Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Well, here we are: Warcore ["Fashion"]

Post by LawBeefaroni »

You crazy kids, you.

Vice:
Influenced by techno clubs, military-esque looks, video games and Japanese street style; techcore, darkcore and warcore focus on dressing for imminent doom. Think: cargo pants with pockets you can actually use, layered utility belts, bomber jackets with secret compartments, combat boots and surgical masks. If the end of the world is going to happen on the way to the shops, these kids will undoubtedly be prepared.

Techcore represents the most serious bulk of the trend, focusing more on the nerdier side of wearing ‘fits fit for both nightlife and the great outdoors, whilst darkcore adds an emo twist. But warcore, previously known online as terrorcore, is the style most likely to raise alarm bells – especially once you learn that it originated as a 4chan meme. As the name suggests, these looks wouldn’t be out of place in a war zone, and its adherents could easily be confused with a modern day soldier.

And for the coastal elites: Vogue.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Zarathud

Re: Well, here we are: Warcore ["Fashion"]

Post by Zarathud »

You think you look good in your new uniform
Starched and pressed into the perfect norm
Until uncle Sam puts a gun in your hand
Points you in the wrong direction and says
"kill that man!"

-DRI
Children getting ready for the post-apocalyptic present. Can’t get too worked up, as I wore cargo pants, combat boots and military jackets in the 80s.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Some of us just like pockets.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
LordMortis

Re: Well, here we are: Warcore [

Post by LordMortis »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:34 pm
You think you look good in your new uniform
Starched and pressed into the perfect norm
Until uncle Sam puts a gun in your hand
Points you in the wrong direction and says
"kill that man!"

-DRI
Children getting ready for the post-apocalyptic present. Can’t get too worked up, as I wore cargo pants, combat boots and military jackets in the 80s.
When we went out in paramilitary fashion we were up to mischief. :shhh: Not really bad stuff but mischief just the same. :shifty: We didn't do paramilitary stuff at the clubs but combat boots and chains and spikes were a norm.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

You could get away with so much more mischief in a sweater vest. Or an apron after a shift at the grocery store.

But when we were going out, we got into our punk uniforms. My best man wore his Jean jacket with all the safety pins and spikes. My other best friend had his Cafe Voltaire philosopher shirts or police jacket from the Alley. It’s now luxury condos but at least Berlin was still open on Belmont.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Are you saying wearing bumper sticker from an Ice T show proclaiming "Cop Killer" did us no favors?

When the album got banned, we saw Soundgarden the next night. They wanted to cover Body Count in solidarity at the show but they couldn't find copies of the album so they had to wing it. Chris Cornell was reading the lyrics off of hand scrawlings in 8 1/2 x 11. Remember when we wrote things on paper? We are Zaxxon and ILB's shame.
Last edited by LordMortis on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I prefer “tactical goth”.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

FWIW, even mainstream fashion has always followed trends in military garb. Styles from peacoats, parkas, and even the plain white t-shirt have their origin in the military. The modern blazer, button-down shirt, and tie originated as the Royal Navy officer's uniform before it migrated to the office.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

It helps if you don't have dandruff.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

That's what wintercore is for.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I wore BDU pants and a BDU shirt (as a jacket) along with tactical boots throughout my last couple of years of high school. And yes, I bloused the pants. I was full of shit, and no doubt got lots of eye-rolls, but thought I was cool and had fun with it. And all of my friends were doing the same.

I won't judge other peoples' fashion. And besides - in an era when we push every kid to wear face masks, masks being adopted into fashion was inevitable. It's self-defense for the young ego, both making a mandate into a choice, and turning something embarrassing into something to show off.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

It was fashionable among the punk crowd in the late 70's. I remember once going to Uncle Dan's Army Surplus, getting a new outfit for about $5, then going across the street to Wax Trax to see The Ramones on a record promotional tour.

Fashion, even ridiculous fashion, was never my thing and those fatigues spent a few years in the closet before I had use of them playing paintball, where they were destroyed.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Wait, so Oath Keepers are just fashion forward?

Enlarge Image

Don't get me wrong, I'm down with ATAC boots and MOLLE. It's just weird seeing some kid with a plate carrier, drop holster, and anime hair at the grocery.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Warcore? I prefer to think of my winter fashion ensemble as "Division cosplay" -- boots, BDU trousers, ECWCS parka, balaclava, respirator, MOLLE daypack. Really, the only thing missing is the actual weapons. No open carry in Canada though.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch