Whatcha smokin'?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

AWS260

Re: Whatcha smokin'?

Post by AWS260 »

Apparently Kraken is now editing the Boston Globe?

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

AWS260 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:41 pm Apparently Kraken is now editing the Boston Globe?

Editing? Um, yeah, editing. Did you know the Boston Globe is printed on hemp paper? :D
Black Lives Matter
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

These days I only smoke tobacco outside, and usually only when I have the chance to golf. For some reason I really like smoking a dart when on the course, and I can easily put down cigarettes after golf season without really any kind of withdrawal. I used to be a pack a day smoker for years and years... then quit awhile, then vaped.. then quit.. the last 4-5 years I just smoke on the course.

I bought some weed and smoked it now that it's legal (I used to a lot in school) -- it was meh. I prefer to eat it, and I buy edibles - sleep like a baby and have zero anxiety for 24-48 hours on a 10mg THC gummie. Totally worth it.
No.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Well... now that Beelzebub's bok choy has been legal for a while in Ontario and the only legal online retailer is stocking edibles, I asked Mrs. Nym if she wanted to try some edibles for new year's. She'd previously said she'd never smoke it (we've never smoked anything, and both come from mainly anti-smoking families), but might try edibles. She didn't seem too interested at first or at least was skeptical of my seriousness, but was soon worn down. We placed an order for about $60's worth of 80mg's THC across nine chocolates and gummies. (Yes, I realize this is overkill for a first experience lol. It's not for all at once. I'm not going for "actually laugh at an Adam Sandler film" levels of high.) I placed the order in the morning before the sun rose, and having paid $8 for express delivery to ensure we got it by this weekend, it arrived around 9:00 p.m. Delivery is contracted to a regional logistics company. I got text messages to let me know their ETA. When the driver arrived, I went to the lobby to show the young, polite, bespectacled Asian gentleman my I.D., and walked back up to my apartment feeling like a gangster and deviant.

I've documented the products in a spreadsheet and they patiently await our first attempt in a skinny kitchen cupboard we could never find a use for other than my metamucil and boxes of ziploc bags stood vertically. I keep asking Mrs. Nym if tonight's the night, but she's insistent we should probably buy snacks first to be safe.

While advice is certainly welcome, I've done my research and we've carefully planned an initial low dosage. We're interested in both the recreational and medicinal aspects--a few of them have CBD. Additionally, I specifically ordered a couple non-blends/hybrids so I can attempt to contrast the effects of indica and sativa.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Snacks are never a bad idea.

The buzz from edibles comes on slowly and never reaches the intensity of smoked THC, but it does last longer. If you're starting with a minimal dose, you might not even recognize it working. Don't double down if you decide after an hour or so that it didn't work. Instead, take twice as much the next time you try it. If you did your research, you probably know all of that.

As a lifelong enthusiastic smoker, I didn't much like the edibles I tried. In fact, I still have some in the fridge from a year or more ago. Too slow and subtle for me -- I have to eat a lot to feel anything at all, and even then it's like "huh, I guess I'm a little high." I can't offer any practical advice that you haven't already read elsewhere.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I'll be sure to report back. These little astronaut-food-looking packets are plastered with more warnings than retail-grade plutonium.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I've got a source for edibles that only uses whole flower and I believe that lends itself to a better buzz than edibles made from distillate, which is much more common now. By better buzz I mean faster acting, longer acting and stronger. These items are very strong I don't enjoy more than 25 mg. per dose.

My tolerance may be lower or just different than others' but I can easily get overwhelmed by edibles. I become unpleasantly high and the buzz.just.keeeeeps.going.on.and.on.

I bought a fancy oil/butter infuser machine and have been steadily working through my CBD bud backstock from 2019 harvests and making infused MCT oil. I have the plan on making gummies or brownies or something with the oil but mostly we just slug it down by the tablespoon. I keep trying to cram more and more bud into a batch and my latest came out to 72 mg. per tablespoon. That's enough to help with morning stiffness or night time restlessness.

Some believe that a 1:1 ration of CBD to THC is the best medical benefit because the CBD will temper the mental effects of the THC.

It is my opinion that the differences between smoking indica vs. sativa do not translate to edibles. Eating weed is eating weed, taxonomy makes no difference.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Z-Corn wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:32 pm It is my opinion that the differences between smoking indica vs. sativa do not translate to edibles. Eating weed is eating weed, taxonomy makes no difference.
One school of thought says that there is no inherent difference. Because the quality of the high is subjective, it comes down to one's expectations.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Given that almost everything in the edibles section was labelled blend or hybrid, I presume that's common thinking. But I thought it would be fun to try regardless.

I'll be content with however this goes. I found that I didn't really care for the inebriating effects of alcohol and I was fine with it. I still found beers I enjoyed for their other properties. Here though, I'm a little concerned that if I do enjoy/benefit from it but have or develop a high tolerance, it would be unaffordable. But the practical part of me is hoping this could be another tool in combatting Mrs. Nym's anxiety.

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I can set my watch by 10mg of edibles. That blissful drop happens exactly 75 minutes after they've been consumed.

Listen to Kraken regarding your initial experimentation.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I checked the leftover chewables in the fridge. They're 5 mg each. I had to eat three at once before I noticed any effect, and that was subtle. But then, I'm a professional. 8-)
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Hmm...maybe I just need to rethink my notion of 25 mg. being a starting dose, that may just straight up be too much. Now that I think about it I'm not sure where I got that number...

It can be hard to split some of the delectables into doses. How do you split a 100 mg. buckeye into less than 25 mg.?
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Attempt #1 was underwhelming. Mrs. Nym and I shared a 10mg THC/CBD chocolate square (so, 5mg each).

Mrs. Nym reported feeling nothing whatsoever other than some lightheadedness and eventually being sleepy. But the latter may have been coincidental. She appears to have slept pretty soundly... possibly more soundly than usual, but I'll have to ask her when she wakes up.

My own experience is unclear. I kept a log for the first couple hours. I definitely felt something, but how much was coincidental, and how much was the power of suggestion? After about an hour, I started to feel progressively "floaty". A felt a little less focused, and a little more giggly. I would rate my level of presumed inebriation at "1.5 drinks", so not much.

However not long after that I began to feel a warmth and not unpleasant "static" sensation in my legs. I soon began to also feel this in the back of my neck, and then my jaw. Together with the lightheadedness, it was something like that feeling of floating/falling while you're falling asleep, and I don't recall ever experiencing this specific group of sensations under normal circumstances.

At about two hours I'd had a couple bouts of hysterical laughter to the point of tears over things that weren't that funny. The kind of laughter you only experience a couple times a year--hard to manufacture. And my mind would definitely wander. The thoughts would all be there; I never found my ability to speak or write was impaired. But from time to time it's like everything went "on pause". It was hard not to shift to another topic as I struggled to regain the original thought. I felt as if I was interrupting my own stream of consciousness.

Beyond that I kind of lost track. I became distracted, and didn't notice anything other than ongoing drowsiness and dizziness. But, I was kind of sleepy to begin with, and find that I also experience routine dizziness due to my depression medication. About six hours in I was struck with moderate nausea... eating something helped a bit, but the feeling remained for a while. Again, no idea if it was related.

Real or imagined? I'm skeptical about some of it, but I definitely felt something. Next time we'll try 10mg.

Also, chocolate's fucking hard to smoke. It gets all melty and drips out the end of the rolling paper....

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

10mg (THC only this time) didn't really seem to do much either. Or at least, not as much as we were expecting? Some definite giggliness on both out parts (I had chocolate, she had a gummy), but Mrs. Nym didn't report anything else. I definitely had a lack of focus/wandering mind as well as at one point severe sleepiness and dizziness... I was on the couch and I felt like there were an anvil on my chest keeping me from getting up. Well... it wasn't unpleasant if I was just sitting there. But getting up seemed impossible. However, I hadn't slept in nearly 24 hours and had had a really topsy-turvy week on my night shift schedule, so combined with having some unrelated back and leg issues right now, I can't tell what was caused by the cannabis. :?

