Outriders - Sci-Fi RPG/Shooter

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Outriders - Sci-Fi RPG/Shooter

Post by Daehawk »

Ok I got 2 questions for this one...

1. When I open loot boxes sometimes more than one item will pop out...but after I grab the first item the others are gone. Is it not all my loot or it it choose one only? Ive lost some nice green items here at the start already cause I wasn't paying attention.

2. Is there no way to skip the intro nvidia, warning, and some other screen? Ive renamed the intro splash to something else so the intro movie doesn't play. I tried adding -nosplash to my steam part of it..didn't get rid of the rest.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im stuck on a mission. Im not sure I should be staying in cover sniping or rushing through shooting as I go. Ive tried both ways and still die. If I sit in cover sometimes it feels like more and more enemies just keep pouring into the area. If I rush into them shooting I tend to end up in the area they are rushing into from and getting overwhelmed. I was hoping to run far enough to get to the next check point because i keep dying and having to start all over in the mission. It sucks when you think you've gotten far enough for an auto save to kick in and nothing. I really hate autosaving checkpoints in games like this.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Any opinion on the cover and clear or rush and fight choice?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I only have limited experience with a single character class (Fire); not sure how much that changes things. For the most part, I have found success in attacking from cover, moving to flank and avoid grenades or being pinned down by snipers. I've not really found a situation where the Ghostbusters "get her!" strategy ever works - the enemy is content to overwhelm with ranged weapons while melee units close in for the kill.

Getting overwhelmed usually means you're allowing the enemy to pin you down so they can send melee units in. Here I've needed to use a mix of moving and focusing on medium to short range powers to deal with melee attackers. I actually really enjoy the enemy AI in this game - they do a great job of applying legit tactics to keep you on your toes.

Dying usually happens when I don't prioritize the enemy leaders (other dudes with powers) or there's a mini-boss battle with someone that is power-matched to my level. I think it was the first optional mini-boss fight I had where he'd kill me in like 4 seconds (he was a fire-based boss). I just needed to level up to get more skills, more powers and better gear - same as it ever was in these kind of games.

There's also been lots of situations where having the right weapons (short, medium, long ranges) was critical. Switching to a shotgun or crazy powered pistol when there's close range fighting going on has made a huge difference. Similarly, being able to snipe long-range targets before the enemy can close in to medium/short range has also been a life saver. YMMV.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

For the most part, cover is a trap in the game. It's just a way to get the enemy to throw grenades at you. Outriders is very much a run and gun game. It's also not a great solo game. Though I have played through it with all classes solo so it is doable.

One thing to consider is lowering the world tier. There's not much reason to have it higher until you are max level.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im only at 2.