Free Flowchart Maker?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

jztemple2

Free Flowchart Maker?

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm currently playing Dyson Sphere Program and I'm doing a lot of scratch pad scribbling to diagram flowcharts of production. I'd rather do it on the computer but I don't want to spend money on something I might not be using in a few weeks. Are there any good, free (not trial versions), simple flowchart makers out there? I done some web searching but haven't found anything that is both free and also a decent, simple product. Thanks!
Last edited by jztemple2 on Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Isgrimnur

Re: Free Flowchart Maker?

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Lucidchart is awesome, but the free version is pretty limited. 3 sheets limited to 60 objects each.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I looked at the above options and realized that these involve way more intensive effort to learn than my lazy bones can handle :roll:

So instead I looked at my OneNote and found it has a primitive drawing function. What's more important is that I can copy and paste parts of diagrams to other diagrams, which is kind of the reason for doing this. Here's my first cut. Ugly but functional :wink:

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

I'd suggest using the free and open source Dia Diagram Editor, which you can see demonstrated in the tutorial video below:

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:44 pm I looked at the above options and realized that these involve way more intensive effort to learn than my lazy bones can handle :roll:

So instead I looked at my OneNote and found it has a primitive drawing function. What's more important is that I can copy and paste parts of diagrams to other diagrams, which is kind of the reason for doing this. Here's my first cut. Ugly but functional :wink:

Try Inkscape. While is it not a flowchart maker, it is better than the drawing function of OneNote.

https://inkscape.org/
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Thanks for the replies! I tried both Dia and Inkscape and found the Dia Diagram Editor was somewhat easier to use, heck I'm only using the box and the line function. And in an hour and a bit I made the following:

I'll post more about this in the DSP thread :D. Again, thanks to everyone who relied!
stessier

Post by stessier »

If you have Excel or Powerpoint, you can do this as well.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles