It Takes Two

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rumpy

It Takes Two

Post by Rumpy »

A friend and I are playing through this together. It's evident that the developers are using what they've learned from A Way Out, as both are co-op games. This time around though, it's a platformer with puzzle solving. The devs really know how to use the two characters to their best abilities, as there are certain times throughout where you have to call on your partner to help out via specific abilities each character have. Even the boss fights require co-operation. We're really enjoying it. If there's one criticism is that it's not always evident what needs doing even if you have the right idea in mind when solving puzzles, but that's down from a gameplay mechanic standpoint of certain elements not standing out. For example, in one chapter, the game gives each character different tools and there are defined places where you can use them, but in certain cases, figuring out those defined places is tricky because they're so subtle and easily missed. It sometimes requires lots of experimentation. But great game. It feels like being in a Pixar movie at times.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
coopasonic

Re: It Takes Two

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, I played through this with my older kiddo and we both loved it. The best part is that only one person needs to have the game. :D

The puzzles were a lot of fun and my son pretty much always knew what to do, but I pitched in a couple times!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

My son and I also played through this. I thought it was phenomenal. From the story, the mechanics, the puzzles - everything was just stellar. Just challenging enough to be fun but not so much that my son ever got frustrated. Loved it.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

For anyone on the fence, this gets thumbs up from me as well. One of the best co-op games I've played.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I just finished playing through this with my 7yo son... such a great experience! The co-op gameplay is very well done, with so much variety in abilities and settings that it never gets old. In fact, we were both disappointed when it ended (something that does hit rather abruptly). The difficulty was just about right for the two of us... mostly easy for me as Cody, and challenging without being too much for my son. It really is a great game, and I'll keeping an eye out for whatever Hazelight releases next.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

It really is. I wish there would be more co-op games like these developers make. Has anyone found the 'A Way Out' easter egg?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti