Forza Horizon 5

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Forza Horizon 5

Post by Isgrimnur »

And there’s always GamePass.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:18 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:11 pm Article from PC Gamer, The fastest cars in Forza Horizon 5. I used my voucher to get the Koenigsegg Jesko 2020 so I could three star some of those speed traps. Sadly, the Jesko looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow :D

I also have the Porsche Taycan Turbo S 2020 which is electric and accelerates like no body's business.

The list, if you are too lazy to click the link :wink:

Koenigsegg One: 1 2015
Koenigsegg Agera RS 2017
Koenigsegg Jesko 2020
Rimac Concept Two 2019
Bugatti Divo 2019
Bugatti Chiron 2018
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport 2011
Hennessey Venom GT 2021
McLaren Speedtail 2019
Porsche Taycan Turbo S 2020
That list is missing the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Forza Edition. If you check speed zone leaderboards, it tops most of them because it is basically glued to the road. The Jesko is ungodly fast, but the Sesto FE handles like an F1 car. I have both, just to be sure. :D I got the Jesko as a story reward and the Sesto from a wheelspin. They each have their roles. I'll have to give the Bugatti Divo a run, got that from a wheelspin too.

The game really wants me to love the Taycan. I've gotten 4 of them now. I gave a couple away as gifts.

I have over 200 unique cars now and I've only purchased 3 or 4.
What's your go-to jump car? Every time I nail a danger sign it turns out you got like 200 more feet on the jump.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Gryndyl wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:00 pm What's your go-to jump car? Every time I nail a danger sign it turns out you got like 200 more feet on the jump.
It really depends on the jump. Off road, I tend to just use the maxed out BMW X5 FE that I use for exploration. If it on road and requires more speed, I'll probably use the Jesko. I try different things, but those two are my go to cars for most everything except speed zones that require better handling. The Jesko can actually be a problem on jumps because of the balance, it can over rotate and fail on landing so sometimes I have to jab the brakes just before launch to keep the nose down.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

New season started this morning and one of the goals was to eliminate two players in The Eliminator (Battle Royale minigame). I played a few rounds without much luck, then I picked a better starting location and got a nice airdrop, took out 5 other players, got the top car available in the event (you start with a VW Beetle (rank 1) -- I ended in an AMG One (rank 10)) and if I had any clue what the finale was going to be, I probably would have won it. I ended up in 4th place.

It was kind of a nice change from wandering the world doing different events and checking boxes.

I now own half the cars in the game 268/536 and have photographed more than half of them (275). I finally caught jzt on the photos!

I think I have pretty much just settling in to playing the new season stuff and maybe messing around a little bit knocking out accolades I am missing. I've basically won or 3 starred everything except drift zones and a handful of story chapters. Remaining accolades relate to those or to more specific stuff like winning a street race in a C class car, or doing this danger sign with this specific car. I haven't decided if I want to go crazy completionist on it. I guess it depends how bored I get.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:29 pm I finally caught jzt on the photos!
I've been away on an anniversary ("Life, the Universe and Everything" edition) trip and now on a Thanksgiving trip (we're actually sitting, killing time reading, in a parking lot rather than show up any earlier than we need to be at the relatives :roll:).

Really, I was continuing to take photos just because I got into the habit on FH4. Racking up endless Accolade points seems somewhat pointless :think: but I'll get back to it after I put in some initial time on Farming Simulator 22.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I hadn't played this for a month or so, partly because I have to move stuff to set up my wheel and pedals. But this evening I said heck, I'd go back to using my X360 controller just for a yuk. I had stopped using the controller due to some arthritis problems, but it's been better lately. Well, the controller felt good, but I decided I didn't feel like trying to find story missions or races or stunts. I just picked out a car I hadn't driven before, switched to cockpit view and just drove it hard. And it was fun :D. I really like just racing around and seeing the sights through the windshield rather than from the chase view. I'll give this more time in the future.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I've played way too much of this game lately (I think I'm just above level 180 now), but it's really enjoyable. Way too much of that "just one more race" feeling for me.

I haven't figured out how to win The Eliminator yet. I've made it to the final race a couple times, but I'm usually either too underpowered or too far from the finish when it starts to make any sort of impact there.
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:39 am I've played way too much of this game lately (I think I'm just above level 180 now), but it's really enjoyable. Way too much of that "just one more race" feeling for me.

I haven't figured out how to win The Eliminator yet. I've made it to the final race a couple times, but I'm usually either too underpowered or too far from the finish when it starts to make any sort of impact there.
I can't remember when the star was added to my level, was it at 200? so I would be like level 260 or something I guess... I have generally just been doing the stuff to get the rewards each season and then waiting for the next season. I did do a little grind to knock out some accolades, mostly just clean laps for Rivals. Last I looked I was in the top 50k players but that was over a week ago so I probably fell off.

On the Eliminator, there is a bit of luck in finding a good drop early. If you can get a tier 3 or 4 car in the first minute or two, then you can grind head to heads to tier 10 and then wait around for the final run. I've only done the final run twice. The first time I had the best car but had no idea what was coming and blasted off in the wrong direction. The second time, I knew what was coming and was in an open space on road with options. It was a tense run butI won by quite a bit. The main key to the whole eliminator is not hitting shit that stops you. :P Shocking I know!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, fell down the list a bit :P

-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Clearly my rank isn't quite as high as I gave myself credit for, either! :liar:
Hodor.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I got a rival request from Coop. I tried several times and managed on one run to get with two seconds of his time, but I was never able to beat him :cry:. I'll have to try to return the request, once I figure out how it works :wink:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:23 am Have my new favorite vehicle, the Mercedes-Benz Racing Truck:

It is overpowered and spins on a dime. Great for generating a lot of points fast, just floor it and spin the wheel occasionally :D
It turns out that the M-B truck is also a great drift car :wink:. I suck at drifting but using my X360 controller and the truck I can three star drift events. Also, I took the truck out into the desert cactus and put together a chain of just over a million skill points. I finally got tired of the spinning around. It did earn me three new cars :D
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:45 pm I got a rival request from Coop. I tried several times and managed on one run to get with two seconds of his time, but I was never able to beat him :cry:. I'll have to try to return the request, once I figure out how it works :wink:
It must be automatic because I didn't intentionally do anything. I am just going around doing clean rivals laps on all the races to check off the accolades. You do pop up as the one I am driving against on occasion. If you want to see me in your rivals list I generally do C class on road and B class on dirt, not for any particular reason except that the lower classes are easier to control to get clean laps and I have cars in those classes that are good enough.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:02 am
jztemple2 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:45 pm I got a rival request from Coop. I tried several times and managed on one run to get with two seconds of his time, but I was never able to beat him :cry:. I'll have to try to return the request, once I figure out how it works :wink:
It must be automatic because I didn't intentionally do anything. I am just going around doing clean rivals laps on all the races to check off the accolades. You do pop up as the one I am driving against on occasion. If you want to see me in your rivals list I generally do C class on road and B class on dirt, not for any particular reason except that the lower classes are easier to control to get clean laps and I have cars in those classes that are good enough.
When I do races I tend to go with C or even D for that reason. My favorite offroad vehicle for events is the Unimog tweaked to D500. Not very fast but grippy in the sand.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It looks like jzt figured out how to beat me in some rivals events. I will be revisiting those this weekend, I promise. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:58 am It looks like jzt figured out how to beat me in some rivals events. I will be revisiting those this weekend, I promise. :D
I stayed up way past my bedtime trying to beat you on the Monthly Rivals event, which uses the same Ferrari in the town. I was lured in to thinking I could beat you with a clean run because on your replay I noticed you got all squirrelly on the first corner, so much so that I could from a standing start catch up to you on your flying lap. But every time I tried to make a clean lap I'd fall behind and then tag a wall. Finally I had a nice clean lap going, a couple of lengths in front of you, but on the last corner I slowed too much to avoid clipping the wall and you inched past me :cry:. I did get a lap marginally faster than yours but I had to clip a wall to do it, hence the "!" on the time.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:58 am It looks like jzt figured out how to beat me in some rivals events. I will be revisiting those this weekend, I promise. :D
I tried beating you in one Rivals event (one up on the volcano) but I had no chance of keeping up with you in that one.

I did beat jzt last night on Festival Gatecrash, though. That was with the stock BMW X5 M, too!
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah that one was a serious pain which is part of why I do C class on road/street courses. S1 is way too fast to do clean laps reliably. If it makes you feel better, I probably did 7 or 8 laps in total to get that, though I am pretty sure it screwed me twice flagging two laps that I am pretty sure were clean. That Ferrari is too fast for that little town.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:36 pm Yeah that one was a serious pain which is part of why I do C class on road/street courses. S1 is way too fast to do clean laps reliably. If it makes you feel better, I probably did 7 or 8 laps in total to get that, though I am pretty sure it screwed me twice flagging two laps that I am pretty sure were clean. That Ferrari is too fast for that little town.
Have you tried using the Jag that you find in one of the barns for street/road racing? I find that car handles surprisingly well for street/road races, as it's fast but not uncontrollably so for an S1 car.
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:35 pm I did beat jzt last night on Festival Gatecrash, though. That was with the stock BMW X5 M, too!
Stock! We don't drive unmodified cars!

I don't know how you guys are prepping your cars. At first I was just auto-upgrading and then maybe tweaking a little bit here and there. I've since learned that others are way better at setups than I am and just look for a setup that matches what I want to do. It's way easier to let someone else do the work and take advantage of it. I'd even be happy to pay a price for using their setups. Like take a small percentage of my winnings and send them to the gearhead that made it all possible. I mean I have $22 million in the bank (and still have the car voucher) and hardly a need for it anyway.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I have modified 0 of my cars. :lol: :lol:
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:39 pm
coopasonic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:36 pm Yeah that one was a serious pain which is part of why I do C class on road/street courses. S1 is way too fast to do clean laps reliably. If it makes you feel better, I probably did 7 or 8 laps in total to get that, though I am pretty sure it screwed me twice flagging two laps that I am pretty sure were clean. That Ferrari is too fast for that little town.
Have you tried using the Jag that you find in one of the barns for street/road racing? I find that car handles surprisingly well for street/road races, as it's fast but not uncontrollably so for an S1 car.
I do have a Jag that I use a lot, I think when I am restricted to GT cars, but I couldn't tell you which one or where I got it off hand. I think I have mentioned in this thread before, the real magic is the Lambo Sesto Elemento Forza Edition that is just insane. It's like the tires have glue on them. I've driven a few other cars like that, where the braking line is hardly even necessary, they just fly through turns marked red.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:43 pm I have modified 0 of my cars. :lol: :lol:
Dude. If you start downloading setups you'll probably go up two difficulty levels.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:46 pm
pr0ner wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:43 pm I have modified 0 of my cars. :lol: :lol:
Dude. If you start downloading setups you'll probably go up two difficulty levels.
I can see how that might be. "Average" is too easy for me, and "Above Average" totally depends on the race (some are a breeze, others are not). Maybe I should look into doing some modding...

Also, the Jag I'm thinking of is the 1991 Jaguar XJR-15 Sport.
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I generally race at Highly Skilled and normally win with a decent margin as long as I have a car with a good setup. Based on the trouble, you've given me on some Rivals with fixed cars, pr0ner, I am pretty sure you're better than me. jzt has set some times that are annoying me too, but I am more focused on accolades than Rivals at the moment. I broke 700k this morning and, as of a few minutes ago, there are only 22,816 drivers who have wasted more of their lives on this game than me at this moment... to put that in perspective, there are around 2 million players in the hall of fame and over 13 million on the leaderboard in total.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've finally gotten all roads in FH5... what, no new car? Just an emote? :roll:

I'm really enjoying the challenge of the friends/rivals. I'm playing around with upgrades on different classes of cars to get ones that suit the track or course on which I'm challenging. That's why I'm not going after proner on that weekly challenge where both have to use the same given car. No fun if I can't try it with different cars and upgrades.

I haven't gotten into custom tuning very much. I did a lot of that on an earlier Forza Motorsport but in the end it was a lot of time spent for not much satisfaction.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I can't beat coop on the Festival Drag Strip :cry:. I don't have a Lambo Diablo to test against him. I did use another Lambo with really good specs, did upgrades, tuning and still can't get within two seconds :roll:. Must get a Diablo...
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:21 pm I can't beat coop on the Festival Drag Strip :cry:. I don't have a Lambo Diablo to test against him. I did use another Lambo with really good specs, did upgrades, tuning and still can't get within two seconds :roll:. Must get a Diablo...
I needed a top 5% time for a S2 Rivals board. Drag Race was the easiest way to do that. FYI, the Diablo GTR is unlocked from the Mastery Tree of the Diablo SV.

Now (well as of 15 minutes ago) there are only 18,332 players that are more obsessive than I am. :D

I was going through Accolades and saw there was one for buying 150 cars at the Auto Show... that one may take a while. I was surprised to see that I was already over 50 on that one.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:26 pm I was going through Accolades and saw there was one for buying 150 cars at the Auto Show... that one may take a while. I was surprised to see that I was already over 50 on that one.
Hmm, I hadn't even bought a single one there yet. Since I have over two hundred cars, most of which I haven't done much with, I wasn't in a hurry. And annoyingly I've been gifted several cars over the weekend, but each has been one I've already owned.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:56 pm I generally race at Highly Skilled and normally win with a decent margin as long as I have a car with a good setup. Based on the trouble, you've given me on some Rivals with fixed cars, pr0ner, I am pretty sure you're better than me. jzt has set some times that are annoying me too, but I am more focused on accolades than Rivals at the moment. I broke 700k this morning and, as of a few minutes ago, there are only 22,816 drivers who have wasted more of their lives on this game than me at this moment... to put that in perspective, there are around 2 million players in the hall of fame and over 13 million on the leaderboard in total.
I upgraded my X5 to B700 with whatever the auto upgrade is, but that's it. Everything else is still stock. I don't think I'm *that* good a driver, but some courses definitely fit my eye a lot better than others (I can win some races easily on unbeatable when doing seasons stuff and struggle badly on others).

Also what happened to you on the train race rivals drive? I saw your time wasn't flagged but also watched your car slam into the tunnel on my first run and it floored me so much I then drove into a wall in the tunnel.
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

pr0ner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:17 pm Also what happened to you on the train race rivals drive? I saw your time wasn't flagged but also watched your car slam into the tunnel on my first run and it floored me so much I then drove into a wall in the tunnel.
I think it was bugged. That scaffolding isn't supposed to stop you but it stopped me dead. After you beat me (by ELEVEN SECONDS!!!) I went back and made another run, but I couldn't beat you. Ended up within a second, but still behind.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For the first time I actually concentrated on getting Season Progress points and managed to get the two cars on offer at 25 and 45 points. There's no way I'm going to get to the max of 68 points, but I'll probably keep going for the odd Forzathon points. I did already buy the Speedtail on offer.

I'm getting a bit burned out so I think I'll step away from FH5 till the new season launches midweek.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I pretty much do all the season stuff when it releases on Thursday and then wait and do the daily stuff at the end of the season. I've never gotten all of the points, though it looks like this season will be the first time, which then makes me think about maxing out the series as well. That's a month long commitment and new games are coming so it may not happen.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:49 pm
pr0ner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:17 pm Also what happened to you on the train race rivals drive? I saw your time wasn't flagged but also watched your car slam into the tunnel on my first run and it floored me so much I then drove into a wall in the tunnel.
I think it was bugged. That scaffolding isn't supposed to stop you but it stopped me dead. After you beat me (by ELEVEN SECONDS!!!) I went back and made another run, but I couldn't beat you. Ended up within a second, but still behind.
Haha, well, when you slam into an invisible wall and come to a complete stop, it's not too hard to get way in front of you!

That being said, what a strange bug to encounter.

On a side note, what's the best car to use to 3 star the off-road speed traps? I have them all 2 starred but 3 stars just isn't happening for some of them. Am willing to mod accordingly to get this done.
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I think I used the BMW X5 M (from the VIP pack) boosted to X999 for most of those except for a specific one that is in the middle of water, I needed a high stance car for that, forget the car I used though.

I'd think any of the high end rally or offroad cars, fully kitted would handle most of them easily enough. You can look at the leaderboards for the speed trap though the top entries are almost always glitches so you might want to scroll down to some more reasonable results.

I broke into the top 15k on the leaderboard at lunch today. It is starting to be a bit of a grind though, as Idid all the road racing accolades and now am working through street racing ones, like "win a street race in this specific car" giving a car I don't own or haven't used so I want to upgrade it. I've spent 12 million over the past day or so on that stuff. I only have 10 million left, whatever shall I do! I still have all the dirt and offroad accolades to do! Closing in on 500 cars! :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Yeah, I did notice that one speed trap in the middle of a river down in the jungle, and did a "WTF" when trying to figure out how to 3 star it. Will definitely look into a high stance car of some sort for that.
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

And maybe wait until Thursday to go after it. The wet season may not be the best time. :)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:07 pm And maybe wait until Thursday to go after it. The wet season may not be the best time. :)
The issue is that the car needed for one of the season's challenges is given out for free for getting 3 stars on all the speed traps which is why I was doing it!
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

In that case, good luck!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm trying to get the accolade "I Heart Road Racing (Complete all Road Races)". I've used the filter on the map to identify the Road Races and I've completed all of them, at least looking at the check marks. But I'm not getting that accolade. Is there something I'm missing for that accolade?

Nevermind, I found the missing event, it was hidden under the "Goliath" icon :roll:

Also, I completed the Seasonal Event "Winner Winner", racing against unbeatable AI :shock:. Luckily the guy racing with me was always first, since I was either seventh or last :roll:.