Two new routers and a motherboard

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Jaymon

Two new routers and a motherboard

Post by Jaymon »

Would you like some cheap stuff because I am not as smart as I think?

I have 2 Asus RT-AC65 (AC1750) Dual band routers. Amazon ASUS They were "used" for a few hours while I tried setting up a mesh network, before I realized they are not mesh compatible. So now they are back to factory reset, except they have the most current firmware. I'm selling these for $40 each

I have one Gigabyte H370 HD3 motherboard Amazon Gigabyte it was sort of used? I tried to get it set up for several frustrating hours before realizing it was not compatible with my CPU/RAM configuration. Never got beyond post, because I didn't use the partpicker website (stupid stupid jaymon). Its been sitting on my shelf for about 2 years since then. If you want this, its $15 to cover shipping.

Alternately, in the trade department, my kids want a free standing podcast/streamer style microphone for PC, so they can do their minecraft videos or whatever. Also looking for team fortress 2 action figures, zelda games on DS, and pre-painted D&D minis.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Isgrimnur

Re: Two new routers and a motherboard

Post by Isgrimnur »

Was there no compatibility with the Asus AiMesh series?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Two turn tables and a microphone
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I think I have an older microphone lying around, I'll try to dig it up. You may need to provide a stand/arm though. Let me see if I can find it.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
JCC

Post by JCC »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:27 pm Was there no compatibility with the Asus AiMesh series?
No the AC65 (and AC66 which I owned) were old and didn't get that support. I have two AC68/1900 models that I use for AI mesh and it works very nicely. In my current house my 2nd router is hard wired to the first which is awesome (and required since my 2nd floor has a tiled floor which apparently is Kryptonite to WiFi).

Edit to add that after I gave up on my AC66 it looks like at least one version of it was finally bestowed AI mesh support. It certainly didn't have it some years ago when I upgraded to my 68's.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

yeah the AC65 certainly looks like it would have AIMesh support. Visually nearly identical to the router I already have. But alas, I didn't study the fine print, and it does not have the mesh.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.