Thinking of dumping my car... Thoughts?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Freyland

Re: Daylight Robberies, shootings, and COVID

Post by Freyland »

hepcat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:26 pm In all seriousness, I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the new job.
+1. Lot more positive vibe in your posts these days.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

There’s a benefit to interacting with people again.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:37 am There’s a benefit to interacting with people again.
Well, they're less likely to scratch your taint. Generally.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

A new 7-11 opened in our neighborhood earlier this year. It's actually really nice, all new construction and very clean. The kids love going in there and picking out treats.

If only I could transfer my ~30K Speedy Rewards points from Speedway.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:07 am If only I could transfer my ~30K Speedy Rewards points from Speedway.
Hey, that's about how many Speedy Rewards points I have, even as they often don't seem to tally when I'm pumping gas and it's just not worth the effort to ask for a do over. All said and done that's about $15 back over the course of what six years worth of fill ups? One day I will cash in. One day...
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

What I do need is for Drazzil to get corporate to fix the issue where every time I drop by a store for one of my beloved coke slushees, THAT'S THE ONLY GODDAMN FLAVOR THAT'S NOT WORKING. Seriously, who's taint I gotta rub to get a consistently working coke slushee machine?
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:05 am What I do need is for Drazzil to get corporate to fix the issue where every time I drop by a store for one of my beloved coke slushees, THAT'S THE ONLY GODDAMN FLAVOR THAT'S NOT WORKING. Seriously, who's taint I gotta rub to get a consistently working coke slushee machine?
They gotta cycle. You just need to go to a big enough 7-11 that they have two Coke Slurpee's running. (Your not knowing what a Slurpee is suggests to me you are an imposter and don't really go to 7-11). The big danger to Slurpee lovers is if they want a "diet" Slurpee. The diet syrup just eats through gaskets and then you do have machines not working all of the time.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I usually call them coke icees because that's what I grew up with. We didn't have 7-11's back then/back there. So my not knowing the correct name does not in ANY WAY lessen my love of frozen coke technology. HOW DARE YOU insinuate as much. My dear man, if I didn't feel sympathy for your plight as a person who doesn't find Patton Oswalt funny, I'd ask you to meet me at dawn for a sissy fight complete with open palm slapping and some light hair pulling.

Harumph!

p.s. On more than one occasion, I've encountered not one BUT TWO frozen coke dispensers out of service on a visit. Now, either 7-11 corporate hates me, or it's God punishing me for something I'm not aware of/won't admit to.
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:47 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:07 am If only I could transfer my ~30K Speedy Rewards points from Speedway.
Hey, that's about how many Speedy Rewards points I have, even as they often don't seem to tally when I'm pumping gas and it's just not worth the effort to ask for a do over. All said and done that's about $15 back over the course of what six years worth of fill ups? One day I will cash in. One day...
Looks like just under $30 if used for gift cards. But also looks like around 25 cheese nachos.

(There was Speedway across the street from the bar I frequented for 15 years, and many of those years I smoked. Speedway sells cigarettes. You can do the math.)
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:17 am But also looks like around 25 cheese nachos...
one order for each of us at the next Octocon!

<I'll share with your kids. I'm a nice guy. plus, your daughter can beat me up>
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:14 am I usually call them coke icees because that's what I grew up with. We didn't have 7-11's back then/back there. So my not knowing the correct name does not in ANY WAY lessen my love of frozen coke technology. HOW DARE YOU insinuate as much. My dear man, if I didn't feel sympathy for your plight as a person who doesn't find Patton Oswalt funny, I'd ask you to meet me at dawn for a sissy fight complete with open palm slapping and some light hair pulling.

Harumph!

p.s. On more than one occasion, I've encountered not one BUT TWO frozen coke dispensers out of service on a visit. Now, either 7-11 corporate hates me, or it's God punishing me for something I'm not aware of/won't admit to.
I'd go with the God option. The whole idea of having two Cokes and two cherries is so one of each is always running, short of non stop use.

Also, no hair pulling. I'm getting more than I little thin (in the hair department anyway) and I'm not ready to move on to head shaving yet.

Speaking Slurpee and Speedway. They do $.99 any size frozen drinks over the summer. I discovered that I get brain freeze from even a time amount of slush nor even nearly frozen syrup water. So sad. My sinus cavities must be FUBAR or something. Getting old can eat my ass.
(There was Speedway across the street from the bar I frequented for 15 years, and many of those years I smoked. Speedway sells cigarettes. You can do the math.)
They said after five years it'd be like you never smoked at all. It's been well over five years and I could take to smoking today like I quit yesterday. Friggen' addict.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think after 2 years I could take or leave it when it came to cigarettes. A few times at conventions when I was drinking I would bum a cigarette off someone in a bar. But I don't even do that anymore. And even then, I would stop after one or two without a problem.
He won. Period.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:05 am What I do need is for Drazzil to get corporate to fix the issue where every time I drop by a store for one of my beloved coke slushees, THAT'S THE ONLY GODDAMN FLAVOR THAT'S NOT WORKING. Seriously, who's taint I gotta rub to get a consistently working coke slushee machine?
Have a store number?
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's ALL of them. They must see me comin' and just hit the off switch on the coke ones.
He won. Period.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Far as I can tell they have no 7-11s in Arkansas.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:14 pm It's ALL of them. They must see me comin' and just hit the off switch on the coke ones.
If you can give me a store number I can look into it. Maybe let someone know they need to fix their machine. EDIT for. Ahh I see. That's the defrosting cycle. Half the time the machines are defrosting so that they don't seize up.

EDIT2: And slurpee machines are finicy by nature. My store has a problem with the pineapple dispenser. Its always defrosting. Mgr submitted a call.
Last edited by Drazzil on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

People buy the coke ones?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:41 pm People buy the coke ones?
I vastly prefer the mtn dew.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

When we were kids (practically medieval times) my brother and I would go the local 7-11 ever Tuesday afternoon when their delivery truck arrived. They had more merchandise back in the day, so there was a fair amount of stuff on the truck. We would help unload it, and the girl on duty would pay us in free Slurpees, the preferred flavor which may or may not have been available.

It's been a few years since I had one, but the sugar-free ones were generally more available.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

As a kid I stole stuff from my 7-11. Until I got caught. Had to wait until that cashier left before I could go back.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:41 pm People buy the coke ones?
I know you would prefer a cheetoh flavored slurpee, or whatever the hell your pregnant urges command you to crave this week. :P
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There are no 7-11s in Indiana. It is one thing I really miss, as no other slush is a Slurpee. It's like the difference between a shake and a Frosty.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

For me, frozen cokes will always be

My grandmother used to take me to a Nichols department store in the boonies of Ohio for coke icees when I was a kid. Hence my love of that frozen treat to this day. It’s nostalgia, mostly.

…and sugar. A butt ton of sugar.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Always got cherry. Im not sure who has Icee near me these days. Maybe Subway. The Speedway near me has the same thing other than name....and cups. They always have 6 - 8 flavors. I usually go for the blue raspberry now days. As a kid did anyone collect those Icee cup points or whatever they were? I never did. Have no idea what you could have got with those things.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

this is all stuff my parents never let me have
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Growing up Amish has other perks, I imagine. You must have freaky strong forearms from all that butter churning.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Mental Floss
With help from an engineering and manufacturing company in Dallas, the ICEE machine was redesigned and sold to a few convenience stores throughout the early 1960s.

But things really took off when, in 1965, 7-Eleven licensed the machine, but called the drink by a different name to make it unique for their stores. The name Slurpee was coined by Bob Stanford, a 7-Eleven ad agency director, when he described the sound made while sipping it through a straw.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

They are all squishies to me.

Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The wife and I go with the good squishy.

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Re: Still kicking ass

Post by Drazzil »

I'm still having fun at the job after four full weeks. I dunno if its a diff mindset or what but I still don't hate working at the new job. I got along with the asst and a few other ppl at the old store but I got the feeling that old store mgr and most of my co workers at the old store didn't find me the easiest to work with. I still enjoyed it and put positivity into the store and most of my interactions w the public and my co workers or actively tried to at least.

I am more appreciated. I look forward to going to work now and I don't dread to go in. I didn't dread going into the first store and I put on a happy face no matter what at the old place but the new store the smile reaches my eyes.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That’s nice to read.

Hope it keeps up, and hope you can endure any pauses in the greatness of it.
It won’t always be awesome and that doesn’t mean it has to slip into ‘horrible’ when/if it isn’t.

Grats!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

OK, what is your response to "Hey Apu, I can hardly taste the hog anus"? What gives?" When someone orders a rotisserie hot dog?
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

“Those are all beef.”

Or,

“there is no hog anus or hog scrotum, but you should find everything else in-between”
Last edited by Unagi on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If you do start to feel like you’re being disrespected or abused by your job and/or coworkers, do yourself a favor before you respond. Stop and think about why you believe that. And I mean truly take some time and think about it.
He won. Period.
Drazzil

Re: I need new furniture

Post by Drazzil »

Both the recliner function handles on my sofa are dead. Time for new furniture!

I need someone to take away the old and assemble the new. Where do I go?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Don't the furniture stores do that?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:29 pm Don't the furniture stores do that?
I don't know if they will disassemble the old and take it away. Pretty sure Im gonna need an automatic drill to disassemble my current couch.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is this just a multi-use thread now?
He won. Period.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

hepcat wrote:Is this just a multi-use thread now?
Sure, why not.

You're lucky if you can get furniture these days with the shipping issues. Our local furniture stores are advertising 5-6 month waits.

We ordered a new sectional a few weeks ago and were told 5 months. I was absolutely floored when they called over the weekend and said it would be delivered Friday. :shock: :csmile:
stessier

Post by stessier »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:35 pm
hepcat wrote:Is this just a multi-use thread now?
Sure, why not.

You're lucky if you can get furniture these days with the shipping issues. Our local furniture stores are advertising 5-6 month waits.

We ordered a new sectional a few weeks ago and were told 5 months. I was absolutely floored when they called over the weekend and said it would be delivered Friday. :shock: :csmile:
It probably helps that you're in the same state where most of it is made. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles