Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The biggest threat to Peacemaker the entire season was
Spoiler:
the raccoon.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Re: [HBOMAX] Peacemaker

Post by Daehawk »

I watched the cameos on YouTube. Wonder how if they HAD to do that or if they just got paid a lot....prob both :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:48 am I watched the cameos on YouTube. Wonder how if they HAD to do that or if they just got paid a lot....prob both :)
Spoiler:
"I think before we ever shot the show, we talked to Jason about it," said Gunn. "We were like, 'Listen, [Peacemaker] says you fuck fish all the time.' And we were a little afraid he would be upset, but he just laughed. He was cool. So he was pretty much on board from the beginning. And then Ezra I just found out through some common friends liked my movies a lot. And so I asked if he would come in and shoot this scene, and he kindly agreed to do that. Actually, Marvel shot [Ezra] for us, while we’re shooting Guardians Vol. 3."
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

It was a good finale and a great show overall. The opening is the only opening I haven't skipped in a long time. On that note, though, why can't every streaming service allow you to skip every intro? I"m mostly looking at you Disney and Amazon. Your skips should be better.
Jaymann wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:36 am Well Whalberg's plate is pretty full.
I must have missed something since I have no idea what you are referring to here.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

I think he was kidding with the reference.

As for Disney+ and Amazon Prime, on most of the shows I watched there was an option to skip recap and skip intro. Granted I was watching on my tablet and I think the options didn't kick in for a second or so
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Amazon and Disney both allow intros to be skipped, at least for some of their shows. I know that option was available for both The Expanse and Boba Fett.
Black Lives Matter
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

A fun season 1 and I'm looking forward to see where they take this is season 2.

That said, I was kind of hoping that the cameo in the finale would be . . .

Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:36 pm Amazon and Disney both allow intros to be skipped, at least for some of their shows. I know that option was available for both The Expanse and Boba Fett.
They do but it doesn't appear soon enough and is often harder to click than Netflix's. Also, I think there should be a profile option to skip so you never have to watch any intros.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

IceBear wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:56 am
Daehawk wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:48 am I watched the cameos on YouTube. Wonder how if they HAD to do that or if they just got paid a lot....prob both :)
Spoiler:
"I think before we ever shot the show, we talked to Jason about it," said Gunn. "We were like, 'Listen, [Peacemaker] says you fuck fish all the time.' And we were a little afraid he would be upset, but he just laughed. He was cool. So he was pretty much on board from the beginning. And then Ezra I just found out through some common friends liked my movies a lot. And so I asked if he would come in and shoot this scene, and he kindly agreed to do that. Actually, Marvel shot [Ezra] for us, while we’re shooting Guardians Vol. 3."
LOL thats great. Jason is one of my favorites these days.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
JCC

Post by JCC »

So, at some point after all the episodes had been released I belatedly gave this a try and watched the first two episodes. Given how much I enjoyed the (newer) Suicide Squad movie, I was a bit disappointed. A lot of the humor fell a bit flat for me, and also Peacemaker kind of seemed a bit too completely useless at the start.

As a result, I moved on to other stuff for a while. Finally, last night I returned to it and ended up watching 4 episodes. Things improved a lot for me, so more fool me for not continuing it sooner. Very funny, and eventually we even got to pretty compelling villains to root against.

Nice to have one episode end with a decent power metal song (though I am not familiar with the band). I can enjoy hair metal, but I haven't loved most of the choices used on this show. (Just personal preference.) Cena is great in this. Glad to hear there will be more.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
JCC

Post by JCC »

Finished the first season. Pretty great finish! Looking forward to more.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor