Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

TotallyNotEvil

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

I'm thinking I either turn south and help shoot the Ryoken (with the Mad Cat only having an LRM-10, while still dangerous it's a far, far cry from a full Mad Cat) or I can start heading north to help fight the two intact Mad Cats coming down.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Marauder - run to 3414. Fire at Mad Cat in 3508.

Do heavy woods require +2 movement (so that moving into them requires 3 movement) or only +1 like light woods?

Awesome - run to 2913 (if I have enough movement) and also fire at the Mad Cat in 3508. If I don't have enough movement, then just turn and fire at the 3508 Mad Cat.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

The Awesome has a couple of damaged actuators in the right arm, which is where that 12 PPC is.

Heavy woods cost +2 MP to enter normally (although in the case of the Marauder, it's actually only +1 while light woods don't impede it at all).
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:35 pm I'm thinking I either turn south and help shoot the Ryoken (with the Mad Cat only having an LRM-10, while still dangerous it's a far, far cry from a full Mad Cat) or I can start heading north to help fight the two intact Mad Cats coming down.
Seems to me that we have an Awesome, Marauder, Orion, and Archer (plus Leraje sniping) to take on the two Mad Cats, so I'd suggest targeting the Ryoken.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:46 pm The Awesome has a couple of damaged actuators in the right arm, which is where that 12 PPC is.

Heavy woods cost +2 MP to enter normally (although in the case of the Marauder, it's actually only +1 while light woods don't impede it at all).
Ok, so seems like the Awesome doesn't have enough movement to make it to the heavy woods this turn, which means turning and firing at the Mad Cat.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:49 pm Seems to me that we have an Awesome, Marauder, Orion, and Archer (plus Leraje sniping) to take on the two Mad Cats, so I'd suggest targeting the Ryoken.
The Orion is leaving, and not really able to do any meaningful firing as it goes since its taken an engine hit, so I wouldn't count it as being useful.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:49 pm
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:35 pm I'm thinking I either turn south and help shoot the Ryoken (with the Mad Cat only having an LRM-10, while still dangerous it's a far, far cry from a full Mad Cat) or I can start heading north to help fight the two intact Mad Cats coming down.
Seems to me that we have an Awesome, Marauder, Orion, and Archer (plus Leraje sniping) to take on the two Mad Cats, so I'd suggest targeting the Ryoken.
Hey! I'm trying!

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:52 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:49 pm Seems to me that we have an Awesome, Marauder, Orion, and Archer (plus Leraje sniping) to take on the two Mad Cats, so I'd suggest targeting the Ryoken.
The Orion is leaving, and not really able to do any meaningful firing as it goes since its taken an engine hit, so I wouldn't count it as being useful.
I see. Are those two northern Mad Cats damaged significantly, or are they pristine?
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:59 pm
NickAragua wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:52 pm
I see. Are those two northern Mad Cats damaged significantly, or are they pristine?
Damaged, yes. I believe. Significantly? I don't think so. One has a bit of armor damage. I think the other is still rolling pretty strong.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:01 pm Damaged, yes. I believe. Significantly? I don't think so. One has a bit of armor damage. I think the other is still rolling pretty strong.
This is correct. At a glance, the top bar above the mech indicates armor damage, the bottom bar indicates internal structure damage. The top one has armor in the 10s for a lot of its sections with some 20s left, the bottom one has armor in the 20s.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

And the Black Hawk that Isgrimnur is Greco-Roman wrestling with is out now, right?

Given that it probably makes sense to break another mech north, which could be the Lich.
Black Lives Matter.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

With my secondary weapons gone, my H-H will back up to the east and continue firing on the Ryoken, since the nearby Mad Cat only has a LRM 10 left.

The Kurita P. Hawk will attack the nearby Ryoken.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Ok then!

>> LICH: Run to 3118, LRM 3507 Mad Cat through whatever means (direct or indirect) is better.
>> ARCHER: Double LRM 3507 Mad Cat.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

BL-KNT >> Stay put, fire ErLL x2 and ErPPC @ Timberwolf 2031 or Stormcrow 2334
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Wanted to cross the river ahead of me and start working my way south but I think things have changed on the battlefield. I assume that Vulture in 1719 is no longer combat effective? If so I’ll support the mechs engaging those two Clanners in the south.

My elderly Mackie will make its way to hex 2526 for a possible river crossing if needed. I understand that it will take more than one turn and I leave it to Nick to choose the best route.

Thunderbolt moves to 1905 and targets Loki in 2003. If Elementals in 2104 are more of a threat then I’ll target them instead.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
moleymoleymoley

Post by moleymoleymoley »

I don't seem to be able to open the map image so I'm happy for someone else to move/fire for me this turn as I'll be quite busy. If you get me killed I'm coming back to haunt you though!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

moleymoleymoley wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:36 am I don't seem to be able to open the map image so I'm happy for someone else to move/fire for me this turn as I'll be quite busy. If you get me killed I'm coming back to haunt you though!

That's what you are facing. I think Issie is coming from the north to help. And WoE it tagging the Ryoken, I believe.

But you've got yourself in a bit of a pickle there. At least the Mad Cat looks pretty hurt. So maybe you can knock it out this turn. Not sure if you have to move one hex closer though for LOS.

Black Lives Matter

Leraje

Post by Leraje »

TheMix wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:15 pm
moleymoleymoley wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:36 am I don't seem to be able to open the map image so I'm happy for someone else to move/fire for me this turn as I'll be quite busy. If you get me killed I'm coming back to haunt you though!

That's what you are facing. I think Issie is coming from the north to help. And WoE it tagging the Ryoken, I believe.

But you've got yourself in a bit of a pickle there. At least the Mad Cat looks pretty hurt. So maybe you can knock it out this turn. Not sure if you have to move one hex closer though for LOS.
If you can jump to 1931, then it's possible to backstab the Timberwolf. It's arm-less iirc and you should be safe from it's reprisal.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Its only remaining weapons are a LRM-10 and its melee power as a 75t mech. Still, it would be nice to get it off the field.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jump to 2187 and engage the best target.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:03 pm Jump to 2187 and engage the best target.
So...there is no 2187. The 21XX spaces range from 2101 to 2134.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

moleymoleymoley

Post by moleymoleymoley »

Leraje wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:04 pm
TheMix wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:15 pm

If you can jump to 1931, then it's possible to backstab the Timberwolf. It's arm-less iirc and you should be safe from it's reprisal.
Yup, I would do this please
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

WestOrEast backs the Hatamoto-Hi up, avoiding missile fire from the Mad Cat across the river. Moley hops over behind the 75 tonner, absorbing a pair of large laser blasts from the nearby Ryoken with nothing other than armor damage. Moley's lasers savage the Mad Cat's rear torso, causing multiple armor breaches but no critical damage. However, the 65-ton Thunderbolt brings its leg down on the back of the Mad Cat's reverse-jointed left leg, crushing a pair of actuators - the enemy mech drops to a knee.

Siljanus and WestOrEast return fire on the Ryoken, with Leraje joining in. Siljanus scores a PPC hit to the 55-ton mech's left arm while Leraje burns armor off the right leg. WestOrEast holds one of the Hatamoto-Hi's PPCs trying to manage heat, but scores a hit to the left leg with the other one while a pulse laser stitches across the right torso.

To the north, the Kurita Thunderbolt bites it - even though the Loki is propping itself off the ground with one arm, the clan mech's lasers pierce the Kurita 65-tonner's right torso armor (through the convenient hole left by the absence of the right arm), detonating the SRM ammo. The Loki's anti-missile system knocks one of the Thunderbolt's return-fired SRMs, while the other impacts, doing little damage.

Nearby, the Ryoken and Phoenix Hawk engage each other, the Ryoken's pulse lasers nearly taking off the Pixie's right arm (receiving a few machine gun blasts in return). The two mechs also exchange kicks, striping armor off each other's legs. To the west, the Shadow Hawk tries circling around the Daishi with little success, taking a large laser blast to the right hip. The other medium mechs are unable to effectively target the 100-ton behemoth as it flits in and out of the smoke, and the Shadow Hawk drops to the ground.

To the northeast, El Guapo observes one of the Mad Cats laying into the nearby Kurita Archer with a PPC and multiple pulse lasers, as well as a salvo from the streak SRM launcher. That Kurita mechwarrior must be breathing a sigh of relief, because one of the SRMs knocks out a shoulder LRM launcher and impacts an ammo bin - luckily, that particular ammo bin had already been depleted. The Kurita mechwarrior is driven to distraction, whiffing all his LRM fire. Incoming fire at El Guapo from the other Mad Cat results in only a brief graze to the right torso from a pulse laser.

The two Mad Cats take some major return fire. TheMix throws some LRMs in their direction from the northwest, blasting chunks off the southern one's left side. El Guapo fires his PPCs and gauss rifle, knocking off significant chunks of armor from the mech's fron, joined by a blast form the Awesome which nearly punches through the left torso. Stefan runs up, joining in with multiple lasers across the rear Mad Cat's front section.

Isgrimnur takes a few seconds to disentangle from the limp, shut-down Black Hawk, whose mechwarrior wastes no time climbing out of the cockpit.

Current battlefield status:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw firing/physical/heat data:
Spoiler:

Initiative Phase for Round #14
-------------------
1st Octopus Overlords rolls a 13[9+4].
Clan Smoke Jaguar rolls a 6[6+0].

Wind direction is Northeast.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits RT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 9 damage to RT.
            Armor destroyed.
             14 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (7+2) = 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on LRM 15.

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to CT.
            14 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

Streak SRM 6 at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - 6 missile(s) hit.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
             12 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (11+1) = 12; 3 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on SRM 2 Ammo (43).
            *** SRM 2 Ammo EXPLODES! 172 DAMAGE! ***
        Pilot of Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lienhart Lin" takes 2 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lienhart Lin" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 8 : successful!
        Pilot of Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lienhart Lin" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 8 : successful!

>Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
            Needs 3 [4 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 4 : succeeds.
                    The pilot ejects safely!
         *** Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
                Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 172 damage to RT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
        LIMB BLOWN OFF Right Arm blown off.
                160 damage transfers to CT.
                    Critical hit on RT.         Roll is 6;         no effect.
                Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 160 damage to CT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
                    Critical hit on CT.         Roll is 7;         no effect.

Location has no more hittable critical slots.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
            11 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL.
            27 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
        2 damage transfers to CT.
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.

25 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits LL
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LL.
            10 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits RL
            23 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Medium Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

Medium Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits RA
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 4; no effect.

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Medium Pulse Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 6 : hits RT
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 10.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            11 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RA.
            8 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits LA
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            11 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits RL
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
             4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Hip.

Ultra AC/5 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

Ultra AC/5 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 5 : - Glancing Blow -hits LL
        Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LL.
            14 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 6 : hits RT
        Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RT.
            2 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 4 : - Glancing Blow -hits LL
        Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            11 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 4, rolls 6 : hits CT
        Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to CT.
            12 Armor remaining.

Streak SRM 6 at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - 6 missile(s) hit.

Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            0 Armor remaining.

13 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (10+1) = 11; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on +LRM 20.
            CRITICAL HIT on LRM 20 Ammo (0).

Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            15 Armor remaining.

11 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (5+1) = 6; no effect.

Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
            9 Armor remaining.

Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            20 Armor remaining.

ER Small Laser at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

ER Large Laser at Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 20 at Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow - - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RT
        Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 4.
            16 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     LRM 10 ((Clan) Artemis-capable ammo) at Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 4 ((Clan) Artemis-capable ammo) at Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits RT
        Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RT.
            10 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits LA
        Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LA.
            5 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits LA
        Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LA.
            2 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : 2 troopers hit (using Right Side table), causing 1 damage.
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RT.
        1 damage transfers to CT.
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 9 : 8 missile(s) hit (using Rear table).

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LA.
            19 Armor remaining.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to LTR.
            4 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Streak SRM 2 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 5 : fails to achieve lock.

Streak SRM 2 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 5 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits (using Rear table) LTR
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 8 damage to LTR.
            Armor destroyed.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 5; no effect.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Rear table) RA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RA.
        5 damage transfers to RTR.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RTR.
            2 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) RA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to RA.
        6 damage transfers to RTR.
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to RTR.
            Armor destroyed.
             12 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (6+1) = 7; no effect.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Rear table) RTR
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RTR.
             10 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (3-2) = 1; no effect.

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

ER PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits LL
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LL.
            17 Armor remaining.