I'd like to try some method of inhalation to compare, but I don't know if I can get Mrs. Nym on board with that. I've read about how edibles cause a "body high" rather than a "head high", and how potentially 20% of people feel very little effect from them at all. But as first time users I was really expecting something more from 10mg. It wasn't super expensive at $4-6 CAD per dose (I mean, compared to an alcoholic beverage or something), but I have a hard time considering paying double or more for the experience.

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Eating fatty food before ingesting an edible can help strengthen the effects. I like bacon for breakfast on a Saturday then a 25 mg. dose and trying to pry my eyelids up enough to watch TV the rest of the day until 5:00 PM when it's time to drink.

Some people lack an enzyme in their liver that processes THC. They can eat grams and have no reaction. That would suuuck...
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I think there's never a point in the day when I haven't recently consumed fatty food, so I should be covered there. :lol:

We both tried again last night, 10mg again. Similar effects to last time. Floaty feeling. Moderate increase in giggliness and ease of amusement. Mild trouble focusing. I did my taxes (and the figures still look good today), so it couldn't have been that strong. :mrgreen: Mrs. Nym thinks her dose which included CBD might have helped with her cramps, but not to an amazing extent. Regardless, I think we've found a baseline. It's just not a notable one. People get hooked on this/enjoy this feeling enough that there's a culture surrounding it? Again, I know edibles highs are different than inhalation... but I'm definitely not blown away.

I figure I'll try 20mg next time, and then depending on the results it will be time to take a hard look at financial viability and whether we want to try other preparations, if we don't decide to end the experiment altogether.

I'm now fully expecting them to legalize cocaine and for me to discover it's about as intense as a double espresso.

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Tried a really great strain last night, Kerosene Cream. It's a sativa dominate strain and boy was that obvious.

Very strongly uplifting, it had my wife and I just cracking UP at each other's jokes and comments. Sharp diesel flavor that lingered on the middle of my tongue and then faded to a really unique saltiness at the tip of my tongue. It made for a fun Friday night. Ended up falling asleep on the couch for a few hours sitting up and when I woke up my glasses were on the floor... :lol:

Actually checking out a dispo this afternoon. There's a place having a grand opening and everything in the store is 40% off. It's still a bit expensive but combining the sale with reduced tax a med card gives you makes it worth checking out.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Let the record show that Sudy is someone who gets high and does their taxes.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Z-Corn wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:41 pm Tried a really great strain last night, Kerosene Cream. It's a sativa dominate strain and boy was that obvious.
Since interstate commerce is still a strong no-no, cannabis is a boutique market. I can't buy your strains and you can't buy mine. When I stocked up last November I bought 1/4 each of Wedding Pie and Sweet Tooth. They're both delicious and both sativas so the difference is subtle. I'd say Wedding Pie is more cerebral and Sweet Tooth is more giggly. WP has the better flavor but there is room in my head for both.

I'm running low and need to hit the store again this month. If they still have both of those, I'll buy them again.

"Kerosene Cream" does not sound like it would taste good, btw. :)
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Kraken wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:45 am "Kerosene Cream" does not sound like it would taste good, btw. :)
Oh it's totally right up my alley. I love the chem-fuel-glue-tennis ball tasting stuff.

Last night I grabbed a quarter of Goji OG which is a strain I've wanted to try for a while, it's from a well-respected breeder. Also grabbed a quarter of Queso Perro, which I know nothing about, but I am also a big fan of the cheese strains.

Tried the Queso Perro. It was...OK. I think both strains will benefit from a couple weeks curing time in glass with humidity packs.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I combined a couple edibles into a 20mg dose last night. Well, there's definitely no questioning it has an effect. But that effect seems to be limited to sustained lightheadedness, delayed response, and momentary forgetfulness. I'm still experiencing diminished lightheadedness 12+ hours later, unless that's unrelated.

Now the question is whether to continue or abandon the experiment. I'm curious to try inhalation, but I doubt I'll get Mrs. Nym on board with that. Otherwise, much as with alcohol, I don't particularly enjoy the effects of edible cannabis inebriation so far.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Well... after edibles were mostly a failure, I decided to give it one more go and try inhalation. I wasn't too keen smoking, even though that's the classic and cheapest method. Mrs. Nym seemed good with letting me try vaping though. So I picked up a vape battery and an oil cartridge of a strain called Trainwreck. This may have been my first mistake. It's what the enthusiasts on Reddit were recommending as the best bang for your buck on the Ontario Cannabis Store's website. Sounds ideal for a first-timer, right?

Well, I got the vape unit charged up... read the instructions, watched a couple videos. The instructions online for proper vaping technique are... unclear at best. Most articles focus on nicotine juice or dried cannabis leaves as opposed to oils. But I probably just didn't google deep enough. I took a couple of sets of what I imagine are "small" draws spaced out over half an hour but felt hardly any effect other than some mild dizziness. It tasted like a lightly burning pine forest (which jibes with the description of the strain). I figured I'd give it one final try... after reading some more, I did a deep draw (4-5 seconds) and tried to hold it for several more (something which allegedly isn't necessary, but one post recommended), but had to let it out when my lungs began to hurt. This gave me my first coughing fit and a considerable burning sensation in my lungs that didn't subside for a couple hours (it's almost back to normal now, but I hope I didn't do any serious damage).

I think I'd gone for a walk to the kitchen to try to calm the coughing, and it hit me. Like a freight train. Within 5 minutes of that last hit, my vision was strobing mildly. As it developed, it was impossible to focus on more than one task at a time, and even that was extremely difficult. I had some of the experiences I'd seen in movies but had never been able to relate to; Not knowing whether I'd said something out loud or only thought it. Having anxiety about being unable to control what I said. Perspectives that shifted every several seconds between active control, and what felt like viewing myself from a detached perspective, several seconds in the past. There were definitely a couple of laughing fits, one of which nearly caused me to choke on a stick of garlic bread.... this somehow made the situation even more hilarious. I just couldn't shut up and had great difficulty limiting my volume, which began to drive Mrs. Nym crazy. I begged her to be patient with me as I just couldn't control it. She sent me to lie down, where I began recording my ramblings on my phone for science.

I somehow made my way through dinner. Every progression of events was so difficult... just managing the various actions to pour a cup of mineral water. But I found that when I let go, it was still me in control. My thoughts and reactions were just greatly impaired and intensified. I tried to watch a John Michael Godier astronomy video on Youtube, but it was just too hard to focus. I'd forget the topic and not understand the context for what was being said. I tried to chill out with some vaporwave tunes, but it just sent me into a disturbed slumber.

I have the video and a sheet of notes to reflect on later. I imagine most of it will be quite embarrassing and less illuminating than it felt it would be at the time, but should still be interesting. Overall, I'm neutral on the experience. It was waaaaay more intense than I wanted it to be for my first time, and navigating this was extremely stressful. But I can see how something about half that potency could have been pleasurable. Around the 2-3 hour mark I came back down to Earth and it was OK. No more time perception issues, which was the most disorienting part of the experience. Nearly nine hours later I still have moderate dizziness and it's taking a fair bit of effort to type this, but it's only an echo of what it was.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Glad you got a chance to see what effect it could really have. Now it's just down to finding out which dose is best for you.

I'm curious what edibles you are getting that even 20mg doesn't have an effect. I have these, and even cutting one in half is more intense than I desire-

https://iron-menu.2020-solutions.com/st ... rtar-100mg
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

There are a lot of variables with a vape pen but it really helps if you can get a battery that has adjustable voltage.

If you can start really low, around 2.0-2.2 volts it will hit much easier on your lungs. I don't smoke many carts but I never go higher than 2.4 volts. A lot of the cheap batteries start at 3.2 volts and that is just way too much IMHO.

Plus, most of the cartridges are junk. Unless you spend decent money for live rosin (not resin, it's not the same thing!) carts you are most likely smoking distillate flavored with terpenes. They distill all the THC out of cannabis and take all the soul out of it and then reinject (sometimes) non-cannabis derived terpenes back into the mix for flavor.

Live rosin carts generally cost twice as much as distillate carts and are usually sold in half-gram carts vs. full-gram carts for distillate. This is to preserve freshness and flavor as well as keep retail cost down.
Last edited by Z-Corn on Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trainwreck is a sativa. Its the energetic 'up' strain. Its also strong...as you noticed. Indica strains are the ones that relax you and sit you on the comfy couch to chill.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Daehawk is 100% correct in his statements.

BUT, this is my point...when using distillate strain types do not matter. It's JUST THC at that point. Not Trainwreck, not indica and not sativa. All the soul of the plant is gone.

Real-deal Trainwreck is niiice. It's an old Humboldt County strain, for years very tightly held and kept away from growers outside that community. Clone only, never made into seeds. Super racy sativa. The kind I like. Smoke a half joint on Friday night and wake up Saturday morning with a scrubbed kitchen floor and all your shower heads are soaking in vinegar. Like meth but from the earf...
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

3.2 V is too much? This one starts at 3.4 and goes up to 3.7 and 4.0. :lol: I took the first and last draws at 3.7, and the rest at 3.4.

It's definitely distillate, but seems to be well regarded by the community. Though I presume said community is comprised primarily of people who went to get as high as they can for as cheap as possible. They have some resin cartridges available, but very few. Sounds like they're the only thing worth trying if you want a more nuanced experience though, so I'll consider that next, if there's to be a next. Looks like they start around $45 CAD for 0.5g, where distillate looks to start around $30 (mine was $35). Oops... resin, not rosin. Nevermind.

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Now you have to find a lower voltage battery to test it!

They are cheap enough. I had to buy a new one for my wife because she likes to keep a CBD cart by the bed to puff on before she falls asleep.

I got a non-adjustable that was 3.4 volts for like $10 and then I went to another store to get the 2.2-4.0 volt battery and it was only $15 or so.

Resin is made my washing the trichomes off the bud with a solvent, often butane. The resulting oil needs to be purged of the solvent and that's when people's houses blow up. I am of the belief that the solvent is never completely purged.

Rosin is made by squishing the frozen bud in a heated hydraulic press and just the sweet sweet bud oil flows out. It's basically just concentrating the whole plant essence vs. just washing off the THC bearing parts of the plant.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Show a video once of a guy that packed a clear giant tube with weed then used butane to get the stuff out of it. Looked like it would kill you. Supposedly very potent.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Tried the distillate vape again today. Definitely didn't go too far this time, but the problem is I don't know if I went far enough. And I don't really want to push into the former territory to find the latter. It seems like some of the draws just work better than others. I feel like if I breathe in fully and deeply I get an immediate headrush, and am really affected by that draw. But it's actually difficult to coordinate, and I can't rule out that maybe the oil just isn't flowing properly at other times, or I'm doing something else wrong.

I watched Men in Black: International, hoping that the cannabis experience might elevate it from its mediocre reviews. It did not.

I wouldn't say I'm starving, but eating does seem like a constantly good idea. Definitely have elements of tunnel focus and mild confusion/delayed thoughts (though nothing like before). I came out to my desk twice to grab a fork I left there, but each time I became distracted and left without it.

So while accepting that vaping distillate isn't the full experience, I intend to continue experimenting with it for at least as long as this cart lasts me. But as with alcohol, I still find myself confronted with this question: Do I actually like feeling this way? Does it add to my experiences? My answer is still somewhere between no and I don't know. There's a lingering attraction, but for now that seems to be more to the novelty, experimentation, and ritual rather than the experience itself.

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Why is it again you don't want to try bud? Is it that you just don't want to combust?

Because they make dry-herb vapes that work really well...
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Right. Yeah, that's probably what I'd consider if I had figurative money to burn, pun intended.

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I use edibles frequently, but mostly to ensure I have a good night sleep and it reduces anxiety as a "hangover" effect for about 24 hours I find.

I'm somewhere in the 20-25mg range, usually an indica edible to get to sleep fast. Otherwise I have some nerds candy in a hybrid strain that I eat when I don't want couch lock -- it's a good way to dose too, easy to get your buzz on to the level you want.
No.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Please let me know if these AARs are annoying... for lifetime users, I'm sure reading what a newbie thinks about accidentally breathing in too much distillate is only amusing for so long.

I overdid it again on only two draws, but it wasn't nearly as frightening this time as I knew what to expect. The mistake may have been in turning on Hardcore Henry, a film shot in first-person perspective. One reviewer stated,
"This first-person-shooter extravaganza has little purpose besides showing what happens when a GoPro is strapped to a series of stuntmen as they run through their repertoire of extraordinary action moves."
Now, I've rarely been one to be susceptible to motion sickness, but I started to feel very nauseous very quickly. However, I can't be certain if it was the THC on its own, the movie on its own, or entirely coincidental. I had to go lie down. I felt a little better there, but even as I relaxed my mind felt like a roller coaster. Closing my eyes was like being spun around in Times Square. But it wasn't greatly unpleasant... just exhausting. There are definite parallels to fever dreams here.

I find the focus elements to be fascinating. I again found my mind wandering off very easily but very intensely, and I'd lose perception of self and time. But when I was able to consciously focus, my attention to what I was doing was 110%. It took all my energy to deny other thoughts that came along and tried to take control however. When I did lose control, it was like I was spun off, conversing with my thoughts as if they were coming from a different individual, or watching my life play out as the scenes of a film.

After about 1.5 hours of rest (I think I fell into a true sleep at the end), the effects had again greatly waned but left me with lingering dizziness, response delay, and hunger as before. (Though perhaps the hunger was coincidental.)

Z-Corn wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:24 pm Plus, most of the cartridges are junk. Unless you spend decent money for live rosin (not resin, it's not the same thing!) carts you are most likely smoking distillate flavored with terpenes. They distill all the THC out of cannabis and take all the soul out of it and then reinject (sometimes) non-cannabis derived terpenes back into the mix for flavor.
OCS.ca does sell some so-called "full spectrum vape" (FSO--full spectrum oil) 510 thread cartridges, do you know anything about those? Just a marketing gimmick? It looks like they're still distillates and they don't appear to cost any more, but most mention being whole bud extracts, and preserving the original terpenes and cannabinoids. But some of them still mention hydrocarbon and ethanol extraction methods.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Sudy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:29 am Please let me know if these AARs are annoying... for lifetime users, I'm sure reading what a newbie thinks about accidentally breathing in too much distillate is only amusing for so long.
I'm interested in watching you try every form and delivery vehicle except smoking a well-cured bud, which is really my only experience. Before you give up on cannabis entirely (which is where this seems to be going), I hope you'll try smoking some bud, as god clearly intended when he gave us lungs. Just so you can get the standard experience that humans have enjoyed for millennia and form a proper conclusion.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Kraken wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 am I'm interested in watching you try every form and delivery vehicle except smoking a well-cured bud....

Look, I'm not getting trepanned no matter how good of a delivery mechanism they say it is.

I hope you'll try smoking some bud, as god clearly intended when he gave us lungs.
I'm willing to get a pre-roll or two and try it once, but I'd have to drag a chair out to the balcony. :P If I were to try just one, is there any in particular you'd recommend? I'm limited to OCS.ca (this site is legal to access in Ontario, I have no idea about elsewhere). There appear to be well over a hundred options, and I don't assume anyone here is going to be familiar with the growers if they're outside Ontario/Canada, but perhaps you can point me in the right direction strain-wise.

Serious question though, are these experiences I'm describing average? And are they what some users seek, or am I definitely taking too much?

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Sudy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:30 am
Kraken wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 am I'm interested in watching you try every form and delivery vehicle except smoking a well-cured bud....

Look, I'm not getting trepanned no matter how good of a delivery mechanism they say it is.

I hope you'll try smoking some bud, as god clearly intended when he gave us lungs.
I'm willing to get a pre-roll or two and try it once, but I'd have to drag a chair out to the balcony. :P If I were to try just one, is there any in particular you'd recommend? I'm limited to OCS.ca (this site is legal to access in Ontario, I have no idea about elsewhere). There appear to be well over a hundred options, and I don't assume anyone here is going to be familiar with the growers if they're outside Ontario/Canada, but perhaps you can point me in the right direction strain-wise.

Serious question though, are these experiences I'm describing average? And are they what some users seek, or am I definitely taking too much?
I sorted by these filters: THC 0-20%, THC+, Blend, and Pre-Rolls. It returned 3 results -- The Batch, Blend19, and No.407 Sapphire Daze. Of those, I'd recommend The Batch for you, as it has the lowest THC% and price. You can get deep in the weeds (heh) about the merits of sativa vs. indica, flavor, and other considerations, but that looks like a good middle-of-the-road choice to me.

It's been nearly 50 years since I started smoking and weed has changed a lot since then, so I don't know what an average experience is for a newbie these days. I have fond memories of uncontrollable laughter, intense concentration, intellectual stimulation, and eating two Whoppers in a sitting. :)
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Sudy, I like your AARs, they remind me of when I was 14!

A preroll would be convenient but they don't use the best quality bud for those. Could you maybe buy a gram of bud and a small pipe? Or even a rolling machine is cheap, I think I pay $4 or so for them for my Wife. I order them from Amazon. Add another couple bucks for a pack of papers and you are good to go.

As far as the vape carts go, feel free to show me a specific couple and I will gladly look them over and give you my opinion. I took a look but there is a staggering amount of inventory on that site.

Do you have a brick and mortar that you go to or do you have to order on-line for delivery?
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Yeah, I was being responsible at 14 so I guess this is the appropriate thing to be doing now as an adult. :lol:

They have a specific section for "full spectrum vapes" and I was just poking around at random.
When it comes to terpenes, more is more. This collection is full of carts that preserve the terpenes and cannabinoids of the original strain with no additives. If you’re looking for a true-to-flower experience without the flower, this is the place for you.

Picking from low and high ends of the scale, price-wise:

PURE SUNFARMS - Afghan Kush
Pure Sunfarms’ vape cartridges are filled with full-spectrum, single-strain, whole bud extracts - and nothing else. Just pure BC cannabis, providing smooth, clean flavour with every pull. Afghan Kush is an indica-dominant heirloom which offers flavours of white musk (myrcene), sandalwood and red peppercorns (caryophyllene), and wild mountain strawberries (linalool), carefully preserved in the terpene-rich extract. Fitted with a ceramic mouthpiece, and featuring a glass tank and ceramic heating coil, every component of Pure Sunfarms’ cartridges is thoroughly tested for quality and safety.
PHYTO - Mandarin C CO2 Terp Sauce
Mandarin Cookies CO2 Terp Sauce (also referred to as HTFSE) is a full spectrum oil cartridge made using CO2 extraction of the sativa dominant hybrid strain: Mandarin Cookies. The high terpene content comes from a careful subcritical CO2 extraction. The cannabinoids are then extracted using a supercritical CO2 extraction. The high quality terpenes offer a flavour and aroma of smoky spice, citrus and pine. This product is 100% cannabis derived, with no additives or carrier oils.

Only interested in using online for now (especially as we're still in heavy lockdown around here), and OCS.ca is the only legal option in Ontario.

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

That Mandarin Cookies cart is probably pretty nice but, as you see, you pay the price for better quality.

That bud was grown indoors vs. in a greenhouse like the Kush was. It was hang dried vs. rack dried like the Kush was. And it was hand trimmed vs. machine trimmed like the Kush was. So much better buds going in with the Manarin Cookies. Also CO2 extraction is better than ethanol extraction but ethanol extraction is way better than butane extraction.

The HTFSE makes for better quality too if you are looking for terpenes vs. raw THC extraction:

https://weedmaps.com/learn/dictionary/h ... ract-htfse