NFL 2022 Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

WYBaugh

Re: NFL 2022 Season

Post by WYBaugh »

I doubt the Jags can win in KC.

Was a fun second half last week though! My son called me last Friday and said he and the gf were going to come up for the game. Wife and I decided to do a last minute and grabbed tickets for all 4 in the lower bowl.

Was regretting that decision for the entire first half but the ending made up for it. Not sure if it was worth going to then get covid on Monday...
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Memories are better than things.

It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

WYBaugh wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:16 pm I doubt the Jags can win in KC.

Was a fun second half last week though! My son called me last Friday and said he and the gf were going to come up for the game. Wife and I decided to do a last minute and grabbed tickets for all 4 in the lower bowl.

Was regretting that decision for the entire first half but the ending made up for it. Not sure if it was worth going to then get covid on Monday...
I'd give them maybe a 20% shot. Pederson's a good coach. If Lawrence turns in an A+ game, and they get a couple lucky turnovers, then they could pull it off. But you know, probably not.

Though wait, hold on - has either team played the Bears this year?
Black Lives Matter.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:46 pm

I'd give them maybe a 20% shot. Pederson's a good coach. If Lawrence turns in an A+ game, and they get a couple lucky turnovers, then they could pull it off. But you know, probably not.

Chiefs played the Bears in preseason and Jags and Chiefs played in regular season.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I'd give them maybe a 20% shot. Pederson's a good coach.
This was the difference with the Chargers. Staley had no clue how to stop the bleeding.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

WYBaugh wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:00 pm

Chiefs played the Bears in preseason and Jags and Chiefs played in regular season.
The Bears beat ‘em too.
:horse:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I yelled out loud when I saw Mahomes' ankle get crunched.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

The Eagles beat down of the Giants yesterday was not what I expected. I felt like the Eagles were the better team going in, and they should win, but as a lifelong Eagles fan, that never really means all that much. They absolutely crushed the Giants (further exposing what a fraud the Vikings were this year).

Looking forward to seeing the Cowboys/Niners today to see who their NFC Division opponent is going to be next week. If the Cowboys somehow manage to knock of the Niners and it’s and Eagles/Cowboys matchup for the NFC, it’s going to be nuts in Philly!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I think CIN wins today, and then skates to the SB over a hobbled Mahomes. I think SF beats DAL tonight, and I have no idea who will win between SF and PHI. Whoever wins the NFC will get a reasonably easy win over CIN.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I haven't really watched though my ears did perk a bit this season. From listening to the local hubbub, they've said all year the AFC has way more talent and outplays the NFC. Reasonably easy win over CIN sounds contrary to the preponderance of local gab. PHI are theoretically the best the NFC has to offer bu they are supposed to be clearly the best of weak field.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Overall the AFC is vastly more talented. The NFC is very top heavy. The reason I think PHI or SF would murder CIN is because they are incredibly deep rosters, and one of the primary strengths of those teams is their DL. That is the primary weakness of CIN. If Mahomes didn’t get gimped yesterday, I would say KC would also smoke CIN.

If Von Miller didn’t get hurt, I would be very confident in the Bills today. But the rest of the DL in BUF just doesn’t get pressure well enough to take advantage of this situation. Gotta get to Joe Brrr in like 1.4 seconds. That ain’t the Bills, especially not with their secondary also compromised.
Make up bags of change
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Do we know to what extend Mahomes was gimped?
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Unagi wrote:Do we know to what extend Mahomes was gimped?
High ankle sprain, which is usually a four to six week recovery, but he’s going to play through it.
Make up bags of change
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah. I thought we were looking at a KCvSF super bowl, but that may be enough to take em out. Maybe. Mahomes doesn’t need a ton of maneuverability to still be very effective.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Unagi wrote:Yeah. I thought we were looking at a KCvSF super bowl, but that may be enough to take em out. Maybe. Mahomes doesn’t need a ton of maneuverability to still be very effective.
Even with mobility he hasn’t been able to beat CIN.
Make up bags of change
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Fair.
Also CIN is looking hot right now.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Unagi wrote:Fair.
Also CIN is looking hot right now.
KC does have a DL that can generate pressure, especially against a weakened line, but the CIN defense is good enough to slow KC enough.
Make up bags of change
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Skinypupy wrote:I couldn’t stand Tony Romo as a player, but he is an absolutely stellar color analyst. He and Nantz make a great combo.

Much better than the Al Michaels/Tony Dungee snoozefest last night.

Also…whoops.

I hope that when he retires, George Kittle goes to the booth!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yes! Cowboys eliminated. Wipe that stupid grin off Jerry Jones' face. I like the Eagles chances versus the 49ers.

Never thought I would be rooting for KC in the AFC Championship game.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So if I understand this right, the Bears also advance to the NFC Championship game?
Black Lives Matter.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:41 pm Overall the AFC is vastly more talented. The NFC is very top heavy. The reason I think PHI or SF would murder CIN is because they are incredibly deep rosters, and one of the primary strengths of those teams is their DL. That is the primary weakness of CIN. If Mahomes didn’t get gimped yesterday, I would say KC would also smoke CIN.

If Von Miller didn’t get hurt, I would be very confident in the Bills today. But the rest of the DL in BUF just doesn’t get pressure well enough to take advantage of this situation. Gotta get to Joe Brrr in like 1.4 seconds. That ain’t the Bills, especially not with their secondary also compromised.
Who are the teams that make the NFC top heavy?
The Bengals have a great record since mid-way thru last season. KC and the Bills have been solid. Other than the 49ers and Eagles nobody in the NFC has been that good this year. TB was good.
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:26 am So if I understand this right, the Bears also advance to the NFC Championship game?
You see the Bears figured out that the only winning move was: Not to play.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Scuzz wrote:Who are the teams that make the NFC top heavy?
The Bengals have a great record since mid-way thru last season. KC and the Bills have been solid. Other than the 49ers and Eagles nobody in the NFC has been that good this year. TB was good.
Literally just PHI and SF. The rest of the NFC is hot garbage. That’s what makes them too heavy, only two good teams.

KC is obviously solid as the #1 seed. BUF would have been solid, but there’s just been too many injuries and other bullshit to overcome. And they are weakest right where they needed to be strongest against CIN (DL and Secondary).

If Mahomes always healthy, I would pick KC since their DL can feast on the CIN backups. But with a gimpy Mahomes? Chase/Higgins/Boyd are just too much.

That team is going to be a real handful until those rookie contracts expire.
Make up bags of change
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

My picks for the final four:

49ers at Eagles
Bengals at Chiefs
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I think we will see a ………

Eagles vs Bengals Superbowl
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RunningMn9 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:17 pm
Literally just PHI and SF. The rest of the NFC is hot garbage. That’s what makes them too heavy, only two good teams.

KC is obviously solid as the #1 seed. BUF would have been solid, but there’s just been too many injuries and other bullshit to overcome. And they are weakest right where they needed to be strongest against CIN (DL and Secondary).

If Mahomes always healthy, I would pick KC since their DL can feast on the CIN backups. But with a gimpy Mahomes? Chase/Higgins/Boyd are just too much.

A high ankle sprain is normally something like 4 - 6 weeks for recovery, right? Notwithstanding that Mahomes has much better athleticism and determination than most people, there's no way for him to be 100% this weekend, right?
Black Lives Matter.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Correct, that’s why I think CIN continues to beat them, before getting curb stomped by PHI, whose defensive strengths match up *perfectly* with CIN’s weakness.
Make up bags of change
naednek

Post by naednek »

Looking forward to next week. I think the Eagles need to look what the cowboys did and build off that. Cowboys had our WR's covered all game and actually stopped our running game from getting out of control. The issue was cowboys turned it over twice.

I'm not too concerned about Eagles. They are a good team and I believe they will be challenging, but I think the niners have too many weapons and defense to overcome.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

naednek wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:18 pm Looking forward to next week. I think the Eagles need to look what the cowboys did and build off that. Cowboys had our WR's covered all game and actually stopped our running game from getting out of control. The issue was cowboys turned it over twice.

I'm not too concerned about Eagles. They are a good team and I believe they will be challenging, but I think the niners have too many weapons and defense to overcome.
Hmm. I'm worried about the Niners, but I was actually worried about the Giants, and the Eagles made short work of them. If Lane Johnson can stay on the field and, obviously, Jalen Hurts is ok, I think it's going to be a good game. I'm not confident the Eagles will win -- never confident -- but if I were a Niners fan, I wouldn't be looking past them just yet.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Kurth wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:05 pm
naednek wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:18 pm Looking forward to next week. I think the Eagles need to look what the cowboys did and build off that. Cowboys had our WR's covered all game and actually stopped our running game from getting out of control. The issue was cowboys turned it over twice.

Hmm. I'm worried about the Niners, but I was actually worried about the Giants, and the Eagles made short work of them. If Lane Johnson can stay on the field and, obviously, Jalen Hurts is ok, I think it's going to be a good game. I'm not confident the Eagles will win -- never confident -- but if I were a Niners fan, I wouldn't be looking past them just yet.

I'm not looking past the Eagles. I'm just not concerned. I think we are both fairly equal just like the cowboys were yesterday. I think it's anyone's game, and will come down to who makes the less mistakes.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

RunningMn9 wrote:

Buffalo thought they would feast on Cincy's backups too, and Cincy's OL dominated that game. Not just played well, dominated.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

naednek wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:38 pm

I'm not looking past the Eagles. I'm just not concerned. I think we are both fairly equal just like the cowboys were yesterday. I think it's anyone's game, and will come down to who makes the less mistakes.
Yep. I agree with this. I think it's going to be a really good game!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Vegas is essentially saying pick 'em with CIN favored by a point and Philly by 2.5.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Pyperkub wrote:Buffalo thought they would feast on Cincy's backups too, and Cincy's OL dominated that game. Not just played well, dominated.
At no point did the Bills think they would feast on CIN’s backups. Maybe some fans did. Vegas did. But the Bills didn’t. And anyone that has really watched the Bills knew what was coming.

Their ability to generate pressure without Von Miller on the field is effectively zero. It doesn’t matter who they play. Incidentally, with Von, they generated an incredible amount of pressure without blitzing.

To make matters worse, having DaQuan Jones miss the game was going to create real problems and they knew that.

Everyone on CIN dominated the game. Whether they are that much better, or if the Bills roster just ran out of gas with everything that’s happened this year, I don’t know.

What I can’t abide, is the stupid “I guess they have to give refunds” stupidity that Bengals players were talking about after the game, because the NFL started selling tickets for a KC/BUF championship game. I guess no one told the Bengals players that they started selling tickets for a CIN/JAC championship game a week earlier.

Fake motivation by athletes is one of the dumbest things in sports. They had the KC players talking about how know one believed they could win, like what are we doing?
Make up bags of change
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

What really surprised me was how well Cincy was able to run the ball. I didn't think they would be able to, at least, nowhere near that level.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I'm concerned about AJ Brown.

He single-handedly destroyed the Niners last year while on the Titans (145 yds receiving of 209 total yds passing/299 total yards).

I don't think, even with the threat of Hurts running, the rushing attack will do too much to the Niners rush defense (unlike how it destroyed NYG), but Brown scares me - DeMeco Ryans' defense has not been great at limiting the top WR's, tho it seems to have gotten better this year (but they did keep allowing CeeDee Lamb to single-handedly keep the Cowboys in the game yesterday, mostly because the offense was well defended by Dallas, especially in the 1st half, but the running game did make the halftime adjustment to Micah Parsons playing a run stuffing LB, and took over the 2nd half and the Niners offense all day took advantage of Dallas' weak coverage on TEs with Kittle dominating).

RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Pyperkub wrote:What really surprised me was how well Cincy was able to run the ball. I didn't think they would be able to, at least, nowhere near that level.
Yeah, that was courtesy of DQ being out, and an excellent scheme. The backup OL are still big and strong. :)
Make up bags of change
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:11 pm

I'm concerned about AJ Brown.

He single-handedly destroyed the Niners last year while on the Titans (145 yds receiving of 209 total yds passing/299 total yards).

I don't think, even with the threat of Hurts running, the rushing attack will do too much to the Niners rush defense (unlike how it destroyed NYG), but Brown scares me - DeMeco Ryans' defense has not been great at limiting the top WR's, tho it seems to have gotten better this year (but they did keep allowing CeeDee Lamb to single-handedly keep the Cowboys in the game yesterday, mostly because the offense was well defended by Dallas, especially in the 1st half, but the running game did make the halftime adjustment to Micah Parsons playing a run stuffing LB, and took over the 2nd half and the Niners offense all day took advantage of Dallas' weak coverage on TEs with Kittle dominating).
AJ Brown has been a beast for the Eagles this year, but he’s not our only weapon. After wasting a ridiculous amount of draft capital on highly suspect WRs, the Eagles finally nailed it last year with Devonta Smith. Together, AJ Brown and Smith are one of the best WR duos in the NFL right now. Add Godeart to the mix (the third best TE in football), and balance that passing attack with a punishing ground game, and it’s no surprise the Eagles are at the top of most offensive stat categories this year.

And the defense is . . . not so bad! 😀

I’ve been watching the Eagles since Jaworski, and there’s an argument to be made that when they’ve been on this year (most of the season), this is the best team Philly has ever put on the field.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Good news for me and stessier! The Patriots have officially hired Bill O'Brien back as Offensive Coordinator, ending the long nightmare that was the Matt Patricia OC era.
Black Lives Matter.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

And Alabama fans rejoice.