Post by Smoove_B »

Rumored, now officially coming out on 11/11/2021 via the Rockstar platform

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Paingod

Re: [Rockstar] Grand Theft Auto the Trilogy Definitive Edition

Post by Paingod »

I'll wait for the "Remastered" version in 6 years. :P
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I was excited to see this but thinking about it, I am not sure I am actually interested. I guess I will see what they actually look like and how they play. The updated Mafia really didn't do it for me and that's a game I absolutely loved the first 3 times I played it.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm very in, pending reviews and price. I doubt I play 3 again (although I might run around for a couple of hours.) I never quite finished Vice City (I always get stuck on the same mission, where you have to rescue Tubbs... er, I mean Lance), so I'll give that one another shot. San Andreas is one of my favorite games, ever. I liked it better than IV or V.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'll give it a look, but maybe after some impressions are posted here. I've tried to replay San Andrea a couple of times in the past year, but the controls are so bad it wasn't worth the trouble. It would be nice to try it with decent game pad support.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:58 am I'll give it a look, but maybe after some impressions are posted here. I've tried to replay San Andrea a couple of times in the past year, but the controls are so bad it wasn't worth the trouble. It would be nice to try it with decent game pad support.
I had the same experience with Vice City. One aspect that will definitely make it easier is the modern controls. It's said that they've redone the controls to match modern GTA. Vice City had offset aiming when trying to run it on a modern computer that made frustrating. And the surprising thing is, they've used the Unreal Engine. I thought they would have used their own in-house rage engine.
Last edited by Rumpy on Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

GTA V is still the only GTA game I've ever finished, so I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Watching this. Some of these changes really have me looking forward to this more. Especially the ability to restart missions when you fail - that's a huge one. In the old ones if you failed, you'd restart back at your safe house. You'd then have to drive clear across town, recollect armor and ammo, and then drive to the mission giver. If it was a tough mission (I'm looking at you, Vice City), it would sometimes take five minutes or longer just to start the next try, and it got to be really, really tedious, and made failing suck that much more.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:31 pm GTA V is still the only GTA game I've ever finished, so I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Same
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I know I'm in the minority, but I feel GTA IV was the superior game to V.

And these changes to me feel more like a remake than a remaster, considering they're moving to Unreal engine and redoing just about everything from textures , lighting systems, models and controls making them more total overhauls. That's the fine line between remaster and remake.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Nobody dipped their toes in yet? I'm still deep in Forza Horizon 5 myself but I figured someone would take the leap.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Mixed reviews from Kotaku:
None of this stuff—the lighting, strange models, clipping issues, texture mistakes, and general wonkiness—is a huge dealbreaker. But this is a $60 package that is claiming to be the “Definitive Edition” of these games. And right now… it doesn’t feel like it.

It’s not all bad, of course. The controls are a definite highlight. You can now free aim and auto-aim with the left trigger in a way that feels more like GTA V than GTA Vice City. The controls aren’t as smooth as newer GTA games, but generally, the controls made life easier during missions.

Yet, right now I’d recommend not grabbing the Trilogy collection on any platform. Currently, these games feel floppy and rough in a way that the old games didn’t, even taking into account some of the original clunkiness present in these games. But the new collection seems to add more glitches to the mix, some of which seem to be bugs that originated back in the famously awful San Andreas mobile port.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blues News

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/242481/gran ... -released]
Also there's word on IGN on cheats that have been removed for "technical reasons" and PC Gamer details over 40 songs missing from in-game radio stations.
Also a video for each games showing some of the improved visuals at that link. Songs missing gonna ruin it.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Yeah I saw an article today listing the 40 songs that were missing, some of them ones I mostly remember from the GTA games. So sad...
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Give it a little while. I'm sure it'll all be modded back in - apparently the tracks are still present in the game, just disabled. I also noticed that while a bunch of tracks were gone from SA and VC (Vice City's stations suffered the most), GTA 3 is intact. I guess that soundtrack from Scarface isn't that hot of commodity.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

There are a while bunch of tweets about how bad many of the character models look. One example:

Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Apparently they pulled the PC version. Considering how careful they are about their games usually how does this happen? :lol:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021 ... sale-on-pc
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Any connection to why the PC authentication servers for R* are *still* down, almost 24 hours later?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Probably shot all the staff for cocking this up so badly.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I wonder if this is related to the fact that they accidentally included copies of all of the uncompiled, unencrypted master files with it. If so, that cat's way, way out of the bag.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:30 pm I wonder if this is related to the fact that they accidentally included copies of all of the uncompiled, unencrypted master files with it. If so, that cat's way, way out of the bag.
Then maybe someone can use them to fix this crap. I saw a twitch streamer playing vice city for a few minutes and it looked like crap and not just visually.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Maybe they've taken down the servers until they've fixed it, but that would disrupt all their products.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:30 pm I wonder if this is related to the fact that they accidentally included copies of all of the uncompiled, unencrypted master files with it. If so, that cat's way, way out of the bag.
Looks like you might be right - authentication servers are back online (after like 30+ hours), but you still cannot play or purchase the trilogy:
"The Rockstar Games Launcher is now online, but GTA: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition is unavailable to play or purchase as we remove files unintentionally included in these versions. We're sorry for the disruption and hope to have correct ones up soon."
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Well, it's now playable, but only barely. The experience isn't noticeably better than the originals. Graphics are awful, controls are bad and I can't even get GTA 3 to start on my machine. I'm not happy that I took the plunge.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I guess the short of it is that someone screwed up by including those files and they've delisted it until they can fix it.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ooof, I had been looking forward to playing Vice City as I never finished that one, but no thanks after reading about this debacle.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm still hoping that they can fix it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The entire first half of this video ended up being GTA Trilogy:

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Found a neat looking mod for GTA V that should release this year.. Wasn't sure where to put it so here it is.

Grand Theft Auto 5 gets an amazing Batman: Arkham Asylum Mod
As you will see, JulioNIB has implemented numerous moves and a combat system that is similar to the one in the Batman: Arkham games.

Alongside the new combat system, this Batman Mod will allow you to use his grapple gun hook and glide with his cape. Players can also use batarangs and call special weapons and vehicles. Not only that, but Batman has access to batclaw kick and dive bomb attacks, as well as the disarm target, smoke, freeze, incendiary and electric shock gadget attacks.