New EVGA 3080 TI

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Enough

New EVGA 3080 TI

Post by Enough »

I had put myself on multiple wait lists for 30x series GPU and managed to snag one awhile back. And today my number came up on the EVGA 3080 TI directly from EVGA. Since I no longer need it, does any OO member want to buy it with no added markup from me (please don't buy it to flip it on Ebay unless you really need money lol)? It looks like EVGA is charging $1429.99 and I have 20 hours from when I received the email to buy, otherwise they will sell it to someone else. So it will have to be sometime tonight before I go to bed. First come, first served and we will have to work out how to use my reservation on my EVGA account. Feel free to IM too. Knowing how hard it is to find these days, I wanted to share if at all possible with the community.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
hitbyambulance

Re: New EVGA 3080 TI

Post by hitbyambulance »

i was about to respond "YES!" ... then i saw the price. so "NO!"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And I was about to respond, "I wish!"

To be fair, that's not a gouged price. It's a good deal if you're in the market for that high end of a card.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:39 pm And I was about to respond, "I wish!"

To be fair, that's not a gouged price. It's a good deal if you're in the market for that high end of a card.
Isn't that still about $200 above Nvidia's MSRP?
Enough

Post by Enough »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:12 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:39 pm And I was about to respond, "I wish!"

Isn't that still about $200 above Nvidia's MSRP?
I would have to look up what EVGA released it at, but it is quite spendy in any case. Happy to let my reservation expire and return my place in line to the greater good as well.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell