Borderlands Next -- Tiny Tina's Wonderlands!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Max Peck

Borderlands Next -- Tiny Tina's Wonderlands!

Post by Max Peck »

Gearbox has a teaser site up for the game they are announcing this week, so presumably this is the "Tiny Tina's Wonderlands" title that was leaked on reddit.

https://bechaoticgreat.com/

The announcement is scheduled for June 10 at 11:00 AM PT / 2:00 PM ET / 7:00 PM BST at the Summer Game Fest kickoff, which will presumably be streamed everywhere.
Last edited by Max Peck on Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Jaddison

Re: Borderlands Next -- Be Chaotic Great!

Post by Jaddison »

you had me at Tiny Tina hopefully with full redonkey donk
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Jaddison wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:23 pm redonkey donk
:naughty:

Badonkadonks

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm
Jaddison wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:23 pm redonkey donk
:naughty:

Badonkadonks
still holding out for redonkey donks in the TT epic
Max Peck

Re: Borderlands Next -- Tiny Tina's Wonderlands!

Post by Max Peck »

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

well it doesn't say Epic exclusive on PC... yet :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Interesting tidbit: It "Tiny Tina" again. That means it is set prior to BL3 (although possibly not in that reality at all, ala her BL2 DLC (which was set in her imagination via a tabletop RPG.)

All I see on it as far as gameplay is that it's Borderlands...like? with more emphasis on melee plus spellcasting abilities.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Hell yes! Im in day one. The lack of Tiny Tina content is probably biggest complaint about BL3.
FTE
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:13 pm well it doesn't say Epic exclusive on PC... yet :P
One can hope that Gearbox wouldn't pull a bait-and-switch, although anything is possible.

Since the teaser video ends with Tina saying "Roll for initiative, suckers!" my initial impression is that this will be a more fully realized version of the Bunkers and Badasses RPG that was the basis for the Borderlands 2 Assault on Dragon Keep DLC.

I didn't catch the actual Summer Game Fest reveal, so I don't know whether they said much about the actual gameplay. I believe they also have a presentation coming up during E3, so one way or another there should be some more information out in the wild soon.

Borderlands gets a fantasy spinoff with Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands

Borderlands’ Tiny Tina is getting her own spinoff game, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Gearbox announced at the Summer Games Fest Kickoff livestream. Gearbox and 2K will launch the fantasy-based shooter in early 2022 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.

In Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, players will build, customize, and control their own characters, and each character can fit into multiple classes. The game will feature the familiar Borderlands gunplay and weaponry with a fantasy setting, letting players blow up dragons with rocket launchers.

Tiny Tina is in charge of her game, and can change the world and setting at will — similar to her D&D-themed expansion for Borderlands 2, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep. Ashly Burch returns to voice Tiny Tina, alongside new cast members Andy Samberg as Captain Valentine, Wanda Sykes as Frette the robot, and Will Arnett as the Dragon Lord himself.

According to Gearbox founder Randy Pitchford, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands has been in and out of development for over 10 years. “For me, bringing actual Borderlands guns to fight dragons, skeletons, goblins, and more in an original fantasy world imagined by the galaxy’s deadliest thirteen-year-old, Tiny Tina, as a new, full-featured AAA video game is a dream come true,” said Pitchford.

According to Gearbox, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is a full-length adventure and includes a campaign, four-player co-op, and endgame content to keep players engaged.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The is my number one game on my list. Heck I barely even have a list anymore but ya this sounds awesome.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm still trying to process that the Assault on Dragon Keep was from 2013. That was...a long time ago. I really enjoyed the hell out of that, so this seems like a no-brainer.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:34 pm The is my number one game on my list. Heck I barely even have a list anymore but ya this sounds awesome.
...and I am tired of Borderlands. 2 was the peak and everything after that has been wholly unnecessary for me. I will see if this is really just more Borderlands with a coat of paint or if there is anything to really differentiate it before I jump in.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well it sounds like you build your own characters. That alone is all I need lol
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Always blows my mind that Ashley Burch does the voices for both Tiny Tiny and Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

So...perfect.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:59 pm
coopasonic wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:13 pm well it doesn't say Epic exclusive on PC... yet :P
One can hope that Gearbox wouldn't pull a bait-and-switch, although anything is possible.
Why you gotta be this way, Gearbox? (Rhetorical question -- they're doing it because Epic is giving them a shit-ton of money for it.)
Q: Which PC storefronts will have Tiny Tina's Wonderlands?

A: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands launches on March 25, 2022 on PC via the Epic Games Store exclusively at launch, and on other PC digital storefronts later in 2022.
IIRC, the timed exclusive for Borderlands 3 was just 6 months, so I think I may be waiting until it comes out on Steam. I do like my virtual trading cards.

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

That trailer has everything I want in a Tiny Tina game. I'm so pumped about this one.
FTE
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah. I think I will find this, and I will make it mine, and I will play it, and stroke it, and I will call it George.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's a littler bare-bones for now, but they have a game guide up.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Did anyone know that a Borderlands movie was coming in 2022? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4978420/?r ... flmg_act_5
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Didn't know when. But knew one was in the works. It's been discussed/mentioned around these parts.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Jaddison wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:03 pm Did anyone know that a Borderlands movie was coming in 2022? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4978420/?r ... flmg_act_5
Not I says me.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Just checked the casting list. A bunch of actors I don't know. So we'll see. A couple that look spot on. But... Kevin Hart as Roland? What the hell? First, way too short. Second, Roland is the straight guy. Why did they get a comedian to play him? Seems like a really odd choice.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I could see Kevin Hart as Claptrap.....more Chris Tucker though. I think Anthony Mackie would be a perfect Roland.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is surprisingly charming
I was having fun with my demo for Tiny Tina's Wonderlands from the start, but things really clicked when I found the "Catatumbo of Discipline." My first legendary weapon was a handheld crossbow that called down devastating AOE lightning strikes on my enemies' noggins every time I scored a headshot, and I loved it. It's a classic Borderlands gun, but with a fantasy twist that does a lot to freshen up a series that's over a decade old at this point.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is a standalone Borderlands spinoff that continues the theme of Borderlands 2's 2014 DLC, Tiny Tina's Assault of Dragon Keep. Instead of a story about one of the usual vault hunters, the action in Wonderlands takes place inside the Borderlands universe's equivalent to Dungeons & Dragons, as played by explosive recurring side character Tiny Tina and friends.

Tina's roleplaying world is an eclectic, kitchen sink high fantasy realm with a distinct look from Borderlands' established Mad Max/space cowboy aesthetic, and the framing sets the comedy to the rhythm of a tabletop group. It's reminiscent of the popular Critical Role web series (which the voice of Tiny Tina, Ashly Burch, happens to have guest-starred in) in a good way.

It's played like a regular Borderlands game, though: Each character has special abilities to work with as they pick up an endless procession of slightly different guns.

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I'm in, bought this a couple of days ago and can't wait two weeks for that release.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I recently picked up BL3 Ultimate since for some reason I never played it even though Ioved 1 & 2. Enjoying it bigly, will be in for TTW when I'm done with it..
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I bounced off BL3 when it was first released, but I revisited it last year and ended up playing something like 350 hours. I pre-ordered Wonderlands just a couple of days ago, so hopefully it'll click from the get-go this time around.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm super excited about this one. I hope it's good as I plan on playing it through with the kiddo.

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Same here. Tina is THA BOMB!!!

…and POP! Goes the Bandit!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I'm dying for this to release. In anticipation, I fired up BL3 a couple of weeks back and have been delving into the DLC I never touched before. But MAN I love Tiny Tina and can't wait for guns's n sorcery. Come on Thursday!
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:52 am Q: Which PC storefronts will have Tiny Tina's Wonderlands?

A: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands launches on March 25, 2022 on PC via the Epic Games Store exclusively at launch, and on other PC digital storefronts later in 2022.
See you all in September... maybe? :(
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Reviews are out and they generally seem to be positive (81 for PC on Metacritic at the moment, based on 54 reviews).

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tiny ... onderlands

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:49 am
Max Peck wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:52 am Q: Which PC storefronts will have Tiny Tina's Wonderlands?

See you all in September... maybe? :(
Yeah, this makes it easy for me to wait. Still have a ton of BL3 left, no gaming time to finish it, and do not want Epic Games Store.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

All I know is that I definitely won't decide to repurchase it on Steam when it's on sale in a year or two, just so that I can get the Steam achievements and trading cards.

:shifty:

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Got Lvl 5 as a Brr-zerker. The first mini-boss killed me twice before I figured it out- ah the good ole days. After an hour found no bugs that I noticed. Game is very well done and the voice acting really is superb.

Time to save some more "peasant asses"! I know many will like the vast number of choices for character customization but not me, I just want to play
Last edited by Jaddison on Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I installed it last night, then went to bed. Because I'm getting old.