[America] Domestic violent extremism

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: [America] Domestic violent extremism

Post by Blackhawk »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:38 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:36 pm That I agree with. The petty hate and revenge mentality that both sides have is going to destroy us.
"Going to" is a tad optimistic, isn't it?

See? We even have to redefine 'optimism' as 'believing we're about to be doomed' vs 'already doomed.'
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
geezer

Post by geezer »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:36 pm
gbasden wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:33 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:19 pm
stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:16 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 pm I'd have to add that elected congressmen don't exactly fit the exercise here. They have constituencies some, perhaps most, of whom presumably agree with their stance.

Like I said, this is a social media director for a county level organization.
Are you not aware of the power that social media has these days, for good and (mostly) bad?
Yes, I am. We're not discussing her reach or influence. We're discussing her relevance as representative of the Democratic Party.
Regardless, it's a stupid statement and she should be ashamed she said it. I swear, the amount of dumb in this country is seriously disheartening, and it's not confined to one political party.
She resigned so I assume she regrets it. Posting it at least.
So what you’re saying here is that high-profile democrats didn’t double down, defend, and make financial appeals to their general constituency in response to her unacceptable statements? And no leading Democrat has gone out of their way to offer her a job in their office? And no Democrat has amplified her statement or made her a cause celebre?

How can that be? BOTH PARTIES, dammit.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

stimpy wrote:How about you pay closer attention to the content, not the source?
If I thought it was in anyway manipulative or misleading, I wouldnt have posted it.
Shit content, shit source, shit post.

Of course you would post it, stimpy.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 pm
stimpy wrote:How about you pay closer attention to the content, not the source?
If I thought it was in anyway manipulative or misleading, I wouldnt have posted it.
Shit content, shit source, shit post.

Of course you would post it, stimpy.
Good to know you're okay with someone from the Democratic party trying to blame the horrific incident on karma, because....you know....Wisconsin.....
There is no doubt or argument she said it, so why are you defending her? Because I linked to The Daily Mail?
That doesnt make it any less true. No justification for saying it's "shit content" unless you agree with her.
Hooray for you.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

geezer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:09 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 pm I'd have to add that elected congressmen don't exactly fit the exercise here. They have constituencies some, perhaps most, of whom presumably agree with their stance.

Are you not aware of the power that social media has these days, for good and (mostly) bad?
Yes, I am. We're not discussing her reach or influence. We're discussing her relevance as representative of the Democratic Party.
Regardless, it's a stupid statement and she should be ashamed she said it. I swear, the amount of dumb in this country is seriously disheartening, and it's not confined to one political party.
So what you’re saying here is that high-profile democrats didn’t double down, defend, and make financial appeals to their general constituency in response to her unacceptable statements? And no leading Democrat has gone out of their way to offer her a job in their office? And no Democrat has amplified her statement or made her a cause celebre?

:wub:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:
Covfefe!
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Yeah, because every time a Republican says something stupid and appalling, that's EXACTLY what happens to them......fucking ridiculous point.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:08 pm Good to know you're okay with someone from the Democratic party
That someone from the Democratic party is irrelevant. It's a single loonie, and has no bearing on anything outside of her immediate presence. It isn't representative of anything. It is, at best, a head-shaker about a single individual saying something distasteful in isolation.

Nobody defended her. We criticized you for pretending that what she said mattered just because she was a Democrat.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

By GOP rules, the power of social media is limited when posted in anime.

Enlarge Image
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
geezer

Post by geezer »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:56 pm

Yeah, because every time a Republican says something stupid and appalling, that's EXACTLY what happens to them......fucking ridiculous point.
Just so we’re clear, is your contention that Marjorie Taylor Greene isn’t stupid and appalling, or isn’t embraced by the GOP? How about Trump? Did Michael Flynn, former National Security Advisor pardoned by the Republican President for federal crimes, not recently say that America should have just one religion? Yeah. Both parties.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Cherry picking
He/Him/His/Porcupine
geezer

Post by geezer »

stimpy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:28 amCherry picking
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

geezer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:45 am
I wasn't going to jump on but that made me laugh for two reasons. 1) It's funny in itself. 2) I thought it was extended funny because I am under the impression chrerry picking went into the book of the "Paternal Power Structure" verboten expressions.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

A President, National Security Adviser or US Representative would be more cherry than some random state level Democrat.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Every time a rando Republican says or does something stupid and it's reported as "news", you guys jump on it as if it's representative of all Republicans.
The fact you keep trying to deflect from this is telling.
Last edited by stimpy on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
malchior

Post by malchior »

stimpy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 am Every time a rando Republican says or does something stupid and it's reported as "news", you guys jump on it as if it's representative of all Republicans.
:pop:
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Yeah.....I keep forgetting how impartial this board is.
No bias here......nothing to see........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stimpy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 am Every time a rando Republican says or does something stupid and it's reported as "news", you guys jump on it as if it's representative of all Republicans.
Assuming that it's true (I'm not sure - I'll watch closer), this has what to do with you doing it?

If it is such a terrible thing to do, why are you using it to excuse doing the same thing?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

geezer wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:45 am
Last edited by hepcat on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stimpy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:11 am Yeah.....I keep forgetting how impartial this board is.
Pfft. This board will be the first to tell you that this board is biased.

But there are different kinds of bias.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I want to join a forum that I know is predominantly run by those who love puppies so I can get pissed at people talking about how much they love puppies.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Bullshit. That's what puppies are.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:13 am
stimpy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:11 am Yeah.....I keep forgetting how impartial this board is.

I wish this was about bias. You can discuss bias at least.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 am Bullshit. That's what puppies are.
Comrade!
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Bias is refusing to recognize that the GOP is actively kicking out those who don’t follow Trump (Liz Cheney) and have decades of branding their own as RINOs.

It’s not bias to call out your feeble attempts at argument.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

malchior wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:19 am

"There is bias!"

"Yes, we admit that."

"This isn't about bias!"

There they go! Everybody wave! :greetings-wavingyellow:
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 am It’s not bias to call out your feeble attempts at argument.
Thats exactly what it is.
When you can search the board and find hardly a trace of any Dems being called out for their issues, it's bias at it's best.
I guess when you're brainwashed into thinking your party can do no wrong, or if they do it's justified for whatever reason (Trump), that's not surprising.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:26 am

"There is bias!"

"Yes, we admit that."

"This isn't about bias!"

Apparently you guys need to call a secret meeting, because not all members of your tribe agree that the board is biased.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:12 am
Assuming that it's true (I'm not sure - I'll watch closer), this has what to do with you doing it?

If it is such a terrible thing to do, why are you using it to excuse doing the same thing?
It's called balance.
You should try it sometime.....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I wish the GOP would.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:26 am

"There is bias!"

"Yes, we admit that."

"This isn't about bias!"

stimpy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:29 am When you can search the board and find hardly a trace of any Dems being called out for their issues, it's bias at it's best.

:greetings-wavingblue:
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

You really like soccer, huh?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

The idea that democrats can't be criticized is ludicrous. We have multiple threads about the disfunction and bad choices they are making.

There are still conservatives on the board (that aren't crazy), a lot of moderates, and whatever Little Raven considers himself now :D.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It's important to see past bias for each issue. I lean heavily to the left but reject wokeness and SJW. I support AOC on climate change, but she is an idiot for voting against reconciliation. I support police reform but defund the police is self-destructive madness. I support free speech which means I oppose shouting down speakers on campus.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

noxiousdog wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:55 am There are still conservatives on the board (that aren't crazy), a lot of moderates, and whatever Little Raven considers himself now :D.
OO: Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they’ll come for you.

Loki: I have an army.

OO: We have a Drazzil.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The Democrats couldn’t agree on Biden’s spending bill. The idea that there is any Dem propaganda solidarity is fantasy.

Did you not see the cartoon about Dem propaganda and Republican memes?
Holman

Post by Holman »

The Dems and and a small number of Republicans comprise the spectrum of American politicians committed to the self-governing, self-legislating Republic established in the 18th century and enduring through all the crises and progress since then. There's a wide range of political opinion within this group.

Most current Republicans and their allies have decided that it would be better to destroy that Republic in order to preserve white supremacy at any cost (including oligarchy).

It's that simple.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm
noxiousdog wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:55 am There are still conservatives on the board (that aren't crazy), a lot of moderates, and whatever Little Raven considers himself now :D.
OO: Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they’ll come for you.

Loki: I have an army.

OO: We have a Drazzil.
Pff. Like you people don't know I'd fight an army fer you.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:51 am By GOP rules, the power of social media is limited when posted in anime.

Enlarge Image
Pic is funny. You could scratch "meme" and "propaganda" off that puppy and it would be even more relevant.
Edit for: You would need to add an "s" for that last statement to make any kind of sense. Thought I saw an "s". Long day today, Long LONG day.

Maybe I saw what I wanted to. You know with the GOP being like the terminator and the Democrats cowering like schoolgirls under a desk. Took one look at it, nodded to myself and thought "Yeah makes sense"

Serves me right.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Add another thing democrats and the left are shit at in America: Domestic violent extremism.