Dyson Sphere Program

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Victoria Raverna

Re: Chinese Satisfactory? Dyson Sphere Program

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Like some other Chinese games, the store page is not accessible today.

EDIT: Seem like all Chinese games store page are accessible again.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Dyson Sphere Program Patch Notes 0.6.17.5827
Hi Engineers!

Here comes our first update in March. And, an important functional update is also coming soon!

[Version 0.6.17.5827]
Feature:
• From now on, the savedata will also save its creator's ID. The players will be able to see the savedata creator's ID in the right upper corner of the game.
• Improved some UI interactive SFX.

Changes:
• Data reduction of Dyson shell. The length of archive data generated by Dyson shell is reduced by 50% ~ 60%, and the save/load time is reduced by 20% ~ 30%.
• Data reduction of Sorters and Assemblers.
• The research materials won't be returned immediately after the research list is suspended. This change is made to avoid the loss of items caused by the logic of "No item will be returned for fractions of a count".
• The scene at the end of the prologue is improved.
• Now you can storage/pick fluid items manually and check the information of fluid items.
• Optimized the description of some items and technologies.

Bugfix:
• Fixed the bug that huge amounts of Mini-suns and Storages may made your planet flickering too much.
• Fixed the bug that the first frame of the game is incorrect by modifing the loading process.
• Fixed the bug that sometimes the mecha may fell into the land after skipped the prologue.
• Fixed the bug in calculating the quantity of items when held Ctrl to operate items in Fractionator.

Thank you for your continuing support! You can send your feedback in Discord and Google Form! See you next time!
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
naednek

Post by naednek »

I'm on my 3rd play through. Each time I get farther and think of better ways to do things. This game is addicting, and it's also what I suspect to be the culprit of my eye strain.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

naednek wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:12 pm I'm on my 3rd play through. Each time I get farther and think of better ways to do things. This game is addicting, and it's also what I suspect to be the culprit of my eye strain.
I reached 107 hours and was getting burned out. I never did more than start my first Dyson Sphere each time but each time decided that my operation was wildly inefficient and rather than tearing out everything it would be better to start a new game. On my last game I intended to use Planetary Logistic Stations to supply all my production complexes but it became a huge mess. So when the devs get some more content into the game I'm going to start my fourth playthrough with a shopping mall approach for my Replicator but dedicated production complexes for everything else.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
naednek

Post by naednek »

jztemple2 wrote:
naednek wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:12 pm I'm on my 3rd play through. Each time I get farther and think of better ways to do things. This game is addicting, and it's also what I suspect to be the culprit of my eye strain.
I reached 107 hours and was getting burned out. I never did more than start my first Dyson Sphere each time but each time decided that my operation was wildly inefficient and rather than tearing out everything it would be better to start a new game. On my last game I intended to use Planetary Logistic Stations to supply all my production complexes but it became a huge mess. So when the devs get some more content into the game I'm going to start my fourth playthrough with a shopping mall approach for my Replicator but dedicated production complexes for everything else.
Funny you mentioned the planetary towers as that was my approach was going to be. Then I remember how long it takes to get the materials to make it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

naednek wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:02 pm Funny you mentioned the planetary towers as that was my approach was going to be. Then I remember how long it takes to get the materials to make it.
Part of my problem was that I wasn't doing enough math. For instance, I'd have a station supplying processors. Then I'd start a new processing area that needs processors so I'd put up a PLS to get processors from the processor PLS. The problem was that I'd need to boost the processor assembly but that requires a chain of other resources, which I'd try to get from other PLS. And I'd have to increase the output of those PLS. It got way too out of hand.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I love this game. It definitely suffers from a scaling problem with no blueprints, though. It's pretty enough I don't care ;)

Also, you really have to think not just interplanetary, but interstellar.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Big new update. See the patch notes for details.
naednek

Post by naednek »

jztemple2 wrote:Big new update. See the patch notes for details.
Yep. I just started over for the 4th time. Have about 300 hours in

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Nothing posted for awhile, but the updates keep on coming. Dyson Sphere Program Patch Notes 0.8.23.9808 has been posted. Among the new features, a "Traffic Monitor":

Features:
Added Traffic Monitor. You can build it on the conveyor belt to monitor the status of the production line.
Added Global Alert System. You can activate this feature to monitor the status of some buildings, for example, to see if the last smelter is working.
Add full icon option. You can select various icons for Blueprints, Conveyor Belt, Traffic Monitor, including alarm signals, items, recipes, technologies, upgrades, etc.
Added Global Alert function for Traffic Monitors.
Added Speaker function to the Traffic Monitors. You can configure alert conditions and other parameters.
Added 24 new tones to the speaker. This includes 5 alarms and 19 instrument sounds.

Changes:
After landing on a planet, the navigation line for the planet's direction will be automatically removed.
When exiting Dismantle / Upgrade Mode, the range operation (F2) will be automatically reset to a single point operation (F1) to prevent subsequent malfunctions.
If the plant is destroyed while building, there will be a special effect of destroying the plant.

Balance:
Changed the "Automated Maximum Stack" of raw materials from 20 to 4 in Matrix Lab manufacturing mode, while the maximum stack for manual operation remains unchanged. The purpose of the change is to accelerate the warm-up speed of the production line.
Change the "Automated Maximum Stack" of raw materials in each manufacturing plant from 5 times the recipe demand to 3 times, and the "Maximum Stack" of raw materials for manual operation of the smelter to 50 times. The purpose of the change is to accelerate the warm-up speed of production lines.
Increase the limit of the number of blueprint buildings in each mass construction level.

Bugfix:
Fixed the bug that the amount UI was wrong when using the Mining Machine to cover the veins in infinite resource mode. All UI displays under infinite resources mode were also modified.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've started up on this again after the big update and now I've run into an issue I'm not sure how to solve. I'm short on power and the problem is that the low power is causing my smelters to not deliver enough Energetic Graphite to my power plants, which means they are not producing enough power, which is a big death spiral. Is there some way to turn off buildings individually so I can cut my power consumption enough to get my power plants fully fueled again?

UPDATE: I figured out a cheap solution, just route the Coal directly to the power plants without turning it into Energetic Graphite first. It's not as efficient but it cuts out needing the power hungry smelters in the chain.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So I've put in a lot of hours over the past few days on what is my fifth playthrough of the game. This is the first time I've played since they added the blueprint feature, the copy and paste plus the tools to monitor belt rates. It makes the game more enjoyable.

One of the lessons I've learned is to create a "strip mall", a one stop location where I can load up my Replicator with a number of items for making things like sorters and belts, items I don't need to produce continuously but only make in the Replicator when needed.
Enlarge Image

I'm up to the point where I have facilities on all the planets in my solar system and I've got an active Dyson Swarm. Next step is to start building the Dyson Sphere components. I've never made a proper one in previous playthroughs since the effort involved is substantial and I'll need to do more planning. So I've decided to flowchart what I need. I started a thread over on the General Computer forum and some nice folks helped me to pick out a good flowcharting program.

So this is my flowchart to make the Carrier Rocket to build up the Dyson Sphere. Pretty impressive, eh? :shock:. Now there's a lot of duplication there, so on my next chart I'll group all the same items (for instance, Copper Ingots) so I can better visualize my production flow assuming I single source each basic resource. It's going to be fun :wink:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So I've gone back to the Carrier Rocket diagram and put as many resource boxes together as I can. Also where an ore just became an ingot, I've deleted the ore box. Same for Energetic Graphite, which is just smelted coal. Where there are more than one middle level assemblies, like the Processor and Graphene, I've combined them and just have more than one arrow leading up to the next process. For instance, the Processor assembly is now linked to the Dyson Sphere Component and the Quantum Chip.

No, seriously, I am having fun with this :D
Last edited by jztemple2 on Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Sounds like the game gets the rocket scientist seal of approval.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:25 pm Sounds like the game gets the rocket scientist seal of approval.
:D Isn't it the truth? My wife thinks I'm weird, but I enjoy the mental exercise.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So I've taken up pencil and scratch paper and decided from which planet the basic resources will come from. We are in the solar system Beta Telescopii and my home world is Beta Telescopii IV. Beta Telescopii III is a gas giant with hydrogen and deuterium. Beta Telescopii I is a lava world with some resources, while Beta Telescopii II is a gobi world* also with some resources but not the same as BT1. I wrote this all out and then with my highlighters I decided from which worlds the resources would come from.

Next step is to decide which planet will make what part. The big decision, which planet will make the final assembly of the Carrier Rocket and launcher to build the Dyson Sphere, goes to Beta Telescopii II (BT2), which has 99% constructable area. BT2 also has lots of copper, silicon and stone and some iron which means it can make a number of the components. Beta Telescopii I (BT1) will contribute titanium and iron ingots but not do any other assembly. Beta Telescopii III (BT3) has hydrogen and deuterium to use but no land on which to put a factory :shock:. And finally my home world of Beta Telescopii IV (BT4) will use its water, crude oil and coal , plus other resources including some imported Titanium ingots, to make mid-level assemblies to ship off to BT2. It is all handily laid out on the following diagram :wink:

*There is no truth to the rumor that if you land anywhere on Beta Telescopii II you'll see a sign that says "Yup, the rest of the planet looks just like this, so you might as well stay here". No truth at all.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I finished my Carrier Rocket production construction :wink: and I'm slowly building my first Dyson Sphere.
Enlarge Image

Now it's time to look at making Green Cubes...
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Peace and love in the galaxy (optionally) comes to an end with the arrival of the dark fog in 2023.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Thanks Coop, appreciate that update as this is one I am looking forward to. It looks worth the wait.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I can't believe I've already put in 165 hours on this game in Early Release. I was going to swear off playing it again, but this new content sounds interesting.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:21 am I can't believe I've already put in 165 hours on this game in Early Release. I was going to swear off playing it again, but this new content sounds interesting.
I've managed to hold off on this for now as I am waiting for it to be closer to done. Don't get too excited, the enemies aren't arriving until next year.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Today, from the devs:
How are you, engineers? It's Dragon Boat Festival here in China, we are writing to you with some dumplings in our dishes!

The combat system is still in production, and the problems we meet are cleared one by one like the dumplings in the dishes - nothing goofing, all time work work.

Recently we are aiming on bringing "changes" to the features. The combat system code has been refactored once, while the framework of the gameplay and the workflow of the system optimization has outlined and discussed. Overall, the system progressing is around 60%.

On the other hand, we are close to the completion of gameplay loop. There are still some difficulties in our mechanics, but we will definitely break through it, just like what we've done in the past. The progressing of the content and resources, overall, has came to 50%. So there are still plenty resources need to be created, maybe you engineers need to wait a li-ttle longer. (But no later than 2023!)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Unagi

Re: Dyson Sphere Program

Post by Unagi »

While I look forward to this update, and I will most likely check it out a bit after they drop it, I am always worried about what -combat- is going to do to my logistics games.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Three conveyor belts have been shot. Guess which ones?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, exactly.

Factorio did combat very well and it gave the game much of its personality and feel. Logistic games do need a bit of a counter-pressure/ resource sink to one's development - but if that's done poorly, it will only be frustrating.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Rise of the Dark Fog FAQ: We hope this helps clarify any doubts you may have
Dear engineers,

The Rise of the Dark Fog update will be released on December 15th.

We have compiled a list of FAQ before its release. We hope this helps clarify any doubts you may have.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

jztemple2 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:52 pm
We hope this helps clarify any doubts you may have.
random anecdotal story not about Dyson Sphere:

I've worked, years ago, with several people who spoke English as a second language. Most of my exposure would be with Indians but I've seen it here and there with many nationalities.

They seem to have been taught that the word 'doubts' is identical to what most Americans would simply call 'questions'. Where as most (I have no data) Americans will generally use the word 'doubts' for questions about the legitimacy/safety/accuracy/honesty of a given topic.

If we told a collector of fine art, "I have some doubts about the painter of this particular painting.", that would generally be the start of an accusation of forgery, not an inquiry into the life-story of the painter.

In any case, like the above - they would use the word 'doubts' where 'questions' would have had far less negative baggage to handle.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Rise of the Dark Fog is Now Available!. See the article for all the changes which are more than just the Dark Fog implementation.