Space Marine 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lordnine

Space Marine 2

Post by Lordnine »

I can't be the only one who was excited to see that Space Marine 2 was announced yesterday! The first Space Marine had the most satisfying combat I've ever seen in a third person shooter. Strange that Relic doesn't seem to be involved at all but I suppose the company is not what it once was and is also busy with Age IV.

dbt1949

Re: Space Marine 2

Post by dbt1949 »

Looks cool even for a turn based player like me.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
raydude

Post by raydude »

Lordnine wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:29 pm I can't be the only one who was excited to see that Space Marine 2 was announced yesterday! The first Space Marine had the most satisfying combat I've ever seen in a third person shooter. Strange that Relic doesn't seem to be involved at all but I suppose the company is not what it once was and is also busy with Age IV.

I remember when I first played Space Marine. It took me a while to forget old habits of playing cautiously and firing from cover and instead charging into battle. But when I did, boy did that bring a smile to my face!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

raydude wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:57 pm
Lordnine wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:29 pm I can't be the only one who was excited to see that Space Marine 2 was announced yesterday! The first Space Marine had the most satisfying combat I've ever seen in a third person shooter. Strange that Relic doesn't seem to be involved at all but I suppose the company is not what it once was and is also busy with Age IV.

I remember when I first played Space Marine. It took me a while to forget old habits of playing cautiously and firing from cover and instead charging into battle. But when I did, boy did that bring a smile to my face!
If you want to “fire from cover” go join the Imperial Guard! :P
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hadn't seen this, no - thanks for posting it. And yeah, the first one was big fun so I'm absolutely excited for this one. Awesome.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Whoever did the game trailer got all bit of lore right, according to WH40K grognards. They are spotted the proper rank insignia (leftenant?), the chains on the right gauntlet (Black Templars?), AND an inquisitor pendant visible from the rear. Even the forehead studs (now shows 4) indicate this is 200 years or more since the previous game. And the markings means he's now a Primaris Spacemarine, not regular Firstborn. So he's "crossed the Rubicon" (undergone the transformation), and a proper Ultramarine, not a "greyshield" (unattached primaris marine). So either he's working FOR the inquisition... Or he's still in redemption.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

The armor Primaris marines is pretty distinctive. And of COURSE he was going to be a lieutenant. Games Workshop has a bit of an insider joke about Primaris Ultramarine lieutenants.