Days Gone PC ...zombies

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zarathud

Days Gone PC ...zombies

Post by Zarathud »

The first time you miss a single line at a Nero station, you will remember to never do that again. If you live, you will see all the zombies populate that area. And then some extra.

Over time there will be zombies repopulating locations — until you wipe out the area horde. Then they come back slowly unless you make a lot of noise. After a while you’ll know the horde paths and lairs.

Guns you loot are poorly maintained. You will buy better ones at the different camps. You’re never going to be a walking arsenal, and you’ll be dealing with limited ammo the whole game.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Jaymann

Re: Days Gone PC ...zombies

Post by Jaymann »

There is a safe where you can store weapons in your home base on the mountain.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I learned about the speakers at that first nero base. I didn't know about them and they brought in a lot. I cleared it anyways but as it seemed to be the tutorial base I guess it was easy. This one I cant clear to get into because theres a death train right against it. Each time I get close a horde pours out. Two in fact. I did manage to kill off one horde using all my ammo, the explosives in the camp, and lures in my inv and pipe bombs and molotovs. I finally had fast travel back to base as I had nothing to fight with but a board.

That brings up another question....the melee weps. i see a little comparison at the bottom before I decide to pick one up....but does green on damage mean Im using better or the one Im about to pick up is better? I wish it just frakin compared to two separately.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:43 pm This one I cant clear to get into because theres a death train right against it. Each time I get close a horde pours out. Two in fact. I did manage to kill off one horde using all my ammo, the explosives in the camp, and lures in my inv and pipe bombs and molotovs. I finally had fast travel back to base as I had nothing to fight with but a board.
I know exactly where you are - and I died a few times myself trying to deal with it early on, thinking I could - you don't realize just how many of them are packed into those train cars. Eventually I just gave up until I was able to unlock skills that made it much, much easier. There's quite a few spots like that - where you need to gain access to better skills and equipment to try and deal with the hordes. And if you're trying to fight them at night, also a bad idea.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I missed one speaker by those trains. It was bad enough getting by with only one horde. When the train full was summoned, it was nearly impossible.

I eventually found a place to hide after distracting the hordes onto the tracks. That left only a few strings of stragglers to deal with — and eventually I figured out how to pick them off slowly without re-triggering the horde. It was so satisfying to come back with a ton of grenade, napalm and the super sniper rifle to clean them out.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hehe I was on one side of the train and thought Id cleared them all somehow or they had despawned cause it was empty. So I ran through the train and hopped off a rock ledge on the other side onto the road. Big mistake...one of the entire hordes was walking back to the train and I landed in them. LOL
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Fighting those hordes is really the best part of the game. Catch one at the right time, with the right skills/gear, and it’s a satisfying bit of ultra violence. But if you’re not ready, or busy, or overestimate your ability, then it’s scary as hell and—you’re gonna die. That tension makes the game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive gotten good with the pistol and headshots. Ive made it to the 2nd camp..Tuckers I think. Im not going to upgrade it at all....read some online guides and all said skip it..do the first for bike parts then 3rd camp for guns and bikes.

I took my time and cleared all I could of the first map zone I started it. Still lack a few camps. I wish my Xbox could carry more bolts. I have to go search for trees all the time and Im still always out of ammo. I also forgot about skills. I need to see what i can upgrade. Should have lots to do lol.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have a blue bubble on my map..like a hazy marble. its sitting right on the road and if Im in it and start out he will so "Nooo not that way" Its not a blue ? mark. It wont go away and I cant find a damn thing there except 2 ambushers I killed. One on ground and the other was a sniper who is still up in the tree i killed him in.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:04 pm I have a blue bubble on my map..like a hazy marble. its sitting right on the road and if Im in it and start out he will so "Nooo not that way" Its not a blue ? mark. It wont go away and I cant find a damn thing there except 2 ambushers I killed. One on ground and the other was a sniper who is still up in the tree i killed him in.
It's been a while, but I think those are random events - things that spawn on the map. If you go to that circle and wander around inside of it (the area inside the circle) and search you'll find something (a clue) that will lead you to...other things. Sometimes good. Sometimes...not good.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh boy. Maybe someone should tell me about skills..what are the must haves early in game. Could I have never spent a point as far as i can tell. I have 6 or 7 points to spend....Im just at the 2nd cap stuff really.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:16 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:04 pm I have a blue bubble on my map..like a hazy marble. its sitting right on the road and if Im in it and start out he will so "Nooo not that way" Its not a blue ? mark. It wont go away and I cant find a damn thing there except 2 ambushers I killed. One on ground and the other was a sniper who is still up in the tree i killed him in.
It's been a while, but I think those are random events - things that spawn on the map. If you go to that circle and wander around inside of it (the area inside the circle) and search you'll find something (a clue) that will lead you to...other things. Sometimes good. Sometimes...not good.
Don't you have a sixth sense/tracking skill you trigger? You use that to highlight the interesting thing and then inspect it. Then you'll use it to (usually) follow the "trail". So you need to look around within the circle using your sense until you find the starting point. Then just follow the breadcrumbs.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

TheMix wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:58 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:16 pm
Don't you have a sixth sense/tracking skill you trigger? You use that to highlight the interesting thing and then inspect it. Then you'll use it to (usually) follow the "trail". So you need to look around within the circle using your sense until you find the starting point. Then just follow the breadcrumbs.
Aw I wasn't using sixth sense..dangit. Ill have to go back t0 otwo different spots now.

Anyone ever get a railroad icon on map for a whatever the bad guys research place is but go there and its just a small trail in the rocks?..no camp at all? I just found one.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I ran into the first mine ive found. Ran right back out with a horde on me. Right as I killed the horde I died so I had to clear it again. Fun.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:09 pm I ran into the first mine ive found. Ran right back out with a horde on me. Right as I killed the horde I died so I had to clear it again. Fun.
Clearing the hoards is essential in this game it really helps you level up and collect crafting items, money, etc. Also the skill that lets bullets go through multiple enemies is super useful when it comes to killing hoards. So if you haven't unlocked that yet do it ASAP.
FTE
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im mostly using a pistol, a .22 and xbow. I use the .22 cause I bought it and I can refill the ammo at lockers but its got range and lets me headshot stuff. Even better when I grab a oilfilter to silence it. I see other silencers for sale in the store I cant buy yet and they say for bigger guns or off bigger vehicles or something. I never see any semi trucks I can loot.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

1. Bunkers. - They dont seem very special. You get a little piece of the map opened and a locker to refill your ammo and a bunk to sleep in. Sleep is useless that Ive seen unless I want to change from day to night or vice versa. You'd think you could get a special weapon or ammo or a weapon mod or something. I do think I got a new cocktail to make but i dont use them anyways.

2. I think Ive noticed Im collecting stuff I never collected before...that or I never noticed...stuff like cans and saw blades. No idea what they are for yet. Maybe a new type of trap or weapon.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Pretty sure every bunker gives you a new schematic.

They are only useless because you don't build any of the items. I'm pretty sure that I build, and used, everything that I learned.

I don't recall what cans are used for, but I'm pretty sure I use the saw blades with a bat to craft a really nice melee weapon.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Bat Axe
Unlocked after clearing out the Black Crater Ambush Camp and finding the recipe in the bunker under the camp.
Requires 1 Sawblade, 1 Scrap, and 1 Wooden Baseball Bat
Looking through the other craftables, I see bombs, incendiary crossbow bolts, explosive crossbow bolts, melee weapons, and cocktails.

So... while you can ignore the bunkers, I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

Black Lives Matter

Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

That's because there are no semis to loot.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

TheMix wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:27 pm They are only useless because you don't build any of the items. I'm pretty sure that I build, and used, everything that I learned.
Yeah, exactly. It was one of my favorite things about this game - clawing your way to something new and then using it and experiencing a real difference in game play. Eventually you pick your favorites, but I'm pretty sure I used everything at least once to deal with zombies. I genuinely wish I could experience it all for the first time again - so good!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Where do you get pipe bombs and frag grenades? I never see them for sale in the first two camps and I cant make them. I haven't had any in a while now..not sure how I got a couple to start with.

The only stuff to craft is some medical stuff and bolts for my xbow and molotovs.....I see nothing else to make..I just sell all on plants and meat and stuff.

Haven't had the heart to kill deer,,wolves yes as they attack me....the only deer I killed was one I hit accidentally and finished off.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You need to keep playing. Access to some weapons (and/or how to make them) are only unlocked after you complete specific story/plot events.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Cans were land mines. Bottles were Molotov. Jugs were napalm (yes!!!).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:12 pm Cans were land mines. Bottles were Molotov. Jugs were napalm (yes!!!).
But do you craft the F4 Phantom to drop it?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My save screen says 755 days gone. Is there a timer in this game? Or just a immersion thing?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well Im out of new save slots so I just save in whichever one I click.

Also the cook at camp 1 is missing. She wasn't there at night so I slept until morning and she still wasn't there. Either its a bug, shes dead somehow, or she hasn't gotten to her stall yet. But the merchant and bounty girl are both there all the time.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:40 pm My save screen says 755 days gone. Is there a timer in this game? Or just a immersion thing?
It's a placeholder to let you know how many days have passed since the zombie outbreak started.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, the amount of days that have passed since Day Zero, Zero being the day of the Attack.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I ride up to the gate at the Hot Springs camp and hear "I know him. Let him in> as the gate is being opened and the one saying it is the one opening the gate. Guess they just talk to themselves a lot.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This will be hard to say without spoilers so ya may not even know what Im talking about. Nothing new Im sure.

That one person Deac gets in that one town and sends to that one camp......why the hell does he send them there instead of one of the others?? He knows that place and the camps and what they are. Is he that stupid or uncaring .I didn't think so but that choice baffles me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

After 20 tries Im getting VERY DAMNED PISSED at trying t osneak into the 3rd camp.

F it I quit. if it doesn't keep my place tomorrow i may be done. Was fun until the STUPID ASS sneaking parts. This aint Thief this a fuckdamn zombie shooter.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:56 pm After 20 tries Im getting VERY DAMNED PISSED at trying t osneak into the 3rd camp.

F it I quit. if it doesn't keep my place tomorrow i may be done. Was fun until the STUPID ASS sneaking parts. This aint Thief this a fuckdamn zombie shooter.
I remember that taking me a couple of tries. But there is a definite path you should take, maybe look up a guide for it to show you what to do. It's not hard once you get the path down. Also, you're still not at the sweet spot in the game where it really starts to open up and get good.
FTE
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was mad last night . It was bedtime and I was sick of that spot. Ive lost my calm again after all the stuff with my water and it still being almost non usable. Just tired of it all..again. Just not enjoying my games as much either.

EDIT: And I think Im on the right path through the camp. I am on the 2nd leg and i come to a point where I can see the camp leader guy and Deac cusses under his breath at him...that spot is where I keep getting caught..i go one way and that woman in th chair always gets me even if I distract her and i go the other and theres many guards to get me.

Its funny how when I use a rock to distract them they all say "Oh a rock"...weird..I smacked one guy in the head..so kept doing it...6 or 7 rocks later another guy came along and got me while doing it lol.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

When I first discovered the 2nd camp and now the third it shows Ive gained a special appearance for my bike....but I can never find those. Is it not a full package and instead just some new paint colors and decals? If its a full pack and i simply click a tab to apply it all then Im not seeing the tab or button. If its the decals and paint how am i supposed to see enough detail in that tiny pic to figure out what they gave me? I see no new decals..so many paint I cant tell.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Aren't those just paint jobs, mostly for the gas tank? I remember it being in the menu/screens for the mechanic, but I don't remember the exact way to apply them.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I had to look it up...how was i supposed to know to press a button to change from decals to skins?...still dont know the button..ill relook online and in game...dont ever recall it though.

EDIT: Online they all say R2...bah im not using a controller lol...Ill figure it out.

btw heres the top 10 skins. Seems its tank but may also include some other parts or ropes and such colored on your bike.

https://www.thegamer.com/days-gone-best-bike-skins/
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I must have some special version of this game because i started with both Xbows and the skins I have stuff like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sams bike and others from Uncharted and stuff. I went with the blue themed one Runner ...it has cool wolves on it.

Heres a video of all 34 skins. I almost went with Horde. Runner is mine now though.

Careful of the loud intro music in this video.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just did a short little mission where I rode with Iron Mike someplace. Made me realize I wish I had a buddy to be riding this world with like Boozer. Only had him a short time at the start. Im not talking about a biker bud for a mission or two but an AI one that was always with me. Heck even a biker girl like Rekki. Think it would be more fun to have someone who talked to you or maybe suggested things to do or go see or where to loot certain items or anything. Been riding around this game alone for weeks.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:05 am I just did a short little mission where I rode with Iron Mike someplace. Made me realize I wish I had a buddy to be riding this world with like Boozer. Only had him a short time at the start. Im not talking about a biker bud for a mission or two but an AI one that was always with me. Heck even a biker girl like Rekki. Think it would be more fun to have someone who talked to you or maybe suggested things to do or go see or where to loot certain items or anything. Been riding around this game alone for weeks.
Several companions come and go throughout the game. Keep playing. But none are like a full time companion.
FTE