Are you stimulating?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Stimulus checks are arriving. What are you doing with yours?

Shopping Spree!
2%
Buy big-ticket item
2%
Home improvement
2%
Pay off debt
20%
Vacation
No votes
Bank it!
43%
Give it right back because you already owe taxes
13%
Other (explain yourself)
20%

Total votes: 61

Scuzz

Re: Are you stimulating?

Post by Scuzz »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:37 pm I see California's law requiring a background check to buy ammo was struck down.
A check for a weapon makes sense, ammo to me doesn't.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scuzz wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:31 am
dbt1949 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:37 pm I see California's law requiring a background check to buy ammo was struck down.
It depends on what your goal is. [/R&P]
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Without any mass gatherings for you gun nuts to shoot at, why the concern for large amounts of ammo anyway?
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

In case people want to steal my mask.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Training with Nerf just doesn't translate to real-world experience.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Jeff V wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:12 pm Without any mass gatherings for you gun nuts to shoot at, why the concern for large amounts of ammo anyway?
Obviously the zombie apocolypse caused by the injection of industrial cleaners.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jeff V wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:12 pm Without any mass gatherings for you gun nuts to shoot at, why the concern for large amounts of ammo anyway?
Cook County ammo tax for me. Buy in bulk when you can because you never know when you'll be able to restock.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

My stepson and his wife got a letter from the IRS stating that they would get their money direct deposited to their bank account. Of course it was signed by Trump.
If they could take the time to write them this letter why couldn't they just deposit the money then?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

dbt1949 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:56 pm My stepson and his wife got a letter from the IRS stating that they would get their money direct deposited to their bank account. Of course it was signed by Trump.
If they could take the time to write them this letter why couldn't they just deposit the money then?
I got that letter today (got the direct deposit when I started this thread).

I have things to burn in the fire pit tonight. That letter is going to make a good fire starter.
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scuzz wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:31 am
I thought it made perfect sense.

It's like that idea where each bullet should cost $5,000.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I should be getting my deposit tomorrow according to the website. We shall see... I made sure to check every day as I am sure i would have wanted to set the physical check on fire.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Nothing yet. No info from their website. Im going to try and get an appointment with my bank to go into their closed lobby and actually speak to them and see if it went to my old account and they returned it. I closed that one in 2019 but it was where my money went back in 2018. Saw some lady cashing her paper stimulus check in Walmart yesterday so I know those are out.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

We have put our info from last year's taxes and it keeps telling us our information doesn't match theirs. we've double and triple checked and the information is correct. our concern is last year's address is different from our current and what happens if it's delivered to the previous? there's no number to call or email. waiting patiently but not sure what to do if it doesn't show here soon.
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still nothing. I know I qualify but online shows no info for me. I did find out from the bank that nothing tried to go to my old account. She said the stimulus payments are supposed to be through June. Its getting late in the time frame and I have no ability to call the IRS or anyone and no info online. All I can do is sit. I really need that money to buy some stuff I need for the house and car. Plus July my house insurance is a double payment.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Xmann wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:38 pm We have put our info from last year's taxes and it keeps telling us our information doesn't match theirs. we've double and triple checked and the information is correct. our concern is last year's address is different from our current and what happens if it's delivered to the previous? there's no number to call or email. waiting patiently but not sure what to do if it doesn't show here soon.
I had to enter an older address from three addresses ago in order to get the IRS website to play nice for my friend's payment.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 pm Still nothing. I know I qualify but online shows no info for me. I did find out from the bank that nothing tried to go to my old account. She said the stimulus payments are supposed to be through June. Its getting late in the time frame and I have no ability to call the IRS or anyone and no info online. All I can do is sit. I really need that money to buy some stuff I need for the house and car. Plus July my house insurance is a double payment.
You are on Federal disability, right? SSI or SSDI? And how do you receive those payments?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Brian

Post by Brian »

em2nought wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm
Xmann wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:38 pm We have put our info from last year's taxes and it keeps telling us our information doesn't match theirs. we've double and triple checked and the information is correct. our concern is last year's address is different from our current and what happens if it's delivered to the previous? there's no number to call or email. waiting patiently but not sure what to do if it doesn't show here soon.
I had to enter an older address from three addresses ago in order to get the IRS website to play nice for my friend's payment.
I tried going that route and it immediately says my info doesn't match.
If I put my current address it then allows me to go to the enter banking information page and that's where I get the error about my info not matching which, I can only assume since the website doesn't bother to tell you which particular information doesn't match, is most likely the AGI information as that is the same error that prevented me from filing my taxes electronically this year.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:57 pm
Daehawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 pm Still nothing. I know I qualify but online shows no info for me. I did find out from the bank that nothing tried to go to my old account. She said the stimulus payments are supposed to be through June. Its getting late in the time frame and I have no ability to call the IRS or anyone and no info online. All I can do is sit. I really need that money to buy some stuff I need for the house and car. Plus July my house insurance is a double payment.
You are on Federal disability, right? SSI or SSDI? And how do you receive those payments?
Direct deposit. It specifically says on their site SS Disability that I qualify and to do nothing. Dont use the updater or anything since I have it and direct deposit. Yet nothing so far while others are already getting paper checks by now.

EDIT: I mean the rules say I qualify. Their sites says it has no idea lol.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:11 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:57 pm
Direct deposit. It specifically says on their site SS Disability that I qualify and to do nothing. Dont use the updater or anything since I have it and direct deposit. Yet nothing so far while others are already getting paper checks by now.

EDIT: I mean the rules say I qualify. Their sites says it has no idea lol.
Again, SSI or SSDI? Is your monthly check based on your paychecks prior to disability, or is it just a flat rate because you didn't have enough work history prior to applying?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Brian wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:57 pm
em2nought wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm I had to enter an older address from three addresses ago in order to get the IRS website to play nice for my friend's payment.
If I put my current address it then allows me to go to the enter banking information page and that's where I get the error about my info not matching which, I can only assume since the website doesn't bother to tell you which particular information doesn't match, is most likely the AGI information as that is the same error that prevented me from filing my taxes electronically this year.
Is it possible that your bank merged at some point, and the routing number on your checks isn't the proper routing number anymore? Otherwise I'm out of ideas.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Merging I dont think so.

As to what type Im not fully sure. I think its SSD. Im a DAC. Disabled Adult Child. I draw off my father's SS.
Brian

Post by Brian »

em2nought wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:04 am
Brian wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:57 pm
em2nought wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm I had to enter an older address from three addresses ago in order to get the IRS website to play nice for my friend's payment.
Is it possible that your bank merged at some point, and the routing number on your checks isn't the proper routing number anymore? Otherwise I'm out of ideas.
Nope. No mergers or acquisitions.

I'm sure it's the AGI from my return supposedly not matching what's in the IRS's records but I have no idea how that's possible since I've taken it directly from my return.

Unfortunately, since I can't contact them, I've got no way to verify or correct the information with them.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Got my truck fixed and now I'm getting all my lawnmowers fixed. There goes my stimulus check.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

dbt1949 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:55 pm Got my truck fixed and now I'm getting all my lawnmowers fixed. There goes my stimulus check.
Now they are talking about another one. Let's hope.

Back in February, I was contacted by the mortgage broker we used when we bought our house. At the time, he thought a re-fi could reduce our monthly payment by $300. I told him to proceed, but by the time closing came wound, the savings was negligible. We decided to revisit in September after property tax was paid. Meanwhile, we wee behind on our mortgage payment because of the expected pay-off. He said to mention we are affected by Covid. We aren't, really, but I did and the mortgage company said they would suspend payment for 3 months, no evidence required.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Another one? I haven't even got the first one!

Hmmm wonder if my mortgage place would do anything? I could use the extra since I have no stimulus yet to buy some much needed little items to use around here. My mortgage place does have a form to fill out if Covid has impacted me. I CAN make my payments and I draw the same amount of money as before BUT stuff is costing me more and leaving me with very little to buy what I need and pay other bills. Right now I have $9 in my bank and $7 of that goes for a fee. So $2 for the rest of the month. By the end of the month I have problems. Im wondering if that qualifies since stuff is costing more due to COVID? I dont want to sign up unnecessarily. Also theres no point if I sign up and they let me pass 3 months then want it all on the 4th moth. What would be the point.

EDIT: Also just hit me I have to start paying my full power bill next month. The help ran out. I guess maybe I should write them and explain and just see what they say / do. Dont think it could hurt.
Last edited by Daehawk on Thu May 14, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

The democrats have a bill pending the the elephants say no way.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Daehawk wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:08 pm Another one? I haven't even got the first one!

Hmmm wonder if my mortgage place would do anything? I could use the extra since I have no stimulus yet to buy some much needed little items to use around here. My mortgage place does have a form to fill out if Covid has impacted me. I CAN make my payments and I draw the same amount of money as before BUT stuff is costing me more and leaving me with very little to buy what I need and pay other bills. Right now I have $9 in my bank and $7 of that goes for a fee. So $2 for the rest of the month. By the end of the month I have problems. Im wondering if that qualifies since stuff is costing more due to COVID? I dont want to sign up unnecessarily. Also theres no point if I sign up and they let me pass 3 months then want it all on the 4th moth. What would be the point.

EDIT: Also just hit me I have to start paying my full power bill next month. The help ran out. I guess maybe I should write them and explain and just see what they say / do. Dont think it could hurt.
Definitely ask for help on the power, can't hurt.

As for the mortgage help, can't say for sure, but what I have usually seen is either completely deferred (if they defer you for 3 months, you have 3 months longer until it's paid off). But they either require you to still pay the interest portion, you are just deferring the principle, or they might defer the interest payment, but you are acquiring interest on that interest (which could be anything from all payments being slightly higher, further extending time til you get it paid in full or they might require all the interest when you make the next payment. I don't think I have ever personally had an offer that did not involve me making the interest payments during the dereral period.

Whatever they do though, won't hurt to call and ask?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Last year they had funding left over from the winter heating help fund and I was able to apply in summer and fall. Usually me and my wife and everyone else only gets to apply once in about October. So got lucky. I just called and they dont have any so its fall only. Cant even apply until After August. They did say to try back in a few weeks as they may get some funding for COVID relief...said wouldn't count on it but might. So Ill hold a little hope for that.

But think I will at least write my mortgage place and see. Im not sure if them just having bought my loan and taking it over will affect that or not. I find it typical there is not a big COVID button or any link on their page and you have to search for it in a search box buried at the bottom of a page.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I stimulated the u-pull it parts yard for a score on a driveshaft for $30. That's cheaper than replacing the u-joints. LOL I wonder if Autozone will take the boxed u-joints back and give me some of that ridiculously priced 5 qts of oil for the price of five barrels of oil just a few weeks ago. :roll: I bet Castrol and Valvoline took gov't money and bought oil while the price was low so it will be even more sick when I pay $20 for their five quarts. :doh:
Brian

Post by Brian »

Did some research and found an article (Forbes, I think) that laid out when and how the checks are being mailed out.
It seems they are doing them in batches based on level of income with the lowest earners getting theirs back in April and then each week they move up another income level and mail those out.

With that schedule in place it looks like ours will be mailed out on the 29th.

I'll update accordingly when I have more info.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So me at the lowest is left out for some reason. Weird.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Financially not morally.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Now they are saying if you haven't gotten your stimulus you'll be getting it via a Visa prepaid card. Just great. Id rather have a check I can cash. Now I have to fool with withdrawing that much from an ATM and getting charged a fee to boot.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Daehawk wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:03 pm Now they are saying if you haven't gotten your stimulus you'll be getting it via a Visa prepaid card. Just great. Id rather have a check I can cash. Now I have to fool with withdrawing that much from an ATM and getting charged a fee to boot.
It's good for Visa though!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Supposedly they now have 2500 people you can call to speak to about this but I cant find how to do that. I just called the IRS number and spent 20 minutes with menus and got the same useless shit I see online. I am on disability, I get direct deposit and I dont file so it says Im to do nothing and I will be direct deposited....but thats over and nothing. Online Get My Payment says status unavailable. So I cant get info and have nothing. Damn useless place. The phone stuff just repeats whats online and no one to speak to and no way to get a number to a person to speak to.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

We haven't received anything either. I know they don't have my bank info so I have just been waiting for a check. My sister=in-law just got a check last weekend, so they must still be mailing some out.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scuzz wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 pm We haven't received anything either. I know they don't have my bank info so I have just been waiting for a check. My sister=in-law just got a check last weekend, so they must still be mailing some out.
My parents got a notification of how much they are going to to get two week ago but they didn't got the check. I dunno if they have received one since.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I really need mine. maybe more than I first thought as my little dog's tooth infection(supposedly) isn't clearing up and the swelling is now really red.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Well, I got the check in the mail today, with the Donald's name on it and everything.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Scuzz wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:35 pm Well, I got the check in the mail today, with the Donald's name on it and everything.
BURN IT! Oh, wait, it's a check. Cash it and donate it to the Biden campaign. :mrgreen:
Black Lives Matter