Diablo 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaddison

Re: Diablo 4

Post by Jaddison »

I must be lucky as hell then because I have always gotten ancestrals of some kind quickly. I almost always find a world boss event and take my lumps but usually get great drops.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ok, that'll help. I was finally able to get enough Shadow resist and armor to kill off Echo of Varshan (he was one shotting me before), and he kindly dropped a power 918 Condemnation - a Unique dagger for my build that's best-in-slot.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Question as I get a character to 90. I have $330M in gold. I am not seeing special drops just incremental improvements from time to time. My pargaon point journey is nearing it's end.....what the heck am I supposed to do with $330M gold, if there some special itemization location where really neat stuff drops? Is there any use for gold?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I logged in my low lvl alt sorc last night and quickly ran out of town to run to some other area and died almost as fast as I left. Im used to having a large undead army protecting me and high lvl armor and tons of mana / essense to use....my mage had no army and crappy spells and after 3 casts I hear I dont have the mana for that a few times then dead lol. OOps. My nexro can run anywhere...and I have a horse I contantly forget I have..the mage can use it too...nothing stops me on the horse. I just dont remember I have it yet.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:48 pm Question as I get a character to 90. I have $330M in gold. I am not seeing special drops just incremental improvements from time to time. My pargaon point journey is nearing it's end.....what the heck am I supposed to do with $330M gold, if there some special itemization location where really neat stuff drops? Is there any use for gold?
Answering this (to the best of my ability) for everyone, so ignore the parts you already know.

The really neat stuff is the uniques, which are the items beyond legendary. So,

Common
Magic
Rare
Legendary
Sacred Legendary (found at World Tier III)
Ancestral Legendary (found at World Tier IV)
Unique (found at World Tier III and IV)

Gold is mostly intended for use at the enchanter. Each character has an 'ideal' item for the endgame - the perfect combination of traits and a high power level.

For example, my rogue's "perfect" gloves would be a power level 925 Ancestral Legendary and have:

+ranks to Twisting Blades
Chance to slow on Lucky Hit
Critical Strike Chance
And either attack speed or dexterity

All of the rolls on those would be maxed (so if the text for a bonus says, "[2-6]%", you'd look for one with 6%.)

It would also have maximized (50% out of the 30%-50% range) Aspect of Shared Misery. Luckily they made it easy to switch the aspects on your gear these days, so once you hit the endgame, you don't need to take the aspect on Legendaries into account at all. You can also add gem sockets to anything, so you don't have to look for that, either.

Now, that is, as I said, the "perfect" gloves. It's unlikely I'll ever find those gloves. What I look for, then, is a set of gloves with a high power level (890+) that has two or three of those bonuses with high (not necessarily maximized) rolls. So, I might find power level 897 Ancestral Legendary gloves with:

+2 ranks to Twisting Blades(2 out of 3 on the roll)
Trap Skill Cooldown Reduction
+7.2% Critical Strike Chance (7.2% out of 9 on the roll)
All stats +14

I underlined the ones that I need.

I would then take those gloves to the Enchanter and reroll Trap Skill Cooldown reduction until it ended up with Chance to Slow on Lucky Hit, Attack Speed, or Dexterity, and with a decent roll for said stat. I might get lucky and get it on the second reroll for a hundred thousand gold, or it might take a while and cost many millions.

I'd then go to my stash and find an Aspect of Shared Misery with a decent roll and have the Enchanter swap that onto the gloves (this is why you learn what aspects you need from the beginning and extract them rather than scrapping/selling those items.) I'd then go to the Jeweler and add sockets (if gloves have sockets - I don't recall.) Finally, I'd take them to the Blacksmith and have him upgrade them to the maximum level.

That's what the money is for.

Luckily, D4 made getting the right gear much less of a grind than Diablo 3, as you don't have to take sockets or Legendary Aspects into account at all. You just have to look for a couple of good stats/rolls and then customize it.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:33 pm I logged in my low lvl alt sorc last night and quickly ran out of town to run to some other area and died almost as fast as I left. Im used to having a large undead army protecting me and high lvl armor and tons of mana / essense to use....my mage had no army and crappy spells and after 3 casts I hear I dont have the mana for that a few times then dead lol. OOps. My nexro can run anywhere...and I have a horse I contantly forget I have..the mage can use it too...nothing stops me on the horse. I just dont remember I have it yet.
Ice armor is your friend. Ice armor can make you tough and increase your mana regen. In my weekly group, I'm playing a sorcerer, and between the ice armor, teleport, and barriers I generally take the least damage in the group (which is intentional - it lets me max out Glass Cannon, which trades dealing extra damage for taking extra damage.)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

So, some quick advice for new players on how to deal with your loot:

~If it has a pickaxe symbol, then scrapping it at the blacksmith will give you it's look for transmog.
~If it's Legendary, check the aspect. If it's one you need, take it to the enchanter and extract the aspect.
~Scrap absolutely everything else.

Don't bother selling anything unless you're actually in a pinch and need to gold immediately. You could probably sell every item you find from level 1-30 and still get less gold than you'll find in five minutes at level 50. At 70-something, most of the stuff I'm finding sells for ~20,000 gold, while just killing and picking up gold, plus rewards, usually brings me in many millions per hour. The crafting materials you'll be collecting as you scrap while leveling, on the other hand, are useful.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:42 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:33 pm I logged in my low lvl alt sorc last night and quickly ran out of town to run to some other area and died almost as fast as I left. Im used to having a large undead army protecting me and high lvl armor and tons of mana / essense to use....my mage had no army and crappy spells and after 3 casts I hear I dont have the mana for that a few times then dead lol. OOps. My nexro can run anywhere...and I have a horse I contantly forget I have..the mage can use it too...nothing stops me on the horse. I just dont remember I have it yet.
Ice armor is your friend. Ice armor can make you tough and increase your mana regen. In my weekly group, I'm playing a sorcerer, and between the ice armor, teleport, and barriers I generally take the least damage in the group (which is intentional - it lets me max out Glass Cannon, which trades dealing extra damage for taking extra damage.)
Second that, my sorcerer has both Ice armor and firewall. I sacrifice one those lame abilities on the fourth grouping but I have not missed it and love having the two defensives...I also have teleport which is another defensive
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Teleport, Ice Armor, and Frost Nova are my core defenses (and offenses at the same time.) Port in, wait a few seconds for them to bunch up on me, Frost Nova, nuke, Ice Armor when they thaw/I need mana, then teleport out when everything's on cooldown.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I usually go cold sorc and thats why I made this one. In D2 I loved blizzard and orb. But I found I want to go lightning this time . its fun too. Just need more mana. Ill grab ice armor....may redo my entire skill tree as I haven't been happy with it since I started one way and went another part way in.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:15 pm I usually go cold sorc and thats why I made this one. In D2 I loved blizzard and orb. But I found I want to go lightning this time . its fun too. Just need more mana. Ill grab ice armor....may redo my entire skill tree as I haven't been happy with it since I started one way and went another part way in.
I'm doing lightning, too. Neither the armor or the nova is a damage ability.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

OK. I picked this up during the Steam Winter sale.
I ended up splurging for the Ultimate version.
Some of questions.

1. How many different characters can I have under my account?

2. Does everyone go through the same prologue for every character they have?

3. I have the accelerated Battle Pass that includes 20 tier skips. Is this like levels or something else?
A. If it's like levels, does it also skip the story or do I start the level 1 prologue as a level 20 character?
B. Is the skip available for every character that I create?
C. Can I activate it to get all the other goodies and not use the skip? This is important as I don't want to miss any story stuff.

4. Speaking of extras. I'm also supposed to get mounts and armor and other goodies. How do I get them? I couldn't find them.

5. I picked a Druid to start, mostly because I'm hoping to get pets. Since I plan on soloing for most of the game, is this a good solo choice?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'll answer a couple briefly tonight, and try to give a more thorough answer tomorrow when I'm not using a phone.

2. Yes

3. Something else. Make sure you've got a seasonal character, then hit 'U' while in game. That's what you get to jump ahead on. All seasonal characters share progress, and when the season ends (about a month from now), it resets. The battle pass is good until then.

4. You unlock mounts during the campaign. I don't know what armor you're referring to, but check the wardrobe when you get to the first big town.

5. The campaign is really easy, and the difficulty is limited to World Tier 2 (normal) until you finish the campaign. Any class is easy to solo.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Punisher wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:46 am OK. I picked this up during the Steam Winter sale.
I ended up splurging for the Ultimate version.
Some of questions.

1. How many different characters can I have under my account?

3. I have the accelerated Battle Pass that includes 20 tier skips. Is this like levels or something else?
A. If it's like levels, does it also skip the story or do I start the level 1 prologue as a level 20 character?
C. Can I activate it to get all the other goodies and not use the skip? This is important as I don't want to miss any story stuff.

4. Speaking of extras. I'm also supposed to get mounts and armor and other goodies. How do I get them? I couldn't find them.

5. I picked a Druid to start, mostly because I'm hoping to get pets. Since I plan on soloing for most of the game, is this a good solo choice?
Anything is soloable up until Tier 4. Add in that you can respec easily to try out new powers and up until you hit some of the Tier 4 content you will do well with almost any build.....When you first hit Tier 3 you will find some of the shortcomings of different builds but then you get your first sacred gear and you are back on top of the world,
For Druid I have found Werebear to be the most survivable but again you can experiment in Tier1 and 2 and zip through the content.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Right now I'm level 5 and put everything into that storm lightning skill but will check out werebear.
I just finished the part where i kill the crazy villagers and im on the way to the hermit.
I think its still the prolouge but not sure.

Is the battle pass with acceleration a one and done meaning once i use it and and the season ends, it's gone forever or does ot reset for the next season?
If its gone should i just wait until the next season starts so that i get the full benefit?
Also, what are the seasons? Are they like additional content like DLCs?
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Seasons have a theme and a unique "mechanism" that is only good for the season. Also, your seasonal characters will become regular characters and for season 3 you will start new characters.

If you play only one character you should fly through the battle pass stuff without acceleration....if you are lime me an an althoholic maybe not so fast.

What you need to is to get through I think act 3 to get your horse. Then all your characters get a horse even at level 1 and this also transfers to seasons...so get yourself through act 3.

Werebear and pulverize with gear enhanced with pulverize is rapid killing tank but storm is fun....until Tier 3 when the fragile nature of druids without shapeshifting catches up to you.... or at least that was my experience but you can respec anytime for minimal cost so experiment away
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I promised a better response.
Punisher wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:46 am 1. How many different characters can I have under my account?

10, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that expand in the future.
Yes, but if you're playing seasonal content, you'll have the option to skip the campaign entirely.

Ok, time to explain seasons.

There are two ways to play Diablo 4: Eternal Realm and Seasonal Realm. Think of them as completely separate games with unconnected worlds (your seasonal characters, for instance, do not share the stash with your Eternal characters.)

Eternal Realms are essentially vanilla Diablo. You go in, you play what's there, and that's it.

Seasonal Realms are called that because they're where Seasons take place. A Season has the same campaign/etc. content as the Eternal Realm, but also has a ton of extra content built around a theme. Right now, until sometime in late January, is Season 2, called the Season of Blood. The theme is vampires. Hit the 'U' key by default to see the seasonal stuff. It'll look something like this:

At the bottom you'll see a series of boxes, numbered 1-90. Those are tiers, and they're like a second set of levels earned through experience and a few other things, and is shared among all your Seasonal characters (they all contribute to it.) Each time you fill up the little bar under a box (and finish a tier), you click the box and gain the reward shown. Your accelerated battle pass gives you the first 20 tiers automatically. Some say 'Free'. Those are given to everyone. The ones not listed as free are only available to those who get one of the battle passes (which are normally $10 per season.)

