Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

TotallyNotEvil

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

If my ERPPC can't make it, my LRMs cann't either. Well, I will take the opportunity to vent my heat, I'm up to 6.

You want to force piloting checks to stay upright, and have it fall and damage the pilot?

Well, I will grant that something with more armor on the arms than I have on CT is a good candidate for that.

Mix, wanna try to stomp the Ryoken's cockpit? That's free real state.

Or are things between clanners and us not so bad that cockpit stomping is frowned upon?
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

BL-KNT >>3822, fire ErLL x2 @ Timberwolf 3506
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Does seem a bit harsh to stomp an unconscious pilot. I'm really hoping we can take the pilot prisoner. I suspect we'll have need of exchanges down the road.

I'm all for working on the smaller targets. I'm out of LRMs and my other weapons don't have the range of most of the rest of you. I'm a little leery of moving towards the Daishi. I don't know that I'd fare much better than our Kurita allies.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Assuming that the Ryoken will likely be out for another round, now looks like a good time for me to stay put and dump everything into the Mad Cat 3506. Or, possibly, jump right behind him and unload. Would that be a better option? If the Mad Cat goes down, I can probably do some surgical work with my MLs on the Ryoken next turn.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Well, that Mad Cat is very, very nearly dead. A single ML to CT, whether rear or front, will do it in.

I'm shooting it too, but watching my heat.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

TheMix wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:58 pm I suspect we'll have need of exchanges down the road.
Clans do not do exchanges, and Smokey Kitties are some of the worst in that regard.
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bondsman
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Oh, they like to turn PoWs into chattel?

Go ahead Mix, stomp on that cockpit.
Last edited by TotallyNotEvil on Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'll be happy to finish it off after the Mad Cat.

Black Lives Matter

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

But like...seems like the priority should be the 100 ton mech that's trying to kill us and not fleeing.
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

It absolutely should be. My concern is that my remaining weapons are only good at 9 or less hexes. And his are good at much greater ranges. So even trying to get in close is going to be a challenge for me. Though maybe once his attention is disrupted by a number of other folks shooting at him.

Alternatively, if we pull back, will he be forced to get off his high hill and come to us? Or will he just sit there forever?

Black Lives Matter

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also, do we have a weapons load-out for the Daishi / Dire Wolf? Or is that still unknown to us?
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:47 am Also, do we have a weapons load-out for the Daishi / Dire Wolf? Or is that still unknown to us?
The wiki says:
4x ER Large Lasers
4x Medium Pulse Lasers
2x Ultra Autocannon/5s
1x LRM-10
Edit: That's the primary. I don't think we know if this one is running an alternate build.
Edit 2: HOLY @#$%! I just looked at the maximum ranges on the Clan versions of those weapons. He can hit half the map!

Black Lives Matter

TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Yeah, that's a stupid throw-weight.

Making a good clan mech is like falling off a tree, you don't have to even try. And this is a 100t 3/5, simply randomly picking shit is going to make a killing machine.

Let's put it into perspective: after accounting for as much armor as an Atlas, it has 50,5t of weaponry.

Let that sink in for a moment. Over fifty tons of weapons.

My entire mech is 55t, and just a dash of clan tech makes it phenomenal.

Also, sarna says it's Great Death instead of Gray Death. Intentional misspelling?

And, as an aside, this is a pretty good example of how an assault mech can be most terrifying: we will have to brave its line of fire while it ignores the terrain between us and it, sitting pretty over the hill. And those silly strong LPLs will start to sing.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:06 pm Also, sarna says it's Great Death instead of Gray Death. Intentional misspelling?
It wasn't intentional at the time, but I think I'm going to roll with it - it's not too implausible that a clanner get an inner sphere translation wrong.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:06 pm

And, as an aside, this is a pretty good example of how an assault mech can be most terrifying: we will have to brave its line of fire while it ignores the terrain between us and it, sitting pretty over the hill. And those silly strong LPLs will start to sing.
Yeah, but at the same time we do have a lot of ER PPCs, Gauss Rifles, and other long-range weaponry which we can bring to bear on him which collectively outnumbers his large laser array. He can't maintain that high a to hit penalty from movement, and we can at least hide in large forests while we fire at him. So knock on wood seems like we should be ok in handling him, but we'll see I suppose.
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

We really need a mortar team about now. Or some way to get him off that hill. We need to break LOS to get closer. But being on the hill makes that impossible.

Black Lives Matter

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TheMix wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:19 am We really need a mortar team about now. Or some way to get him off that hill. We need to break LOS to get closer. But being on the hill makes that impossible.
Enlarge Image

Just sayin'
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

:horse:

Black Lives Matter

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Fun fact: did you know that the Ares Convention does *not* specifically address blimp-borne nuclear weapons?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

"We'll see about that." El Guapo counters. "All units, engage designated target. Stick to the woods and smoke, concentrate fire." Our mechs open up at maximum range on the Daishi, but smoke and vibration makes it hard to land hits. Said Daishi returns fire with its extended-range lasers, autocannons and LRMs, but only scores a single laser hit on the Kurita Awesome, digging into the thick right torso armor.

On the way north, Moley saws the downed Mad Cat's left leg off with the Thunderbolt's laser. Just in case.

TheMix moves up to finish the retreating northern Mad Cat off, taking a pulse laser to the left torso, along with some LRMs and MG rounds scattered across the front of the Crusader - the mech lurches, but our mechwarrior keeps it upright. A jump jet blows out under the onslaught, but then Leraje targets the retreating Mad Cat with the Black Knight's large lasers, melting through the already non-existent rear armor; the 75-ton mech collapses into a pile of debris as a result, with Lich's lasers not making the debris any sturdier.

The Kurita Phoenix Hawk is intercepted by the Ryoken on the way back to attack the Loki, and its left torso section sparks and sags under pulse laser fire. The Kurita mechwarrior appears to have had enough of that, and pumps the Phoenix Hawk's legs as he sprints to try to take himself out of range.

The brief, relative pause in the firefight gives our mechs a chance to cool off as they advance towards the clan holdouts - the Daishi, accompanied by a Ryoken, with an elemental squad hopping around and a Loki firmly stuck on the ground but refusing to eject.

Current battlefield state:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw data:
Spoiler:

Initiative Phase for Round #17
-------------------
1st Octopus Overlords rolls a 12[8+4].
Clan Smoke Jaguar rolls a 7[7+0].

Wind direction is Northeast.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Streak SRM 2 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 3 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 4, rolls 4 : - Glancing Blow -hits LL (hit aimed location)
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 4 damage to LL.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is (6-2) = 4; no effect.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits LL (hit aimed location)
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LL.
        5 damage transfers to LT.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LT.
            The passenger, Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar), avoids damage.
        5 damage transfers to CT.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to CT.
            Armor destroyed.
             21 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 6; no effect.

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

ER PPC at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Gauss Rifle at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 11 : hits (using Left Side table) LA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LA.
        10 damage transfers to LT.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        1 damage transfers to CT.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 11; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.
*** Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) DESTROYED by engine destruction! ***
*** Pilot Reinhard Bi ID:205 (1st Octopus Overlords) was trapped in the wreckage. ***
            CRITICAL HIT on +Medium Pulse Laser.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to CT.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.

ER Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Left Side table) LA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LA.
        5 damage transfers to LT.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LT.
        5 damage transfers to CT.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to CT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (9-2) = 7; no effect.

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 15 (Artemis-capable ammo) at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Rear table) RTR
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to RTR.
            4 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Rear table) HD
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to HD.
            6 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Jamie Thomas" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

PPC at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     LRM 20 at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - AMS engaged! 16 missile(s) hit.

Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            1 Armor remaining.

Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            9 Armor remaining.

Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LT.
            8 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Medium Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 3, rolls 4 : hits LT (critical)
        Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LT (critical).
            1 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Jump Jet.

Machine Gun at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 7 : hits CT
        Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits LA
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LA.
        10 damage transfers to LT.
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        4 damage transfers to CT.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 3; no effect.
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to CT.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

ER Large Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

ER Large Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits RT
        Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 12.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            14 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 2 : misses

Ultra AC/5 at Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Ultra AC/5 at Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 9 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 33 heat, sinks 30 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 3 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 26 heat, sinks 32 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 3 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 7 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 2 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:34 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 43 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Adding 5 heat from a fire...
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 28 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 12 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 7 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 20 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 0 heat.

End Phase
-------------------

Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "José Morín" needs a 10 to wake up. Rolls 7 : stays unconscious.
Target Modifiers:
Daishi: +2
Loki: +3/+1
Elementals: +5
Ryoken: ACE

Objective update:
Kurita Phoenix Hawk crippled and withdrawing (10/21)

Status update:
TheMix down to 3 jump jets; all left sections and center torso section down to 4 or less armor
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Ok, might be time for Mix to get out of here. Or maybe stay out of LoS and keep lobbing LRMs indirectly? If they can't see them, they should be safe.

Nick, if I'm shooting at the Daishi, do I also ignore the shitload of woods between us, as it's on a much higher level? Assuming I'm on level 0.

Also, is 3506 forest? There's an explosion in it, I can't tell.

I wonder if Moley or WoE couldn't take a potshot at the fleeing Ryoken. Salvage is salvage.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

1711, moving to flank Daishi
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I has no LRMs. My max range on anything left is 9. That was a pretty bad round for me. I accomplished nothing other than taking damage.

I guess I'll go make sure the Ryoken stays down. Either via surgical (ha!) MLs or with a stomp or two. That I think I can still do. If I can still do any jumping, maybe jump to 3906. The range on that Daishi is insane, I don't want to give him any more target than I have to. And hopefully he'll be preoccupied anyway.

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

He's taken 4 pilot hits (wakes up on a 10+ when rolling a 2d6) and is missing a leg. He's already not getting up, lol.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

With my forest master ability light woods has the same movement cost as plain terrain, but I assume heavy woods is 1 +2 - 1 = 2 MP for me?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also do we know the movement on the ace Hadouken? Run / jump speed?
Black Lives Matter.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

My H-H will advance north at all speed and open fire as soon as I'm in range.

With my P. Hawk fleeing, is there any other mechs, actual or decoys, for me to take over?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Forest Master gives you a 1 MP discount for moving into woods, so yes, heavy woods is 2 MP.

Stormcrow has 6/9 movement

The Kurita Wolverine can be controlled by players, I think it's the last one actually.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Man it’s gonna take me a while to get there but…

Mackie keeps moving north, crosses river to hex 2219 (in multiple turns I’d expect)

Hopefully the woods will screen me when it comes time to close and engage with the Dashi.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:27 pm He's taken 4 pilot hits (wakes up on a 10+ when rolling a 2d6) and is missing a leg. He's already not getting up, lol.
Alright. So assuming we manage to hold on and win. What happens to the pilot? Do our allies have a brig they throw him into? Or are they just going to execute him on the spot? Just curious.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

How well can the Daishi multi-target? Do we know?

i.e. Is it advantageous to us to have someone move in from the direct south? Will having attacks from two directions be benefit? Or just when it comes time for flavor text? 8-)

Black Lives Matter

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

TheMix wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:24 pm How well can the Daishi multi-target? Do we know?

i.e. Is it advantageous to us to have someone move in from the direct south? Will having attacks from two directions be benefit? Or just when it comes time for flavor text? 8-)
I'm trying to move my geriatric mech across the river to come at the Daishi from the south. If we can coordinate an attack from multiple mechs that would be cool to pull off. Or we just end up dying together.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

BL-KNT >>3718, fire ErLL x2 & ErPPC @ Direwolfwolf 1402 or Hellbinger 2003
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

>> LICH: Jump to 3605 (after Mix moves), fire ERPPC (and LRMs if it's 9+ or better) at the Daishi
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Crusader "THEMIX" >> jump to 3906, if able - otherwise, somewhere on the east side of the hill as far as I can get; left side facing west

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:22 pm Alright. So assuming we manage to hold on and win. What happens to the pilot? Do our allies have a brig they throw him into? Or are they just going to execute him on the spot? Just curious.
He may join us as a bondsman, or, if he does not, then we hand him over to the Kurita guys for a nominal bonus. They own the planet (and it's their capitol world), so their spooks likely have plenty of places to throw him into. Some clanners also request "bondsref", which basically means "I don't want to join you, kill me instead."

TheMix wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:24 pm How well can the Daishi multi-target? Do we know?

The Daishi's weapons are almost all in the arms, so he effectively has 360 degree coverage. Due to heat issues, however, he can only fire his large lasers in a 3-4-3-4 pattern, supplementing with the pulse lasers as the range closes. It's absolutely worthwhile to mob and flank him, since he a) takes a penalty for firing at secondary targets and b) can't hit everyone at once. An approach from the south also lets the attacker use smoke and hills for a little bit of cover.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Move the Marauder to 2708. Fire at the Daishi
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think this was asked before, but I don't recall seeing an answer. To what extent do forests / smoke matter for us firing at the Daishi given that he's on level 3? My sense is that for fire both ways the forests don't matter (unless we ourselves are standing in a forest square), but that the smoke does make a difference. Is that right?

Also, how bad is it to get within (long) range of the Daishi's medium pulse lasers? It sounds like it can't fire those and the large lasers, right?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

God, moving a 3/5 Awesome through wooded terrain without forest master is brutally slow.

I guess move to 2611.

Also, I'll leave the targeting to the GM, since we have an ace this round. I assume that the Awesome will fire at the Daishi since I don't expect that the Awesome will have a good shot at anything else given the woods in between. Marauder probably will also, but it may have some decent shots at the elementals or Hadouken.
Black Lives Matter.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

El Guapo wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:18 am Also, how bad is it to get within (long) range of the Daishi's medium pulse lasers? It sounds like it can't fire those and the large lasers, right?
MPL: 7 Damage, 4 Heat, 4/8/12 Range
ErLL: 10 Damage, 12 Heat, 8/15/25 Range

Direwolf Prime has 44 heat sinking, so within MPL range it can indefinitely sustain 4x MPL + 2x ErLL. In other words, it's bad.