[CMON] Marvel Zombies

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Smoove_B

[CMON] Marvel Zombies

Post by Smoove_B »

When a board game releases a trailer, I think its should likely have it's own thread. :D

Maybe next year, maybe no go
YellowKing

Re: [CMON] Marvel Zombies

Post by YellowKing »

Fortunately this will be a pretty easy pass for me. Zombicide 2E + the two expansions I own are already proving to be more than enough content, and I'm not a big enough Marvel fan to make this a must-have. Looks cool though.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Marvel + Zombie = kryptonite for me. I love the look of the sculpts (assuming the VTT models match real life) and desperately want to believe I will paint them as good as I see them looking. :D

Plus CMON is a publisher where you can never get as good a deal as whatever they offer during the KS.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The two modes seem interesting. But I want to get the Wild West zombicide first before committing to any other cmon games. Massive Darkness made me very cautious about their games.
Covfefe!
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:50 pm Marvel + Zombie = kryptonite for me.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

What makes this one different enough for me to consider it is that you play as the Zombies. That doesn't really seem to affect the gameplay loop of Zombiecide, but it does add some nice flavor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:50 pm Marvel + Zombie = kryptonite for me. I love the look of the sculpts (assuming the VTT models match real life) and desperately want to believe I will paint them as good as I see them looking. :D

Plus CMON is a publisher where you can never get as good a deal as whatever they offer during the KS.
I don't know, zombie Galactus looks pretty damned frightening!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Quackelope has a video of someone painting Galactus for them. Pretty cool, but I already have too much Zombicide between the first 3 seasons and the version 2.0 reboot.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The thing is, it's not *exactly* a Zombicide game - close but it's not just a Marvel themed Zombicide game. I'm not clear on all the changes but two of note are:

(1) The heroes all have innate abilities - it's not about finding gear to make attacks
(2) The heroes "level up" and gain new powers as the game progresses. I think this is like Cthulhu Death May Die where you get more powerful the more insane you go.

I don't know what else is coming or if those slight changes are enough to justify shelf space but I'm definitely still watching.