Now, if you look at the box listed as Tier 8, you'll see that it's got some ashes. You get those every few tiers, and they're available to everyone. When you get one, click on the box that says, "Season Blessings."

There, you can spend them like skill points into a special set of bonuses (tip: as you're leveling, the one that gives you XP is the most useful, followed by the one that prolongs elixirs. Note that some of the ashes require that your character be a certain level. See below - I have to hit 82 before I can use this set of ashes.

You can also click Season Journey to see a special set of objectives. As you finish these, you'll receive extra rewards (mounts, aspects, titles, etc.), plus you'll gain a ton of 'Favor', the XP used to unlock tiers. Chapters 1 and 2 can be completed during the campaign, but the rest will require the endgame to complete.

I'm not going to go into the endgame much right now - I know how cognitive loads can affect people like you and I, and I don't want to overdo it.

What is important is that when you hit level 50, you'll be able to increase the difficulty (called World Tier) which will make it tough - very briefly - but you'll also have access to much better gear drops, which will make it easy again. You'll also have access to endgame activities, and there are a bunch, including a couple that are seasonal only. When you get to that, I'll be happy to offer another explanation if you want one.

The other thing to know is that when the current season ends, all Seasonal characters will be 'demoted' to Eternal Realms. You'll keep any rewards you earned (and things like mounts and cosmetics are shared between all characters), but any you haven't earned will no longer be available. After that, a new Season will start, requiring fresh characters, and, if you're wanting the extra rewards, a new battle pass. FWIW, I think the battle pass is worth it, but the accelerated probably isn't unless you're joining the season late. I just had the regular battle pass and had no problem finishing up all of the seasonal Tiers long before I hit the level cap or finished the Season Journey.
Utterly irrelevant non-plot spoilers follow.

When you start, you'll have access to Chapters 1, 2, and 3. They are not connected, and you can do them in any order. Once all three are complete, you'll gain access to Chapter 4, and one of the first quests will be the one that gives you a mount. Altogether, there are 6 chapters plus an epilogue.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Punisher wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:06 pm Right now I'm level 5 and put everything into that storm lightning skill but will check out werebear.
I just finished the part where i kill the crazy villagers and im on the way to the hermit.
I think its still the prolouge but not sure.

Is the battle pass with acceleration a one and done meaning once i use it and and the season ends, it's gone forever or does ot reset for the next season?
If its gone should i just wait until the next season starts so that i get the full benefit?
Also, what are the seasons? Are they like additional content like DLCs?
You have to complete the campaign once, then you are free to skip forever more.....until the $100 expansion that is :ninja:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Forgot this one:
Any character can solo the game. If you want to fiddle with builds, do so to your heart's content. If you're the type that doesn't enjoy fiddling with the math to figure out what works well with what, Maxroll has the go-to build guides. They breakdown the skills, stats, gear, and everything else. Even if you're going to make your own build, it's worth reading the ones that are similar to get an understanding of how everything works - it isn't always obvious. Maxroll is much better than Icy Veins, which has, sadly, gone sideways.

A word on how progression works:

The level cap is 100, but it's split into two sets of 50. From level 1-50 you gain skill points when you level. From level 51-100, you gain four Paragon points as you level, which add a new kind of bonuses.

The difficulty is currently divided into four levels, called World Tiers.

To start with you'll only have access to World Tier I (easy) and WT II (normal.) Both are really easy. Once you hit level 50 and finish the campaign, you'll gain access to a special dungeon. Finish that, and you'll gain access to World Tier III.

The difficulty will spike, but you'll gain access to Sacred Legendary gear, which is a more powerful version of regular Legendaries, and they drop a lot more frequently. When I made the switch, I was getting my ass handed to me - for about an hour, after which it felt normal. After two or three hours, WT III felt easy. A while later you'll gain access to another dungeon that unlocks World Tier IV.

Just like WT III, WT IV has an increase in difficulty, but it doesn't take long to start collecting the next new type of gear - Ancestral Legendaries - after which you'll be mowing through stuff again.

But here's the thing: When you hit level 50 in World Tier II, the XP gain will become so slow that you'll rarely ever gain a level. You're supposed to make the jump to the next level at that point. It's just the normal gameplay loop. It is recommended, therefore, that if you want to see all of the content and want to collect the rewards, you should focus primarily on the campaign until you've completed it. Don't worry too much about the sideqeusts - they never go away. Finish the campaign so that you can up the tier, and so that you'll actually be able to gain levels while you do the sidequests. Plus, you'll start getting access to the real endgame/seasonal events and resources to collect as you go.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

If i understand correctly. The max skill points I'll ever have is 50 which mmeans I'll never be able to unlock everythung at once?
I can respec, but not actually max out.

Also, I already did the tier skip. When the season is over, my tiers start all over correct?
Not a huge deal. It was a $8 difference to get it and with the sale thoyght it was worth it.
Does that mean i can buy multiple seadon passes now while theyvate on sale and stick up or are they only good for the season they are in when you buy then?
Also will the battlepass and tier skip apply to all characters i make?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:36 pm If i understand correctly. The max skill points I'll ever have is 50 which mmeans I'll never be able to unlock everythung at once?
I can respec, but not actually max out.
58 (you can get more via completing activities - hit 'W' with the map open), but still not even close to maxing everything. You only have four hotkeys (1-4) plus your left and right mouse buttons to equip things to - there's no real reason to max out everything. (I don't know anything about druids, so this is general.) Typically you'll have a builder and a spender. One increases your resource (mana, rage, energy, etc), and the other spends it on damage. You'll then have a few other skills for certain situations, and most of the rest will be the passive that buffs up whatever skills/playstyle you're going to be using.

Just for example, you mentioned that you wanted pets. Here is an example of a druid pet build that shows how many of the skills actually get unlocked. (But be warned - right now druids based on pets are considered to be the weakest skillset of any class in the game. You should absolutely play it the way that you find the most fun, but be aware that some things may be a bit harder.)
Punisher wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:36 pm Also, I already did the tier skip. When the season is over, my tiers start all over correct?
Not a huge deal. It was a $8 difference to get it and with the sale thoyght it was worth it.
Does that mean i can buy multiple seadon passes now while theyvate on sale and stick up or are they only good for the season they are in when you buy then?
Also will the battlepass and tier skip apply to all characters i make?
The battle passes are per season, and they apply equally to all characters. And I've never tried to buy them in advance, but that's generally not how they work.

If you make a new character and go check, they'll already have the 20 tiers skipped, plus whatever progress you've made. However, as soon as the next season starts, the battle pass expires and you'll be back at Tier 1 on any new characters you make afterward, with no skips and no access to the new season's battle pass items, unless you buy a new battle pass. Think of them as season tickets. And when the season ends, your current characters then become Eternal Realm characters without any seasonal tiers at all (although they retain anything that they've unlocked.)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

you'll be back at Tier 1 on any new characters you make afterward
Does this mean that any existing characters dont start at tier 1?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:48 pm
you'll be back at Tier 1 on any new characters you make afterward
Does this mean that any existing characters dont start at tier 1?
When the season ends, all of the season content goes away. Characters from the previous season become Eternal Realm characters, where the season tiers don't exist. They won't be tier 1, because that whole mechanic will be gone for them.

The idea behind seasons is that each one adds a new, different twist to the game. New unlocks, new content, new mechanics. And every player starts off on the same footing - level 1, no power leveling, no twinking from last season's stash, etc. The only advantage to them is that they will have their mounts from the beginning.
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

There is no reason to buy a battle pass unless you are into the cosmetics.

I agree with the recommendation of finishing the campaign first, but also do all the renown awards in each zone including the altars of Lilith. The altar buffs and most of the renown stuff carries over for your entire account and seasons. You get a boost with those renown skill points right off the bat in each season. Makes your lvl 1 character quick to level up and feel powerful.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Torfish wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:55 pm There is no reason to buy a battle pass unless you are into the cosmetics.

I agree with the recommendation of finishing the campaign first, but also do all the renown awards in each zone including the altars of Lilith. The altar buffs and most of the renown stuff carries over for your entire account and seasons. You get a boost with those renown skill points right off the bat in each season. Makes your lvl 1 character quick to level up and feel powerful.
You really want to get the campaign done before focusing on renown or anything else so you can get the mount. The mount makes everything easier...I wish I had realized that before I played alts before finishing the campaign.

The incentive with the season rewards is the ashes of creation which let you boost experience. Get 4 ashes of creation in XP and it is boosted 20%, add a potion and its another 5%...and for winter event gideons potion is 15% boost.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Torfish wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:55 pm There is no reason to buy a battle pass unless you are into the cosmetics.
Which I am.
Jaddison wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:29 pm You really want to get the campaign done before focusing on renown or anything else so you can get the mount. The mount makes everything easier...I wish I had realized that before I played alts before finishing the campaign.

The incentive with the season rewards is the ashes of creation which let you boost experience. Get 4 ashes of creation in XP and it is boosted 20%, add a potion and its another 5%...and for winter event gideons potion is 15% boost.
I also agree with this - and not only so you can get the mount (which is before the end of the campaign), but because if you're going to be hitting the XP drop at 50 by that time as well. If you're going to be running all over the place and killing things, you'd might as well be getting XP along the way.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Got my Barbarian to 100, have 450M gold and am thinking maybe it is time to wait for season 3 because I am not seeing the fun in running Nightmare dungeons or tackling the same uber bosses over and over. I have not earned the last two seasonal levels but that requires nightmare dungeon running over and over to get the 5 thingies to 21 and also defeating each of the uber bosses (I have done all the other parts of those levels).

Am i missing something that should make me want to keep plugging away?

Definitely got my money's worth.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The mount is amazing. its faster than it looks by a lot and much faster than walking. plus nothing will attack you really or stop you..it may try. I look at the map and see where i need to go in these later quest..many across the map at the bottom of the world and no close wayshrine. But hop on the mount and Im surprised how fast i get there. I was really becoming burnt out of D4s walking speed. it was a HUGE point of frustration in the beta and made me not get the game until it went on a big sale.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:40 am The mount is amazing. its faster than it looks by a lot and much faster than walking. plus nothing will attack you really or stop you..it may try. I look at the map and see where i need to go in these later quest..many across the map at the bottom of the world and no close wayshrine. But hop on the mount and Im surprised how fast i get there. I was really becoming burnt out of D4s walking speed. it was a HUGE point of frustration in the beta and made me not get the game until it went on a big sale.
When you get to the seasonal content and get your ashes of creation, one of the ability enhancements is the mount recovery from sprinting so that you can basically sprint everywhere. If you get all the ashes your potions last longer, you get more XP and boosted Hunters Acclaim ( which was a disappointment for the level 18 rewards. They might have been nice if I had focused solely on getting to max earlier but at level 95 they were basically trash)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive gotten to the lvl 40 stuff I think. I was wondering what ashes were for.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Go read my last few posts. I explained the ashes. With pictures.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Just found the clan thing and submitted a request
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Questions
Sell or salvage the stuff i pick up?

Do i ever get more than 4 potion slots?

Do i ever getva larger backpack?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:34 pm Questions
Sell or salvage the stuff i pick up?
There are three options: sell, salvage, or extract. Sell gives you gold. Salvage gives you materials and transmog. Extract removes the Legendary Aspect (that's the 'special power' that Legendary items have) and lets you put it on another item. You should familiarize yourself with which aspects are helpful for your build (if you're running a homemade build, consider checking a similar build on Maxroll - linked above - for suggestions.) From my post the other day:

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:48 pm So, some quick advice for new players on how to deal with your loot:

~If it has a pickaxe symbol, then scrapping it at the blacksmith will give you it's look for transmog.
~If it's Legendary, check the aspect. If it's one you need, take it to the enchanter and extract the aspect.
~Scrap absolutely everything else.

Don't bother selling anything unless you're actually in a pinch and need to gold immediately. You could probably sell every item you find from level 1-30 and still get less gold than you'll find in five minutes at level 50. At 70-something, most of the stuff I'm finding sells for ~20,000 gold, while just killing and picking up gold, plus rewards, usually brings me in many millions per hour. The crafting materials you'll be collecting as you scrap while leveling, on the other hand, are useful.
Punisher wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:34 pm Do i ever get more than 4 potion slots?
Yes. Check the map. Look at the top for 'View Rewards' and click the listed button:

It will take you here:

The top lists your rewards, with progress bars (which you can see in the fourth box in mine.) Below that is a list of activities that contributes to your progress in those areas. You can see the rewards that it gives you. And there are five regions, so you'll eventually collect all of those rewards for each region - which is pretty significant. Even better - each section has two rewards listed, one on the top (icon of a single character), and one on the bottom (icon with multiple characters.) Once a reward is unlocked, the bonus is automatically unlocked for each and every Seasonal character you make from now until eternity. That means that you'll be starting brand new characters five years from now with +4 potion capacity and +10 skill points.

Again, though, for Seasonal characters, it's probably more worthwhile to play through the campaign first to gain access to the seasonal content and higher World Tiers, then come back and start collecting the bits and pieces later, as you'll be doing so while working on much more rewarding content.
Do i ever getva larger backpack?
No. Have you found your stash? That you can expand.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaddison wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:16 pm Got my Barbarian to 100, have 450M gold and am thinking maybe it is time to wait for season 3 because I am not seeing the fun in running Nightmare dungeons or tackling the same uber bosses over and over. I have not earned the last two seasonal levels but that requires nightmare dungeon running over and over to get the 5 thingies to 21 and also defeating each of the uber bosses (I have done all the other parts of those levels).

Am i missing something that should make me want to keep plugging away?

Definitely got my money's worth.
I'm in a similar spot. I'm only 83, but I'm partway through Chapter 8. Chapter 9 (the final chapter) confuses me - the rewards are minimal (a title and blood I don't really need), but the steps to be taken to unlock them are pretty considerable. D3 gave the most unique rewards - pets, wings - as a reward for the final level. A title, though? I'll finish 8, but I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with 9.
I have not earned the last two seasonal levels but that requires nightmare dungeon running over and over to get the 5 thingies to 21 and also defeating each of the uber bosses (I have done all the other parts of those levels).
I said screw it the other day and summoned Grigoire. He's one of the endgame bosses you have to summon and kill to finish Chapter 8. I was only 82, so I was expecting to die repeatedly, but... I killed him in about 30 seconds with only a couple of potions. If the other Ch 8 bosses are that easy, I'll be able to finish the chapter in an hour or so.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:42 pm Just found the clan thing and submitted a request
I approved the application, which sends you back a formal invitation. You'll have to accept on your end.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have 7 potion slots right now so its handy.

I didn't know about extractions..Ive been salvaging everything even legendaries since lvl 20 or so. got a ton of money anyways. I like salvaging the legendaries to get new cosmetic looks. Do you get those if you extract instead?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:04 pm I have 7 potion slots right now so its handy.

I didn't know about extractions..Ive been salvaging everything even legendaries since lvl 20 or so. got a ton of money anyways. I like salvaging the legendaries to get new cosmetic looks. Do you get those if you extract instead?
No.

If it's a Legendary and you don't already have the look (transmog), it'll have the pickaxe symbol at the blacksmith. Usually I'll scrap them from transmog unless it is an aspect that I badly need and has an excellent roll (so if it's a rare aspect and out of 20%-40% it is 38%+, for example.)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Didn't know about extraction. Been splitying between selling and salvage. Will switch to primary salcage now. Only l18 and only have about 68000 but there hasn't really been anything that says but me. I've respecced a bit and upgraded but they need materials which are a pain to find a lot of do can only upgrade so much.