Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

McNutt

Re: The Case of Gabby Petito

Post by McNutt »

It's about time.
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:30 am There may also be an element of 'Write something down so we can grab him and hold him.'
This. They want to be sure that if they find him, they can keep him where they can see him. What's on the warrant is irrelevant beyond that.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Alefroth wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:52 am Dog the Bounty Hunter is inserting himself into the case now.
Christ, what a scumbag.
He won. Period.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Alefroth wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:52 am Dog the Bounty Hunter is inserting himself into the case now.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/gabby-p ... s-personal
"The reason I went to Mr. [Christopher] Laundrie is I carry a reputation with me," he told Fox News Digital moments later. "The reputation is, ‘He gives you a second chance. He’s gonna get you, but he gives you a second chance.’"
Just let real professionals handle this, dog.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lawdy lol
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:29 pm

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/gabby-p ... s-personal
"The reason I went to Mr. [Christopher] Laundrie is I carry a reputation with me," he told Fox News Digital moments later. "The reputation is, ‘He gives you a second chance. He’s gonna get you, but he gives you a second chance.’"
Just let real professionals handle this, dog.
Dog the Bounty Hunter is not a real professional bounty hunter? Is he an actor that play bounty hunter role on TV?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

He's a former bounty hunter and bail-jumper who became a television personality.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

…and desperately wants to be in the public eye again.
He won. Period.
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Whether you consider Dog a real bounty hunter at this point is irrelevant since he's not a police officer, FBI Agent, US Marshall, etc.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I'm not sure what to think of the Laundries, but good for her in this case-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 27886.html
Audio has emerged of a 911 call made by Roberta Laundrie at around the time Mr Chapman knocked on the door of the Laundrie’s family home in North Port.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yahoo
The Wyoming medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Gabby Petito said Tuesday that the 22-year-old’s death was caused by strangulation.

Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue made the announcement during a virtual news conference.
The time of death was estimated to be three to four weeks before Petito’s body was found, Blue said.

He added that under Wyoming state law, only cause and manner of death are released after an autopsy is conducted, and said that no other information about her death would be released.
Petito’s body was discovered in the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area of Bridger-Teton National Forest, near Grand Teton National Park, on Sept. 19 — eight days after her family reported her missing and nearly three weeks after her 23-year-old fiancé, Brian Laundrie, returned home from a cross-country road trip without her.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The classic fractured hyoid, I'd guess. Here's hoping they find Laundrie and confirm he was involved.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I doubt he's hiding in the swamps anymore. He's either dead or hiding in New Jersey.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Update:
Partial human remains appear to have been found near a backpack in the Florida park central to the Brian Laundrie search, though it's not clear to whom they belong, a senior law enforcement official confirmed Wednesday. The area where the apparent remains and backpack were found had previously been submerged.

The backpack found near the apparent remains may be consistent with the type of items that Laundrie may have had in his possession at the time he disappeared in mid-September, the senior law enforcement official said. Confirmation of identity will require further forensic analysis that could take a number of days.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How he could look the girl he loved in the eyes as he choked the life out of her is beyond me.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

...but not beyond some other people, unfortunately.
He won. Period.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

This was from a CNN article from this morning, before they updated it to reflect the presence of someone's remains.
Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, informed the FBI and the North Port Police Department Tuesday night that they intended to come to Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on Wednesday morning to search for him, family attorney Steven Bertolino said. Law enforcement met them there Wednesday morning, he said.

After a "brief search" off a trail Laundrie frequented, the family and law enforcement found "some articles" belonging to him, Bertolino said. He would not give any further information on what or how many items were found.
The article could be clearer, but the idea that the parents could have arrived first and suddenly Brian's "articles" were found after a "brief search" really doesn't sound suspicious at all. I'm a bit less suspicious since there were also human remains announced, because no one would be stupid enough to plant a different person's remains and think it would work out, right?
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Freyland wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:54 pm The article could be clearer, but the idea that the parents could have arrived first and suddenly Brian's "articles" were found after a "brief search" really doesn't sound suspicious at all. I'm a bit less suspicious since there were also human remains announced, because no one would be stupid enough to plant a different person's remains and think it would work out, right?
If that's what happened, it wouldn't surprise me at all -- not in this timeline.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LOL, ok NOW we’re in TV mini series territory!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The moment a pretty white girl disappeared we were in that territory.
He won. Period.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 pm The moment a pretty white girl disappeared we were in that territory.
The Lifetime network always blocks off their programming schedule for the month for potential “pretty blondes in peril” news events. :wink:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

But this went from Lifetime to David Fincher.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I hope it's his bones they found.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Freyland wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:54 pm This was from a CNN article from this morning, before they updated it to reflect the presence of someone's remains.
Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, informed the FBI and the North Port Police Department Tuesday night that they intended to come to Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on Wednesday morning to search for him, family attorney Steven Bertolino said. Law enforcement met them there Wednesday morning, he said.

After a "brief search" off a trail Laundrie frequented, the family and law enforcement found "some articles" belonging to him, Bertolino said. He would not give any further information on what or how many items were found.
The article could be clearer, but the idea that the parents could have arrived first and suddenly Brian's "articles" were found after a "brief search" really doesn't sound suspicious at all. I'm a bit less suspicious since there were also human remains announced, because no one would be stupid enough to plant a different person's remains and think it would work out, right?
Oh, look...
NEW YORK (NewsNation Now) — A K-9 handler and former police officer says it is “highly suspicious” that cadaver dogs may have missed the ‘skeletal’ remains found in a Florida reserve Wednesday, even if they were located underwater.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

But...
Speaking to CNN's Chris Cuomo, Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino said that "the probability is strong that it is Brian's remains."
If that's not case closed, I have no faith in humanity anymore.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Are we going to learn that one of his parents work as mortician's assistant next? Or did they drop off long bones from a deer or cow, stuffed into a pair of jeans?

My research is bit rusty and I don't want to raise alarms on my end doing searches online, but as I recall, it's going to likely take weeks (likely longer) to completely skeletonize a human corpse. In a swamp where it sinks into ooze? Where it's being pulled apart by wildlife? I don't feel like he was missing long enough. So many questions.

This is absolutely going to be a TV movie.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:40 pm Update:
Partial human remains appear to have been found near a backpack in the Florida park central to the Brian Laundrie search, though it's not clear to whom they belong, a senior law enforcement official confirmed Wednesday. The area where the apparent remains and backpack were found had previously been submerged.

The backpack found near the apparent remains may be consistent with the type of items that Laundrie may have had in his possession at the time he disappeared in mid-September, the senior law enforcement official said. Confirmation of identity will require further forensic analysis that could take a number of days.
This was an area that was apparently underwater when the FBI first went thru here. I guess it flooded due to a storm. Now the waters had receded.
Black Lives Matter
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I would repeat from my article, "even if they were underwater".
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Seems a short time to have remains and not a body.

Enlarge Image
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Freyland wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:17 pm I would repeat from my article, "even if they were underwater".
CNN had an ex-FBI guy who said he did underwater work at it wasn't hard to miss stuff.

I would imagine getting a dog to smell something underwater in a swampy area would be pretty tough.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Scuzz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:45 pm I would imagine getting a dog to smell something underwater in a swampy area would be pretty tough.
A fresh body decomposing in shallow water is going to off-gas and cadaver dogs will sense it. Bones? No I don't think so. Which is why this is...weird - that he could be turned into a skeleton so quickly.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:07 pm This is absolutely going to be a TV movie.
Feature film at this point.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Confirmed to be his.

Partial remains found by authorities searching for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, were confirmed to be his after a review of dental records.

Still possible his parents put them there, right? We're not ruling that out yet!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:12 pm Confirmed to be his.

Partial remains found by authorities searching for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, were confirmed to be his after a review of dental records.

Still possible his parents put them there, right? We're not ruling that out yet!
I apologize that I'm so damn cynical that I feel something is still amiss with the parents. Maybe they knew already where Brian passed and finally wanted to end that stage of the grieving process. That's about as generous as my mind can get right now.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

No, I'm right they with you. I think we're going to eventually find out they knew much more than they admitted to and they possibly even assisted him (directly) with hiding out.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Should we be seeing if he was ever a bone marrow donor?

Wait... dental records. How many movies/shows have doctored someone's teeth to pass a dental check? Maybe that's why it took so long? Where is our resident DDS?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

"Searching for a person of interest" to "case-closed" in 5..4...3...2...1
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Only if they did it prior to the day they were found. And at this point why would you think the parents had the bones stashed away until now?
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FWIW, he went missing five weeks ago. He was found in a natural area in Sarasota County in Florida. That means predators to spread his bits and insects to gnaw on him. That area has been humid and in the 90s for the past five weeks. In those conditions, he could have been skeletonized in three to four weeks.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Scuzz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Only if they did it prior to the day they were found. And at this point why would you think the parents had the bones stashed away until now?
Just crazy fictional scenario from watching How to Get Away with Murder:

Maybe one of the parents killed Brian and then they tried to cover it up by burning the corpse then dumped the bones in the swamp.