Forza Horizon 5

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: Forza Horizon 5

Post by jztemple2 »

This might get me back playing FH5, Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Available March 29
Kick up the dust in Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure, the second expansion coming to Forza Horizon 5 on March 29, 2023.

Are you ready for the ultimate Horizon Rally experience? Today on the Forza Horizon 5 Let’s ¡GO! livestream, our friends at Playground Games introduced the community to the second Forza Horizon 5 expansion that we’re calling Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure, coming on March 29 to Xbox consoles, PC on Windows and Steam, and Cloud Gaming (Beta).

Pack your bags, because we’re driving to an entirely new location: the rugged and biome diverse Sierra Nueva, home to the dustiest and dirtiest races we’ve ever hosted at the Horizon Festival.

Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure is included in the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-ons Bundle, the Premium Edition and Expansions Bundle. It’s also available for standalone purchase at $19.99. Xbox Game Pass members can upgrade to the Premium Add-ons Bundle and enjoy our biggest discount yet with (insert %) off through (insert date). Upgrade today for immediate access to Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels, VIP, Car Pass and Welcome Pack, and you’ll be all set for Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:17 pm This might get me back playing FH5, Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Available March 29
This is now available. An 18GB download on the PC.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I can sorta see what they are going for, but I should just keep play FH4 as I did pay for that.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I will check it out, but I kind of feel like I burned myself out on Forza. In the first few months I was in the top 0.1% on the leaderboard, but that took way too much work.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:52 pm I will check it out, but I kind of feel like I burned myself out on Forza. In the first few months I was in the top 0.1% on the leaderboard, but that took way too much work.
If Rally Adventure had been the first expansion I'd be more enthusiastic, but I kind of burned out myself on the regular gameplay and the Hot Wheels expansion. Still, I have a couple of free hours, I'll set up the wheel/pedals and give it a look.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Oh, and there's also a 22GB update to the main game too.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

A hood camera view of one of my first runs in the new Rally Adventures expansion. This is the Three Hills Horizon Rally.

The expansion is pretty much what you'd expect if you played the main game. Races, events, danger signs, collect stuff, etc. The new feature is that you have a co-driver who makes the calls on the upcoming course changes, and you also get visual clues. Pretty standard stuff if you have played any rally games. And being Forza Horizon, there are few objects you can't just run straight through, so even the off-road rally courses are often constrained by edge walls which are solid to prevent you from just going straight from gate to gate.

I've done a few events on tarmac and off-road. Tarmac is just like before. Off-road pretty much feels like before as well, but you'd expect that. The map isn't very large, in the less than an hour playing I've unlocked six of the twenty areas. So the events will soon be running over the same parts of the map no doubt.

I'll probably play a few more hours on it, but I'm not really seeing anything new to really keep my interest. Still, the rally driving has been fun so I might at least do the expansion campaign events. I'm guessing this is the last expansion for FH5 since FH4 only had two. If that can be confirmed then I can free up a darn lot of SSD space by uninstalling :roll:.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

An in-cockpit view of another FH5 event from the Rally Adventures expansion. This time I'm driving an Audi Quattro in the Reserva Del Carrizo Horizon Rally.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, I played through the intro stuff and started the grind to be the king of rally-land or whatever and quickly lost interest. It's more of the same, but with a co-driver. It might have been interesting to me if I hadn't already played for hundreds of hours including plenty of time on dirt.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter