Whatcha boycotting?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Jaymann

Re: Whatcha boycotting?

Post by Jaymann »

Kraken wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:45 pm Thanks for mentioning Blizzard, nox. I've drifted away from gaming and hadn't heard anything about this. I don't think I've bought a Blizzard game since Diablo II, though, so easy boycott for me :D .

Salvation Army is one I forgot to mention. I'm leery of religious organizations in general, although I do throw a few bucks to a local interfaith group now and then because one of my friends is a booster.

I'd like to know why Jaymann mentioned Bank of America. Are they worse than other megabanks?
Megabanks pretty much all suck. But as I posted above: BoA is personal. They shafted me when they wouldn't cash a payroll check at my home branch back in the 80's when I was literally living paycheck to paycheck. So I switched to Security Pacific. Then they bought Security Pacific and I ended right back with them.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:59 pm
Kraken wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:45 pm Thanks for mentioning Blizzard, nox. I've drifted away from gaming and hadn't heard anything about this. I don't think I've bought a Blizzard game since Diablo II, though, so easy boycott for me :D .

Salvation Army is one I forgot to mention. I'm leery of religious organizations in general, although I do throw a few bucks to a local interfaith group now and then because one of my friends is a booster.

I'd like to know why Jaymann mentioned Bank of America. Are they worse than other megabanks?
Megabanks pretty much all suck. But as I posted above: BoA is personal. They shafted me when they wouldn't cash a payroll check at my home branch back in the 80's when I was literally living paycheck to paycheck. So I switched to Security Pacific. Then they bought Security Pacific and I ended right back with them.
Anecdote from the '80s doesnt budge my outrage meter. I'm in BoA's advisory panel, which basically means they're harvesting questionnaires in exchange for trivial rewards. I'm a sucker for anyone who pretends to care what I think. Social concerns come up regularly in these polls, and I don't have any specific gripes against them. I rate them a neutral 5 on a 1-10 scale.

But yeah, BoA is BorgBank. I've been banking at the same branch since it was Marine Midland, then BayBank, then BayBanks, then Bank of Boston, then BankBoston, and now BoA, and I've learned that the name over the door doesn't mater much. I still call it BayBank.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:44 pm
noxiousdog wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:45 pm That's a weird take. Don't boycott the group that's doing the bad stuff... Boycott the ones that support them? Like the streamers that buy their games??
Group that's doing the bad stuff?

Blizzard isn't doing 'bad stuff' as an organization. There are individuals within Blizzard who are doing bad stuff. "Blizzard" is 10,000 people. 9,9XX of them have nothing to do with the what happened, and cutting off those peoples' incomes would do nothing but harm. And that goes a hundred-fold for the third parties that aren't even part of Activision-Blizzard, but just publish games through them. What'll it do to boycott them? Reduce some suit's $25,000,000 income by a few tens of thousands? Pfft. It probably won't do that, and if did, they wouldn't care. Boycotting Blizzard mostly affects the individuals, not the organization, not the leadership, and certainly doesn't address the issue. Social and legal pressure are what are targeting the fraction of a percent whose behavior needs to change.

The Salvation Army/Chik-Fil-A (the two I personally mentioned), as organizations, are doing things I find repugnant, and doing so actively. Dropping money into their pockets directly promotes and funds their bad behavior, unlike Blizzard's management. Yes, they have employees, and losing business hurts them, but it also reduces their ability to do the harm in question, partially because they're using their profits directly to do the harm. Again, that's not true of Blizzard.

Blizzard is shedding executives like crazy right now, and while they probably have enough to retire, their careers are over. They're toxic. They're also becoming a cautionary tale for the entire industry, which is even more important. Is it enough? Hell no. But it is more effective than a meaningless boycott that will almost exclusively cause peripheral damage. It isn't the boycotts that are driving these things.
This really doesn't make any sense. ATVI, as a company, has enabled bad behavior. You can't say it's unfair to employees to boycott them but not unfair to those at chck-fil-a to do the same. You want to make change at ATVI, hit their bottom line and shareholders will make their feelings known. The board can only protect Bobby and the rest so far. Negative tweets are one thing, declining revenue is another.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

What happened at Blizzard was terrible and I have no problems with anyone boycotting them for those things. But it seems to me a false equivalent to equate what happened at Blizzard, which affected its employees, to companies that support policies that are (in my opinion, of course) harmful the nation and/or entire world.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I have no problem with people boycotting Blizzard. I just don't see Blizzard's misdeeds (individual employees actions) as the equivalent of a company who are actively using their profits to cause harm, or a company who actively works against human rights and dignity as a matter of open policy. And I don't believe that the same hammer is the best solution to every problem.

*shrug* Nobody's required to see it my way, and people rarely do see things my way, and that's fine.

And in case people missed it earlier, I'm neither boycotting nor patronizing Blizzard. If they had a game I wanted it would be a decision I'd need to make - but they don't. That means I get to wait and see how things work out before making a decision.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

noxiousdog wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:38 pm Blizzard.

I'm also quite surprised more of my OO brethren won't take a stand. I guess it's much easier to make such a stand when you don't like the product.
That's the thing. I haven't bought an Activision product since??? Blizzard? It was Warcraft III, which was a gift, and I hardly touched it. It's hard to think of myself of boycotting Blizzard when I lost interest in them 20 years ago. Sure, I can actively avoid them, but it's not like I'm going out of my way to do so, in reality. That's like me boycotting cilantro or cowleeflower.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:48 am What happened at Blizzard was terrible and I have no problems with anyone boycotting them for those things. But it seems to me a false equivalent to equate what happened at Blizzard, which affected its employees, to companies that support policies that are (in my opinion, of course) harmful the nation and/or entire world.
Companies like Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby actually gain loyal customers for their moral stances. I won't give a dime to either but they have made their decision intentionally and have probably priced in people like me.

ATVI never set out to promote sexual abuse, harassment, and gender descrimination. It isn't part of their official corporate policy. One could actually argue that it would be more effective to boycott them than a company that has repeatedly stated that they intend to live or die by their discriminatory practices.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:44 pm Blizzard isn't doing 'bad stuff' as an organization. There are individuals within Blizzard who are doing bad stuff. "Blizzard" is 10,000 people. 9,9XX of them have nothing to do with the what happened, and cutting off those peoples' incomes would do nothing but harm. And that goes a hundred-fold for the third parties that aren't even part of Activision-Blizzard, but just publish games through them. What'll it do to boycott them? Reduce some suit's $25,000,000 income by a few tens of thousands? Pfft. It probably won't do that, and if did, they wouldn't care. Boycotting Blizzard mostly affects the individuals, not the organization, not the leadership, and certainly doesn't address the issue. Social and legal pressure are what are targeting the fraction of a percent whose behavior needs to change.
I believe you are uniformed. This is absolutely a culture from the top to the bottom of the company.

Further, you really think the rank and file of chik-fil-a and hobby lobby believe in their CEO donations?
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And yet there is the other aspect of a boycott - choosing what your money supports. Buying a Blizzard game doesn't fund sexual abuse. Buying a chicken sandwich funds anti-LGBTQ activities.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:07 am I have no problem with people boycotting Blizzard. I just don't see Blizzard's misdeeds (individual employees actions) as the equivalent of a company who are actively using their profits to cause harm, or a company who actively works against human rights and dignity as a matter of open policy. And I don't believe that the same hammer is the best solution to every problem.

*shrug* Nobody's required to see it my way, and people rarely do see things my way, and that's fine.

And in case people missed it earlier, I'm neither boycotting nor patronizing Blizzard. If they had a game I wanted it would be a decision I'd need to make - but they don't. That means I get to wait and see how things work out before making a decision.
I don't have any problem with with a person not boycotting blizzard. Everybody has to make their own decisions.

I do have a problem that such a small number people on such a progressive forum as OO have chosen to do so.

All you have to do is go to some of the threads during #metoo and the outrage FLOWED. But actually making some self-sacrifice to support a change? It's disappointing in my opinion.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:47 am And yet there is the other aspect of a boycott - choosing what your money supports. Buying a Blizzard game doesn't fund sexual abuse. Buying a chicken sandwich funds anti-LGBTQ activities.
That's where you're wrong. As long as Bobby Kotick is in charge of Activision Blizzard, you're funding sexual abuse. There's over a decade of evidence to back it up.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:51 am
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:47 am And yet there is the other aspect of a boycott - choosing what your money supports. Buying a Blizzard game doesn't fund sexual abuse. Buying a chicken sandwich funds anti-LGBTQ activities.
That's where you're wrong. As long as Bobby Kotick is in charge of Activision Blizzard, you're funding sexual abuse. There's over a decade of evidence to back it up.
There are more things than 'your view' and 'wrong.' Whether you double his income or halve it, the abuse is the same. Double Chik-Fil-As income and the harm increases.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Every year I make a decision to keep my CostCo membership rather than signing up with Sams Club.
Every time I go shopping for "something", I make a decision to not go to Walmart.
If I ate fast food, I would likely make a decision to pass on Chick-fil-A; though this one is pretty pointless since I rarely eat fast food.
The rare time I need something crafty, I go to Michaels and actively avoid Hobby Lobby.

But Blizzard? I suppose, as has been noted, if I were interested in something they have available, I'd have to make that decision. But it feels like we are being asked, nay demanded, to take a stance on something that has no relevance. Should I also proudly state that I'm boycotting Sam Adams when I don't drink alcohol? (Just an example.)

I'm a little put off that I'm being judged (and somewhat harshly) for not vocally boycotting something that I wasn't even contemplating.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

TheMix wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:45 am I'm a little put off that I'm being judged (and somewhat harshly) for not vocally boycotting something that I wasn't even contemplating.
I'm not judging you. I have no idea what your purchases of Blizzard/Activision look like.

I do know that OO buys a lot of blizzard games, and I'm disappointed that as a whole there are not more folks calling it out.
Black Lives Matter

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:36 am There are more things than 'your view' and 'wrong.' Whether you double his income or halve it, the abuse is the same.
If you can materially affect Blizzard / Activision's revenue by boycott, Kotick will be fired and a new culture can be put in place.
Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

OO "bought" a lot of Blizzard games. I'm not sure it is a fair characterization to say that OO "buys" a lot of Blizzard games.

I'm not even sure what recent options exist. Diablo 3 was a long time ago. Maybe the expansion? Also a long time ago (I think). Hearthstone, I suppose. But I think most people spend gold, not actual money on it. There is the new D2R, but my sense was that most of the people that got it purchased it before everything blew up. WoW expansions and monthly fees? Possibly. But the only person I know that currently still plays uses gold to "pay" for those.

I think a lot of people called Blizzard out in the other thread.

It just feels a bit unreasonable to expect people to declare they aren't doing something that they weren't going to do anyway. By those rules, there are probably a lot of things that I'm "boycotting".

Also, I consider myself part of OO. So when you judge (and being "disappointed" certainly feels like it could be taken that way - but if you want to use different words, I guess that's fine) OO, I do feel included.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Lots of people called it out. Only a few have said they're boycotting. Only a few have openly purchased Blizzard games. The rest didn't say anything, or it simply didn't apply to them. I mean, if you didn't want Diablo 2, what's the next Blizzard game to be released? Overwatch 2? Diablo 4? The next WoW expansion? Only one has received any publicity, one hasn't been announced, and none of them even have release dates yet. What, exactly, are people going to boycott? Or do you still mean all of Activision/Blizzard (people are incredibly vague on this)? Ok, now we're talking Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk, Candy Crush, maybe a few others. Again, those games don't really have much of a following here. What are you expecting people to do? Loudly proclaim that they're not doing business with a company they weren't doing business with to begin with?

And yet they're getting judged for not doing so.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Dammit, researching titles got me scooped.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

TheMix wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:25 pm I think a lot of people called Blizzard out in the other thread.
And by a And most of those folks said it wouldn't affect their purchase decisions. 5 said no more. 15 are continuing (combo of bliz thread + d2 remaster)
It just feels a bit unreasonable to expect people to declare they aren't doing something that they weren't going to do anyway. By those rules, there are probably a lot of things that I'm "boycotting".
I'm looking at active stances and actions, not passive.
Also, I consider myself part of OO. So when you judge (and being "disappointed" certainly feels like it could be taken that way - but if you want to use different words, I guess that's fine) OO, I do feel included.
Me too. That's why I'm disappointed.
Black Lives Matter

Combustible Lemur

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Teasing/ Man I really wish I had NOXIOUS DOG goes full SJW on my OO evolutions bingo card./teasing

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
Combustible Lemur

Fwiw my two struggles are home depot and hobby lobby. As a HS theatre teacher they are somewhat inescapable theatrical supply stores.but we try to avoid them.

I've almost completely cut Chick-fil-A out of my life.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:58 pm I'm looking at active stances and actions, not passive.
I wouldn't think of it as a boycott unless it were active. Not doing something you weren't going to do anyway isn't that meaningful. Shopping at WalMart would be convenient for me. It is on my commute and their prices are consistently low, which appeals to me. I almost never shop there. It is a conscious inconvenience to me to not shop there. I don't think I'm boycotting them. I'll shop there if it's not reasonable to shop somewhere else. (I think about 4 times in the last decade) Blizzard/Activision? The last time I purchased something from them was a duplicate expansion DVD for D2 on discount. That was maybe 2003/2004. Not buying from them is hardly a boycott. Be disappointed if you must. I'll disapprove their institutionalized behavior and continue not buying their products but I can't see calling that a boycott. It inconveniences me not in the least to not buy their stuff.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Not everybody is always going to be behind every cause, line up behind every issue, try to solve every problem. If they did suddenly start avoiding every business that has an issue, they would have to live by subsistence farming and barter. Maybe not even barter. Most people will support some causes, but ignore others just due to the sheer number of them. I don't actively support groups that deal with farm animal rights. I still eat eggs and cheese. That doesn't mean I don't care about animal welfare. It just means that humanity sucks, and we can't possibly stay on top of all of the evil, or take every evil into account. Most of us have issues that we are closer to, and are more likely to act against. That doesn't mean that the others aren't just as significant, just that we have a limit as to how much we can do.

I'm undecided on Blizzard, as I'm not doing business with them right now and would prefer to take a stance when I have more information (ie - how they handle things between now and whenever.) I don't buy from Chik-Fil-A, but don't judge those that do - I'm sure I do things that they'd look down on. I don't like Hobby Lobby, but I shop there because it is the only craft store I have access to. I don't donate to the Salvation Army. I do donate to the local free store instead. I'm keeping a close eye on the Boy Scouts to see how much of their change is actually change. I don't boycott businesses just because the CEO supported Trump - in Indiana I'd have to stop going to most businesses. I won't enter a store that forbids masks. I won't enter a store that flies a confederate flag.

I have the issues that I, for whatever personal reasons, the issues that I am going to spend my finite amount of energy and outrage on. Again - it doesn't mean that the others aren't important, just that no individual can possibly address every one of them.

And I think it is shitty to judge people because they hold slightly different values from yours, because they prioritize evils differently from you.

Seriously, why don't you go start a new thread in the gaming forum (this is a gaming issue, not a political one - this is R&P, not R&P&Controversy) with a poll? "Will you boycott Blizzard?" "Yes/No/I don't do business with them/Yes but I feel dirty/I really don't care/I don't know/"
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:58 pm I'm looking at active stances and actions, not passive.
So. Again, you want me to take an active stance on something that is not relevant to me?

Should I also take a stance on women fashion lines? Perfume brands? Feminine hygiene product lines? Baby product lines? Alcohol brands?

That you expect everyone to take an active stance on something that isn't relevant to them is absurd.

If someone I knew outside of OO said they were going to purchase a Blizzard product, I would probably ask if they were aware of the current issues. If Blizzard offers a product that I'm interested in, I'll have to make a decision about whether to boycott them. But, no, I'm not going to fill up Twitter, Yelp, etc. claiming that I won't be buying any products that I was already not going to buy.

Frankly, I do not have the time or energy to try and figure out all of the possible companies and people that need to be boycotted that I currently have no intention of engaging with. That would be both impossible and exhausting.

So, sadly, I will continue to be passive in my boycotting of everything that needs to be boycotted.

Black Lives Matter

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Combustible Lemur wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:11 pm Fwiw my two struggles are home depot and hobby lobby. As a HS theatre teacher they are somewhat inescapable theatrical supply stores.but we try to avoid them.

I've almost completely cut Chick-fil-A out of my life.

HD is kind of on my list, in that I prefer to patronize my local true-value that's been in business since 1947. Every now and then HD is inescapable, but not often. I can't even remember how they got on my shitlist -- I think by mistreating their employees? A real quick googling didn't turn up any consistent complaints against them.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The bickering in this thread is exactly why I don't participate in any boycotts. I don't believe anyone has the right to tell me where I can and can't spend my money, just as I don't have the right to tell anyone else how to spend their money.

I don't believe buying Diablo 4 makes you a supporter of sexual harassment any more than I believe buying an iPhone makes you a supporter of Chinese sweatshops. Or that buying something from Amazon makes you a fan of limiting bathroom breaks. Or that grabbing some chicken nuggets on the way home makes you homophobic.

If we were all saints, we'd sell everything we owned, give it all to charity, and live as paupers. But we don't. Until we do, I fail to see how any of us has the moral authority to dictate the spending habits of other people.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I have a very short list of companies that I try to avoid whenever possible because I personally think are shitty for one reason or another. It's not an sacred inviolate rule, as I've very occasionally eaten Chick-fil-A or gone into WalMart when they were the only options available. Avoiding these places isn't something I broadcast or would ever actively encourage others to do (only mentioned it here because it was specifically relevant to the topic at hand). I simply prefer not to give them any more of my money than absolutely necessary.

This idea that boycotting Company A but not boycotting Company B somehow makes one a massive hypocrite is silly. I'm sure you could find a reason to boycott every single company in the world, if you looked hard enough.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:44 pm I don't believe anyone has the right to tell me where I can and can't spend my money, just as I don't have the right to tell anyone else how to spend their money.
Huh? How do I not have the right to tell you how to spend your money?
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Y'all are crazy.

I would have never thought that "I'm disappointed that people who have weighed in on the Activision / Blizzard conversation on OO would lean more towards a boycott as opposed to 75% against" would be controversial.

I couldn't care less about what people who haven't weighed in think.
Black Lives Matter

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

One question that I have re: Blizzard is that I don't give them money and haven't in awhile, but I do periodically play Hearthstone. But I have enough in-game money that I never actually pay them money to play. So, do I have an ethical obligation to not play for free? Not a rhetorical question - I feel like it still makes me part of the Blizzard / Activism ecosystem, but it seems a little silly to decline to not give them money.

I remember one person said that they don't listen to any of their Michael Jackson music because of the charges against him. Which seemed a little silly - I get not buying more music, but not playing his music in your home anymore that you've already paid for seems like it's not really doing anything.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:45 pm Y'all are crazy.

I would have never thought that "I'm disappointed that people who have weighed in on the Activision / Blizzard conversation on OO would lean more towards a boycott as opposed to 75% against" would be controversial.

Is there a survey on this? I looked but could find nothing.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:55 pm One question that I have re: Blizzard is that I don't give them money and haven't in awhile, but I do periodically play Hearthstone. But I have enough in-game money that I never actually pay them money to play. So, do I have an ethical obligation to not play for free? Not a rhetorical question - I feel like it still makes me part of the Blizzard / Activism ecosystem, but it seems a little silly to decline to not give them money.

I remember one person said that they don't listen to any of their Michael Jackson music because of the charges against him. Which seemed a little silly - I get not buying more music, but not playing his music in your home anymore that you've already paid for seems like it's not really doing anything.
There's a thread on just that topic.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

My post probably came off a little more blunt than I actually intended - that's what I get while trying to juggle posting, answering the door, and hopping on a meeting.

TLDR:

Things I Don't Like:

- Being told spending my money at Company X makes me a supporter of Company A's political/moral views
- Being told spending my money at Company A and not at Company B is hypocritical

Things I Do Like:

- People who have the willpower to take moral stands against companies they disagree with
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Wait... What?!?!

You posted:
noxiousdog wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:38 pm Blizzard.

I'm also quite surprised more of my OO brethren won't take a stand. I guess it's much easier to make such a stand when you don't like the product.
That is not remotely similar to "I couldn't care less about what people who haven't weighed in think." I hadn't posted anything, but your first post made it clear that you were "disappointed" that I wasn't chiming in with my boycott of Blizzard. Actually, the implication is that if you "won't take a stand", then you are in some manner complicit.

And that second statement was a direct snarky dig at the members of the forum.

I would have been more than happy to sit things out if your post had actually been what you just posted. I'm not sure I agree with the assessment that 75% of the people who responded to the other thread are against boycotting Blizzard. That would take more analysis than I want to make. But I'm sure you crunched the numbers. Right? Also, are you claiming that everyone that responded in the other thread was obligated to post in this thread? Even if they had no intent to purchase any Blizzard products? That goes directly against your claim that you don't care what people that haven't responded think.

Black Lives Matter

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:44 pm I fail to see how any of us has the moral authority to dictate the spending habits of other people.
!!?
You must be new here. :P
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Workplace culture and harassment is a broad general topic that most people feel strongly about even if they don't have any interest in buying Activision/Blizzard games. I could be as outraged as I want but to harm Activision/Blizzard I'd have to start stealing their games or something because I can't go below the zero interest I already have.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Still Chik-fil-a. And Home Despot. And Papa Johns, because all of those companies are run by turds of human beings.
Black Lives Matter
Combustible Lemur

Jeff V wrote:Still Chik-fil-a. And Home Despot. And Papa Johns, because all of those companies are run by turds of human beings.
Oof I should add papa John's to my list. So f'ing convenient.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

It helps that Papa John's product is abysmal. :D
Black Lives Matter
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

The only person I see getting bad press for being a huge Trumper that was affiliated with Home Depot is the founder who hasn’t been with Home Depot since 2002.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest