Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

Post by Isgrimnur »

Get to the watah! Loader into the pool and lob LRMS at whatever's in range.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

> LICH: Jump 5 northwards, staying within 14 hexes of the Black Hawk @1529 and shielded by the hill as well as possible,and fire ERPPC and LRM.
> LICH Decoy: Nothing.
> ARC-2R: Nothing.
> ARC-2R Decoy: Move, fire SRM and melee the Thor @1518.

As long as I proc 5 moved for making hitting me harder, wherever will be within 14 hexes of the Black Hawk and still behind the hill to shield me from the Loki and Nobori-nin.

Let's nail that Black Hawk before it fucks someone up, and before it gets to cover. We are nearly all in position to move + shoot it.
Last edited by TotallyNotEvil on Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Mackie from hex 2624 to hex 2425 then fire at Black Hawk in hex 1529 with whatever is most effective. However, can I take a shot from where I’m currently positioned? I can limit my exposure if I can fire from where I’m at.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

TEAM KURITA
Crusader >> pass
CRD-3R DECOY >> move to 2018; fire AC/5 at the better chance of either Gargoyle 1517 or Summoner 1518

TEAM OO
THEMIX >> rotate one to face sw; fire LRM/10 x2 @ Black Hawk 1529
THEMIX DECOY >> pass

For personal understanding, my missile shots will get negative modifications for
1) +2 due to medium range (not sure about this... it looks like short range is the minimum range; which implies that LRMs don't actually have a short range)
2) +1 due to the light woods at 2325
3) +1-3 due the target's movement... this round? or last round?
4) my turning? the notes would imply turning doesn't affect targeting

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:38 pm Warhammer Decoy from 2412 to hex 2011 and if possible fire at Mad Cat in hex 1208
Unless my math is off, you'd need like 7 movement points for that (2 for the open hexes + 3 for the water hex + 2 for the light woods). The decoys only have 2/3.

I may have screwed up the movement a bit. I thought I copied the movement costs to my notes, but I apparently only got some.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

TheMix wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:46 pm
$iljanus wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:38 pm Warhammer Decoy from 2412 to hex 2011 and if possible fire at Mad Cat in hex 1208
Unless my math is off, you'd need like 7 movement points for that (2 for the open hexes + 3 for the water hex + 2 for the light woods). The decoys only have 2/3.

I may have screwed up the movement a bit. I thought I copied the movement costs to my notes, but I apparently only got some.
Oops that’s right! Thanks!

Warhammer decoy to hex 2212. Fire if able at best target.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Nick, can you upload the save file?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Black Lives Matter
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Whatever mechs can target the Black Hawk, do so, priority given to the expendable decoys

Sorry for how vague this is but I do not know how the rules work enough to make anything more solid.
Last edited by WestorEast on Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

All good. Your mechwarrior knows what they're doing. Other than the whole "climb into a sweaty cockpit above a 30 ton fusion reactor to kill people in exchange for money" thing.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Thank you, will post my moves in a bit or early AM. Feeling exhausted atm.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

WestorEast wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:37 pm Whatever mechs can target the Black Knight, do so, priority given to the expendable decoys

Sorry for how vague this is but I do not know how the rules work enough to make anything more solid.
Someone trolling hard for a promotion, quiaff? :twisted:
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Leraje wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:17 pm
WestorEast wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:37 pm Whatever mechs can target the Black Knight, do so, priority given to the expendable decoys

Those who can't fight, lead.
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

WestorEast wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:14 pm

Now given that the only Black Knight on the field is on our side and is driven by me... :shock:
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

BL-KNT >> 3824, fire ErPPC ad ErLL x2 @ Nova 1529
ON1-K >> Stay Put
BL_Bait >> stay put
ON1_Bait >> 2207, fire @ Hellbringer 1306
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

My marauder can't hit the rear arc of the Thor or the Man O' War, can it?

In any event, my marauder is going to stay still and fire both PPCs and the Gauss again at the Thor. Decoy stays and keeps looking menacing.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:43 pm Also for Kurita forces I'll have the AWS (SRM) decoy turn to the right and move forward as fast as feasible.
So, it looks like my Awesome ran forward, when the decoy was supposed to run forward. Oh well.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, might as well have the Awesome keep going. He'll run to 3110, and then fire at anyone he can plausibly hit (seems likely that the forest cover is blocking any shots, unless I'm missing something).
Black Lives Matter.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Leraje wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:24 pm
WestorEast wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:14 pm

Now given that the only Black Knight on the field is on our side and is driven by me... :shock:
Now that I've double checked and saw that the enemy has a Black Hawk, not a Black Knight (no way to get thoseconfused), I understand what you were getting at and have changed my input!
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Experiencing technical difficulties with vibrabombs. Update will be up later tonight.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:07 pm Experiencing technical difficulties with vibrabombs. Update will be up later tonight.
We got em on the run! :horse:
Black lives matter!

TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Leraje wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:16 pm
Wasn't there a new build necessary to use these saves?
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Leraje wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:16 pm
Wasn't there a new build necessary to use these saves?
Yeah, but I downloaded it for temp usage.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

[AN: took a little longer to get the update out, there sure were a lot of issues with vibrabombs]

"Target that Black Hawk!" Lich calls out, aiming the Griffin's PPC and LRMs at said mech, but being unable to connect. A brief glance at the remote controlled mech's status indicator shows that its SRM/6 launcher has been disabled (and in fact its entire left torso section is gone).

TheMix rotates his mech to the left, keeping the legs firmly planted for increased accuracy and lets rip with the LRMs. Most of the warheads go wide, although a few do connect with the squat mech's left arm.

Siljanus does likewise, except without having to rotate the torso more than a couple of degrees to keep the PPCs and gauss rifle pointed at the incoming medium. Both PPC shots connect, although the Black Hawk's low profile keeps the second one from doing any real damage (especially when about half the charged particle beam intersects with a battle armor suit clinging on to the left torso).

Moley helps out with the Black Hawk, sending a few LRMs and a laser towards the medium, the laser going wide but a few of the LRMs pinging the center of mass.

Isgrimnur finally gets his LoaderMech into the water, protecting its legs from incoming fire, which should slightly increase its longevity. To our mechwarrior's great delight, he's even able to get a missile lock on the approaching Hellbringer. At which point the Black Hawk, despite being the target of a significant amount of firepower, spears the LoaderMech through the center of mass, badly damaging the engine shielding. One of the lasers does hit the water instead of a leg though.

"Almost at the mines... " WestOrEast reports, watching the somewhat laggy feed from the LoaderMech. "... nope one of the vibrabombs just blew. Damn Loki is too heavy."

El Guapo mostly ignores the chatter, keeping his mech steady while the cockpit heat slowly climbs and aiming at the Thor that's broken north to engage one of the Kurita drones there. Another PPC shot takes a sizeable chunk off the 70-tonner's right torso. An SRM-toting LoaderMech runs up to the Thor as well, pinging several SRMs off the fairly thick armor, but the Man O' War unloads short-range weapons on it, blasting it with a laser and multiple SRMs, as well as managing to swing around an ungainly-looking autocannon and blast the poor LoaderMech in the center of mass. With the gyro shredded, the mech drops to the ground and ceases moving entirely. The Thor targets the other nearby autocannon-equipped LoaderMech, which was previously missing an arm, and somewhat surgically removes the rest of its limbs. El Guapo notes with pleasure yellow indicators on both the left leg and right torso armor sections of the target outline.

"Hah! I have the first kill!" comes a transmission over the general frequencies. "Look at that slow Phoenix Hawk, it cannot even get up to use its weapons!"

"Great, here comes the chatter." Leraje comments, aiming the Black Knight's long-range weapons at the Black Hawk way down the hill, the cockpit heat climbing as the mech's heat sinks work overtime. The lasers and PPC form a pretty pattern in the grass but have no effect otherwise. A brief blip indicates that the connection to his remotely-operated mech has been severed, likely due to a medium laser through the head.

WestOrEast's moves the LoaderMech forward, firing lasers at the nearby Nobori-Nin, but a PPC blast comes in from the target mech, and the camera feed cuts out. "Just as well." the mechwarrior comments. "Don't have to drive that piece of crap anymore."

A massive explosion is visible to the north, with Kurita chatter indicating a completely destroyed LoaderMech, and two more disabled.

Having finished off their opponents, the Thor and Man O' War break east, pointing their menacing weaponry in our direction. El Guapo cringes as the two chunky mechs set off the "way too low setting" vibrabombs from upwards of 90 meters away. "Stupid dracs should have set the mass setting higher..." he mutters. The Nobori-Nin does manage to step on some vibrabombs, damaging its leg armor, but within a few seconds, the rest of the clanners stop short of the river (except that one Ryoken which dances among the conventional mines like some kind of ballet dancer, avoiding any damage whatsoever). Seems that they're on to that particular trick. At least it doesn't look like they've figured out about the decoy mechs yet.

Current battlefield status:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw firing/heat data:
Spoiler:
LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving from hex 2427 to hex 2327 (entering Depth 1 Water).
Needs 4 [5 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (entering Depth 1 Water)], rolls 5 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

ER PPC at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side table) RT
        Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 11 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 4.
            11 Armor remaining.

Gauss Rifle at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 2 : misses

LRM 10 at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - 3 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 12.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            20 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Hex: 2425 (Ignite) needs 0, rolls 7 : hits!
        Needs 7 [7 (Medium Laser)] to ignite, rolls 3

Weapons fire for Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits LL
        Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LL.
            10 Armor remaining.

PPC at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow - - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - hits LT
        Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LT.
            The passenger, Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar), gets in the way.
                Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:18 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to Trooper 2.
                    8 Armor remaining.
            16 Armor remaining.

Gauss Rifle at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - 3 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to LA.
            13 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

ER Large Laser at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

ER Large Laser at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 5 at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 15 at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:195 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 5 at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     SRM 6 at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -4 missile(s) hit (w/ -4 malus).

Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LL.
            11 Armor remaining.

Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RL.
            21 Armor remaining.

Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LL.
            9 Armor remaining.

Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 7.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            9 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     AC/5 at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 5 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:43 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 3 : possible fire.
        Needs 9 [7 (Large Laser) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 3

Weapons fire for LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

ER Large Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits LA
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Lower Arm.

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:37 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits LL
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 16 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        8 damage transfers to LT.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is (6+1) = 7; no effect.
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to LT.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            Armor destroyed.
             1 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (5+1) = 6; no effect.

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

Streak SRM 6 at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 3 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Small Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits LT
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 5; no effect.

SRM 6 at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - 6 missile(s) hit (w/ +4 bonus).

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            2 Armor remaining.

0 Armor remaining.

4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (3+2) = 5; no effect.

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL.
            0 Armor remaining.

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (5+2) = 7; no effect.

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            0 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 2 : misses

LB 5-X AC (Cluster ammo) at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

LB 5-X AC (Cluster ammo) at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 4 pellet(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LT.
        1 damage transfers to CT.
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (6+1) = 7; no effect.

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LL.
            3 Armor remaining.

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LA.
        1 damage transfers to LT.
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LT.
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (11+1) = 12; 3 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.
            CRITICAL HIT on Standard Gyro.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RA.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is (7+1) = 8; 1 location.

Weapons fire for Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits RL
        LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 15 damage to RL.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        7 damage transfers to RT.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 7; no effect.
        LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 6.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on +AC/5.

LB 10-X AC at LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits LL
        LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 12 damage to LL.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        4 damage transfers to LT.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is (5+2) = 7; no effect.
        LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to LT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 9.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            0 Armor remaining.

LRM 15 at LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - 12 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is (11+1) = 12;LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.

LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
        5 damage transfers to RT.
        LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        3 damage transfers to CT.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (8+1) = 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on Heat Sink.
        LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to CT.
            3 Armor remaining.

LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
        2 damage transfers to LT.
        LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (3+1) = 4; no effect.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits LT
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 9.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (10-2) = 8; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on LRM 5 Ammo (22).
            *** LRM 5 Ammo EXPLODES! 110 DAMAGE! ***
        Pilot of LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Fadhila Taymullah" takes 2 damage (2 total hits).
        Pilot of LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Fadhila Taymullah" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 7 : successful!
        Pilot of LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Fadhila Taymullah" needs a 5 to stay conscious. Rolls 7 : successful!

>LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
            Needs 4 [5 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 12 : succeeds.
                    The pilot ejects safely!
         *** LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
                LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 110 damage to LT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
                106 damage transfers to CT.
                    Critical hit on LT.         Roll is 6;         no effect.
                LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 106 damage to CT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
                    Critical hit on CT.         Roll is 10;         2 locations.
                    CRITICAL HIT on Engine.

Medium Pulse Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits RT
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RT.
            1 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:33 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:43 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

ER Large Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:43 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:43 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 5 : misses

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:43 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits LA
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:43 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LA.
            1 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:43 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 16 damage to CT.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (8+1) = 9; 1 location.

Medium Pulse Laser at LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to CT.

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 6 pellet(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RT.
            3 Armor remaining.

LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.

2 Armor remaining.

1 Armor remaining.

LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LT.
            3 Armor remaining.

LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:191 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RA.
            3 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:195 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:195 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 12 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:195 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits RT
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:195 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 5.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 7; no effect.

Streak SRM 6 at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:195 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 5 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 11 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        4 damage transfers to RT.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is (6+1) = 7; no effect.
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to RT.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            0 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT.
            1 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits HD
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to HD.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by damage! ***
         >LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
    Needs 7 [5 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) + 3 (Head Internal Structure Damage) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 9 : succeeds.
            The pilot ejects safely!

Pilot of Pilot Rasheeda Jadoon ID:197 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Rasheeda Jadoon" takes 5 damage (5 total hits).
            Critical hit on HD. Roll is (9+1) = 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Sensors.
            CRITICAL HIT on Sensors.

Pilot of LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords) "Rasheeda Jadoon" has ejected, so no damage is dealt!

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits LL
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            1 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:187 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RL
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 suffers no damage. (RL behind cover)

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) CT
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 11.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            Armor destroyed.
             5 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RT
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RT.
            Armor destroyed.
             1 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (7+1) = 8; 1 location.

ER Medium Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) LT
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 4; no effect.

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) RA
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is (5-2) = 3; no effect.

Large Pulse Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:42 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:190 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) LA
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:190 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 11 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        4 damage transfers to LT.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is (9+1) = 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Upper Arm.
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:190 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to LT.
            0 Armor remaining.

Gauss Rifle at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:190 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 ((Clan) Artemis-capable ammo) at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:190 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -6 missile(s) hit (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) (w/ -2 malus).

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:190 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
        5 damage transfers to LT.
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:190 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (9-2) = 7; no effect.

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:190 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RT.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (8-2) = 6; no effect.

SRM 4 ((Clan) Artemis-capable ammo) at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:190 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 9 : misses

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 9 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R ID:25 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Large Pulse Laser at Warhammer WHM-6R ID:25 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table) LA
        Warhammer WHM-6R ID:25 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LA.
            10 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:41 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

ER PPC at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:41 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow -hits CT
        LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:41 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 6.
            Armor destroyed.
             5 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (6-2) = 4; no effect.

Medium Pulse Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:41 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:41 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Medium Pulse Laser at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:41 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Streak SRM 6 at LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:41 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : fails to achieve lock.

LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 2 piloting skill roll(s) (gyro hit; 20+ damage).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 3 (gyro hit) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 10, rolls 3 : falls.
     LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its right side, suffering 2 damage.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** LoaderMech SRM6-FLU ID:38 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 5; no effect.

LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (leg destroyed).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (leg destroyed); automatically fails.
     LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its left side, suffering 2 damage.
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 11; 2 locations.
        LoaderMech LL-FLU ID:39 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to CT.
            5 Armor remaining.

LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 3 piloting skill roll(s) (leg destroyed; leg destroyed; 20+ damage).
The base target is 7 [7 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (leg destroyed); automatically fails.
     LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its rear, suffering 2 damage.
        LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
        2 damage transfers to LTR.
        LoaderMech AC5-FLU ID:40 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LTR.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 10; 2 locations.

LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 5 [5 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (5 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 6, rolls 6 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 31 heat, sinks 30 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 40 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 25 heat, sinks 25 heat and is now at 0 heat.
BattleMaster BLR-1G ID:21 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6R ID:25 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (Isgrimnur DECOY) gains 14 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 38 heat, sinks 38 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 22 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 36 heat, sinks 34 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 27 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 41 heat, sinks 41 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 14 heat, sinks 14 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 24 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 23 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 27 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Subtracting 4 heat due to combat computer...
Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 43 heat, sinks 36 heat and is now at 7 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 20 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 44 heat, sinks 40 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 22 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 41 heat, sinks 41 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 22 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Enemy movement modifiers:
Nobori-Nin: +2
Mad Cat 2133: +2
Man O' War: +2
Thor: +5 (+3 jumping, +2 heavy woods)
Mad Cat 1512: +2
Loki 1410: +2
Ryoken 2003: +4
Ryoken 1801: +2
Daishi: +1
Vulture 1205: +2
The rest are +3

Current Mech Status:
LoaderMech (PXH1 DECOY), disconnected (may still self-destruct)
LoaderMech (TheMix DECOY), right leg, right arm destroyed
LoaderMech (Lich DECOY), no arms, no weapons remaining
LoaderMech (CRD-3R DECOY), no arms, no legs, no weapons
LoaderMech (TDR-5S DECOY), disconnected (may still self-destruct)
LoaderMech (BLR-1G DECOY), destroyed
LoaderMech (WHM-6R DECOY), left arm destroyed, right leg armor destroyed
LoaderMech (Stefan DECOY), right torso armor destroyed
LoaderMech (Isgrimnur DECOY), 2x engine crit, 1 heat sink destroyed (+11 heat/turn, heat sink capacity 12 due to leg heat sinks). No torso armor. Pro tip: don't get out of the water.

Kurita Orion and Kurita Warhammer have been directly fired at and will not operate their decoys unless out of LOS of hostiles.

Note: you may trigger self-destruct on a decoy even if you're not operating it.

Graveyard:
LoaderMech (WestOrEast DECOY) destroyed
LoaderMech (Leraje DECOY) destroyed
LoaderMech (ARC-2R DECOY) destroyed
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Note - to load this save (first link), you have to use this MegaMek build (second link), as I had to make a lot of changes to get things working semi-properly (still a work in progress, but should be fine for playing around).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7wary7grv9oq ... av.gz?dl=0
https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/pull ... 3778105567
Black Lives Matter
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Ahhh dammit, that was absolutely shit shooting.

With El Guapo spotting, the Thor doesn't have cover against indirect fire, yes?

Truth of it is that piloting decoys is a waste of a turn from our much, much better mechs. Time to stop messing around, I think.

They are great meat shields tho.

We did almost nothing to the Black Hawk. The Loki is now out of position. Let's try and take it out? It's thin-skinned.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:39 pm Truth of it is that piloting decoys is a waste of a turn from our much, much better mechs. Time to stop messing around, I think.
Mechanically speaking, yeah. But the clanners might get suspicious if they don't shoot at all. :D

Of course, they're probably going to start getting a little suspicious given how easily the decoys are going down.
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:39 pm With El Guapo spotting, the Thor doesn't have cover against indirect fire, yes?
It's in heavy woods, so it's got as much cover vs indirect as it does vs direct.
Black Lives Matter
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Do you have the map at a larger size? I can see the mechs but I can't make out the names for them

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out.
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Alright, my tentative plan is for my K. Phoenix Hawk to move to 1909 and fire at the Mad Cat currently on hex 1705. And for H-H to move around the hill and engage the Mad Cat currently at 2133.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

... Wait, the Loki has its back turned?
To six of our mechs?

>LICH: Move to 2824, alpha strike 1630 Loki.
>ARC-2R: Fire all LRMs at 1705 MadCat, as it has its back to us, in whichever manner/whichever spotter is easier to hit with.
> DECOYS: Nothing

Hopefully, rolls won't be awful. No woods, mid range for everything. Come on now.

There's a Mad Cad with its back sorta-turned at 1705. It might be the time to move some serious Kurita mechs and try to concentrate fire on it's back/right side. We have a Warhammer, Orion, Wolverine and maybe Marauder that look like they could fire with just a single woods in the way if they move a bit. Who's piloting those?

With a bit of luck, we could put two mechs out of commission this turn.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Question for the group at large (and NA, obviously). Is it worth trying to blow up the Kurita Crusader decoy? The Thor is right next to it. But... 1) it doesn't do much damage (as I understand it), and 2) I'm still unclear at the likelihood that the Thor would still be there when it actually blows.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

And possibly the same question for THEMIX decoy. The Mad Cat is adjacent. But so is the LICH decoy. And the battle armor is close. Should I blow it? (Assuming that "jammed" doesn't mean I can't. If it does, then would Lich blowing his possibly cause mine to also blow? Maybe move his to 2132 and get the battle armor too?)

Black Lives Matter

Leraje

Post by Leraje »

Couldn't get the save to load, so I may be off with lines of sight.

BL-KNT >> backpedal to 3924, fire ErLL x2 @ Hellbringer 1630
ON1-K >> backpedal to 2704, fire AC10 and LRM @ Hellbringer 1410
ON1_Bait >> stay put
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Warhammer-K from 2605 to 2306. Facing towards Mad Cat in 1705 and fires

Would like to move my Mackie in 2624 to 2426 and shoot at that Ryoken in hex 1724 (it’s shallow enough for me to fire from?)
Black lives matter!

WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

Move H-H west and fire at the Mad Cat at 2133.

Move Phoenix Hawk to 1909 and fire at the Mad Cat on 1705.
Last edited by WestorEast on Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Decoy, keep decoying.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I don't have time to do moves until tomorrow night, so if everything else is ready to process, go ahead and make the decisions for my guys. Probably shoot at the Loki with my Marauder if I have a decent shot at it, otherwise back up and then shoot at the Thor again.
Black Lives Matter.
moleymoleymoley

Post by moleymoleymoley »

Move Moley Tbolt to 2526 and fire everything that will reach at the Loki please :)
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:14 am Question for the group at large (and NA, obviously). Is it worth trying to blow up the Kurita Crusader decoy? The Thor is right next to it. But... 1) it doesn't do much damage (as I understand it), and 2) I'm still unclear at the likelihood that the Thor would still be there when it actually blows.
Trying to predict where a mech will be a turn from now is pretty tough, but, with the exception of the slowest mechs, it's pretty likely that, unless downed and/or immobilized, a mech won't be anywhere near where it started.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:35 am
TheMix wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:14 am Question for the group at large (and NA, obviously). Is it worth trying to blow up the Kurita Crusader decoy? The Thor is right next to it. But... 1) it doesn't do much damage (as I understand it), and 2) I'm still unclear at the likelihood that the Thor would still be there when it actually blows.
Trying to predict where a mech will be a turn from now is pretty tough, but, with the exception of the slowest mechs, it's pretty likely that, unless downed and/or immobilized, a mech won't be anywhere near where it started.
True. Except I'm still fuzzy on who goes when. If we go first, then the Clan mechs may still be where they are. Also, will a Clan mech continue forward and leave a potential enemy behind them? Both my decoys are prone, but not necessarily out. Assuming, of course, that the Clan mechs haven't figured out that they can ignore them. If they do stop to "finish off" the decoys, will they still be able to explode? (i.e. would the signal have already been sent?)

Black Lives Matter