Gauss Rifle at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 17 damage to CT.
            17 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits LA
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 12 damage to LA.
            6 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

ER Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits RL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 11 damage to RL.
            11 Armor remaining.

ER PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits LL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LL.
            5 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 9 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to RT.
            14 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits LA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LA.
            8 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 11 : hits CT
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to CT.
            30 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits RA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RA.
            19 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 15 (Artemis-capable ammo) at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 15 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) LT
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LT.
            3 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 20 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 2 : misses

LRM 20 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 12 : no fire..

SRM 2 at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 10 : AMS engaged! 1 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RL.
        2 damage transfers to RT.
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RT.
            7 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     AC/5 at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

AC/5 at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 11 : misses

SRM 2 at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 2 : misses

LB 10-X AC at Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Machine Gun at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses
        Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

Machine Gun at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits LL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to LL.
            13 Armor remaining.

Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 2 [2 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (2 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 3, rolls 4 : succeeds.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 2 piloting skill roll(s) (hip actuator hit; 20+ damage).
The base target is 5 [5 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (5 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (hip actuator hit) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 8, rolls 8 : succeeds.
    Roll #2, (5 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage) + 2 (hip actuator hit)); needs 8, rolls 4 : falls.
     Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its left side, suffering 6 damage.
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            6 Armor remaining.
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LA.
            5 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Connor Quinn" must roll 8 to avoid damage; rolls 5 : fails.
        Pilot of Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Connor Quinn" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Connor Quinn" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 10 : successful!

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (40+ damage).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (40+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 10 : succeeds.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 7 : succeeds.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 6 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Breaking grapple of Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar), no need to roll (original attacker).
     Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) is displaced into hex 2222.

Physical attacks for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear Kick table) LL
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 14 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is (9+1) = 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Foot.
            CRITICAL HIT on Hip.

Physical attacks for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Kick table) RL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to RL.
            7 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
    Kick (Left leg) at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Kick table) LL
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 11 damage to LL.
            4 Armor remaining.

Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (Base piloting skill).
    Roll #1, (break grapple); needs Automatic Success, rolls 4 : succeeds.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (was kicked).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (was kicked)); needs 4, rolls 11 : succeeds.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 3 piloting skill roll(s) (leg/foot actuator hit; hip actuator hit; was kicked).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 2 (hip actuator hit) + 0 (was kicked)); needs 7, rolls 8 : succeeds.
    Roll #2, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (hip actuator hit) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 0 (was kicked)); needs 7, rolls 8 : succeeds.
    Roll #3, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (was kicked) + 1 (leg/foot actuator hit) + 2 (hip actuator hit)); needs 7, rolls 6 : falls.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) goes back to the hull down position instead of falling to the ground.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (was kicked).
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (was kicked) - 1 (stable)); needs 2, rolls 9 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 20 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Adding 5 heat from a fire...
Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 5 heat, sinks 5 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 20 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 33 heat, sinks 30 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 39 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 19 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 30 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 9 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 3 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:34 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 42 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 13 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 36 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Adding 5 heat from a fire...
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 25 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Subtracting 4 heat due to combat computer...
Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 1 heat, sinks 1 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 35 heat, sinks 39 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 8 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 41 heat, sinks 41 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 20 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Objective update:
Kurita Thunderbolt destroyed (6/21)
Mad Cat 2031 crippled and withdrawing due to excessive internal damage (12/20)

Target modifiers:
Northern Mad Cats: +2
Southern Mad Cat: +1 (crippled and withdrawing)
Daishi: +2
Ryoken North: +2
Ryoken South: +3
Loki: +3 (+1 if attacker adjacent)
No ACE this round

Status notes:
Isgrimnur will generate +2 heat this round [apologies: apparently on the turn that you willingly "break grapple", you didn't get to move. You can now move normally]
Kurita Phoenix Hawk will generate +2 heat this round

Author's note: in the dictionary, under the definition of "screwed", there's a picture of that Kurita Shadow Hawk next to the Daishi.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No worries.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm not sure if we "won" that round. Our allies definitely did not.

I was hoping to settle down and get some better attack numbers, but alas, not to be.

Crusader "THEMIX" >> jump to 3306 (I think the height is better than 3107, which might have LOS issues); target Mad Cats, as appropriate

PS. What's the scoop on the Ryoken in 3806? It's not going to be firing at us, is it?

Black Lives Matter

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Oooh, I didn’t think about getting up on that hill and raining some hurt from up there! Nice choice, Nick!

Mackie moves to hex 2424 and fires at Ryoken in hex 2027
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

The Kurita on the Archer has done all of nothing with his LRMs.

> LICH: Run to 3615, alpha 4010 Mad Cat
> ARC: Try to suck less. Also, GM's choice.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:16 am PS. What's the scoop on the Ryoken in 3806? It's not going to be firing at us, is it?
He's currently unconscious, so he won't be firing at anything for a little while.
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:51 am > ARC: Try to suck less. Also, GM's choice.
lol no guarantees. He's doing pretty good at absorbing incoming fire though.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LRM 20 at Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow - - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RT
16 Armor remaining.
Wow, that went well for me.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Am I correct that my Marauder and the 3910 Mad Cat don't have LOS on each other, because he's on level 0 terrain and there's a level 2 hill between us? But me and the 4010 Mat Cat have LOS.

Assuming that's correct, my Marauder will stay put and fire everything that has a reasonable to hit at the 4010 Mad Cat.

Though maybe we do because I'm on level 1, which I think puts my height at level 3. Hmmm.

Another related question is whether the Kurita Awesome has LOS on the 4010 Mat Cat.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:17 pm Am I correct that my Marauder and the 3910 Mad Cat don't have LOS on each other, because he's on level 0 terrain and there's a level 2 hill between us? But me and the 4010 Mat Cat have LOS.

Another related question is whether the Kurita Awesome has LOS on the 4010 Mat Cat.
You've got three light woods on the same or higher level between yourself and those Mad Cats (3514, 3613 and 3612/3713 respectively). It's a little hard to see, but the Archer is in a light woods hex and 3514 is a light woods hex as well.

Kurita Awesome has LOS on the 4010 Mad Cat.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:38 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:17 pm Am I correct that my Marauder and the 3910 Mad Cat don't have LOS on each other, because he's on level 0 terrain and there's a level 2 hill between us? But me and the 4010 Mat Cat have LOS.

You've got three light woods on the same or higher level between yourself and those Mad Cats (3514, 3613 and 3612/3713 respectively). It's a little hard to see, but the Archer is in a light woods hex and 3514 is a light woods hex as well.

Kurita Awesome has LOS on the 4010 Mad Cat.
Trying to figure out if there's a way to get in LOS in one but not both Mad Cats. If I went to 3412, I think I'd be in LOS of both (notwithstanding the level 2 hill) because I'd be standing on a level 1 hill. But if I went to 3312, I think I wouldn't be in LOS of the 3910 Mad Cat but would have LOS on the 4010 Mad Cat (because he's on a level 1 hill), right?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:52 pm Trying to figure out if there's a way to get in LOS in one but not both Mad Cats. If I went to 3412, I think I'd be in LOS of both (notwithstanding the level 2 hill) because I'd be standing on a level 1 hill. But if I went to 3312, I think I wouldn't be in LOS of the 3910 Mad Cat but would have LOS on the 4010 Mad Cat (because he's on a level 1 hill), right?
You're correct about both of those hexes. Another option is to back up to 3416.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok, then.

Marauder to 3312. Fire everything with a reasonable to hit percentage against 4010 Mad Cat.
Awesome turn to face NE (face 2813). Also fire at 4010 Mad Cat.
Black Lives Matter.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

My H-H will keep on being nice and friendly to the Mad Cat, though if it gets destroyed, I'll switch over to the Ryoken.

My Kurita P/ Hawk will back out of boarding range from those Elementals and keep on shooting the Loki.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:12 pm

16 Armor remaining.
Wow, that went well for me.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

BL-KNT >> 3826, face SW, fire ErLL x2 @ Stormcrow 2027 or Timberwolf 2031

Need to make sure that astechs use alcohol to clean my mech optics and not consume it internally...
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

[pokes head into the thread]

So, uh, how's it going? Are those Clan jerks on the run yet?
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

AWS260 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:17 am [pokes head into the thread]

So, uh, how's it going? Are those Clan jerks on the run yet?
We will need to either cull the sabouteurs among the astechs or a very good priest to exorcise our mechs.