Multiple Monitor Gaming

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

dobberhd

Multiple Monitor Gaming

Post by dobberhd »

I recently was given extra monitors and now have three on my desk all 1080p.

Any suggestions for games that would span all three? I've tinkered, but haven't found anything worthwhile yet. Civ 6 keeps crashing when I try. I also got my son setup with three monitors, so bonus if there is a coop game.
Anonymous Bosch

Re: Multiple Monitor Gaming

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

dobberhd wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:21 am I recently was given extra monitors and now have three on my desk all 1080p.

Any suggestions for games that would span all three? I've tinkered, but haven't found anything worthwhile yet. Civ 6 keeps crashing when I try. I also got my son setup with three monitors, so bonus if there is a coop game.
The following write-up from Lifehacker is somewhat old, but may still be of use. If nothing else, the Wide Screen Gaming Forum they link to below remains a helpful resource (PCGamingWiki.com also provides a useful list of games with multi-monitor support):

How to Set Up Triple Monitors for Super-Widescreen Gaming (and Work)
lifehacker.com wrote:Before you do anything—and especially before you start spending money, find out if your favorite games support three-panel gaming. Some games do right out of the box, while others will use your primary display and ignore the others. Titles like Battlefield 4, Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, GRID Autosport, Elite: Dangerous, all support three monitors with little additional configuration, you just have to group them first (more on how to do that later.) The Wide Screen Gaming Forum keeps a database of Eyefinity and Surround-capable games here you can search for your favorite titles before you go and buy a second or third display.

Even if your favorite game isn't in that list though doesn't mean it won't work, though. The list only contains games verified to work with multiple panels, so newly released games may not be included yet, and games that require tweaks like third-party mods or FOV (field of view) hacks won't show up either. Do your homework—odds are someone's managed to make your favorite game work. Even if they haven't, there are plenty of other games to choose from.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Kasey Chang

Re: Multiple Monitor Gaming

Post by Kasey Chang »

I tried it with Grid AutoSport but didn't like it.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds