Matrix/Slitherine games

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

dbt1949

Matrix/Slitherine games

Post by dbt1949 »

Right now Matrix/Slitherine games is having one hell of a sale on their games. So if you're a wargamer check them out.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LordMortis

Re: Matrix/Slitherine games

Post by LordMortis »

Made me jump to see if I wanted shadow empire $32 is still to rich for my blood for my Slitherine past purchases.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 -50% $39.99 $19.99
On January 20th Campaign Series: Vietnam will land on Matrix and Slitherine's websites.

To celebrate its arrival, we've decided to offer you the possibility to buy the first Campaign Series game, Campaign Series: Middle East 1948 - 1985 at 50% off.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I put an awful lot of time on the three earlier Campaign Series games (East Front, West Front and Rising Sun) but I didn't bother with Middle East as I figured I'm probably not interested in that genre anymore. Still, maybe... :think:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

In a couple of days they're coming out with a Vietnam version. $40.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:03 pm Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 -50% $39.99 $19.99
On January 20th Campaign Series: Vietnam will land on Matrix and Slitherine's websites.

To celebrate its arrival, we've decided to offer you the possibility to buy the first Campaign Series game, Campaign Series: Middle East 1948 - 1985 at 50% off.
After seeing this I tried to install and run the old Campaign Series game (East Front/West Front/Rising Sun), but it isn't playing nice on my rig. Honestly it doesn't really matter to me, but I wonder if Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 runs OK on a modern Win10 rig. Anyone have insight on this?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I bought it and ran through the first tutorial without issue.

And they have a consolidated John Tiller's Campaign Series that I put on my wishlist in hopes of a sale.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:11 pm I bought it and ran through the first tutorial without issue.
That's good to know, thank for the quick response.
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:11 pmAnd they have a consolidated John Tiller's Campaign Series that I put on my wishlist in hopes of a sale.
That's the version I have. It says it runs on Win10, but it won't start for me. There was something on their website about problems with Nvidia cards and possible workarounds but it's old ground for me so I decided to not spend time on it right now. Still, if you do get that version please post any issues and workarounds.

As I said, that collection is old ground for me, I had the original separate boxed games back when they first released and played them a lot. Very nicely done series.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Glad to help.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This might be of interest:

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Oh, I got the old Campaign Series to work by downloading and installing vcredist_x86.exe, the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package for x86 machines, even though my rig is a 64-bit machine. Well, East Front and West Front work, Rising Sun hangs, but it was enough to remind me that these old games don't look very good on new rigs, nor scale up to big, high res displays :roll:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:30 pm This might be of interest:
Seeing as it comes out tomorrow, definitely. :wink:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »