The Case of Gabby Petito

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Re: The Case of Gabby Petito

Post by Blackhawk »

Jeff V wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:23 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:40 am And, as investigators, you don't cut corners or jump to conclusions in order to satisfy antsy media outlets and their readers. As I mentioned, many obvious suicides have turned out to be homicides. You take the time, and you do the work.
Last month, a skeleton was found hanging in a forest preserve in a Chicago suburb. It was immediately determined to be that of a missing (for more than a year) executive with United Airlines who happened to be under investigation for some sort of malfeasance. His car was found a year ago last summer in the same forest preserve. They connected the dots right away, and deemed it suicide.
Hanging vs lying on the ground with scavengers, Chicago's environment vs Florida's, hanging vs gunshot, weeks vs more than a year, and a hundred other variables.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:30 am
Drazzil wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:27 pm On the topic of this particular thread:

Cowards way to go out/down. He had the time, money and resources to lead a Kafkaesque catch me if you can sort of adventure.
How do you know he isn't?
Because he had no imagination. Bullet in the head.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:10 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:27 pm On the topic of this particular thread:

Cowards way to go out/down. He had the time, money and resources to lead a Kafkaesque catch me if you can sort of adventure.
Maybe that's what he wants you to think.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Most people making the decision to kill themselves aren't all that worried about making it interesting for others.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:23 am Most people making the decision to kill themselves aren't all that worried about making it interesting for others.
A state of mind as selfish as the act itself.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:39 am
Drazzil wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:10 pm

Maybe that's what he wants you to think.
No. No imagination. It was clear that they were in a bad place relationship wise. He didn't have the imagination to tell her it was over. When he killed her he didn't have the imagination enough to go home and do what his lawyer told him to. This was never going to be an open and shut case. SHE almost got hooked up for domestic violence against him only days before. That alone, with the high caliber representation could have argued self defense all day long.

No imagination of what to do after he ran. Coulda got INTO Mexico and then past Mexico to South America. Maybe even Europe if he played his cards right.

No imagination in the method of suicide. Gunshot to the head.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drazzil wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:33 pm No imagination in the method of suicide. Gunshot to the head.
There aren't any words for how idiotic this statement is.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Maybe he killed her in a mental fit that he couldn’t explain or bare to live with, nor did he feel like being brought to public justice...

Not sure what you are saying beyond that. (Edit: that’s to Drazzil)

Personally I’d like to hope he at least wrote a note left to Gabby’s parents. I’m not sure why I’m stuck on that, but I feel they should get to know the ‘full story’.
I’ve not heard anything about what was found in the dry sack they found.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm
Drazzil wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:33 pm No imagination in the method of suicide. Gunshot to the head.
There aren't any words for how idiotic this statement is.
Yeah.

The complaints about ‘no imagination’ seem kinda absurd.

I’m guessing he thought that adding an errant cat scratch would have been more creative.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unagi wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:58 pm Not sure what you are saying beyond that. (Edit: that’s to Drazzil)
His point seems to be that if the guy was going to commit a murder and then kill himself, he had some responsibility to us to make it more interesting. Or something. Or maybe he wants the guy to act like a Batman villain, then fake his own death and live on the beach in Brazil drinking a cerveza through a glue-on beard.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yahoo
Brian Laundrie's family hid the fact that he may have been armed because they didn't want the "public going into a frenzy," their lawyer told DailyMail.com.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, well Brian Laundrie’s family absolutely sucks at controlling public frenzy.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Unagi wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:22 pm Yeah, well Brian Laundrie’s family absolutely sucks at controlling public frenzy.
I doubt they care.
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scuzz wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:11 am
Unagi wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:22 pm Yeah, well Brian Laundrie’s family absolutely sucks at controlling public frenzy.
I doubt they care.
Yes, that's nearly my point...
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm
Unagi wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:58 pm Not sure what you are saying beyond that. (Edit: that’s to Drazzil)
His point seems to be that if the guy was going to commit a murder and then kill himself, he had some responsibility to us to make it more interesting. Or something. Or maybe he wants the guy to act like a Batman villain, then fake his own death and live on the beach in Brazil drinking a cerveza through a glue-on beard.
Either or. I'm not hard to please. Also included in acceptable methods include: bloody gunfight with LEO's, dramatic leaps from tall buildings, drug overdoses in a bar, brothel or strip club. Bonus points awarded for angering an outside party enough to "disappear" see, the Hoffa method.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Truly, you have a dizzying empathy.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:17 am Either or. I'm not hard to please. Also included in acceptable methods include: bloody gunfight with LEO's, dramatic leaps from tall buildings, drug overdoses in a bar, brothel or strip club. Bonus points awarded for angering an outside party enough to "disappear" see, the Hoffa method.
You might have a future in Fanfic, but in this thread it's just weird.

On topic: I'm convinced there's still more to this story.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:21 am Truly, you have a dizzying empathy.
Why thank you Isg! I always knew I was kind and empathetic, good too see someone else recognize this too! :wub:
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:28 am
Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:17 am Either or. I'm not hard to please. Also included in acceptable methods include: bloody gunfight with LEO's, dramatic leaps from tall buildings, drug overdoses in a bar, brothel or strip club. Bonus points awarded for angering an outside party enough to "disappear" see, the Hoffa method.
You might have a future in Fanfic, but in this thread it's just weird.

On topic: I'm convinced there's still more to this story.
Of course there is.

This case is full of loose threads, like that sweater your demented grandmother knitted you for Christmas.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm still trying to decide whether Drazzil has descended into the realms of genuine mental illness, genuine trolling, or a combination of both.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

He is..........................Drazzil.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:37 am I'm still trying to decide whether Drazzil has descended into the realms of genuine mental illness, genuine trolling, or a combination of both.
Oh jeez lemme hand you your clutching pearls. I can see it's gonna be one of *those* threads. The case is full of loose threads. The demented grandmother riff came from smoove's fanfic comment.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:48 am
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:37 am I'm still trying to decide whether Drazzil has descended into the realms of genuine mental illness, genuine trolling, or a combination of both.
Oh jeez lemme hand you your clutching pearls. I can see it's gonna be one of *those* threads. The case is full of loose threads. The demented grandmother riff came from smoove's fanfic comment.
You've abused this forum for years for your amusement, and now you're not even bothering to hide it. Get help or fuck off. Either way, shut up and quit soiling the air.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It's always been trolling, but it's possibly both now.

edit: Actually, maybe it has always been both.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:54 am
Drazzil wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:48 am
You've abused this forum for years for your amusement, and now you're not even bothering to hide it. Get help or fuck off. Either way, shut up and quit soiling the air.
And you've been trailing me like a bad cloud blowing everything I say out of proportion. Every time I post in a thread you pop in and start your increasingly shrill routine about how I need help or demean what I say. I've *tried* to let this shit you spew at me pass, make jokes, deflect. No more. I will *NEVER* interact with you again. Welcome to my foe list.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Did somebody hear something? Like a quiet fart in a windstorm?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

So anyway. Yeah a lot of loose ends. The parents DNA on the body (?) is interesting. I doubt we'll ever know the full extent of the story.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

FBI
Yesterday, the family of Gabrielle Petito met with the FBI at the Tampa Field Office as the investigation will be closed in the near future.
On October 20, 2021, after water had receded from the area and the park was reopened, Mr. Bertolino notified law enforcement that Mr. Laundrie’s parents intended to return to the park to search for Mr. Laundrie. Law enforcement officers were present when Mr. Laundrie’s parents located an item in the park later determined to belong to Mr. Laundrie.

Upon further search of the area, investigators found human remains later confirmed to be Mr. Laundrie, along with a backpack, notebook, and a revolver. A review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito’s death.