Life is Strange: True Colors - The Third One

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Life is Strange: True Colors - The Third One

Post by coopasonic »

So the second Life is Strange game was a bit of a disappointment so I was hesitant on this one, but damn am I loving it. I am 3 chapters in now and it is like emotional torture. I think I've shed tears or at least welled up at least 5 times. It is 35% off right now on steam...

If you enjoyed the first one, you might want to give this one a shot.
Last edited by coopasonic on Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
raydude

Re: Life is Strange: True Colors (3)

Post by raydude »

I completely agree this game is fantastic. I mentioned in the games completed thread that this game got a hold on me last Friday and wouldn't let me go until I finished it on Sunday. I chose one romantic path and felt a little less than enthused about my choice. I will definitely play again but need to give myself a break before losing myself in it again.

Alex Chen is a great protagonist and I found myself agonizing over her story beats. And while I don't have her superpower nor was I in a foster home I still related to how I felt weird or "not normal" growing up, due to my alopecia and people constantly staring at my lack of hair as a kid.

I do want to comment on the endgame and will put it in the spoilers. Warning, if you want to re-play the game and make different choices you may want to stay away:
Spoiler:
When my Alex confronted Jed she only had two people who believed her: Eleanor and Charlotte. Everyone else did not, and I thought: oh my god this fucker is going to get away with murder! Then when even Ryan didn't believe her I was like, what?!?

So when Alex said "Stop" and went through her soliloquy to get Jed to realize what he'd done I felt the only right thing to do was "condemn", because I wasn't about to let him off the hook so soon after it seemed like he'd get away with trying to kill me. I was amazed that over 75% of people chose "forgive", not knowing whether it would let him get away with murder or not.

And yes, I spoiled it for myself by finding out that choosing "forgive" still gets him to confess and I thought "Why would that happen? He's clearly sociopathic since he didn't feel remorse for so many years and was able to sleep at night, unlike Diane"

I've given it more thought since then and came up with a theory. I think Jed is a borderline sociopath. That's why he never seems twitchy or you never find any clues that he's been having problems sleeping. And why he's not hesitant to shoot you. And a sociopath is really one of the few enemies an empath cannot fight. Unless you're an empath like Alex and you can bring out his empathic side. Make him feel again. And that's what Alex does. She gives him the ability to feel, and therefore it doesn't matter which choice you make - forgive or condemn because either way he's now forced to feel the consequences of his actions. He cannot hide behind his sociopathy and all these emotions hit him all at once and he breaks down because of it.

I think Alex also knows this, which is why she knows can either forgive or condemn him. Deep down she knows whatever she says he'll be forced to feel again and it breaks him. Does that make Alex "bad"? I don't think so; I think she had to take away Jed's sociopathy to get him to truly understand what he had done.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Now on Gamepass!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:50 am Now on Gamepass!
Boom! I will give it a try soon.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

This thread title keeps making me think I have notifications.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:14 pm This thread title keeps making me think I have notifications.
Better?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Re: Life is Strange: True Colors - The Third One

Post by Blackhawk »

:mrgreen:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)