Ubisoft sales

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Jag

Ubisoft sales

Post by Jag »

Ubisoft if having a decent sale right now. Most titles are marked down and there is a code with an extra 20% that ends today. (the same discount you get with the Ubi coins)

Picked up Fenyx Immortals Rising for $23 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint for $7.
Scraper

Re: Ubisoft sales

Post by Scraper »

Fenyx is so worth it at that price point. I paid $50 and I wasn't disappointed. Especially if you like the Ubisoft open world style of game.
FTE
Jag

Post by Jag »

Scraper wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:52 pm Fenyx is so worth it at that price point. I paid $50 and I wasn't disappointed. Especially if you like the Ubisoft open world style of game.
I am enjoying it more than I thought i would given the humor and cartoony look. The only thing I don't love are the really, really long mandatory Vaults. Other than that, it is a great game.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Jag wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:20 pm
Scraper wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:52 pm Fenyx is so worth it at that price point. I paid $50 and I wasn't disappointed. Especially if you like the Ubisoft open world style of game.
I am enjoying it more than I thought i would given the humor and cartoony look. The only thing I don't love are the really, really long mandatory Vaults. Other than that, it is a great game.
Yeah I would agree. But thankfully there aren't very many of those.
FTE
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Jag wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:59 am Ubisoft if having a decent sale right now. Most titles are marked down and there is a code with an extra 20% that ends today. (the same discount you get with the Ubi coins)

I've put over two hundred hours into Ghost Recon Breakpoint, so if you have any questions please post them over in that thread.

I envy you, being able to go through GRB with fresh eyes after all the updates, especially the teammates one.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Jag

Post by Jag »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:04 pm
Jag wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:59 am Ubisoft if having a decent sale right now. Most titles are marked down and there is a code with an extra 20% that ends today. (the same discount you get with the Ubi coins)

I've put over two hundred hours into Ghost Recon Breakpoint, so if you have any questions please post them over in that thread.

I envy you, being able to go through GRB with fresh eyes after all the updates, especially the teammates one.
Thanks. I played the free weekend and enjoyed it enough to buy it but haven't played since I started Fenyx. I played Wildlands and figured this was somewhat similar?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Jag wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:37 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:04 pm

Thanks. I played the free weekend and enjoyed it enough to buy it but haven't played since I started Fenyx. I played Wildlands and figured this was somewhat similar?
Yes, somewhat similar especially since the AI teammates have been added. I'd say the real difference is that unlike in Wildlands, where you were operatives directed and supported by the government, in GRB you and your teammates are stranded on Auroa and are working with local rebels to overthrow the bad guys. And those bad guys have lots of toys to track you down and defend against you. I think the most fun in playing GRB is to role-play your character as needing to scavenge weapons and gear to survive.

For me, the best way to play it is with the Ghost Experience active, with Gear Level disabled and minimal interface info. Also Restricted Bivouacs so you don't magically get a vehicle dropped off at your location. If you need one, steal it! :D
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Story progression is way more structured in Wildlands. I didn't really like the more chaotic way the progression is presented in Breakpoint. Breakpoint was still fun, but the mission board was a distraction from that fun.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:20 am Story progression is way more structured in Wildlands. I didn't really like the more chaotic way the progression is presented in Breakpoint. Breakpoint was still fun, but the mission board was a distraction from that fun.
This. My friend and I tried to start a co-op game in Breakpoint and ended up bailing because we couldn't figure out what was going on. I did go back and play it by myself. So at least I understand what's going on now... somewhat. I think I finished. At least, the only missions I can see now are all DLC. I think. Maybe. I don't really know. It doesn't have a satisfying end like Wildlands.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:20 am Story progression is way more structured in Wildlands. I didn't really like the more chaotic way the progression is presented in Breakpoint. Breakpoint was still fun, but the mission board was a distraction from that fun.
Story isn't a big thing for me. I don't pay much attention anyway since I don't remember names worth a darn; I always have to ask my wife "so, remind me again who that person is" whenever we are watching a murder mystery. The missions are good for telling me what I have to do and I play in Unguided mode so I have to explore. I think the game world is amazingly detailed, more so than in Wildlands, and I almost always proceed on foot from mission to mission unless it is a great distance away.

Jag, I'd say that the most important thing for enjoyment is to not keep trying to compare Breakpoint to Wildlands. As I said, role-play your character and remember that you need to live off what you scavenge. Oh, and don't go breaking into areas unless you are required by a mission to infiltrate there; I ruined a couple of surprises for myself by going through an area just for fun and then hours later I had to repeat all the same steps to break in again.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My computer drags me down in both games. I get some enjoyment from both but the performance is bad and the look is turned down so much the look is bad. So its lose lose for me. I want to play and enjoy them but its tough. One day.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just as an FYI, there's a sale code active now ("LEGEND22") that takes $10 off just about anything you purchase directly through Ubisoft. I managed to snag Assassin's Creed Valhalla for $14 this way; figured I should share.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:08 pm Just as an FYI, there's a sale code active now ("LEGEND22") that takes $10 off just about anything you purchase directly through Ubisoft. I managed to snag Assassin's Creed Valhalla for $14 this way; figured I should share.
Yeah I just bought The Crew 2 Everything edition (forget the actual name< i think MSRP was $100) for my son for $8. Not bad for a game that came out last summer.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was going to try and use it on a $9.99 game and get it free but theres no where to add the code before you add your payment info in and I was afraid to proceed because I have no money in the bank to cover it if I fail at it.

Also dont bother with their price slider to find games at the prices you want. I set it to $10 and it shows nothing. Set it to $20 and it shows some $2.50 - $10...then as I kept setting it higher and higher it was shows more and more under $10.
Last edited by Daehawk on Mon May 23, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Save up to 80% off our legendary games! Plus, use coupon code LEGEND22 to get an extra $10 USD off purchases over $15 USD.
Ends 5/31/2022, 2PM UTC
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:46 pm I was going to try and use it on a $9.99 game and get it free but theres no where to add the code before you add your payment info in and I was afraid to proceed because I have no money in the bank to cover it if I fail at it.

Also dont bother with their price slider to find games at the prices you want. I set it to $10 and it shows nothing. Set it to $20 and it shows some $2.50 - $10...then as I kept setting it higher and higher it was shows more and more under $10.
I had to add it to my cart, then view my cart to see the "Add Promo Code" option. And it is for games priced $15 and above.

I splurged and picked up Far Cry 6.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

splurged and picked up Far Cry 6.
Maybe next month.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:39 pm
Daehawk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:46 pm I was going to try and use it on a $9.99 game and get it free but theres no where to add the code before you add your payment info in and I was afraid to proceed because I have no money in the bank to cover it if I fail at it.

I had to add it to my cart, then view my cart to see the "Add Promo Code" option. And it is for games priced $15 and above.

I splurged and picked up Far Cry 6.
Step 1: find pants that repair vehicles while you’re wearing them

Step 2: steal a tank

Step 3: never leave the tank

Step 4: Profit!
Covfefe!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

UBI sale, everything is like 60-80% off, AND some games can get extra $10 off with LEGEND22 promo code.

So FC5 Ultimate, which is FC5+gold + FCND+gold for $26 - $10 = $16 for two AAA games is NOT bad, but I already have too many games to play. Guess it can wait for the NEXT sale...
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds