Kena - If you love Zelda

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Kena - If you love Zelda

Post by Daehawk »

This is getting pretty much great reviews. Says its a wonderful gift on Zelda's 35th anniversary..

Last edited by Daehawk on Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
raydude

Re: Kenu - If you love Zelda

Post by raydude »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:02 pm This is getting pretty much great reviews. Says its a wonderful gift on Zelda's 35th anniversary..

Hi Daehawk, sorry, but can we edit it to at least get her name right? It's kind of a thing for me, as one whose last name gets frequently mangled.
Daehawk

Re: Kena - If you love Zelda

Post by Daehawk »

Whoops. Didn't even notice. Thank you.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I was totally unaware fo this one. I am def interested. Will add it to my wishlist (frikkin Epic timed exclusive).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:20 pm I was totally unaware fo this one. I am def interested. Will add it to my wishlist (frikkin Epic timed exclusive).
It released on Playstation today.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I finally picked this up on PS5 yesterday. Played the first hour or so and enjoying it. I don't know that I would remotely compare it to any Zelda though.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Wait, isn't this about the movie adaptation starring Kenu Reeves?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:11 am I finally picked this up on PS5 yesterday. Played the first hour or so and enjoying it. I don't know that I would remotely compare it to any Zelda though.
Just finished. I had to drop it to story difficult for the second boss and just left it there for the rest. It was fun. I liked the puzzle-y stuff but the hard as balls bosses kind of sucked.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Just finished this game last night, and I absolutely adored it. Thought it was a fantastic mix of third person action, exploration, puzzle solving, and story. It's also one of the most beautiful games out there, both in the environment and the characters. It was honestly like playing a Pixar movie. And the Rot (the tiny characters that follow you around) are absolutely adorable. Finding new tiny hats for them to wear never got old. The overall vibe reminded me alot of a Ghibli film, and it was really hard not to have a big smile on my face as I played. While the game does deal with some heavy topics around death, loss, and sacrifice, the story is told in such a beautiful way.

I found both the puzzles and the combat to be challenging, but not ridiculously so. It hit that sweet spot of making me think but not requiring the twitch reflexes or platforming dexterity that other games do. If I can get through to the end, I'm pretty sure anyone could.

My only two gripes are that the game was really dark. Not in subject matter (although it did do that on occasion) but visually just dark. It was often really difficult to see what I was doing. I also found that many of the puzzles weren't particularly intuitive and were wholly dependent on you seeing things that were incredibly easy to overlook. There was often not a lot of contextual clues, and I was left shooting at random rocks to see if something triggered. There were also a few bugs (mostly in the last level) that required restarts at autosaves. Nothing that was a dealbreaker or cost me more that a few minutes, but was a bit annoying.

Those minor details aside, this was a truly wonderful game that I would recommend to anyone. Seems like it got entirely overlooked in favor of all the established IPs, which is a shame. I liked this far more than games like Zelda or GoW.

8/8 tentacles, for sure.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.