Keyboards, keyboards, keyboards

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

WYBaugh

Re: Keyboards, keyboards, keyboards

Post by WYBaugh »

Drop is a good place to check out inexpensive mechanical keyboards. They have 100%, 87%, 65%, 60% and even some 40's.

r/mechmarket is a good place to peruse for a deal if you find one that you like and wouldn't mind getting one used.

Hotswap boards are sweet to allow you to check out all of the various switches. I've finally settled on my four boards...tactile man checking in!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Pretty sure you mean EXPENSIVE keyboards. Drop has some of more expensive keyboards around.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

well now I see whats wrong with my right arrow key. Theres a little plastic cross shaped piece on the underside of each key that 'hugs' the mechanical switches...the right arrow one is half broken off and missing. I cant even glue it to the switch to use it. I totally cannot play anything like this that requires fast movements..the key just rocks back and forth and flys off. I was gonna buy a kb but need to fix my water more.. I guess Ill go dig through my old kbs. I think my last Logitech before this I simply replaced due to weak lighting in it. I found like 5 kbs when rearranging that back room. Kinda sad to put this one away as my wife got it got me in like 2015 or 2016. But I was going to retire it when I built a full new pc anyways. Now if I can find its box. Think I saw that too lol.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:30 pm well now I see whats wrong with my right arrow key. Theres a little plastic cross shaped piece on the underside of each key that 'hugs' the mechanical switches...the right arrow one is half broken off and missing. I cant even glue it to the switch to use it. I totally cannot play anything like this that requires fast movements..the key just rocks back and forth and flys off. I was gonna buy a kb but need to fix my water more.. I guess Ill go dig through my old kbs. I think my last Logitech before this I simply replaced due to weak lighting in it. I found like 5 kbs when rearranging that back room. Kinda sad to put this one away as my wife got it got me in like 2015 or 2016. But I was going to retire it when I built a full new pc anyways. Now if I can find its box. Think I saw that too lol.
For future reference and clarity, doing this to your keyboards = detrimental to durability:
Anonymous Bosch wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:35 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:43 pm Well just gotmad and slammed my kb down and some keys flew off.....which pissedme off so e more and I beat the living shit out ofmykeyboard until it doesnt havea key remaining. Was goi g to clean itupbutky photos of the key placement are on my mechanical drives that i did t put in this old case....so no idea how to repair it if it still worx...pisting off a tablet.

think ill just stsp away for a while..nothi g else works so why shouldthe pc.....so if I dont post thats why...im on a tablet which i also hate to postthis.

Enlarge Image
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:30 pm well now I see whats wrong with my right arrow key. Theres a little plastic cross shaped piece on the underside of each key that 'hugs' the mechanical switches...the right arrow one is half broken off and missing. I cant even glue it to the switch to use it. I totally cannot play anything like this that requires fast movements..the key just rocks back and forth and flys off. I was gonna buy a kb but need to fix my water more.. I guess Ill go dig through my old kbs. I think my last Logitech before this I simply replaced due to weak lighting in it. I found like 5 kbs when rearranging that back room. Kinda sad to put this one away as my wife got it got me in like 2015 or 2016. But I was going to retire it when I built a full new pc anyways. Now if I can find its box. Think I saw that too lol.
Just pull off a rarely used key from elsewhere on the board and swap it with the broken one. You may need to try a few to find one that fits.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Yeah thats a good idea..doh why didn't I think of that. Not all keys are shaped the same on it so will need a rare on and the same size. Might just work though.

And ya that hissy was probably it.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'll check my "stash" of extra keys, there's probably an arrow key here somewhere...
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Montag

Post by Montag »

Just put the any key in it place. :roll:
words
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Montag wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:02 am Just put the any key in it place. :roll:
The keyboard is slightly curved so all keys are different shapes. Even they each have to go on a certain way. Makes for cleaning it a mess when you go to put it back together and you dont know if the key with ' " goes one way or the other until you try it.