NFL 2021 Postseason

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

El Guapo

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by El Guapo »

RunningMn9 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:38 pm
stessier wrote:Wikipedia suggests the 1st game in 2019 was pretty interesting with both teams undefeated and a defensive struggle being the result.
I thought about that, and that game was really important to Bills fans. I don’t know that the Pats or Pats fans looked at that game in the same way. We were still searching to find out if we measured up. The Pats had beat us like 87 games in a row, so I think they felt they measured up just fine.

Even if Pats fans are confident going into this game that your defense and running game are for real (and not a product of the weak stretch of your schedule), this still seems like a game for you guys to get a good answer for where you are really at, no?

Beating a mostly healthy Bills on the road, on Monday Night, that feels like a bigger accomplishment than playing the Titans practice squad, right?

And for us, we need to prove we can beat a good team this year. So far, we haven’t.
Plus this is a battle for first place. It's definitely less of a must win for the Patriots than the Bills, but I do agree that this is the biggest Patriots / Bills game in years.
Black Lives Matter.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

stessier wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:13 pmKind of hard to say for both teams, no? The Bills manage to have a weaker SOS than the Pats, so far.

Honestly, I don't see any one game as a measuring stick. It's all about seeding for the playoffs and then rolling the dice and hoping for the best. I think the Pats have a decent chance as I continue to trust in the coaches. If they lose, not the end of the world as long as they win in Foxboro.
I don't have a lot of faith in the Bills either. By the end of the year last year, I expected them to win every game. I started this year the same way, but they disabused me of that notion pretty quick.

What compels me to be skeptical about the Pats still is that there's a narrative about them right now.

As an example, the Bills smashed the Saints into the ground on Thanksgiving. The headline? Allen throws for 4 TDs as Bills beat hobbled Saints, 31-6. The headline leaves no doubt that the Saints are an injury riddled mess.

The first paragraph talks about the "reeling Saints". The second paragraph reads "Allen passed for 260 yards and four touchdowns, and the Bills throttled New Orleans' short-handed offense in a 31-6 victory Thursday night that sent the injury-ravaged Saints to their fourth straight loss."

On Sunday, the Pats did the same thing to a team missing most of its offensive pieces. The headline? Jones throws 2 TD passes, Patriots roll past Titans 36-13. Alright, nothing about the Titans missing their top three stars on offense in the headline, surely it will be noted right off the bat...

The third paragraph references the Titans as "undermanned". But it's not until paragraph 10 that the article references the incredible injuries that the Titans have suffered. I feel like I'm having the Patriots marketed to me as a storyline, and I don't care for it. This isn't a knock against any Pats fans here or anything, but the way that the AP is framing these two identical games is almost like a cartoon.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

WFT up to 6th in the NFC somehow at 6-6.
Hodor.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

And the Lions get their first win!!
Black Lives Matter.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

El Guapo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:50 pm And the Lions get their first win!!
MIN 27 - DET 29. Vikings with 3 failed 2-pt conversions. (Don't worry, I didn't watch the game, just the 15 minute recap on YT.)
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
naednek

Post by naednek »

Well that was a crappy way to end the SF vs Sea game. Nice noncall there refs.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Ravens lost on a final two point conversion fail. Chargers did a sweet trick play to convert with a pass to Herbert. I'm guessing that is his first NFL reception.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

naednek wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:36 pm Well that was a crappy way to end the SF vs Sea game. Nice noncall there refs.
I saw the play with a batted pass. What did the refs miss?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

naednek wrote:Well that was a crappy way to end the SF vs Sea game. Nice noncall there refs.
Was that the 3rd down play in the end zone? Was the ball tipped? Because if not, that was ludicrously obvious DPI.
Make up bags of change
naednek

Post by naednek »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:02 pm
naednek wrote:Well that was a crappy way to end the SF vs Sea game. Nice noncall there refs.
Was that the 3rd down play in the end zone? Was the ball tipped? Because if not, that was ludicrously obvious DPI.
yep. The ball wasn't tipped. Seahawks was draped over him. Similar play happened with the niners and they got called for it.

Enlarge Image

Someone posted a video on a fb group but it won't work for you if you are not part of it. But I'm sure it's on the highlights

With that said, Jimmy G didn't do any favors with 2 boneheaded interceptions. But he still drove us down to put us in the position to tie or possibly win.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The AFC West is nutso. If the Broncos beat the Chiefs they would catapult into first place. If they lose they will be tied for last and drop out of a wildcard spot.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Yeah, they switched the Steelers game over to that game right as that play happened. I was stunned that wasn’t called.
Make up bags of change
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

the amount of crazy in the SF SEA game, I was reduced to unintelligible screaming. How many turnovers? I lost count. Wilson throws to the end zone, its bobbled and kicked for an interception. I golf clapped, because that is the type of quality play I have come to expect from this years Seahawks offence. But then, the defense scores a safety, and I am frothing at the mouth and gibbering like a rabid hermit, because what possible human language words could be used to describe the elation and utter futility of such an act?
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Jaymon wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:31 am the amount of crazy in the SF SEA game, I was reduced to unintelligible screaming. How many turnovers? I lost count. Wilson throws to the end zone, its bobbled and kicked for an interception. I golf clapped, because that is the type of quality play I have come to expect from this years Seahawks offence. But then, the defense scores a safety, and I am frothing at the mouth and gibbering like a rabid hermit, because what possible human language words could be used to describe the elation and utter futility of such an act?
Ya the first quarter was crazy. The fake punt for a TD, the fumbles, the INT's, it was a wild first quarter.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Someone needs to explain the concept of "Bear weather" to this team. When it's cold, windy, and rainy -- and a hot weather team (Arizona) comes to visit, it is THEM who is supposed be plagued by turnovers and all kinds of havoc from not being acclimated to the weather. How many millions are we paying Dalton for his 4-int performance?
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I’m super excited to see tonight’s game, where the home team is built as a pass-only offense, and isn’t going to be able to pass at all. Good thing it’s not a critical game or anything. I will be stunned if the Bills manage a first down in this.
Make up bags of change
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Why can the Bills pass but the Patriots can't?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Josh Allen vs. Mac Jones.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

El Guapo wrote:Why can the Bills pass but the Patriots can't?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
One QB has a bazooka, the other has a Chad Pennington arm.

Also, I wouldn’t have even thrown the ball three times.
Make up bags of change
ATB

Post by ATB »

Bills' season is over.
Why so sensuous?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

ATB wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:38 pm
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

ATB wrote:Bills' season is over.
It’s not over, but it’s not going anywhere far. Local Twitter is tearing the defense apart, and I guess I get it, but you gave up a long TD on a busted play that the Pats blocked perfectly, and two FGs. Other than the Pats were content to run and punt on every drive.

The obsession with trying to run when you clearly cannot run is dooming this team.

Also, maybe call some designed runs for your giant behemoth of a QB, which gives you numbers leverage against the defense?

If only Diggs could have reeled in that friggin dime from Allen, 40 yards through 50mph winds. Or Dawson Knox didn’t get the yips again. Or Matt Breida didn’t forget how to take a handoff.

Any of those things bothered me more than giving up 14 points.
Make up bags of change
stessier

Post by stessier »

I just finished watching and the most upsetting part to me was the Harry muffed punt off the facemask....why was he anywhere near that ball???? Otherwise very stressful game that I was glad to get in the win column before the bye. Going to be real interesting to see what the rematch in Foxboro is like.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lamar Jackson goes down with an ankle injury, Ravens' season may be toast. This could be good news for the Chargers as they have the tiebreak advantage over the Browns, Bengals and Steelers, but the Ravens beat them.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Damn, was hoping Huntley could lead the comeback.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Justin Herbert just completed an absolute bomb with 17 seconds left in the half. Defenses must respect his canon of an arm.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Miraculously the W(T)FT loses but still clings to the final wildcard slot ahead of 4 other 6-7 teams. And Thursday night Chiefs at Chargers could determine the AFC West winner.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

SNF announcer just said about Rodgers: "Have you seen a guy more honest" .... lol wtf. short memory.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Wow - the covid outbreaks are really starting to spread. The Browns just lost Stefanski and Mayfield - both are said to feel fine.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Urban Meyer fired after 13 games.

Allegedly kicking his kicker was the last straw. Darrell Bevell will be the interim head coach.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Hrothgar wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:38 am Urban Meyer fired after 13 games.

Allegedly kicking his kicker was the last straw. Darrell Bevell will be the interim head coach.
Least shocking news ever. I never expected he would make a good NFL coach, especially with a rebuilding franchise. His entire MO in college was to come into places that were already loaded with talent and nudge them over the top.

I’m only surprised it didn’t happen while either the USC or ND jobs were open.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I can't believe with all that's come out that any parent would want their kid playing for him. He does not seem to be a good guy.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I was not shocked at all at this news.

I can't imagine any college wanting him now but sometimes winning is all that matters to some schools.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:31 am I was not shocked at all at this news.

I can't imagine any college wanting him now but sometimes winning is all that matters to some schools.
His college record is really good. I'm sure he'll get a new college job. Unless his abusiveness reached essentially criminal levels, I don't think that will be enough given how much he won at the college level.
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

All the high profile college jobs have been filled. I'm guessing he lays low for 2-3 years before we see him jump into the college ranks somewhere.

I'm always grateful for Urban putting Utah on the college football map, and am even more grateful that he left when he did. I've heard lots of stories from the players while he was here...dude's got issues.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:51 am All the high profile college jobs have been filled. I'm guessing he lays low for 2-3 years before we see him jump into the college ranks somewhere.

I'm always grateful for Urban putting Utah on the college football map, and am even more grateful that he left when he did. I've heard lots of stories from the players while he was here...dude's got issues.
Oh yeah. It's in his best interests to wait a bit before taking his next job anyway, both so that the right opportunity opens up and so that people forget a bit about all his BS. Might make sense to take a few months off and then look for an analyst / commentator gig for a year or so.
Black Lives Matter.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Just wait until Ryan Day takes the Bears job this offseason. ;)
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:16 am
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:51 am All the high profile college jobs have been filled. I'm guessing he lays low for 2-3 years before we see him jump into the college ranks somewhere.

Oh yeah. It's in his best interests to wait a bit before taking his next job anyway, both so that the right opportunity opens up and so that people forget a bit about all his BS. Might make sense to take a few months off and then look for an analyst / commentator gig for a year or so.
Has he ever left with this must losing, exposure, and negative feedback internally though? This might be an end for him in any high profile job and he might not want to a not so high profile job if has enough bank in his pockets.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:37 am Just wait until Ryan Day takes the Bears job this offseason. ;)
Can he do it before the bowl game? Pretty please? ;)