If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Gotham Knights

Post by Smoove_B »

World premiere trailer

Coming in 2021

Gameplay:

Last edited by Smoove_B on Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Re: Gothham Knights

Post by Blackhawk »

Looks sort of like it might be a cooperative Arkham game. That could be fun. The storyline seems inspired by Battle for the Cowl, at least somewhat. Also, Court of Owls/Talons.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

This shows how not up I am on DC spinoffs, but I recognized Robin and Batgirl. Who are the other two?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And with Nightwing and Red Hood in there, that means we got the best Robin, Tim Drake (AKA Red Robin.) I do hope they tweak the costumes a bit. The brown on Red Hood needs to go, and the green trim on Robin is a bit too much.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Thanks!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk might be able to provide better guidance, but if you want to get a quick summary, you can probably benefit from watching 2010's Under the Red Hood.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Looks interesting. I liked the old Batman games, and I like these characters, though I'm more familiar with some than others. Also, I won't get much of the Court of Owls references, as I checked out of that storyline way early.

That said, I'm not sold so much that I'll eventually preorder. Will probably wait and see reviews.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:16 pm And with Nightwing and Red Hood in there, that means we got the best Robin, Tim Drake (AKA Red Robin.)
you're supposed to eat just the curly fries because they're unlimited, then you can doggy bag the burger to eat later
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im disappointed. This is nothing at all like Hollywood Knights. Terrible sequel.

:)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:24 pm Blackhawk might be able to provide better guidance, but if you want to get a quick summary, you can probably benefit from watching 2010's Under the Red Hood.
Short of reading it instead, that's a great film. Young Justice would fill you in on a couple of the others.

Short version of who they are, spoilers if you're going to watch the film:

The original "Holy Cow" Robin (Dick Grayson) grew up and moved on, taking his own identity as Nightwing (Black and blue costume)
Spoiler:
Batman then got a new Robin (Jason Todd) that was a complete flop in the comics due to basically being a Dick Grayson clone, so they let the Joker murder him. Years later he reappears as the Red Hood, part Batman, part Punisher.
Batman then got a new Robin (Tim Drake.) Later on he also takes on his own identity as Red Robin (it isn't clear whether that's already happened in the game.)
Batman's newest Robin is Damian Wayne, his son.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I love NIghtwing and Under the Red Hood.

This looks great for me, nothing terrible here at all.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

As long as we can get a Discowing skin!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:51 pm Looks sort of like it might be a cooperative Arkham game. That could be fun. The storyline seems inspired by Battle for the Cowl, at least somewhat. Also, Court of Owls/Talons.
My 14yo son was interested so I am in for 2 copies.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:04 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:16 pm And with Nightwing and Red Hood in there, that means we got the best Robin, Tim Drake (AKA Red Robin.)
you're supposed to eat just the curly fries because they're unlimited, then you can doggy bag the burger to eat later
I couldn't help but sing yum!. It's been a long while. I was disappointed when the moved from waffle fries to steak fires. Did they move from steak fries to curly fries? in what's been probably a decade since I've been there last? I'm :oops: to admit it but I go to Ruby Tuesday and get the burger and salad bar, eat fries and salad and then take the burger home. I never did that at Red Robin.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So is Red Hood essentially the DCU version of Deadpool? Or vice versa?
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:48 am So is Red Hood essentially the DCU version of Deadpool? Or vice versa?
Erm...in looks? Kinda. Though you could also argue that Red Hood also kinda looks like Deadshot and Dedapool's inspiration Deathstroke.

Enlarge Image

(Deathstroke, Deadshot 2x, Red Hood)

Superheroes can be confusing.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Deathstroke... or WSlade Wilson

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Slade_Wilson_(New_Earth)

And we have Red X while we're at it

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Red_X
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I can't decide if I am happy or sad that I am not comic book geek enough for this conversation. I read all the Gotham based stuff when I was in my teens, back when it was possible to read it all without being independently wealthy. Now? Ain't nobody got that kind of time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Most of my modern knowledge comes from playing video games and watching stuff like Under the Red Hood. I haven't read comics regularly since the 1990s and early 2000s. I stopped when you needed to buy 37 different comic variants to follow a single story line (thanks X-MEN for ruining everything).
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:26 pm I stopped when you needed to buy 37 different comic variants to follow a single story line (thanks X-MEN for ruining everything).
I got off the bus at large at the time as well, though I was never a huge reader anyway. I still read niche stuff for a while after. I didn't buy anything, though. Others would drop stuff on me. Thank you others!

I am, however, a cartoon addict and sometimes you need to cross reference stuff just to get cartoons based in serial (canonical?) realities and you notice things. I never knew Deadpool was pulled out of DC until I knew who Slade was. I never knew who Slade was until Teen Titans had a cartoon I watched years after it was released. You know who wasn't reading Teen Titans in the 80s even if he was reading a bit Dark Knight stuff?
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:13 pm I can't decide if I am happy or sad that I am not comic book geek enough for this conversation. I read all the Gotham based stuff when I was in my teens, back when it was possible to read it all without being independently wealthy. Now? Ain't nobody got that kind of time.
if your local library has hoopla, it may have a tooooon of comics available for online reading for free. it's up to the individual library to decide which components it carries (comics, music, audio books, ebooks, TV episodes, etc).

speaking of local library... i need to see if mine has the 80s Teen Titans collections.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'd say that, theme wise, Red Hood is more like the Batman family's version of the Punisher. Aesthetically, all I can say is that he's a welcome update on the original 'half-Tylenol' design:
Spoiler:

And the Marvel/DC name dance:

Slade Wilson/Wade Wilson was intentional parody. On the other hand, Fawcett Comics had a character named Captain Marvel. DC sued them for copyright infringement on Superman, and later bought the rights, after which they attempted to sell it as 'The Original Captain Marvel', which Marvel then threatened to sue them over as they'd already been publishing a Captain Marvel book. DC backed off and started calling the character by his 'word of power' ("Shazam!") Meanwhile, Captain Marvel eventually became Carol Danvers, a blonde superpowered woman, similar to Supergirl whose name is Kara Danvers.

How much of it is coincidence and how much is intentional nose-tweaking will likely never be known.
Max Peck

Re: Gotham Knights

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It appears that the release date has beem moved up to 21 Oct 2022.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Saw that last trailer. Do not like their version of Harley all all. Yuck.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

This game looks so good. Can't wait to load it up on the ps5 and watch it shine.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

There's a lot of gameplay video out there already, so at least they're not shy about showing off the game before it releases.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:04 pm Gothham Knights
It has been more than two years. Can we get the extra H out of the title now?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Cheerfully corrected!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Enlarge Image

It's up to the sidekicks now...

Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Bit of a mixed result, but I think the top middle one turned out really good.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:clap:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

IGN
When Gotham Knights arrives on consoles on October 21, it will do so with no performance mode and it will run at only 30 FPS.

As spotted by those like Wario64 on Twitter, the news was shared by Gotham Knights executive producer Fleur "Flaoua" Marty in the game's Discord channel
This news follows the announcement of Gotham Knights' Heroic Assault mode, which will be a free four-player co-op mode that will launch on November 29, 2022. Despite there being four heroes - Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing, and Red Hood - Gotham Knights' campaign only supports single-player or two-player co-op. This new mode will give four friends the chance to take on arena-based challenges and see how all four heroes can work together to take down Gotham's criminals.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:26 pm IGN
When Gotham Knights arrives on consoles on October 21, it will do so with no performance mode and it will run at only 30 FPS.

As spotted by those like Wario64 on Twitter, the news was shared by Gotham Knights executive producer Fleur "Flaoua" Marty in the game's Discord channel
This news follows the announcement of Gotham Knights' Heroic Assault mode, which will be a free four-player co-op mode that will launch on November 29, 2022. Despite there being four heroes - Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing, and Red Hood - Gotham Knights' campaign only supports single-player or two-player co-op. This new mode will give four friends the chance to take on arena-based challenges and see how all four heroes can work together to take down Gotham's criminals.
30fps? As a PC gamer that seems borderline unplayable.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

I’m not really a big DC comics fan but for some reason I’m fairly excited about this. I guess I’ve always liked Batgirl since I was a little kid watching the Batman TV show. Is that some gay gene thing, I don’t know? I also like Robin more than I like Batman. I guess I’m just weird LOL.