Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

2021 Laptop Thread

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Kraken

Re: 2021 Laptop Thread

Post by Kraken »

Are there any particular brands that you like/don't like? I remember HP used to be crap, but that was long ago so I don't know if it's still true. Samsung has a bad reputation for appliances, but their TVs and monitors are fine; IDK about their laptops.

Wife likes Lenovo because that's what her employer gave her. I favor Dell because I've owned so many, and I liked all but one of them. But I see many deals on HP, Asus, Samsung, and Acer, among other, less familiar names, and I have no experience with any of those.

Wife is not enthused about reincarnating her Toshiba. I might ultimately fix it anyway and give it to a nephew -- could be a good project for the xmas doldrums -- but it's off the table for now. The hard drive has plenty of space, so it's most likely dying.
hitbyambulance

Re: 2021 Laptop Thread

Post by hitbyambulance »

Kraken wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:04 pm Are there any particular brands that you like/don't like?
they're basically interchangeable imo (probably all manufactured in the exact same Chinese factories)