Giga Terraforming Mars

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Montag

Giga Terraforming Mars

Post by Montag »

I did not realize how much user created content is out there for Terraforming Mars. There is Giga Terraforming Mars that brings several of them together with a pretty slick game board. For giggles, I am looking what it would take to get all the bits for this. Looks like about $120 for a large neoprene matte through Contrado. Playing cards seem to be maybe $180 for ~ 800 cards and easy to get through Make Playing Cards. I still have to look at custom cardboard, and from what I read this may be the most expensive part.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/229392 ... thfinder-b
words
LordMortis

Re: Giga Terraforming Mars

Post by LordMortis »

Wow.

I'm curious about the tech you need to build the game. Also if the tech is out there to build the game, I'm curious about Fryxgames tacit allowing this to happen.
Montag

Re: Giga Terraforming Mars

Post by Montag »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:31 am Wow.

I'm curious about the tech you need to build the game. Also if the tech is out there to build the game, I'm curious about Fryxgames tacit allowing this to happen.
This is very much in the open. At one point, someone cited there was a picture of a Fryxgames office with the Giga map on the wall. I am exploring the build aspects now. MakePlayingCards.com is likey the best for the cards. Contrado.com is best for a neoprene mat. PrintPlayGames for the tiles - although they will be slightly undersized.
words