[Disney+] The Book of Boba Fett

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Sudy

Re: [Disney+] The Book of Boba Fett

Post by Sudy »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:33 pm But I do know her from the excellent, low budget science fiction film Prospect. Which just so happens to also start Pedro Pascal.
Yes. This is a good movie. Hard to find though as the license expired with Netflix. DVD and Blu-Ray are out there but expensive as it presumably didn't receive a mainstream pressing.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:37 pm
hepcat wrote:Boba Fett didn't have that undefinable recipe for me though. It had all the tropes and easy emotional manipulation without the draw for me.

And the Cyber Newsies? I had to replace two tvs after I punched out the screen when they would show up.
That’s because you’re a Trekkie. And dead inside. ;)

I liked Obi Wan though. And I enjoy the hell out of the Mandalorian.
He won. Period.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

We are about halfway through the series now. It’s… ok. I’ve fallen asleep during pretty much every episode, which isn’t a great sign. I woke up and saw
Spoiler:
Mando wielding the dark saber
So that’s interesting!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, it was mostly "meh" but the last episode will be worth it - just get there ASAP.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Honestly I thought the best part of the show was the flashbacks with Boba and the Tusken Raiders - that was really the only part that was new and interesting.
Black Lives Matter.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:07 pm Honestly I thought the best part of the show was the flashbacks with Boba and the Tusken Raiders - that was really the only part that was new and interesting.
Same, it felt like a completely different (and actually good) show.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, that was definitely a highlight. It was a nice way to explain how Boba found some humanity that changed him.
He won. Period.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I've been trying to discuss how organized crime works with my 10yo son to explain this story. What I can't get over is how Boba Fett is a crime boss when he has no muscle. There have to be repercussions for not giving a crime boss money. "Give me 10% of your business, or else." Or else what? It's just you, a woman, a Wookee and some newsies. How are you going to enforce your crime lord ways?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I think his reputation was what he was counting on. Lack of obvious muscle is (part of) why all the groups turned on him at the end. The story doesn't present him as a remotely effective crime boss and he ends up more a man of the people.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think that's a very good analysis of the show overall.
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I have to think that DIsney+ had exhausted their extras budget by the time it came to film Boba Fett. Like you can focus on the Cyber Newsies and Gamorrans as his personal bodyguards, but just also just pay a few muscled people to stand around his throne room during filming to give the impression that he also has assorted muscle and is, you know, running a criminal organization.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I have to wonder if COVID has something to do with the small number of people in most of the indoor scenes, limiting options to show it hopping like in Jabba's time? I guess the counterargument is the cantina. *shrug*
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Or they had no money left after that damn Yoda doll cost a shit ton of cash to get it on screen, even if it does move like a drunken baby after an all night bender.
He won. Period.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:09 pm Or they had no money left after that damn Yoda doll cost a shit ton of cash to get it on screen, even if it does move like a drunken baby after an all night bender.
This. Jankiest movement I've seen since the last time I was in a Showbiz Pizza (Reagan was probably President).
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:35 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:09 pm Or they had no money left after that damn Yoda doll cost a shit ton of cash to get it on screen, even if it does move like a drunken baby after an all night bender.
This. Jankiest movement I've seen since the last time I was in a Showbiz Pizza (Reagan was probably President).
This was particularly highlighted for me after watching an episode of Umbrella Academy last night. The episode featured Pogo, the monkey(chimp?), and his look and movement were great throughout. I'd expect better of Disney.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

We finally finished this tonight. The last three episodes were great. My wife said she enjoyed the entire series, which kind of surprised me.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Been waiting on this one for awhile. God this show was a mess.
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

"It sounds, like, some content. For sure." :lol:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.