Games Played 2021. Now with experimental title and tabletop!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

Re: Games Played 2021. Now with experimental title and tabletop!

Post by Kasey Chang »

Project Wingman is a clear attempt to emulate the "feel" of Ace Combat, albeit with a totally bonkers world that has railguns, supernukes loaded with "cordium", and a world that really makes no f***ing sense.

I highly recommend Max0r's Project Wingman Reviews | Nuclear Places | Defeat the Antichrist It gave me a few good chuckles.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, the world was supposedly devastated a few thousand years ago. But the aircraft are all recognizable from modern real-world armed forces.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

58 games completed in 2021. A number I'm unlikely to ever match again. Thanks COVID!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I have finished remarkably few games this year. But at the same time, my 'abandoned' games list has been huge. To be honest, I think the situation in the world has my stress level up, which has my patience and frustration tolerance at an all-time low.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:40 pm I have finished remarkably few games this year. But at the same time, my 'abandoned' games list has been huge.
Heh. I'm going to pretend that I'm not in the same boat. :D

Instead of abandoned games, I have games that are still in progress...

My numbers would be helped if I'd stayed away from time sinks like Fallout 4 and Skyrim (granted, in VR), and, now, XCOM 2 Long War of the Chosen.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:41 pm My numbers would be helped if I'd stayed away from time sinks like Fallout 4 and Skyrim (granted, in VR), and, now, XCOM 2 Long War of the Chosen.
I generally limit myself to one game at a time that falls into the 'long' category. That would include open world games, long RPGs, that sort of thing. For one thing, playing multiples like that tends to mean you don't have many 'free' slots in your schedule for games that you suddenly feel the urge for, and for another, getting into one for a while means that you might go a month or two without touching the other. And those kinds of games tend to be complex enough that it's hard to jump back in when they're not fresh in your mind (this is why I've played the first third of Witcher 3 several times, but have never seen the second half. I'd get distracted, come back, and discover that I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing, how the mechanics worked, or what my build plan was.'

So one long game, and one 'open ended' game.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

TheMix wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:41 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:40 pm I have finished remarkably few games this year. But at the same time, my 'abandoned' games list has been huge.
Heh. I'm going to pretend that I'm not in the same boat. :D

Instead of abandoned games, I have games that are still in progress...

My numbers would be helped if I'd stayed away from time sinks like Fallout 4 and Skyrim (granted, in VR), and, now, XCOM 2 Long War of the Chosen.
I gave up and finally added this to my page-1 post: "The big fail is not that the list above is short, or made up of short games. That's normal for me. It's not that I've edited this post over 60 times, because hopefully you know by now that I'm clinically OCD and that explains a lot. The big fail is that after COVID boosted my playing in 2020, this year I was crippled by selling, buying, and renovating a house in the crazy, crazy housing market of 2021. It has taken eight months, half my equity, and all $80k of proceeds I netted on my sale. As a result, it looks like I'm heading into 2022 with Obduction, The Talos Principle, Max Payne 3, Remember Me, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic still all unfinished after a third restart each."
I have but one advocate.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I spent the last three months spending way too much time on the World of Warships treadmill.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I very much try to play one game at a time, start to finish, with an exception for anything I am playing co-op with my kids. I've been bouncing around for the past month or so because I ran out of "must play" games (and also after hitting my 52 games for the year goal).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I don't have that kind of devotion. I have issues committing to a particular task for more than 20 minutes at a time. And it just so happens that every match is over in 20 minutes or less.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I am exactly the opposite. I will easily spend 12-14 hours on the PC on a non working day if I don't force myself to take a break. This leads to finishing some meaty games in a pretty short period of time. When Diablo 2 first came out, I am pretty sure I finished the first pass through the campaign in one sitting. Ah, to be young again.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

I find myself wishing for a save-and-quit option halfway through round two of a fighting game.
I have but one advocate.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I used to be like that. I just don't have that kind of focus anymore. I get distracted and wander off, play a 40 hour game in 30 minute sessions, then end up bored before the three months it's taking to finish it.

I really need to address the impact of all of the stress from the last few years on my mind. The rest of this is just symptoms.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:02 pm I spent the last three months spending way too much time on the World of Warships treadmill.
I'm back on it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Poor bastard.

I mean, Fair Winds and Following Seas!

I'm going to try and break the habit this month and get back to something I can actually finish.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

:lol:

I'm doing about three battles a day and I think I can sustain that and still play games that have an end.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I can't believe it's time for a new thread already.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Thank you faithful hardworking thread! Now you can sink into restful obscurity.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?