In need of a video card...will trade

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Daehawk

In need of a video card...will trade

Post by Daehawk »

I have $75 in Home Depot store credit. Its on a card. I think it may be linked to my ID though. Not sure how they do things. Last time I used some on it they asked me for my ID though. But I could purchase the $75 item you want and mail that to you in trade for a video card. I mean unless it weighs a ton :) My GTX 950 died that was a gift from a fellow OOr many years ago when another card died.

Im using a GTX 260 895 MEG card from 2008 to limp along with. I need something to play games on. My PC is all I have to keep from going mad....madder? insane? :) So I really am in need of one.

Hoping someone that upgraded recently might want to trade their old one off to me. Im not looking to resell to make money in these times. I need a card badly. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: OR I could use my store credit to buy a HD gift card..duh...stupid me..didn't think of that. I have $74.76 I think it is in store credit.

So if you have a spare and would like to get something for it and know it goes to someone in need of it then gimmi a shout. I know I cant get a great card but would want it to be at least as good as my old 950 if I can get one. It barely played stuff from the last few years and wouldn't play Cyberpunk 2077 at all. So dont want to go backwards if it can be helped. Thanks.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Alefroth

Re: In need of a video card...will trade

Post by Alefroth »

I wonder if you could find a local trade on Craigslist or something for your PS4.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I looked in my pile o' parts and I don't have anything that would be equal to or close to the 950, sorry. All my spare stuff is old. I should probably toss it at this point.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i think i have a reasonably decent card that has visual artifacts - probably in need of a solder reflow. if you want to use your oven to try that, you can.

https://lifehacker.com/save-a-dying-vid ... en-5823227
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Best card I have laying around is a GTX 760.
Yours if you want it.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok lets see.

1. I did check Craigslist and FacebookMarket. Im not willing to part with my PS4 as that may be what Im left to use for a while if my PC kicks the bucket fully. I saw 1070s for $2000 hehe...FBM has some good prices if legit for like 1060 and 1070 for $225 and $335 or so. These are just numbers Im recalling from looking yesterday. SO nothing there for me right now.

2. Smoove - Thanks for checking. No worries. Im lucky I hoard my old parts or I wouldn't have this 260 now.

3. I have seen that oven thing done and could try that but I really dont want to use my home depot credit on a chance. Its my only way of paying for something right now you see. So dont want to chance it that way. Yet anyways.

4. A 760 is not much back from my 950..before it I had a 770 myself. But again Id rather hang onto the store credit in case I can get a better card somehow.

Ill keep all these offers in mind as this next week rolls in. I got in touch with someone local that may have an old card but they wont be back until next week. Ill see what they have if anything.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:24 pm 4. A 760 is not much back from my 950..before it I had a 770 myself. But again Id rather hang onto the store credit in case I can get a better card somehow.
I dont want anything for it.
If it helps you get by until you can get something better, it's yours.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Seems a video card isn't the final fix for a 11 year old system thats on 24/7. I get the feeling its just old tired and dried out lol. Its blue screening and locking up randomly now with a looping Brrzzzzzzzzz sound. Its over the hill and I need to find some money somewhere. Im eyeing me and my late wife's memories. :(
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

stimpy wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:25 pm Best card I have laying around is a GTX 760.
Yours if you want it.
That’s what I’m currently running in my system. Been trying to upgrade for two years! I guess I haven’t fully accepted the new reality of super expensive GPU’s yet.