Thinking of dumping my car... Thoughts?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

The Meal

Re: Hi guys! Horrible day

Post by The Meal »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:46 pm Be glad the infection didn’t turn septic or blister. I had a leg infection last year that I initially thought was COVID-19. By the time I got the negative test and visited a clinic, it was bad enough to put me in hospital for 5 days. I was on penicillin for over 3 weeks, and developed an allergy. My leg still has marks, and it will be years, if it returns to normal coloration.

Skipping medical treatment is a bad option.
$iljanus's wife saved my life one time.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

The Meal wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:39 pm
Zarathud wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:46 pm Be glad the infection didn’t turn septic or blister. I had a leg infection last year that I initially thought was COVID-19. By the time I got the negative test and visited a clinic, it was bad enough to put me in hospital for 5 days. I was on penicillin for over 3 weeks, and developed an allergy. My leg still has marks, and it will be years, if it returns to normal coloration.

Not sure if sarcasm...
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

It's not, but somehow I never posted the story on OO‽
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The Meal wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:49 am
:shock:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Interrobang!

Also: Drazzil, seriously consider having someone check out your taint. Ideally a medical professional and not a customer, to clarify.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Was fully expecting this instead of the actual - :D
Drazzil wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:02 pm I had a great day today. My manager called me "a person of high quality", so that boosted my confidence in our relationship enough for me to ask him if he wouldn't mind taking a quick peek at my infected taint scratch since it's pretty hard for me to see well for obvious reasons. The day took a pretty severe turn for the worse after that. Dude totally overreacted IMO. It's just biology, people! Get over yourselves with your queasy, green-faced dramatic faces and your fainting!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:58 am Interrobang!

Also: Drazzil, seriously consider having someone check out your taint. Ideally a medical professional and not a customer, to clarify.
Is poking at it with a Jalapeño Cream Cheese Taquito no longer the standard of care?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:58 am Ideally a medical professional and not a customer, to clarify.
*preemptively blocks images on OO for the next few days*
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
malchior

Post by malchior »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:20 am Was fully expecting this instead of the actual - :D
Drazzil wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:02 pm I had a great day today. My manager called me "a person of high quality", so that boosted my confidence in our relationship enough for me to ask him if he wouldn't mind taking a quick peek at my infected taint scratch since it's pretty hard for me to see well for obvious reasons. The day took a pretty severe turn for the worse after that. Dude totally overreacted IMO. It's just biology, people! Get over yourselves with your queasy, green-faced dramatic faces and your fainting!
:vomit noises:
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Meal wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:39 pm

I don’t remember the details so you’ll have to refresh but I’m happy I married a doctor! :D (oh and glad she was able to help!)

Was going to post a Ted Nugent song reference in relation to Drazzil’s exploding taint troubles but as I read the lyrics the whole cyst situation in the context of Cat Scratch Fever the song just weirded me out too much…
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Why not? You could grab a slurpee and help get to the bottom of things.
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Would you like a sack with that moon pie?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:50 pm Why not? You could grab a slurpee and help get to the bottom of things.
Anyone else remember when Slurpees contained a prize under a false-bottom underneath the cup?
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you were a victim of sexual harassment.
He won. Period.
naednek

Post by naednek »

The Meal wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:49 am It's not, but somehow I never posted the story on OO‽
Is this going to beat your brother in law's story?
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

No chance. It wouldn't crack his top twenty stories.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I still think the #1 story on OO is the diarrhea in the server room.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

My stories aren't nearly as intresting.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:11 pm My stories aren't nearly as intresting.
“Taint-splosion at the 7-11” is trending though.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:23 pm Yeah, I'm pretty sure you were a victim of sexual harassment.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Re: Hi guys! I've been traded!

Post by Drazzil »

So apparently the store at which I have worked for a scant two and a half weeks seems to have its hour allocation cut back by a lot. As a result I either had to have my hours slashed or move to another store. The store to which I was transferred to has a manager who is "Thrilled" to have me. My primary interviewer. I was repeatedly assured that it was not a me thing. Had a short text check in which I was told that the manger of new store is thrilled to have me. Hours, schedule and full time status are supposedly unchanged. Also new store has much more potential for OT.

Not sure what went on here. If the new store doesn't work out I already have a strong lead and an interview for a fallback struggle job planned for tomorrow.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:34 pm I was repeatedly assured that it was not a me thing.
Ummm, did you ask them this repeatedly or did they just keep saying it without you prompting the question?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:03 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:34 pm I was repeatedly assured that it was not a me thing.
Ummm, did you ask them this repeatedly or did they just keep saying it without you prompting the question?
Well Maybe a little of column A and a little of column B. They said it once and then that made me wonder. heh heh. No write ups or anything, not even any verbal's. And as I'm told that a few others are going as well.

I think if they really didn't like me they could just reduce my hours to zero or outright shit can me. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Just start off with a positive attitude and take it from there.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Is this store closer?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:34 pm So apparently the store at which I have worked for a scant two and a half weeks seems to have its hour allocation cut back by a lot. As a result I either had to have my hours slashed or move to another store. The store to which I was transferred to has a manager who is "Thrilled" to have me. My primary interviewer. I was repeatedly assured that it was not a me thing. Had a short text check in which I was told that the manger of new store is thrilled to have me. Hours, schedule and full time status are supposedly unchanged. Also new store has much more potential for OT.

Not sure what went on here. If the new store doesn't work out I already have a strong lead and an interview for a fallback struggle job planned for tomorrow.
That's all weird to me. But I guess I always assumed Southland franchised all of their stores.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

hepcat wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:50 pm

Why not? You could grab a slurpee and help get to the bottom of things.
Are we sure his transfer has nothing to do with him asking customers to check out his taint?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm just concerned that Drazzil is ending every transaction with:

"That will be 7 dollars for the hot pockets and the chips. Have a nice day. Capitalism will fall and the streets will run red with the blood of the elite."
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

hepcat wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:53 am I'm just concerned that Drazzil is ending every transaction with:

"That will be 7 dollars for the hot pockets and the chips. Have a nice day. Capitalism will fall and the streets will run red with the blood of the elite."
:D :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

hepcat wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:53 am I'm just concerned that Drazzil is ending every transaction with:

While wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:23 am Is this store closer?
Yep.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:33 am
Drazzil wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:34 pm So apparently the store at which I have worked for a scant two and a half weeks seems to have its hour allocation cut back by a lot. As a result I either had to have my hours slashed or move to another store. The store to which I was transferred to has a manager who is "Thrilled" to have me. My primary interviewer. I was repeatedly assured that it was not a me thing. Had a short text check in which I was told that the manger of new store is thrilled to have me. Hours, schedule and full time status are supposedly unchanged. Also new store has much more potential for OT.

That's all weird to me. But I guess I always assumed Southland franchised all of their stores.
Nope. I'm a corporate employee. 7-11 directly employs me.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I was at Walgreens today, using my sister's discount card. The cashier asked me to offer her some hours at that store if she needs extra time. My sister works at a store an hour away. She's a manager, though, with more than 30 years with the company.

I think your hand as a retail employee will never be higher than it is right now.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yes, but did they get a Colin Firth in the trade?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jeff V wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:04 pm I was at Walgreens today, using my sister's discount card. The cashier asked me to offer her some hours at that store if she needs extra time. My sister works at a store an hour away. She's a manager, though, with more than 30 years with the company.

I think your hand as a retail employee will never be higher than it is right now.
Hopefully I won't be a retail employee much longer.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I was near the store to which I will report to work on business. I decided to stop in, in the morning. I walked in and was immediately recognized. I told them I was doing a test commute for an idea of what to expect on Friday. I talked with the store and they all seemed thrilled to meet me. We discussed the issues that the store was having. I made some tentative suggestions but mgr was already three steps ahead of me, which is cool. Its gonna be fun doing overtime for the things I avoided buying for the last three years.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Drazzil wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:48 am We discussed the issues that the store was having. I made some tentative suggestions but mgr was already three steps ahead of me, which is cool.
I'm going to give you some free advice - advice that was provided to me early on in my career that I've found to be extremely useful.
Never take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.
In my case, it was over a literal fence and a property dispute, but in the bigger picture it's an excellent way to think about starting a new job. You must resist the urge to jump in and immediately start changing things that you think are wrong or inefficient or just downright pointless. The job you're about to start is functioning in a very specific way for very specific reasons. Until you understand the hows and whys of what you're experiencing, it might not only cause administrative problems if you start changing everything, but it could also potentially rankle people - the people that helped create the system you're now trying to modify.

To be clear, it's excellent to listen to your future coworkers and to ask them about what they like, don't like, etc... -- just don't offer solutions quite yet. Get to understand what's going on before you try to modify the working environment.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I also learned that lesson very early on in my career (late 90’s?)

Young whippersnapper gets hired at a startup (ish) of maybe 8-9 people. Within a week submits a written report/summary of how to improve things. (Maybe it wasn’t that much on the nose, but close).

Thankfully the owners, my bosses, were more amused than pissed. Could have easily gone the other way.

A few years ago as I was clearing out my digital files clutter, I came across that document, physically cringed as I read it, and decided to keep it as a reminder.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The consulting firm I work at hired a young guy about 15 years ago. He lasted about a week. The first thing he did was to tell one of the senior consultants everything he thought he was doing wrong.

Of course, the fact that he'd asked me to copy a drive from his old workplace to a new one was a no no as well. And the personal external drive that he gave me to copy to his new computer was, and I shit you not, at least 60 percent hardcore porn videos. Did he not realize that the names of files being copied are displayed during the transfer? :?
He won. Period.