Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek X

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek X

Post by Isgrimnur »

1915 was intended.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 pm 1915 was intended.
Gotcha. Sorry about the tiny font. Since I still had it up, checked los and you don’t have it - the building is h1, and so are the elementals. You’re going to need horizontal los.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Are there any special rules for shooting at elementals? IIRC when you shoot at infantry they take half damage except from "explodey" missile type weapons. Is that true for elementals too?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

How is 2015?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 pm How is 2015?
Nope. Defender chooses no los. You options look like 2214, 1715, 1614, 1613, 1514, 1512. I assume you don’t want to bog down in 1513.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 pm Are there any special rules for shooting at elementals? IIRC when you shoot at infantry they take half damage except from "explodey" missile type weapons. Is that true for elementals too?

I’ll take a look in a couple of hours when I have access to the rule book. I think it’s full damage but harder to hit.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also, what's the deal with the elementals and the HQ? Is it the kind of thing where if the elementals aren't killed within one or two turns then the HQ is eliminated? Or is it like there's a percentage chance of the HQ defenders fighting off the elementals linked to the health of the elementals? Or is it just that the elementals are firing at the building from the outside?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:29 pm1715
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:31 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 pm Are there any special rules for shooting at elementals? IIRC when you shoot at infantry they take half damage except from "explodey" missile type weapons. Is that true for elementals too?

I’ll take a look in a couple of hours when I have access to the rule book. I think it’s full damage but harder to hit.
Elementals take full damage from all weapons. IIRC they have 10 armour and 1 HP per guy.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:34 pm Also, what's the deal with the elementals and the HQ? Is it the kind of thing where if the elementals aren't killed within one or two turns then the HQ is eliminated? Or is it like there's a percentage chance of the HQ defenders fighting off the elementals linked to the health of the elementals? Or is it just that the elementals are firing at the building from the outside?
Mechanically speaking, they can go into the building and then there's a good chance you won't be able to kill them without destroying the building. At that point, you'll need destroy or cripple the Loki to tie, and be in better shape (meaning, percentage wise, have more combat-effective units left when we call the match) than the rest of the opfor to win.

Leraje is correct re: damage vs battle armor.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Leraje wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Elementals take full damage from all weapons. IIRC they have 10 armour and 1 HP per guy.
With those “explodey” weapons like LRMs, is there splash damage or are they considered spread out enough to avoid having multiple units being caught in a barrage?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:11 am

With those “explodey” weapons like LRMs, is there splash damage or are they considered spread out enough to avoid having multiple units being caught in a barrage?
Nope, battle armor just takes normal damage as if it was a mech. The only exception being artillery hits, but we don't have any of that on the field.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:28 am
$iljanus wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:11 am

Nope, battle armor just takes normal damage as if it was a mech. The only exception being artillery hits, but we don't have any of that on the field.
I miss our artillery friends. :(
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'll torso twist to the right and fire both PPCs and the Gauss at the elementals in 1917. Will leave me at 9 heat, so I'll need to ease up on firing next round.

Are the icons right in that there are four elementals in that group?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:57 am Are the icons right in that there are four elementals in that group?
Nope, there's 5. One of them has taken an MG hit, so I think they've got a total of 49 HP.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:05 pm
El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:57 am Are the icons right in that there are four elementals in that group?
Nope, there's 5. One of them has taken an MG hit, so I think they've got a total of 49 HP.
I imagine that they still function as individuals within that space, right? Like if I hit an elemental with the Gauss cannon and they take 15 damage, the armor goes down to zero, the guy takes 1 hit (and dies), and then I assume the excess four damage is wasted? It's not like that four damage would be assigned to another elemental in that space, right?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:05 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:34 pm Also, what's the deal with the elementals and the HQ? Is it the kind of thing where if the elementals aren't killed within one or two turns then the HQ is eliminated? Or is it like there's a percentage chance of the HQ defenders fighting off the elementals linked to the health of the elementals? Or is it just that the elementals are firing at the building from the outside?
Mechanically speaking, they can go into the building and then there's a good chance you won't be able to kill them without destroying the building. At that point, you'll need destroy or cripple the Loki to tie, and be in better shape (meaning, percentage wise, have more combat-effective units left when we call the match) than the rest of the opfor to win.

Leraje is correct re: damage vs battle armor.
Also on this, is there a difference between 1 and 5 elementals getting into the building? Like, if we're able to kill four out of 5 this turn, but the remaining guy gets in, do we need to try to kill him inside the building? Or is there any way for like the defenders of the HQ to fight off the last guy or something?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:10 pm
I imagine that they still function as individuals within that space, right? Like if I hit an elemental with the Gauss cannon and they take 15 damage, the armor goes down to zero, the guy takes 1 hit (and dies), and then I assume the excess four damage is wasted? It's not like that four damage would be assigned to another elemental in that space, right?
Correct, overkill damage is wasted.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 pm
What if I use Matrix or Wanted style bullet time to curve the gauss round into a second elemental after it destroys the first?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:44 pm
What if I use Matrix or Wanted style bullet time to curve the gauss round into a second elemental after it destroys the first?
You gotta unlock the use of more than 10% of your brain for that, I think.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

"Attention Clan Elementals, would you kindly line up in a single file formation..." :violence-instagib:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Leraje wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:50 pm
"Attention Clan Elementals, would you kindly line up in a single file formation..." :violence-instagib:
Can't we like appeal to their honor or some shit like that? "Honor demands that you line up single file or you will disgrace yourself per the rules of engagement..."
Black Lives Matter.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

OK, the Galleon in 2915 will spring it's cunning trap and move to either 2614 or 2714 depending on what is necessary for a back attack on the Black Hawk. Would it be possible for the Partisan to get shots on the Elementals if it moved to 0820?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:47 pm Would it be possible for the Partisan to get shots on the Elementals if it moved to 0820?
Yes, but it can't get to 0820 (only 5 MP - 2 for the turn, 4 for moving forward). 0720 is just as good, though and can be reached.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Alright, let's move my gunship to 1818 and open up on those pesky Elementals. If I have a better chance of hitting by moving a hex closer, do it but if at all possible staying out of the firing arc of the Dragonfly.

Move the Galleon to 1320 and fry the Elementals with its lasers.

How's my to hit chance for my Drillson against that Stormcrow sneaking about in 0116 from 0721? If I need to move an extra hex to get LOS either 0722 or 0621 would be fine (unless you have a better suggestion. I'm not turning down any advice!)
Black lives matter!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:28 pm How's my to hit chance for my Drillson against that Stormcrow sneaking about in 0116 from 0721? If I need to move an extra hex to get LOS either 0722 or 0621 would be fine (unless you have a better suggestion. I'm not turning down any advice!)
The Drillson is pretty fast, so I'd recommend moving at least 7 hexes (for the +3 to hit modifier). You want your LOS to avoid crossing or running along the border of hex 0216 so you have a direct shot rather than having to worry about partial cover.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm
$iljanus wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:28 pm How's my to hit chance for my Drillson against that Stormcrow sneaking about in 0116 from 0721? If I need to move an extra hex to get LOS either 0722 or 0621 would be fine (unless you have a better suggestion. I'm not turning down any advice!)
The Drillson is pretty fast, so I'd recommend moving at least 7 hexes (for the +3 to hit modifier). You want your LOS to avoid crossing or running along the border of hex 0216 so you have a direct shot rather than having to worry about partial cover.
So how about hovering over to 0123 and hitting that bastard straight on the nose...before getting pummeled by some fancy pants Clan tech?
Black lives matter!

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 pm So how about hovering over to 0123 and hitting that bastard straight on the nose...before getting pummeled by some fancy pants Clan tech?
Yep, that's how you hovercraft.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:22 pm
gbasden wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:47 pm Would it be possible for the Partisan to get shots on the Elementals if it moved to 0820?
Yes, but it can't get to 0820 (only 5 MP - 2 for the turn, 4 for moving forward). 0720 is just as good, though and can be reached.
OK, lets do that then.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

When do we launch the blimp ambush?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:08 pm When do we launch the blimp ambush?
Next turn. Although, replace "blimp" with "low-flying aerospace fighter".
Black Lives Matter
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

0810 and fire at ryoken (or is that too close for ppc) if it is too close stop further away and fire. Thanks.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 4:

Our lance responds pretty quickly to the HQ's call for assistance. Thud turns the Awesome to the right and blasts one of the power armored troopers with the extended-range PPC on the Awesome's right arm, frying him instantly. Another takes a glancing blow and remains standing, while two PPC blasts from the Loki inflict heavy damage on the Awesome's torso armor and cause the third shot to miss.

At which point El Guapo goes to work, evaporating a second trooper outright with a PPC and putting a gauss slug right through the torso of a second one, leaving not very much standing.

A fourth trooper is taken out by laser fire from Fury's Guillotine, the small pond enabling our mech to cool off from jumping and firing all of its lasers.

The last one is finished off by laser fire from a Lyran Galleon tank, although not before lighting the building on fire with its flamer.

The Partisan moves to support the attack on the battle armor as well, but is blown up by the other Ryoken before it can get there - pulse lasers stitch across its rear, lighting off the considerable amount of ammunition stored within.

Guru focuses on the downed Ryoken, planting a pair of PPC shots on its right side, causing an armor breach on the right leg, and scattering a few SRMs along its right side as well. The enemy mech retaliates with a series of blasts from its pulse laser, nearly puncturing the Thug's right torso armor. However, a burst from one of the base's autocannon turrets takes out the damaged right leg, while another autocannon wrecks the menacing pulse laser barrel on its right arm - the knee joint gives out, and the 55 ton mech slides back down to the ground.

The Lyran Galleon to the east gets a good shot off at the Black Hawk as it lobs some LRMs at an oblique arc at the HQ (causing the autocannon mounted there to jam), inflicting some armor damage but failing to penetrate - the Dragonfly then hops over and opens up with short range weapons, rattling the crew and blasting away bits of tread. A last-minute slam on the gas pedal saves the tank from being completely crushed by the light mech's foot.

"Shit shit shit, building's on fire!" comes the somewhat panicked transmission from the HQ. "It's gel! Where's the extinguisher?! What do you mean it got blown up?" and so forth.

Raw data:
Spoiler:
Guillotine GLT-4LJ ID:124 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (entering Depth 1 Water).
Needs 1 [2 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (entering Depth 1 Water)], rolls 10 : succeeds.

Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving from hex 2814 to hex 2714 (Mud).
Needs 3 [3 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (avoid bogging down) + 1 (Mud)], rolls 6 : succeeds.

***Jagatai A ID:76 (Alpha Trinary) flies off the map!***

Jagatai A ID:75 (Alpha Trinary) must make a control roll (Split S maneuver).
Needs 8 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Avionics Damage) + 2 (Atmospheric operations) - 1 (fighter/small craft) + 2 (Split S maneuver)], rolls 11 : maneuver successful.
***Jagatai A ID:75 (Alpha Trinary) flies off the map!***
***Lucifer LCF-R15O ID:71 (1st Octopus Overlords) flies off the map!***
***Shilone SL-17 ID:126 (1st Octopus Overlords) flies off the map!***
***Lucifer LCF-R15OA ID:143 (1st Octopus Overlords) flies off the map!***

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8QXL ID:114 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    ER PPC at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits Trooper 1
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 10 damage to Trooper 1.
            Armor destroyed.
             TROOPER KILLED,

PPC at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits Trooper 3
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 5 damage to Trooper 3.
            5 Armor remaining.

PPC at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3RXL ID:115 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    PPC at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 4, rolls 6 : hits (using Left Side table) Trooper 2
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 10 damage to Trooper 2.
            0 Armor remaining.

PPC at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 4, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) Trooper 4
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 12 damage to Trooper 4.
            Armor destroyed.
             TROOPER KILLED,

Gauss Rifle at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 6, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) Trooper 2 (critical)
        CRITICAL HIT on Trooper 2 (critical).
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 16 damage to Trooper 2 (critical).
             TROOPER KILLED,

Weapons fire for Thug THG-11EO ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary); needs 4, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side table) RL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 11 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
             10 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is (5+1) = 6; no effect.

PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary); needs 4, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 11 damage to RA.
            4 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary); needs 6, rolls 8 : 4 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table).

Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 2 damage to RT.
            5 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 2 damage to LL.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 2; no effect.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 2 damage to RA.
            2 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 2 damage to RT.
            3 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Guillotine GLT-4LJ ID:124 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits Trooper 3 (critical)
        CRITICAL HIT on Trooper 3 (critical).
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 6 damage to Trooper 3 (critical).
            Armor destroyed.
             TROOPER KILLED,

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:161 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits (using Left Side table) Trooper 5 (critical)
        CRITICAL HIT on Trooper 5 (critical).
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 11 damage to Trooper 5 (critical).
            Armor destroyed.
             TROOPER KILLED,
*** Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) DESTROYED by damage! ***

Medium Pulse Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 9, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) Trooper 1
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 7 damage to Trooper 1.

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Black Hawk (Nova) D ID:8 (Alpha Trinary); needs 5, rolls 5 : - Glancing Blow - - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Black Hawk (Nova) D ID:8 (Alpha Trinary) takes 1 damage to LT.
            15 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Black Hawk (Nova) D ID:8 (Alpha Trinary); needs 3, rolls 6 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Left Side table) CT
        Black Hawk (Nova) D ID:8 (Alpha Trinary) takes 7 damage to CT.
            13 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Dragonfly (Viper) Prime ID:7 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Karnov UR Gunship (Standard) ID:151 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Machine Gun at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Machine Gun at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Standard) ID:152 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 2 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 2 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 10 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 8 : 6 missile(s) hit.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary) takes 5 damage to LA.
            13 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary) takes 1 damage to RA.
            17 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    AC/5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RT
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary) takes 2 damage to RT.
            15 Armor remaining.

AC/5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

AC/5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

AC/5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for AC/10 Turret (Single) ID:154 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    AC/10 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary); needs 7, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) RL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 11 damage to RL.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        1 damage transfers to RTR.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is (8+1) = 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Upper Leg.
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 1 damage to RTR.
            The passenger, Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:78 (Alpha Trinary), avoids damage.
            8 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for AC/10 Turret (Single) ID:155 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    AC/10 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits (using Rear table) RA
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 10 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             1 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on +Large Pulse Laser.

Weapons fire for AC/10 Turret (Single) ID:156 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    AC/10 at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for AC/10 Turret (Single) ID:157 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    AC/10 at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits Trooper 1
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 10 damage to Trooper 1.

Weapons fire for Medium Laser Turret (Dual) ID:162 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for Medium Laser Turret (Dual) ID:160 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Left Side table) Trooper 1
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 2 damage to Trooper 1.

Weapons fire for Medium Laser Turret (Dual) ID:163 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits Trooper 1
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 5 damage to Trooper 1.

Medium Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits Trooper 1
        Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary) takes 5 damage to Trooper 1.

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:10 (Alpha Trinary)
    ER PPC at Awesome AWS-8QXL ID:114 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Awesome AWS-8QXL ID:114 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 16 damage to CT.
            14 Armor remaining.

ER PPC at Awesome AWS-8QXL ID:114 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 5 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        Awesome AWS-8QXL ID:114 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to CT.
            7 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Flamer] ID:77 (Alpha Trinary)
    Flamer [BA] at Hex 1916 of Building #1534 (Ignite), the shot is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), rolls 11 : 5 troopers hit
        Needs 5 [4 (Flamer [BA]) + 1 (building)] to ignite, rolls 8
        Fire started in hex 1916.

SRM 2 at Karnov UR Gunship (Standard) ID:151 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Karnov UR Gunship (Standard) ID:151 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Dragonfly (Viper) Prime ID:7 (Alpha Trinary)
    Medium Pulse Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side table) RR
        Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RR.
            11 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +2 bonus)
             Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.

Medium Pulse Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side table) RS (critical)
        Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RS (critical).
            10 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RS. Roll is (7+1) = 8; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

Machine Gun at Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) RR
        Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RR.
            9 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 8; (w/ +2 bonus)

Machine Gun at Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side table) RS
        Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RS.
            7 Armor remaining.

SRM 4 at Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : 2 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table).

Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RR.
            7 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 7; (w/ +2 bonus)
             Minor damage, +1 to driving skill rolls.

Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RS (critical).
            5 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RS. Roll is 7; Medium Laser malfunctions.

Weapons fire for Black Hawk (Nova) D ID:8 (Alpha Trinary)
    LRM 20 at Hex 1916 of Building #1534 (Collapse) needs 3, rolls 7 : 16 missile(s) hit.

Hardened Fortress Building #1534 absorbs 16 points of damage.

Damage changed to 8 due to building scale.
            32 CF remaining.
        Damage threshold exceeded. Possible critical hit!
            +AC/10 jams!

LB 5-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Awesome AWS-8QXL ID:114 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 3 pellet(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Awesome AWS-8QXL ID:114 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RA.
            23 Armor remaining.

22 Armor remaining.

21 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary)
    Large Pulse Laser at Thug THG-11EO ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 1, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits RT
        Thug THG-11EO ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 12 damage to RT.
            3 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary)
    Large Pulse Laser at Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 2, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) RR
        Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 12 damage to RR.
            4 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 8; (w/ +1 bonus)

Medium Pulse Laser at Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) RR
        Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RR.
            Armor destroyed.
             4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RR. Roll is (10+1) = 11; Ammunition Hit!
*** Half Machine Gun Ammo EXPLODES! 200 DAMAGE! ***
*** AC/5 Ammo EXPLODES! 20 DAMAGE! ***
*** AC/5 Ammo EXPLODES! 100 DAMAGE! ***
        Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 320 damage to RR.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on RR. Roll is 8; Engine destroyed. Immobile.

Medium Pulse Laser at Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 7 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) LS
        Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to LS.
            10 Armor remaining.

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 3, rolls 4 : 4 pellet(s) hit (using Rear table).

Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RR.

Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RR.

Partisan Heavy Tank (Standard) ID:153 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LS.
            9 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) must make 2 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit; leg destroyed).
The base target is 4 [2 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (Left Leg Upper Leg Actuator destroyed) + 1 (Left Leg Lower Leg Actuator destroyed)].
    Roll #1, (leg destroyed); automatically fails.
    Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) falls on its right side, suffering 6 damage.
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 5 damage to RT.
            Armor destroyed.
             11 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 6; no effect.
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) takes 1 damage to LA.
            10 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) "Olaf Flis" must roll 10 to avoid damage; rolls 9 : fails.
        Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) "Olaf Flis" takes 1 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) "Olaf Flis" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 6 : successful!

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Dragonfly (Viper) Prime ID:7 (Alpha Trinary)
    Kick (Left leg) at Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords) ID:158; needs 3, rolls 3 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Right Side table) RS
        Galleon Light Tank GAL-102 ID:158 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to RS.
            1 Armor remaining.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Awesome AWS-8QXL ID:114 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 36 heat, sinks 33 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Marauder MAD-3RXL ID:115 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 9 heat.
Thug THG-11EO ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 29 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Guillotine GLT-4LJ ID:124 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 24 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Shilone SL-17 ID:126 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Lucifer LCF-R15O ID:71 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Lucifer LCF-R15OA ID:143 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:10 (Alpha Trinary) gains 30 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Dragonfly (Viper) Prime ID:7 (Alpha Trinary) gains 18 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Subtracting 4 heat due to combat computer...
Black Hawk (Nova) D ID:8 (Alpha Trinary) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:6 (Alpha Trinary) gains 12 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:9 (Alpha Trinary) gains 21 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 2 heat.

End Phase
-------------------
Fire at 1916 was started this round.
Light smoke fills 1915.
Light smoke fills 2015.
Light smoke fills 1815.
Battlefield state:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
The Ryoken that Guru worked over is basically done - it's still struggling to get up, and the mechwarrior hasn't done anything to indicate surrender, such as powering down targeting systems, but it's unlikely to be a meaningful threat. It can still pack a wallop with its LBX/10 autocannon, but its mobility is somewhat limited, being face down in the mud.

The Black Hawk jumps southeast, aiming to get an angle on the HQ building, while the Dragonfly bides its time. The other Ryoken closes in on El Guapo's mech.

"Hostile aerospace neutralized. Coming around for an attack run, ETA 20 seconds." the aero jocks inform us.

Objective update:
Elemental unit destroyed [16% of enemy ground force]
Ryoken 6 crippled [32%/50% of enemy ground force]
Partisan destroyed [11%/50% of player ground force]

HQ: 32 CF remaining, burning down at the rate of 2/turn

Unit status update:
Thud's Awesome has seven armor points left on the center torso.
Fury's Guillotine has five armor points left on the center torso.
Guru's Thug has three armor points on the right torso, and the head is exposed (with two structure left).
Galleon 158 is stunned, cannot use more than 5 MP this round and cannot fire weapons
Karnov VTOL cannot use more then 7 MP

Movement mods:
Loki: +0
Black Hawk: +3
Ryoken 9: +3
Dragonfly: Unknown (ace)
Ryoken 6: +0 (+1 if attack coming from non-adjacent hex, due to being prone)
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Face south presenting the left arm to the Hellbringer as a "shield" and light up Stormcrow-9. Failing that, backpedal to 1312 and shoot the Viper. Need to lure Hellbringer out of those hills.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Well, we’re not dead yet. It’s looking ugly. But we can take another shot.

We’re getting paid for this, right?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Stefan Stirzaker

Post by Stefan Stirzaker »

Can i jump to 1313 and orient sw at other ryoken?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Stefan Stirzaker wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:31 pm Can i jump to 1313 and orient sw at other ryoken?
Yep.
Zarathud wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 pm We’re getting paid for this, right?
Yep, pretty well, too.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:40 pm
Zarathud wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 pm We’re getting paid for this, right?
Yep, pretty well, too.
Namely we get to keep our stuff. :)
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

The poor Galleon 158 will move as far away as possible, but accepts it's inevitable death.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Is that a crater or sinkhole in 0619? Does it have any LOS implications?

Edit: Oh never mind. It was partially labeled but I was able to fill in the blanks... :cry: (pours a drink to honor the sacrifice of a fellow tanker)
Black lives matter!