my subscription tier but I’m willing to be swayed.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I think any of the PS4 and PS5 games can be downloaded, but that's just based on how PS Now worked... So the answer is likely yes, but you have to check first. Both Xbox and PS make figuring out how a game is supported super difficult. Just list the resolution and the max FPS. It would make life so much easier. :P

Death Stranding is a fantastic "game" but it's super weird and I could see why people wouldn't like it. I'm going to jump back into it on the PS5 at some point, but I now have gigantic list of games. :lol: It's a chill game kind of like Snowrunners where you are just going about doing stuff.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:36 am It's a chill game kind of like Snowrunners where you are just going about doing stuff.
I don't recall any god damned invisible terror beasts attacking my truck in Snowrunner.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:30 am
Octavious wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:36 am It's a chill game kind of like Snowrunners where you are just going about doing stuff.
I don't recall any god damned invisible terror beasts attacking my truck in Snowrunner.
Well aside from those parts. The mud is snowrunner is scarier to me. :P

Here's a list of all the games I either already own or want to play. FYI those Dark Pictures game are super underrated. It's like being in a bad horror movie. Until Dawn is fantastic as well and is in the list. The newer ones have co-op built in and it's a super fun movie night game.

Bloodborne (I'll try and fail again to get into this one)
Control: Ultimate Edition (PS5)
Days Gone
Death end re;Quest
Death end re;Quest2
DEATH STRANDING: DIRECTOR'S CUT
DEMON'S SOULS
DISGAEA 5: ALLIANCE OF VENGEANCE
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
Everybody's Golf
GHOST OF TSUSHIMA: DIRECTOR'S CUT (PS5)
Ghostrunner (PS5)
GOD OF WAR
MARVELS SPIDER-MAN MILES MORALES (PS5)
RETURNAL
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
Until Dawn
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
Last edited by Octavious on Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They're unsurprisingly vague as to exactly what the differences are between the various tiers (all of the official descriptions are just marketing speak and headline names.) I'd have to look into it a little deeper to see if I'd want to upgrade.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:33 am They're unsurprisingly vague as to exactly what the differences are between the various tiers (all of the official descriptions are just marketing speak and headline names.) I'd have to look into it a little deeper to see if I'd want to upgrade.
The link Scraper posted is pretty clear once you figure out their presentation style.
Scraper wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:28 am The new Playstation Plus plans go live today. If Sony's list of classic games in the Premium tier is to be believed then it is impressive and there are a ton more games on it than I thought. Here's a link for the games alphabetically https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/games/
There are four different lists:
The PlayStation Plus Collection - everyone with any sub gets this, wait is that tiny list of 19 games what they are calling a library?
The Game Catalog - Extra and Premium get this
The Classics Catalog - Premium gets this
Game Trials - Premium gets this

...and as I went to document what is clearly outlined at that link, I became confused and gave up, so yeah, agreed.
What games can I play with my PlayStation Plus membership plan?
PlayStation Plus Essential members can play the selection of monthly games that are updated at the beginning of every month as well as the entire PlayStation Plus Collection library.

PlayStation Plus Extra members can enjoy all game content from PlayStation Plus Essential, as well as download access to the Game Catalog, which features hundreds of PS4 and PS5 games.

PlayStation Plus Premium members can play all of the games included in the PlayStation Plus Essential and Extra plans, and choose to download or stream anything from the Games Catalog and the Classics Catalog. The PlayStation Plus Premium membership plan also unlocks limited-time access to select top games in the Game Trials library.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Like the old PS+, with Essential you'll still get 2-3 new games each month that you have to claim.

The Extra tier adds an always available catalog of PS4 and PS5 games, similar to the old PS Now. Additional games will be added (and likely removed) monthly.

Premium tier gives access to a catalog of earlier titles, either to stream or download. Oh yeah, and limited trials for a limited number of games.

Deluxe is like Premium, but without streaming for countries without it.

Playstation Plus Collection is a mini catalog of games always available that was introduced for the launch of the PS5.
Last edited by Alefroth on Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I was a PS Now subscriber up until April, and at first glance, the new catalog doesn't seem as strong.

I also wish I could filter out all the classic games from my list. I'm an Extra subscriber, and I'm seeing everything from the Premium tier.
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

Scraper wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:28 am The new Playstation Plus plans go live today. If Sony's list of classic games in the Premium tier is to be believed then it is impressive and there are a ton more games on it than I thought. Here's a link for the games alphabetically https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/games/
I'm pretty excited about this, as I finally managed to snag a PS5 in the latest Walmart drop this month--and it arrived this past weekend. Looking at the available games, I see quite a few I was considering for purchase, so the fact that a yearly subscription costs the same as a couple of new games makes sense to me.

My only decision is whether to go for the extra or premium tier. I don't particularly care to go back and play classic Playstation titles, but it would be nice to have to option to use cloudstreaming to my old PS4 that I'm handing off to my daughter. Plus, the only game that MIGHT get my wife to play is Guardians of the Galaxy, which only seems available on the premium tier.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I have GotG available and I have the Extra tier.
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:11 pm I have GotG available and I have the Extra tier.
Thanks, I guess I looked at it wrong.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

These companies really need to work out better naming conventions and stuff. Xbox isn't any better with all their different pass types. :tjg: And dear god don't even get me started on Nintendo naming conventions. :x

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I signed up for Premier. One nice surprise is that some of the "classic" ps2 titles are upgraded for ps4, which means that you can download them and they upscale. There's about 30 titles that do this currently.
FTE
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I can filter by platform now, but there are still some PS4 titles that I need to upgrade to access. Not sure why. Maybe they are streaming only.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I guess I got grandfathered into Premium as I had a PSNow and PSPlus subscription at the time. I only had a PSPlus because I was taking advantage of their member discount sale.

I'll probably back down to Extra at the end of the month, as I don't have much interest in the classic titles.

So far I'm pretty pleased, though. Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding:DC, and Miles Morales were all very high on my want to play list, and they're all available. I started Ghost of Tsushima last night and having a great time with it.

I'll have to say that in general, I've really fallen in love with my PS5. When I first got it I was seriously questioning my decision, but with my son taking over the Xbox (literally, as in taking it to his room), it's the only console I have available to me. I've always been more of an Xbox guy, but as I've grown accustomed to the PS interface my loyalty has started to swing back the other way.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:13 am I guess I got grandfathered into Premium as I had a PSNow and PSPlus subscription at the time. I only had a PSPlus because I was taking advantage of their member discount sale.

I'll probably back down to Extra at the end of the month, as I don't have much interest in the classic titles.

So far I'm pretty pleased, though. Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding:DC, and Miles Morales were all very high on my want to play list, and they're all available. I started Ghost of Tsushima last night and having a great time with it.

I'll have to say that in general, I've really fallen in love with my PS5. When I first got it I was seriously questioning my decision, but with my son taking over the Xbox (literally, as in taking it to his room), it's the only console I have available to me. I've always been more of an Xbox guy, but as I've grown accustomed to the PS interface my loyalty has started to swing back the other way.
Not to flame the console war debate, but as a guy who has both a Series X with Gamepass and a PS5 (Now with + premium) I can say without a doubt the PS5 has a ton more games that I actually play. Sony's exclusives outshine Microsoft's by a lot. Of course this will change with Bethesda and Blizzard being under Microsoft's control. BUT for right now Sony has them beat in terms of the number of quality exclusive. Heck you didn't even mention Demon Souls in your list, there's also Nioh, God of War, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, etc.
FTE
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The PS5 certainly wins on exclusives at this point. Especially if you have a good gaming PC as almost everything comes out on both now. It's a fantastic consumption device for a lazy person like me who doesn't want to even deal with gfx settings anymore. :lol:

I've been playing Demon's Souls and plan on jumping into Returnal when that's done. Demon Soul's so far is the only game I've played that looks next gen and I've played a lot. The lighting effects on the spells are downright insane. I wish Bluepoint had done the gfx for Elden Ring. While it certainly doesn't look bad it's nothing compared to Demon's Souls.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I put my name in the hat for the Amazon PS5 invitation. Hopefully it will get pulled and I'll be able to get one a PS5.
Covfefe!
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Octavious wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:27 pm The PS5 certainly wins on exclusives at this point. Especially if you have a good gaming PC as almost everything comes out on both now. It's a fantastic consumption device for a lazy person like me who doesn't want to even deal with gfx settings anymore. :lol:

I've been playing Demon's Souls and plan on jumping into Returnal when that's done. Demon Soul's so far is the only game I've played that looks next gen and I've played a lot. The lighting effects on the spells are downright insane. I wish Bluepoint had done the gfx for Elden Ring. While it certainly doesn't look bad it's nothing compared to Demon's Souls.
The new Ratchet and Clank is the only other game I've played that looks truly next gen. But yeah Demon's Souls looks way better than Elden Ring.
Last edited by Scraper on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTE
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

My holding out wasn’t very long at all and I upgraded to PS “Extra”. Downloaded Death Stranding and Guardians of the Galaxy and I’m having the best time with Guardians. The banter is completely drawing me in and I hope they do more Guardians of the Galaxy games in the future.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
naednek

Post by naednek »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:49 pm My holding out wasn’t very long at all and I upgraded to PS “Extra”. Downloaded Death Stranding and Guardians of the Galaxy and I’m having the best time with Guardians. The banter is completely drawing me in and I hope they do more Guardians of the Galaxy games in the future.
ya the back and forth with rocket and starlord is a blast
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm going to load up Death Stranding when I get home. I never came close to beating it on the PC and I didn't know that they updated it for the PS5 to support the haptic feedback. It also has good support for the 3d sound so it may be the perfect platform to play it now.

I tried Returnal for a few minutes last night, but didn't really get past the tutorial area. I was a bit annoyed that it wasn't great at explaining things, but I may also have just been super tired. :P I got stuck in a room not realizing that you had to dash jump. I'm the smartest.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

ugh, I have just totally given up on getting a PS5. Been signed up for Playstation Direct for months...nothing. Signed up for the Amazon notification...nothing. Been looking everywhere I can on retailer sites and in stores...nothing.

Frustrating. :?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:43 pm ugh, I have just totally given up on getting a PS5. Been signed up for Playstation Direct for months...nothing. Signed up for the Amazon notification...nothing. Been looking everywhere I can on retailer sites and in stores...nothing.

Frustrating. :?
Just hold off until the PS6 comes out, then the PS5 will be readily available!!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I signed up for the playstation one twice. The second time I got an email a couple of weeks later. If that's related who knows. I almost didn't buy it, but then knew I would regret it when it's still hard to get 3 years later. :P

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:12 pm I signed up for the playstation one twice. The second time I got an email a couple of weeks later. If that's related who knows. I almost didn't buy it, but then knew I would regret it when it's still hard to get 3 years later. :P
Same here where the second (or perhaps third) time was the charm. I'd just try reregistering once in a while which isn't hard to do.
Black lives matter!

Daveman

Post by Daveman »

We ordered a simple bundle from Walmart (console + Horizon Forbidden West) last night and just received shipping confirmation.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PS5-Console- ... lsrc=aw.ds

Website still shows it's available.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nice! I actually use my Xbox more, but the PS5 has better exclusives by a long shot. I'd highly recommend getting the higher version on if the plus pass to get all the big exclusives. You will have so much to play.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Daveman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:11 pm We ordered a simple bundle from Walmart (console + Horizon Forbidden West) last night and just received shipping confirmation.

THANK YOU!!!

I’ve been trying for nearly 2 years to get one, and I finally was able to order from that link. I don’t need Horizon (already have it), but that extra $50 beats paying double for scalper prices.

:dance:
naednek

Post by naednek »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:30 pm
Daveman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:11 pm We ordered a simple bundle from Walmart (console + Horizon Forbidden West) last night and just received shipping confirmation.

[/quote

THANK YOU!!!

I’ve been trying for nearly 2 years to get one, and I finally was able to order from that link. I don’t need Horizon (already have it), but that extra $50 beats paying double for scalper prices.

:dance:
How much you want to sell me for Horizon :P
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

naednek wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:33 pm How much you want to sell me for Horizon :P
I assume it comes pre-loaded, otherwise I totally would.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:54 pm
naednek wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:33 pm How much you want to sell me for Horizon :P
I assume it comes pre-loaded, otherwise I totally would.
well if that's not the case, let me know. When I bought the Red Dead REdemption 2 it came with a disc
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I actually don't even know if it's the disc version. I didn't bother to check, since I only play DL games these days. Description doesn't mention it, so I assume it's not.

If that changes, I'll let you know.