[America] Domestic violent extremism

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: [America] Domestic violent extremism

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:58 pm The early theory I'm hearing several times is the suspect was a known criminal in the area and was fleeing another crime.
Noting like adding 30+ felonies to make everyone forget the first crime

This is truly horrible. We've hosted several similar events in the neighborhood and this has always been a fear lurking in the back of my mind. Not necessarily intentional but a car losing control and going through a barricade. We started to pony up up for water-filled jersey barricades to go along with the armed security but nothing is perfect.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:08 amThis is truly horrible. We've hosted several similar events in the neighborhood and this has always been a fear lurking in the back of my mind. Not necessarily intentional but a car losing control and going through a barricade. We started to pony up up for water-filled jersey barricades to go along with the armed security but nothing is perfect.
We can't keep living this way. This is insanity. We can't protect ourselves when our society has *just enough* nihilists where there is a constant drumbeat of mayhem around everything. I still can't shake the feeling that our culture is a dead end. We've squeezed people to the brink here and people are just acting out. We have people ransacking department stores in Viking-esque raids. A bridge in NYC was shut down overnight because people just started doing donuts on it. Even the local towns have roving bands breaking into cars which somehow is unstoppable. It's just shit show central in general.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

malchior wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:58 pm The early theory I'm hearing several times is the suspect was a known criminal in the area and was fleeing another crime.
Looking more and more like this is the case. Horrific.

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:13 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:08 amThis is truly horrible. We've hosted several similar events in the neighborhood and this has always been a fear lurking in the back of my mind. Not necessarily intentional but a car losing control and going through a barricade. We started to pony up up for water-filled jersey barricades to go along with the armed security but nothing is perfect.
We can't keep living this way. This is insanity. We can't protect ourselves when our society has *just enough* nihilists where there is a constant drumbeat of mayhem around everything. I still can't shake the feeling that our culture is a dead end. We've squeezed people to the brink here and people are just acting out. We have people ransacking department stores in Viking-esque raids. A bridge in NYC was shut down overnight because people just started doing donuts on it. Even the local towns have roving bands breaking into cars which somehow is unstoppable. It's just shit show central in general.
Completely malfunctioning individuals are, both at once, marginalized and empowered more than ever.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:40 am
Looking more and more like this is the case. Horrific.

Cue the rhetorical calls from 2A to ban knives and cars....

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

From what I saw in comments the suspect is African American. I'm sure the right wing sites won't fear monger off that. Because it's not like there's white people that have ever killed mass amounts of people for no reason. Nope...
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

He/Him/His/Porcupine
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:48 am Fucking parasite

https://www.foxnews.com/us/waukesha-chr ... ell-brooks
I'm not usually overly concerned about people's pasts but that article says he was out on bail from a list of charges while awaiting trial. One of the charges was jumping bail. How does it make sense to let him out on bail if he already fled while on bail before?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Remus West wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:37 pm

I'm not usually overly concerned about people's pasts but that article says he was out on bail from a list of charges while awaiting trial. One of the charges was jumping bail. How does it make sense to let him out on bail if he already fled while on bail before?
With prior conviction for bail jumping in addition to the charges.

I may have a dim view of this living in Chicago so take it FWiW, but this is progressive criminal justice reform at work.

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Oddly enough in Jersey it was Christie who did bail reform. Of course everyone still blames the democrats for it. Same with the gas tax. Sigh
Last edited by Octavious on Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:46 pm
Remus West wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:37 pm

With prior conviction for bail jumping in addition to the charges.

I may have a dim view of this living in Chicago so take it FWiW, but this is progressive criminal justice reform at work.
DC has similar issues.
Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Octavious wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:10 pm Oddly enough in Jersey it was Christie who did bail reform. Of course everyone still blames the democrats for it. Same with the gas tax. Sigh
Criminal justice reform on the carceral nature of our system has become a rare bipartisan issue. The progressive side often wants to go further and has in some places. However, Wisconsin is a Republican-run legislature due to heavy gerrymandering so it might be a little more complicated than blue/red divide on that aspect. Nonetheless I can see someone like a Trump taking this and running with it though blaming it on the dems.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That's all the comments I read on the right wing sites. The amount of super duper racism is just in overload now. It's great... In my town they are opening a new gym and they have gigantic blue lives matter and don't tread on me flags. I'm not subbing. :P

malchior

Post by malchior »

Octavious wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:00 pm That's all the comments I read on the right wing sites. The amount of super duper racism is just in overload now. It's great... In my town they are opening a new gym and they have gigantic blue lives matter and don't tread on me flags. I'm not subbing. :P
I had to transport someone up to the Columbia area and made my way past your area. We needed to stop for somewhere to eat dinner and tried some place called Pub 517. I was chased out because it happened to be Lobster night! and my eyes started swelling. But yeah, I forgot how loud the banjos get up there. The stickers on the cars and the attitude we caught inside when we walked in wearing masks was...fun.
Last edited by malchior on Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

malchior wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:52 pm
Octavious wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:10 pm Oddly enough in Jersey it was Christie who did bail reform. Of course everyone still blames the democrats for it. Same with the gas tax. Sigh
Criminal justice reform on the carceral nature of our system has become a rare bipartisan issue. The progressive side often wants to go further and has in some places. However, Wisconsin is a Republican-run legislature due to heavy gerrymandering so it might be a little more complicated than blue/red divide on that aspect. Nonetheless I can see someone like a Trump taking this and running with it though blaming it on the dems.
(Cue ominous music and low pitched voiceover)

And the liberals want to defund the police and you’ve seen the results of their revolving door justice…(show SUV video or still shots of overturned chairs in the street depending on what plays better in the test group)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

malchior wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:03 pm
Octavious wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:00 pm That's all the comments I read on the right wing sites. The amount of super duper racism is just in overload now. It's great... In my town they are opening a new gym and they have gigantic blue lives matter and don't tread on me flags. I'm not subbing. :P
I had to transport someone up to the Columbia area and made my way past your area. We needed to stop for somewhere to eat dinner and tried some place called Pub 517. I was chased out because it happened to be Lobster night! and my eyes started swelling. But yeah, I forgot how loud the banjos get up there. The stickers on the cars and the attitude we caught inside when we walked in wearing masks was...fun.
Oh ya that particular place wouldn't shock me to be flying a rebel flag. :lol:

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

malchior wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:52 pm Nonetheless I can see someone like a Trump taking this and running with it though blaming it on the dems.
While the Dems are just blaming it on karma......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ozens.html

"I just believe in Karma and this came around quick on the citizens of Wisconsin."
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well I mean being shitty isn't isolated to being Republican. That lady sounds batshit insane.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:17 pm
malchior wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:52 pm Nonetheless I can see someone like a Trump taking this and running with it though blaming it on the dems.

"I just believe in Karma and this came around quick on the citizens of Wisconsin."
One minor staffer in one office in Illinois isn't "The Dems".

And The Daily Mail? What's next? Weekly World News?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:25 pm

social media director for the Democratic Party in DuPage County

Hardly a mover and shaker.

MYT
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/il ... 52269.html
https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/illinois- ... age-karma/
https://news-24.fr/un-democrate-demissi ... -usa-news/

Do you know how many times you guys single out "a Republican" and lump them in as all Republicans?
So a couple batshit Repubs equal all Repubs, but a couple batshit Dems are just an anomoly......got it.
Last edited by stimpy on Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Wtf has that got to do with anything?
She identifies as a Democrat.
At what level does she have to be before she's recognized as such?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Karma would be if Kyle gets rejected from every college for his violent activity except for Oral Roberts University.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:49 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Wtf has that got to do with anything?
She identifies as a Democrat.
At what level does she have to be before she's recognized as such?
You used "Dems", plural. Meaning that she speaks for more than herself and implies that she speaks for a large chunk of the party.

MYT
geezer

Post by geezer »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Do you know how many times you guys single out "a Republican" and lump them in as all Republicans?
So a couple batshit Repubs equal all Repubs, but a couple batshit Dems are just an anomoly......got it.
Call me when “the dems” start successfully fundraising off of her abhorrent statements and the rest of them line up to back her (See Taylor, Marjorie).

There’s no equivalency here. Don’t be stupid.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

First, I have done that never. And trying to point out that other people do something dishonest as a way of justifying doing something dishonest... Not a good argument.

Second, I don't care how many other places repeat it (and didn't question if it was true or not.) Using Daily Mail as your initial source calls your motivation for posting it into question. It's famed for being misleading, using scare tactics, and just generally bullshit. My first thought on seeing anyone post a DM link as an example of anything is, "Is that the kind of place that influences them?"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

geezer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:55 pm

Call me when “the dems” start successfully fundraising off of her abhorrent statements and the rest of them line up to back her (See Taylor, Marjorie).

How about an example of just one of the many times that one crazy person registered as R said something dumb, and not in line with the party, and it was taken as "all Repubs." Or even taken as many Repubs?

MYT
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

The article on here, which is my home page, links to Fox News.
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/
God forbid I post that......
I'd be branded for life!!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 pm

How about an example of just one of the many times that one crazy person registered as R said something dumb, and not in line with the party, and it was taken as "all Repubs." Or even taken as many Repubs?
Sure.....how about a whole thread??
https://octopusoverlords.com/forum/view ... hp?t=83495
He/Him/His/Porcupine
geezer

Post by geezer »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:05 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Sure.....how about a whole thread??
https://octopusoverlords.com/forum/view ... hp?t=83495
You do understand that actual republicans in congress are being purged for not towing the line on insane lies, do you not? And that congressional leadership have affirmatively indicated support for giving people like Greene and Gosar legislative responsibilities? And that their excuse is that that’s what their constituents are voting for?
Last edited by geezer on Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Post links from manipulative, misleading websites and people are going to wonder if you're being manipulative and misleading. Why is that such a stretch?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

How about you pay closer attention to the content, not the source?
If I thought it was in anyway manipulative or misleading, I wouldnt have posted it.
Last edited by stimpy on Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'd have to add that elected congressmen don't exactly fit the exercise here. They have constituencies some, perhaps most, of whom presumably agree with their stance.

Like I said, this is a social media director for a county level organization.

MYT
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 pm I'd have to add that elected congressmen don't exactly fit the exercise here. They have constituencies some, perhaps most, of whom presumably agree with their stance.

Are you not aware of the power that social media has these days, for good and (mostly) bad?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:16 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 pm I'd have to add that elected congressmen don't exactly fit the exercise here. They have constituencies some, perhaps most, of whom presumably agree with their stance.

Are you not aware of the power that social media has these days, for good and (mostly) bad?
Yes, I am. We're not discussing her reach or influence. We're discussing her relevance as representative of the Democratic Party.

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stimpy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:14 pm How about you pay closer attention to the content, not the source?
Seriously, can you really say that with a straight face? That's kind of idiotic suggestion is how we got to where we are, and it shines a lot of light on you.

There is no poster and no content for which I will not consider the source before I consider the content. And if we had more people asking whether something was true first, asking why it was being presented in a particular way second, and only considering the actual content once those filters were passed, we'd have so, so many fewer problems. Fewer problems with violence, fewer problems with disease, fewer problems with charismatic lunatics leading people around by their noses.

So, no, I will not pay less attention to the source.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:19 pm

Yes, I am. We're not discussing her reach or influence. We're discussing her relevance as representative of the Democratic Party.
Regardless, it's a stupid statement and she should be ashamed she said it. I swear, the amount of dumb in this country is seriously disheartening, and it's not confined to one political party.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

gbasden wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:33 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:19 pm

Regardless, it's a stupid statement and she should be ashamed she said it. I swear, the amount of dumb in this country is seriously disheartening, and it's not confined to one political party.
She resigned so I assume she regrets it. Posting it at least.

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

gbasden wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:33 pm Regardless, it's a stupid statement and she should be ashamed she said it. I swear, the amount of dumb in this country is seriously disheartening, and it's not confined to one political party.
That I agree with. The petty hate and revenge mentality that both sides have is going to destroy us.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:36 pm
gbasden wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:33 pm Regardless, it's a stupid statement and she should be ashamed she said it. I swear, the amount of dumb in this country is seriously disheartening, and it's not confined to one political party.
That I agree with. The petty hate and revenge mentality that both sides have is going to destroy us.
"Going to" is a tad optimistic, isn't it?

MYT